• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's no time to slumber we're going back in November! we came we saw and started a TR for it all!

Day 2 of the farewell to Duffy tour.

In usual fashion i was up early. walked outside to enjoy early morning florida. Noticed this:

Yep happened AGAIN! look how HUGE my leg is!!!! Disney rash struck AGAIN

my other leg:

Yes both legs... The right one isn't as swollen YET it does have the rash.

I DON'T GET IT!

i did have my thyroid checked and it's low again. i will see the doc sooner then later. i think in November i am going to drink SO MUCH water that i might turn into a water buffalo. like every QS i see i will stop -- that's a lot of water.

anyway after chit chatting a little on facebook i went back in to find Meg x's 2 like this:

I packed stuff up cleaned up a bit WAITED forever for our hosts to wake up.
so the girls played a little

once they did we had coffee the girls had something and said we would meet that over at HS. Daylight is burning! We have lots of stuff to get done and very short hours!

and off we went.

we didn't drive UNDER the arch this time but NEXT to it.

wasn't as magical. yet it was there and we were EXCITED!
anything Disney property and we get excited

we were here!

Ya know every picture of this car all i see now is that COMPASS label.

PARKING the car

Several pictures of WHERE we were parked.. Yeah we all learned our lesson.

Including my cell phone.. There was NO WAY to lose this stupid jeep again. AND we were the first spot. Peanut is wearing MY flip flips today as hers were SOAKED from yesterday.

The tram was waiting for us so we jumped on

the NICEST CM ever too! The rest of the people didn't appreciate him like we did! He had us laughing the whole way (about 5-10 minutes)

I just took 20 minutes to change the orientation on the next two pictures.. And STILL they are SIDEWAYS!!! WTH.

'
Whatever..

ANYWAY we were SO EXCITED to be in a favorite! and time to jump on our FAVORITE RIDE!!!

It said 30 minutes.

and i am going to stop here.. there are several pictures sideways. and this WILL DRIVE ME to the brink if i leave them like this...

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Remember hug your family/friends and try to do a random act of kindness!

We all split a couple of brats with Mac and cheese the big kids had BEER and the delish free water. OMG it was the best food on earth. I think they really do a better job cooking around the F&W.. Just yum.
Wow, this actually sounds delicious right now!!! Yum!!! :bitelip:

We had a BLAST. the girls were trying very hard to take this mission seriously. Which is impossible with the 4 year old in a 41 year old body touching EVERYTHING. I mean if there was a button I touched it, flipped it or yelled at it for not moving. the Megs were in hysterics. When they said DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE i was trying to shack the thing. and of course i blamed them for the botched mission to all people around me.. Like OMG I cannot believe you failed your mission. Ya just had to touch a button! I would get a sideways glance from the both of them. It was a riot.
Bahahahaaa!!! You're hilarious!!! :rotfl:

the standby was about 45 minutes but single rider was 10 minutes.
Maaaaan, I love those Single Rider lines. So glad you decided to take it for Test Track! So worth it! :thumbsup2

Umm I have no idea where i parked the jeep.
1. I really don't remember what it looks like
2 it's not my real car and only have been driving it for a few hours.
3 i hated the thing
Thankfully we remembered the color. I am guessing which jeep it is I think it's a compass?
Kathy calls Larry. The girls and i are on a hunt. I am using the key fob in hopes of the panic button to go off. It isn't
I am clicking ALL buttons on the fob.
I did find another Aspen. that was easy. Unfortunately my Aspen is still in Chicago! that isn't helping.
We see a white jeep. not the right license plate. Have you ever realized how many WHITE car there are??? a lot. The girls tell me the door things aren't right either.

OK. You would know...

Walking around some more the girls found the stupid jeep.

About time they did something right after the disaster of the space mission they botched. :sad2:
Best. Story. Ever. :lmao:

et's get a little closer.....AND I even circled it in red.... YOU had the answer to your car hunt in your pictures. =) Pleasure of hind sight I say!
moupclose.png
I'm DYING over here. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have to say i have been following your trip reports for a while now and , boy, are those some lucky kids! A short trip trip to say bye to duffy! i love it!!! Just looking at the pictures you can tell how sweet they are, too! That's all! haha

We see a white jeep. not the right license plate. Have you ever realized how many WHITE car there are??? a lot. The girls tell me the door things aren't right either.

OK. You would know...

Walking around some more the girls found the stupid jeep.

About time they did something right after the disaster of the space mission they botched. :sad2:
It must be really common to forget what your rental car looks like. It seems to me that we had trouble a few times when we rented cars. Thank goodness the Magical Express now spares us from that travel nightmare. I'm glad the girls saved the day. ;)

It was dark. only one of the lights back there was working and they were scared if a snake/lizard etc would be in there..

i laughed. once they were assured NOTHING would be in the pool they FINALLY got in. i just dangled my legs they were hurting a little.
It's a good thing they now put giant cages around the pools to keep out alligators. :scared1:

Yep happened AGAIN! look how HUGE my leg is!!!! Disney rash struck AGAIN....
i think in November i am going to drink SO MUCH water that i might turn into a water buffalo. like every QS i see i will stop -- that's a lot of water.
I hope the cooler November temperatures help, too. Does the rash usually go away after you get home?

Awww... That darn rash!!! I am going to follow Lori's link and read about it... I've never had it - and I never want it.

Yes - get to the Dr asap for your thyroid. :) Don't want to have to worry about that in Disney. ::yes::

Love the pics of Megx2 in DHS... How FUN!!!! I still love this trip and the meaning behind it!!! So wonderful!

Can't wait to see the rest!!!

We are getting so close!!! Eeep!!! :woohoo:

D~

It's so good to see Peanut at Disney again. Did I ever tell you my dad calls me peanut?

Those Mickey bars look soooo good and messy. I too love playing with the buttons on Mission:Space. Dave and I just looked at me funny. I was pretending I was on a Star Trek shuttle.

The time we lost our car in the parking lot (also a rental) was at Universal. We were on the wrong floor.

Yay for Hollywood Studios and TOT!!

Only one picture is showing sideways for me.

Really? That's good news, I have flipped them about 7 times in photobucket. I don't know what the deal is!
Driving me NUTS!

Thank you. :hug:

Wow, this actually sounds delicious right now!!! Yum!!!

I can go for it right about now.

Bahahahaaa!!! You're hilarious!!!

Im just a big kid.

Maaaaan, I love those Single Rider lines. So glad you decided to take it for Test Track! So worth it!

This was the best idea! I was nervous about letting the girls go without me.. But it all worked out and i have to remember these kids are getting more mature..

Best. Story. Ever.

HA! it's my LIFE STORY! i should write a damn book

I'm DYING over here.

Im here all week...

I have to say i have been following your trip reports for a while now and , boy, are those some lucky kids! A short trip trip to say bye to duffy! i love it!!! Just looking at the pictures you can tell how sweet they are, too! That's all! haha

Well HELLO THERE!!! :wave:
Glad you decided to say HI! They are lucky spoiled brats aren't they???
Yes if i had rotten kids who don't appreciate anything i would NOT be doing the things i do. Including the other Meg. She is a sweet girl too.

It must be really common to forget what your rental car looks like. It seems to me that we had trouble a few times when we rented cars. Thank goodness the Magical Express now spares us from that travel nightmare. I'm glad the girls saved the day.

I swear to you i am not this much of an airhead. I was just like a 4 year old. I wanted out of the car and IN THE PARK! still cannot believe we lost it. OH i have another moron story for you about this stupid car.

It's a good thing they now put giant cages around the pools to keep out alligators.

YiKES! could you imagine?!?!? Hell NO!

I hope the cooler November temperatures help, too. Does the rash usually go away after you get home?

Yes, Actually this time it started to go away in HS, maybe because i was drinking way MORE water here? it was HOTTER then the day before. Kinda hoping the same the November trip is a little cooler so i DON'T GET IT! it totally sucks.
Sept trip it took about 3-4 weeks for it to totally go away! Then again I was a lot heavier and my thyroid was out of wack. this trip i am 50+ pounds lighter and exercising still my thyroid is out of wack.. still happened. Who knows!

Mo--I just saw this post about the Disney rash! Just thought you might be interested

I just read it all.. and seems like there are two types one that itches and one that doesn't. the Sept rash Itched like crazy this past one did not.
think i need a whole post just on this!!! LOL...

Awww... That darn rash!!! I am going to follow Lori's link and read about it... I've never had it - and I never want it.

it's awful.

Yes - get to the Dr asap for your thyroid. :) Don't want to have to worry about that in Disney. ::yes::

they already upped my dose again. gotta go back at the end of the month for another blood test. I am sure they will up it again before i leave.

Love the pics of Megx2 in DHS... How FUN!!!! I still love this trip and the meaning behind it!!! So wonderful!

thanks!

Can't wait to see the rest!!!

Gettin there!

We are getting so close!!! Eeep!!!

Not that i am counting or anything..

The Disney Rash

AKA: Golfers Rash or Vasculitis

I have been reading a LOT about this. Yet it seems to have two different types. One that itches and burns and the other does not.

I believe i have had both. Please also remember I am still trying to get my Thyroid under control. getting close!!

In 2010:

Nothing.. Nada...
Not an issue AT ALL.

In 2011 i had it without the burning and itching. it went away when we got back home without issues.

You can kind of see the red around the sock line.

Maybe you can see it here...

Let's not forget the day we went to the outlet mall:

the above was the only time i have ever gotten it outside Disney

Fast Forward to 2014:
As you all are aware this was one HECK of a trip. We ran around like chickens without our heads.

as it started

which ended up every night like this

In Sept 2015 it was like this:

No itching. it burned. the heat radiated off of it. this was the morning after Epcot.

Now that i have grossed you all out.. The more i am reading the more i am noticing no one knows a damn thing about it. Or how to stop/prevent it. Including Doctors. Doesn't matter what kind of socks or shoes i wear either.

So the more and more i read and look at my own pictures i am noticing ONE thing.
Epcot.
Rain.
So in ALL the trips the rash either started or became worse in Epcot! Also as you know me and all my weather issues. It rains in Epcot.
So is it Epcot and the type of concrete they use? Is it the combination of Rain and ground?!?!

Thankfully i now have a doc i can really talk to. We both feel the same---- a combination of both.

This November is going to be a experiment.. I plan on drinking more water while walking in Epcot. As in I will be stopping at EVERY place I can to grab a water whether i need one or not.

I have a great pair of Gym shoes i plan on wearing on Epcot day AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT RAIN. otherwise i will be sporting my flipflops from L.L. Bean

I have lost 50+ pounds and still losing so in November I will be less then i was in Sept. YAY! I know this isn't helping yet i don't know if it is major factor.

i will do a FULL REPORT on it in the trip report!

Ugh, that rash is just no fun! So far I've been lucky and never had it. Crossing my fingers that I never do!

I actually had my first case of Disney Rash in 2013, but it didn't start until our Universal Studios day. Then it got worse the rest of the week, while in Disney. Didn't really itch, more the burn and really hot to the touch. I got it again in 2014, but not sure in which park when I first noticed it. We had gone to Disneyland a month before and we do a lot more walking there and don't take breaks, but no Disney rash. So, that leads me to think the humidity and rain might have something to do with mine. Plus we don't have an Epcot on our coast, so I am all for blaming Epcot.

And I have to say, "GREAT JOB on the 50 pound weight loss!"

Got my little one's first middle school progress report. First time she has had grades. 4 A's, 1 D, and 1 F. Missing some assignments. Going to have to channel some mean mom energy for tonight after work. Wish me luck.

Your next trip is so close! Yay! I am really enjoying reading about this short girls trip. So fun.

I've read so many reports of this mysterious Disney Rash here on these boards! It doesn't look pleasant at all! :sad2: But I can relate...

Unfortunately, I get what I call a Funburn (instead of a sunburn) on the tops of my hands, forearms, and my elbows. The skin gets super inflamed and hot (radiates heat like you were saying), and mildly itchy. When it first started happening back in 2008, it baffled me. Then I realized it was happening anytime I went out to do something outdoors and more physical than I'm used to. AKA... Anytime I get off my butt and go have fun somewhere.

As it turns out, in my case the rash is related to my Lupus. It's basically a warning from my body going "WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU DOING TO ME WOMAN, YOU'RE SICK, CHILL THE EFF OUT LADY."

Here's a pic from Sept. 2014 where you can see it on the top of my hand and climbing up my arms (more so the left than the right)...

MK_GROTTOACHAR_7059212425.jpeg

Anyhow, I know none of this actually HELPS you in your situation. I share just so you know that I really do completely sympathize with you, and thoroughly understand how much it sucks and what a damper something like that can really put on things! In my case, I just have to live with it when it happens, but for you, at least there's a chance you can find some relief from it! I'm glad your doctor is taking it seriously and helping you come up with strategies to prevent it on your next trip. Good luck! :goodvibes

Last edited:
That rash again!? UGH. What a pain. I sure am glad you have a dr who will work with you on figuring things out. Drinking lots of water sounds like a good place to start, and YAY FOR YOU on the 50 pounds. :mickeyjum That is awesome!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, that is really hard. I will be hugging my kids closely.

Just 26 days! So exciting, the days will fly by, especially with Halloween coming up!

First of a great big CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. You go girl!

I got "the rash" for the first time in 20+ trips this past trip. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as the cases that you have had.

I have never heard of the Disney Rash until I started reading the TRs on the Dis. YIKES, seems so painful. Hopefully drinking the extra water will help! Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter