• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

:bday: Mo!!!!!!! :cake::flower3::mickeybar

thank you!!!
:bday: :cake: :daisy:
Happy Birthday, Mo. I hope you have a great day today. :woohoo:

I hope you can find a reasonably priced ticket for your return from Maine. I'm not sure you are going to find one on SWA, though, although you never know. We had to buy some last minute tickets on SWA for our Feb trip and it seemed like once they start to rise they don't go down. But my sisters were able to get some cheap last minute fares by doing a cheap ticket search and flying out of O'Hare. I know that isn't close to you, now that I know what area you are in, ;) . But maybe that would save some money.

By the way, I bet you cross the border for cheap gasoline all the time. :) We live too far to make a run to the border worth it. :(

Thank you!!!
well i will post about the flights in a sec.. Oh NO WAY no Ohare!!! the stupid traffic take us about 3 hours to get there.. and it really only about 40 minutes away... i cannot believe the traffic!!!
YES! Yes i do jump the border! ALL THE TIME. you have to have cheaper gas somewhere by you???

Happy birthday!:bday:
Congrats on the weight loss! That is a lot in 2 weeks. Super impressive.

Thank you!!! it was a lot of weight. The first was water weight-- I am sure of it. No One lose 12 pounds in a week!!! LOL

:bday:

Hope you have a great day!

Thank you!!!

Looks like somebody let the cat out of the bag about your birthday, so... :bday:

jxTnOS8Mkv8n6.gif

Have you thought about signing up to have ***************** keep an eye out for a reservation for you? :scratchin

*hides from Mean Mom* :scared:

thank you!!! yep 29 feels good...
Nope i think he cheats the normal people out of ressies.

Today is friday so i HOPE the kid woke up

Hmm... I feel like SWA used to have TON of flights from Manchester to Midway, really inexpensive too. I used to travel out of Manch all the time when I lived in NH... actually lived about 15 minutes from the airport so it was super convenient. I haven't looked myself, but what about flying out of Portland or something... might cost extra for rental car return to a different airport but maybe it would be less in the long run. And I know nothing about the airports in Maine but just a thought....

hehe, right next to the "post reply" button!

Also, joining the club to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you have some fun celebrations!
:dogdance::bday::dogdance:

got me jelly bean.. Suzi is the driver here.. we totally could have rented a car and drove to her house.. But she insisted.. she is a persistent little bugger! HA!!!
I see it now.. **bonks myself in the head**** will try to upload once i am done with Meg's??

Thank you!!

Just stopping by to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY in the middle of the day!!!

You've been on my mind lots today and I hope you are enjoying every moment of it!!! Love yoU!

D~

Thanks D~
oh it was just another day made special by three little midgets!

:yay: YAY :yay:

That's all I have to say. :hourglass

5 days!!!!!!!!!

Folks, the site being referenced here is banned on the DIS. Please do not advocate or post about this third party site.

Thank you!

Hi jackie.. please don't put Billie in jail.. she just doesn't know how to BE GOOD!!! <-- just kidding
I am not a fan of these types of services.. i believe they are taking away from the normal people just trying to make reservation. and you have to PAY THEM? please. just my humble opinion.

Ooops, I'm causin' trubble up in Mo's thread! :oops: :guilty: :scared:

Sorry, I didn't know! Forgive me! :worship:

naughty Billie.... tisk tisk...

Ooooo, your such a rebel, Billie!! :smooth:

she is.. and everyone thinks it's ME?!? nugh ugh

:bday: Hope you had a great day, Mo!!!!!

Thank you!!!

I've been a baaad baaad girl. 8-) :rolleyes1:lmao:

what are we going to do about you?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Thanks! it was fun

ok...how did I miss that yesterday was your birthday????

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

lynn

don't know??? thought it was a nation holiday and everyone knew??
but thank you!!!

Hi jackie.. please don't put Billie in jail.. she just doesn't know how to BE GOOD!!! <-- just kidding
Sadly, she's not actually kidding. Apparently my badness level is unusually high for someone my size. :stitch2:

I am not a fan of these types of services.. i believe they are taking away from the normal people just trying to make reservation. and you have to PAY THEM? please. just my humble opinion.
I hadn't thought about it that way, actually! You may be right, though. :scratchin

naughty Billie.... tisk tisk...
she is.. and everyone thinks it's ME?!? nugh ugh
what are we going to do about you?
BWTZOE4vnj3gs.gif

Yesterday!
Yep was my birthday! which wasn't as bad as the year before.. this year i am 41. which i still can't believe.. How did that happen?!? ah well i still act like i am 21 so all is good..

Meg had a game they WON! all the girls wished me Happy Birthday and was SO SWEET!

came home had dinner and TOm got me a cake from Dairy queen!

OMG this thing was DELISH!!! but KILLED me. Since i haven't had anything sweet in 3 weeks!!! UGH i got sick! but totally worth it.

the kids got me this:

OHH the saying is just perfect too!!! Matches my earrings from mother's day!

Then i went on facebook this happened:

HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!?! no photoshop Haley went to each park for me and took this!!! COME ON!!! I welled up with tears. This is the friend who is in the DCP I cannot wait to squish her in NOVEMBER!!!!

Yes i had a wonderful Birthday!!!

Today i took off. Figured it would give me time to catch up on Laundry-cleaning etc. Zack is home too.. he's not feeling well and i figured i would save myself from picking him up later from school. Today is their School picnic so i know he isn't faking it.
I want to take the Woobie out either tonight or this weekend. Get it cleaned up and ready for...............

MAINE IN 5 DAYS!!! yes yes yes!!! i cannot wait! I did book my flight home!!! No need for the go fund me account to save Suzi from my living in her home!!! I know she is happy!
FINALLY we will be back together!
Let's do a little Throw back of our past Epic Adventures:

this was our FIRST trip together! If you want to read about it.. (I have to say its pretty entertaining) you can! Right here:
OUR FIRST EPIC DIS MEET

The above is the start if it all.. Then the year after (2014) they all came to Chicago! Tess TOO!!

which of course you can read all about this here:
2014 EPIC DIS MEET

2015 will bring us to MAINE! I cannot begin to tell you how excited i am to see my great friends SQUISH them and see what kind of shenanigans will happen!!!

well I better be off to start my cleaning!!! Talk soon and hope you all have a PIXI DUSTED kind of weekend!!!

Happy belated Birthday! :love:
And congrats on your weight loss. That's so exciting!

All caught up! I'm not getting email alerts like I should be. :magnify:

HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!?! no photoshop Haley went to each park for me and took this!!! COME ON!!! I welled up with tears. This is the friend who is in the DCP I cannot wait to squish her in NOVEMBER!!!!
This is really extra nice of her. What a thoughtful thing to do. :)

MAINE IN 5 DAYS!!! yes yes yes!!! i cannot wait!
That sounds like tons of fun. I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Have you ever been to Maine before? It is on my bucket list.

Happy belated birthday my fellow Taurian!! I'm glad you had a good birthday this year. I turned 31 this year and I liked it WAY more than 30; I think those big round numbered years are rough. The kids got the necklace dead on I'd say!! And I'm glad you got to have some sweets, even if your stomach didn't agree!

Maine, yay!! Psyched for you and the girls, I hope you all have a happy and safe trip!:disrocks:

Happy belated birthday. The necklace is really cute.
Glaad to hear that you found a flight home from Maine.
Liz

Happy belated birthday! :cake: :bday:

Big congratulations on your weight loss too, that is an incredible amount! I really need to get started myself...My holiday is creeping closer and there's still a little (hmmm...A lot) more of me than I would like!

I am sorry I missed your birthday, hope you had a fabulous weekend. That was so incredibly nice of your friend to send you wishes from all 4 parks. I hope you have a wonderful trip with the girls in Maine. I think it is great that you girls met on here, and got to be such good friends, the Dis is a good thing..I have read a few reports where people have made lasting friendships on here.

I LOVE THIS SO HARD!!!!!!! :lovestruc

Isn't that the best Birthday wish?!?! I just love that girl!
Happy belated Birthday! :love:
And congrats on your weight loss. That's so exciting!

Thank you!!!!

All caught up! I'm not getting email alerts like I should be

There are several people who aren't getting them!?!? I don't know why! But thank you for checking in!!! Don't want to lose you!!!

This is really extra nice of her. What a thoughtful thing to do.

wasn't it? just love that girl!

That sounds like tons of fun. I'm sure you'll all have a great time. Have you ever been to Maine before? It is on my bucket list.

I have never been so i am OVER the moon excited to go!!! just image the pictures i will have!!!!
PLus being with these silly chicks i know we will have another Epic adventure!

Happy belated birthday my fellow Taurian!

THANK YOU!!! But i am a Gemini!

I'm glad you had a good birthday this year. I turned 31 this year and I liked it WAY more than 30; I think those big round numbered years are rough. The kids got the necklace dead on I'd say!! And I'm glad you got to have some sweets, even if your stomach didn't agree!

30 didn't bother me at all.. I was pregnant.. 40 was rough for me.. i hated every minute of it. 41 isn't so bad it's now "i am in my 40's" which sucks.. my body feels old the mind is still 12
no no no.. it did no agree at all.. yet was totally worth every bite!!!

Maine, yay!! Psyched for you and the girls, I hope you all have a happy and safe trip!

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!

Happy belated birthday. The necklace is really cute.
Glaad to hear that you found a flight home from Maine.
Liz

Thank you!!! Yes the necklace is adorable! Just love my kiddos!
yes. Suzi is safe from me having to move in with her!

Happy belated birthday

Thank you!!!

Big congratulations on your weight loss too, that is an incredible amount! I really need to get started myself...My holiday is creeping closer and there's still a little (hmmm...A lot) more of me than I would like!

Thank you! Yes i didn't think atkins would work.. and i am shocked every time i get on the scale! who knew eating bacon-cheese- yummy stuff and LOSE?!?!

I am sorry I missed your birthday, hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Aww! Thank you!!! oh WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR!

That was so incredibly nice of your friend to send you wishes from all 4 parks.

Wasn't that the sweetest?!?! Just love that girl! can't wait to see her in November!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip with the girls in Maine. I think it is great that you girls met on here, and got to be such good friends, the Dis is a good thing..I have read a few reports where people have made lasting friendships on here.

Oh i will write all about this crazy week with these silly chicks!
I never thought i would meet some of my BEST FRIENDS right here on the Dis. But i did. ya know you always hear such horror stories about people and the internet. and it is a serious issue. we just got lucky with each other NOT being serial killers...

OH but i have the news to tell you! Hold on while i write this up!!!

Good Morning!!!

It's Monday... Mundane Monday. It's cloudy and COLD for June 1st. Like 45° cold!!! WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?!?! IT'S JUNE!!! This should be shorts tee weather! not sweatpants winter jacket weather!!!

166 DAYS TO GO!
Can you believe it?!?! It's FLYING!!!
in 86 days i can make FP+
we are still up in the air about when we will be LEAVING Chicago i would like to have at least 2 days with our friends before heading to AoA if Tom has the vacation time. I guess not everyone has the time i have! LOL!!

Next on the agenda:
MAINE!!!
The island of Maine where Bob Marley sings! Of the Isle of Maine! I cannot wait!!! the pictures Suzi has been sending has my blood PUMPING! Cannot wait to see my girls again! The adventures we will HAVE!!!

I feel Horrible about leaving.. Why you ask???

Because of this:

STORY TIME!
Last week at Meg's game we were watching and My Mom (ya know the enabler?) Mentioned how someone found a 6 month old Great Dane. I piped up and said we will take her! kinda of jokingly... Mom then told her friend Toni who then went to her friend MARY (the one who HAS the dog) keeping up??? Mom -Toni- Mary
I then get an email from my Mom it was a from Toni talking about the dog. which would have a normal person running.
the email:
"I saw Grace today - big, crazy pup.....lol. My friend Mary's plan right now is to put her with a great dane rescue. She has contacted one (sorry I did not get the name - Mary was very frazzled/busy today) The rescue is supz'd to pick her up this weekend.
However, Mary has not heard back from them for a day - so she and Jeff seems doubtful that it is actually going to happen. The plan is for the rescue to fix her - she is 8 - 9 mths old and in heat now. Gracie also has cherry eye - both eyes. Mary says the rescue would fix that, too.

Gracie is beautiful - I've attached one pic. I forgot my stupid phone this morning - i took 2 good pics with Mary's phone - they show the cherry eye. But, again....Mary is very busy today - so I am waiting to see if she will forward me the other 2 pics.

This is what is know about her so far:
A Chicago detective found her 2 weeks ago, loose, on the "east side" - I think that it was nearer Roseland....very emaciated but, no injuries, scars, etc
You will see in the pic - she is till thin.
The detective took her to the vet - she got treatment for heartworm, flea/tick treatment, her age was determined and that the vet thought that she was "full breed" great dane.
Unfortunately she was so rowdy with their cat - running thru the house they decided to try to find a home for her. Mary and Jeff were contacted thru a mutual friend - so Grace ended up with them last Saturday. Mary & Jeff's dogs are ok - but, not happy - there's been some snapping. They are older dogs.
I walked in Mary's yard this morning and Grace greeted me by jumping on my back......rowdy, rowdy pup. She does not respect a gate.....counter surfing. Lots of puppy behavior.

I don't know if Mo would still be interested. I would be willing to drive with her over to their house to see Grace. I feel like the rescue may fall thru....and Mary & Jeff have a busy week ahead of them.....they are very compassionate people with animals - but, I saw the stress today. They will not leave her alone. They do have a cage large enough for her (i don't know if the detective purchased it)

I wanted to give you all of these details. But, please call me if you want to pursue a conversation or arrange for Mo to see her. My pc really wants to die.....and keeps going in and out on me. I may not see a fb post or email from you - if it goes out. Please at least let me know if Mo is still interested now getting some of Grace's history. She is a beautiful dog. She needs a knowledgeable owner - and a forever home (jeff's insists the person be serious) I told him all about you and your family and your experience with great danes. "

the picture was the one i post above. OK. I showed Tom the email with the picture. I said it is up to you.
that was stupid. Next thing i know tom calls Mom.. Mom then gives Toni our number. Toni calls my house several times talks to Tom. ( i am at work job #2) apparently Mary really did NOT want to give the dog up to anyone BUT Great Dance rescue.. OK well if it that is what they want then fine it wasn't meant to be right?
then Mary calls.
They spoke a lot and made plans for us to come and see the puppy. Calls back and asks if we can BRING OUR DOGS?!?
Hell no.
can you image my car- 2 adults- 3 kids- 3 dogs?
I repeat
Hell no.
she calls back
can we bring ONE dog.
No.
I told him next time she calls to blame it on me. I said no my dogs have not been out of the house since the Dog Flu epidemic hit chicagoland..
I repeat again. N-O. IF we bring this dog home how am i to know there won't be a dog fight in the back of my car with my kids right there??? Yep answer is still NO.
I finally get home about 4ish Tom calls Mary back asks if we can come earlier. OK come on by.
we were given the wrong address.. Once we had that all figured out we were on our way and there in minutes.. She lives in Chicago just a bit west of me. about a 20 minute ride.
She is sitting out front with the most gangling Great Dane i have ever seen - it broke my heart right then and there. poor baby and i was in love.
Her story as Mary said:
a cop was driving his beat somewhere east and saw a bunch of kids terrorizing this dog so he stopped and took the dog. He then took it to the vet they were going to keep her but she was a hell on wheels with their cats and couldn't keep her. this is how Mary got her. Mary has two dogs and these dogs DID NOT LIKE HER AT ALL.
we sat for a good hour she was cuddly- playful- and a bad puppy. clearly these people did not know how to discipline her.. I did...
Then:

we took her
you can see her eye's on the above picture. she needs a nip and tuck which we will get done.

we stopped at Petsmart got her and the others some toys and dog food to help put on some weight. we decided on the name Raven. there were several names throw around. Malli (MALIFICENT) Daisy- several others just didn't fit her. Raven was what we were all able to agree on!
on our way home! First she met Logan. Of course Logan was in LOVE... Remember this poor beast is in heat? yeah had to stop this love fest. these two get along famously.
next was Lex. the one who i thought would be all over it! Finally a playmate!
I was sorely mistaken. Lex wanted NOTHING to do with her. and growled several times!!! ugh oh. Let lex off his leash and kept Raven on hers. Next up was Piper.
Piper hates all dogs unless it's logan and lex. I knew this was going to be bad but she will get over it.. until this screwball of a puppy decided to chase piper. damn. we call it a night. I go to bed take my sex driven golden to bed with me. Tom said all dogs were perfectly fine all night just hanging out with him. (HAWKS WON)
Sunday morning. i have to go to work all dogs are being good. step dad comes as is the every Sunday Morning routine. until Raven decides to get on the counch- to try to walk across the end table to get to me who is sitting in the chair.. NO! there went the lamp etc. This dog does NOT know the word NO.
life is fun
I came home Tom and kids all said nothing happened and everyone was good. THANK GOD.
I fell asleep on the couch i guess i was a bit exhausted from all the excitement Lex on one side of me and Raven on the other.
Her snoring woke me up.
As i was cuddling with lex Raven got a little jealous and tried to tell Lex to back off.
OH hell no.
Sorry Kiddo these were my babies first.
Same happened with Piper. She went after Piper every time she sat on my lap. every time i had to take her to the floor. I cannot let this go on. Mind you she is NOT house broken either. there was a lot of cleaning going on.... THANK GOD my kids help in all this!!!
Finally about 7:50 last night i had enough. Raven went to her cage for the night. as soon as she was put away all my dogs were back to normal. Lex walking around with a toy in his mouth. Logan running around with a toy acting like a fool and piper being her sweet princess again.
here are a couple more pictures of this poor baby:

She is going to be big.

Tom giving Lex some attention and Raven wanted in.

Logan and Raven playing.
She is rough.. but we will make her our own, she will love the best life a dog can have.
She will NEVER meet Stevie.

Sadly i will be leaving Tom with a lot of work as i am headed to MAINE!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!! I am speechless!!!!! Your brood grew overnight! Poor poor Raven... It sounds like she DEFINITELY found the right person to give her a new life, and help her on her path to becoming a good doggy citizen! You've got your hands full, lady. But she'll get there! I'm so very very happy that you gave this beautiful girl the home she so desperately needed! Please keep us updated on her progress!

Raven is so very lucky to have you as her new family... If anyone can turn her into a good family dog - it is you. I know that. She knows that. She is beautiful though and hopefully everyone begins to get along famously soon... And big doggie bladder = no fun... I have little doggie bladder = no fun and it's really no fun... Cannot imagine. :hug: But she is lucky - very, very lucky...

One more day Sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll probably cry when I see you girls... It's been too long. Damn near crying now, just thinking about it. :hug:

Love you - truly mean it! :lovestruc

D~ <--- off to get my nails done so I can look purty for you! ::yes::

It's cloudy and COLD for June 1st. Like 45° cold!!!

It's a little cooler here today too, only going up to 81 degrees. :rolleyes1 (how the heck do you make the little circle for the degrees sign? I can't figure that out for the life of me).

166 DAYS TO GO!

:cool1: :banana:

Good luck with the new baby, she really is beautiful! I hope you are able to get everyone settled, I know how it is trying to integrate a new dog and train them. :dogdance:

As you know I'm on the other end of the potty training with my Eddie. Four accidents in the house this weekend. :( I woke up on Sunday morning to "@#$% it Eddie!" being yelled by Jim. Apparently he had taken him out then got in the shower. He got out of the shower a few minutes later to find a puddle. So it was off to the vets. Fortunately the vet thinks it's just a kidney infection so they put him on antibiotics. We decided not to do any further testing other than some blood panels because if it's any worse than an infection such as kidney failure, there is really nothing they can do. So fingers crossed that the antibiotics work!

If I don't talk to you before Wednesday, have a wonderful, wonderful time in Maine! I can't wait to read all about it. Just remember to stay away from the sharks. :rotfl:

Oh gosh.....good luck to Tom! I am so sorry Tom.....bad timing for Maine. Maybe she will be all trained and a totally different pup by the time you get home?? She is beautiful though. And big!

Raven is a beautiful dog and she was really lucky to have found you and your family. I like the name, too. :)

How exciting to be going off to see your friends in Maine. I know you'll have a lot of fun together. :)

And I wore my winter coat and gloves to work today. Cooler by the lake means freezing by the lake. :(

I'm so jealous of ya'll who are complaining about being cold... It's in the low 90s here and HUMID. I'm sweating my @$# off! :crazy2: And it's only going to get worse!

Also: Mo, update your title, lady! :laughing:

What an awesome birthday surprise with the pin! SO CUTE.

I'm happy you will be going to Maine and have more epic adventures!!

I am so happy Raven found a good family like yours to take her in! She is such a cutie & needs some good loving which you'll do! Tom is going to have his handful while your gone :)

Also, go Hawks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter