• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There's No Place Like Home......

No worries! just happy to have you here :goodvibes My kiddos are in rare form in Disney lol! It's about the only time of the year when they continuously get along with no arguing. Oh we just loved POR so much!! It will definitely be our go to mod resort for future stays for sure!!

Loving your TR so far! You have a beautiful family! And your daughter has such a great smile! :) SO happy you got some pixie dust at CSR, Disney is just amazing that way!!!!!! Can't wait to see what other adventures you and your family experienced!

Loving your TR so far! You have a beautiful family! And your daughter has such a great smile! :) SO happy you got some pixie dust at CSR, Disney is just amazing that way!!!!!! Can't wait to see what other adventures you and your family experienced!
Awww thank you so much! Oh and:welcome:! So happy to have you here!

Rope Drop at MK……of Sorts

We woke up early this morning because today would be our second and final day for MK. We had planned on the same strategy we has used the other day and hit 7DMT at rope drop. I had also set our alarms a bit earlier in hopes that we could swing by El Centro and see if our manager friend was working so that we could tell her how much we appreciated the kids gifts. Sadly she was not working but was scheduled to be there later in the day so we were hopeful that we could catch her during our afternoon break.

In no time at all we were on a bus and headed to MK. It was just before 8am and we were making good time for the 9am rope drop. While we were sitting there I mentioned to DH how it seemed odd that there were this many people on the bus this early in the morning especially given the low crowds this time of the year. Then reality hit me…..this was no typical morning for MK…..it was EMH!!!!!!!!

Crap. I had apparently gotten so wrapped up in this new “relaxed approach” to our Disney Vacation that I had completely forgotten that I planned this day so that we could take advantage of the extra hour in the morning! This is what happens when an over planner lets it all go for too long…..she forgets things lol.

There was really no point in getting upset now because it is what it is. We arrived at the park at 8:15am. The good thing is that even though we had missed rope drop my desire to get to the park 1 hr before regular park opening meant that EMH had only started 15 minutes prior!

We had zero expectations as we walked in the direction of the mine train.

By the grace of the Disney gods the standby was only 20minutes long when we arrived at 8:30am. Whew!

This actually was a good thing because now we would have time to actually enjoy the interactive queue!

The touch screen technology on this is so cool….once you get past the germ thing anyways. Just assume that no kids picked their nose before moving those jewels around lol!

This was pretty cool too. The attention to detail and the carvings in the wood are fantastic!!

This one takes some teamwork and coordination which I am sad to say we did not accomplish here today but I really appreciate the concept and the images of the dwarves and Snow White on the ceiling. Plus those barrels are so cool!!

It felt like hardly any time had passed and we were getting ready to go on a train ride! Again we absolutely loved it and the swinging of the cars really does make it that much more fun!! I do feel sorry non petite adults however. Its borderline like seeing adults getting on the Barnstormer.

After 7DMT we made our way over to Speedway by request of the kids….that is the only reason DH and I will go on this ride lol.

Plus how could you say no to those happy smiling faces?

I also decided to take one for the team and let my poor DH off the hook. I always make him the adult riding with Sydney because I cannot take her lunatic driving…..it literally scares me to death. He did not hesitate to take me up on this offer lol.

And I have to say that after riding with her this time that she has officially gotten the hang of this ride…and the car. She is just growing up too fast! No longer do I have to fear her driving us literally off the track and into the Tomorrowland crowds!!

And now we could mark this ride of this list lol. It is fun but it can be miserably hot in the afternoon.

After this we made our way over to Mad Tea Party. The kids wanted to go solo so we made our way over to the entrance with them. And guess what? You would not believe who we ran into again!!!

I mean can you believe all the luck? I was starting to think these guys were following us lol!!

This time around however it seemed that these characters were just out and not necessarily just for a special thing for one family as everyone in line was allowed to get on the ride with them. And my kiddos being the ever so smart Disney Padawans that they are went straight for the teacup right in between the ones the characters were riding…..without me telling them too lol!

After the spinning was complete we waited by the exit for the kids, and celebrity characters, to exit. I love these two Tweedles!!

And that is when something magical happened, and thankfully I had my camera ready….

For this

And a little bit of this too!

She doesn’t realize quite yet how cool this was but she will one day….and she will have the pictures to remember this rare encounter.

Continued next post……

Last edited:

Awww!! So cute…the pic of Sydney with the Tweedle!! :dance3: And yeah for the pixie dust at CSR!! pixiedust:

So awesome you got on 7DMT in 20 min.!! :)

Never heard of 4 man air hockey…how fun!! :D

Yikes at realizing it was EMH! :scared: I'm glad it all turned out and you were able to experience the 7DMT queue!

What a fabulous morning ride on the teacups! I LOVE those darn teacups! What smart kids you have to slip themselves right next to the Tweedles. :ssst: I also love your pictures of Sydney with the character! What an unexpected and fun moment!

I'm late to your report, but it is awesome. I love that there are so many posts already that I can binge read a bit. The dishes can wait a few more minutes, right? :-)

I had to comment on the gifts the CM sent your kids, though. That is amazing! It's so nice to know that when things happen there are CMs who genuinely want guests to have a magical experience.

Now back to read more! The dishes will keep ;)

What a bummer to show up and figure out it was an EMH day. Oh well, it looks like you all made the most of it and had a good time at 7DMT. Looking forward to reading more!

Haha, I love the fact that all you have to say is the "ice cream truck at DAK by Everest" and I know exactly what you mean. :)

Oh MAAAAAAAAN! I missed playing with the bath salts. Offically added to the bucket list.

"Sydney ended up picking out something she just could not live without.' Don't worry Sydney, we all have those things.

"To the left of this is the line for more of the authentic Mexican types entrees like nachos, quesadillas..." And death stares apparently. :lmao:

OMG I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that extra little pixie dust left in your room. How completely wonderful. :love:

Mine train standby only 20 minutes? Ah, the one good thing about September.

Ha, I pretty much just foget about germs in Disney. What's the point really? It's everywhere.

It's funny but I still don't have an issue with the Mine train cars. I guess I'm just dainty.

Those pictures with the Tweedles... That's what it's all about right there.

Awww!! So cute…the pic of Sydney with the Tweedle!! :dance3: And yeah for the pixie dust at CSR!! pixiedust:

So awesome you got on 7DMT in 20 min.!! :)

Never heard of 4 man air hockey…how fun!! :D
thank you! I was so happy to have been able to catch that moment! Yes Disney and their pixie dust....this is one of the many reasons this company is above so many others IMO. They rock!!! I was so surprised to see the line for 7DMT so small considering.....

yeah the 4 man air hockey thing was new to me too!!!

Yikes at realizing it was EMH! :scared: I'm glad it all turned out and you were able to experience the 7DMT queue!

What a fabulous morning ride on the teacups! I LOVE those darn teacups! What smart kids you have to slip themselves right next to the Tweedles. :ssst: I also love your pictures of Sydney with the character! What an unexpected and fun moment!
I know I could not believe that I had forgotten about it being EMH lol!!! We felt incredibly lucky with the 7DMT that morning! I know there is so much nostalgia associated with the teacups! The Tweedles just made it so much more awesome!!
I'm late to your report, but it is awesome. I love that there are so many posts already that I can binge read a bit. The dishes can wait a few more minutes, right? :-)

I had to comment on the gifts the CM sent your kids, though. That is amazing! It's so nice to know that when things happen there are CMs who genuinely want guests to have a magical experience.

Now back to read more! The dishes will keep ;)
:welcome: I am so glad that you joined! You can never be late lol! Ha! I am so glad that you are enjoying my crazy TR! I am the same way when I am looking for a new TR to read and I find one that is further along because then I don't have to wait for updates lol!! Yes the pixie dust we received from CSR and the CM was such a wonderful surprise!!
What a bummer to show up and figure out it was an EMH day. Oh well, it looks like you all made the most of it and had a good time at 7DMT. Looking forward to reading more!

thank you! Yeah when I realized that it was EMH first I was like :scared: and then I was alll like :headache: but it all worked out in the end!!

Haha, I love the fact that all you have to say is the "ice cream truck at DAK by Everest" and I know exactly what you mean. :)
Ha! I know right? That was the only way I knew to describe it!!
Oh MAAAAAAAAN! I missed playing with the bath salts. Offically added to the bucket list.
lol there is always next time Rob :P
"Sydney ended up picking out something she just could not live without.' Don't worry Sydney, we all have those things.
yeah but she has them more than some and I could probably open up our own Disney store here with all of the Disney stuffed animals this child has accumulated over the years :rolleyes2
"To the left of this is the line for more of the authentic Mexican types entrees like nachos, quesadillas..." And death stares apparently. :lmao:
oh my goodness you noticed the look that guy gave me in the picture lol! Obviously he did not want anyone to know that he was in the nacho line:rotfl2:
OMG I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that extra little pixie dust left in your room. How completely wonderful. :love:
I know....Disney :cloud9:
Mine train standby only 20 minutes? Ah, the one good thing about September.
and the heat......right? :sad2:
Ha, I pretty much just foget about germs in Disney. What's the point really? It's everywhere.
true....let's just try not to think about it:rolleyes1
It's funny but I still don't have an issue with the Mine train cars. I guess I'm just dainty.
"I guess I'm just dainty" :lmao:lol Rob you crack me up! I just kept seeing a lot of uncomfortable average sized adults on in those carts, and at 5'4" I was feeling pretty snug myself o_O
Those pictures with the Tweedles... That's what it's all about right there.
GAH I know! I said earlier that I was just so happy that I had my camera out and was able to catch that moment!! FYI I know that you are super sad to be back from WDW but it seems like you had an incredible time, and you know that there will be a next time so try not to be too Disney depressed! And now you can kill the in between time with your trip reports!!!

Baby Elephants and Mermaids

Our journey through Fantasyland brought us next to the home area of my favorite of all the Disney movies in the world…..

DUMBO!!

My Dumbo.

We did step out of line for just a few minutes to let the kids run around the play area. They really are too big for this but there was literally no one else here and they are always careful of littles running about.

Then my moment had come! It was time to fly with Dumbo and pretend I am 5 again!

Even my “too cool” teenager can appreciate the nostalgia with this ride.

And then there’s that one where mommy has really strange wind hair and the kids photobomb their parents picture again…..

Yeah that happened.

[/URL]

After parting with my beloved baby elephant we headed over to Barnstormer. Only because it’s almost laughable now short this ride is.

Wheeeee!!!

You make the climb to the top, and then it’s over. But it’s still fun!!!

After our thrilling ride on Barnstormer we headed into big top souvenirs. Not for any reason in particular. Just because it’s cool to walk into a circus tent.

And eyeball Disney nom noms lol!!

After we had pretty much done everything we could in Storybook….minus the circus water spray area and dodging those dreadfully scary clowns, so we thought that a ride under the sea was in order.

Plus I will never pass up an opportunity to sing with Sebastian while Ariel and her friends dance and celebrate!

GAH!!! Favorites!

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/dumbo527j/media/thurs sept 4th/IMG_1723_zps4aca8f0d.png.html
After that we stopped to admire Cinderella Castle (plus one can never have too many castle pictures) and then made our way toward Main Street USA. Time for lunch!!

Continued next post…..

What a great morning in MK! I know that feeling about letting the over-planning slide and then I overlook something important, like EMH. But you surely didn't suffer too much for getting there a little late. Yay for a 20 minute wait for Mine Train. I can't wait to ride it in a couple weeks! pixiedust:

Awww shoot. And here I took a pic of the Magic carpets. Silly Rob. I may have ridden Dumbo recently however...

Oh my yes, seriously, how short is the barnstormer? It makes RnRC look like Gone With The Wind.

I also of course, LOVE your shirt. And incidentally, I was able to procure that very special mug.

What a great morning in MK! I know that feeling about letting the over-planning slide and then I overlook something important, like EMH. But you surely didn't suffer too much for getting there a little late. Yay for a 20 minute wait for Mine Train. I can't wait to ride it in a couple weeks! pixiedust:

Yes an over planner's worst nightmare.....the moment you realize that you forgot a key element in your plan lol!! We really did luck out though and you really could not have beat the standby wait time either! Oh I hope that you enjoy the mine train. I really do think it's fantastic!!!

Awww shoot. And here I took a pic of the Magic carpets. Silly Rob. I may have ridden Dumbo recently however...

Oh my yes, seriously, how short is the barnstormer? It makes RnRC look like Gone With The Wind.

I also of course, LOVE your shirt. And incidentally, I was able to procure that very special mug.

Ha! I know it might seem silly for someone who is so deathly scared of Magic Carpet to love Dumbo so much but I do!! He is favorites, end of story lol! Bahahahahahaha! I love you analogy of Barnstormer vs RnRC! I know we have matchy shirts don't we! Gasp!! Did you buy the coffee mug that I got on this last trip?! YES!! It is so awesome isn't it? It is officially my Saturday morning coffee cup, and my Eeyore is my Sunday afternoon one.....and I use our collection of refillable mugs for my travel coffee to work M-F since I have a one hour commute everyday......I know too much info but I love being able to mix 2 of my favorite things, Disney and coffee!

More Fun and Lunch at Casey’s

Apparently I had forgotten that we did a few more things before taking the castle pic in the last post and going immediately to lunch. I want to keep from confusing as much as possible lol! And now back to your regular scheduled Trip Report......

After Ariel we made our way to a little town in a quiet village. It has become apparent to me that I have not once ventured into Gaston’s Tavern for Lefou’s Brew. This wrong must be made right on our next trip!

I’m not quite sure how she managed it but somehow Sydney talked us into a second ride on IASW.

Only for her.

I did try to manage a few good pictures while on this particular cruise…..after all it is the happiest cruise that ever set sail lol!

Okay that’s enough of that lol!

Next up was a family favorite!

We do love this!!!

After philharmagic we decided to head down Main Street USA for an early lunch.

We had not eaten at Casey’s in several trips and felt that a reunion was in order.

Since we had been here last they had taken out the stadium seating inside and replaced them with additional tables and chairs. This is where we decided to sit and eat.

This is one place that if you choose to eat here on the DDP with children they are allowed to order an adult meal since kid’s meals are not offered. Sydney likes this since she always feels kind of left out with the dessert thing. So we all basically got a hot dog meal with fries, plastic cheese, and either a brownie or cotton candy.

Well DH apparently went with a chili dog. But they are all really good here. Sometimes I will go with yummy corn dog nuggets instead of a hot dog, they are very good as well.

The cotton candy that they offer for a dessert option on the DDP is a really good value….as long as you are okay with your kids eating fluffed up colored sugar anyways lol.

After we had finished lunch we headed back to New Fantasyland. We had a mission.

Um, Jenn... yes you do need to right the wrong and get a Brew next trip. It is absolutely delightful. :drinking1

Ugh... Small World. That is all. :sick:

It seems I've started eating at Casey's more and more. It's a realy great spot to grab some food and then find a spot for the parade.

Anika and I rode the new Dumbo during evening EMH and LOVED it. It was pretty awesome all lit up! :worship:

We also ran next door and tried the Barnstormer as there was NO LINE AT ALL. Hey, it wasn't going to happen later! We agreed it was super short but really enjoyed it anyway!

I don't mind It's a Small World - I need to do it once every vacation. Anika is nice and allows me to do it once. ;)

I didn't know Casey's had cotton candy! I always mean to go in there and get some corn dog nuggets - it's on the short list for my upcoming trip. I guess this means I'll have to get cotton candy, too!

Um, Jenn... yes you do need to right the wrong and get a Brew next trip. It is absolutely delightful. :drinking1

Ugh... Small World. That is all. :sick:

It seems I've started eating at Casey's more and more. It's a realy great spot to grab some food and then find a spot for the parade.

Oh trust me the Brew is on the list friend!!:thumbsup2 Small World....lol....poor Rob. :laughing:Yeah we like Casey's even if we don't eat there all the time, especially if the weather is nice enough and you can find a table outside on the patio. There is just something about eating a hot dog on Main Street and looking at the castle :cloud9:
Anika and I rode the new Dumbo during evening EMH and LOVED it. It was pretty awesome all lit up! :worship:

We also ran next door and tried the Barnstormer as there was NO LINE AT ALL. Hey, it wasn't going to happen later! We agreed it was super short but really enjoyed it anyway!

I don't mind It's a Small World - I need to do it once every vacation. Anika is nice and allows me to do it once. ;)

I didn't know Casey's had cotton candy! I always mean to go in there and get some corn dog nuggets - it's on the short list for my upcoming trip. I guess this means I'll have to get cotton candy, too!

oh I had totally forgotten about Dumbo at night! Yes it is quite magical all lit up:cloud9:
we like Barnstormer but the length of the ride is just laughable :rotfl2:
I am usually good for one small world ride per trip but anything past that is just overkill. So glad that Anika lets you get at least one ride in:thumbsup2
yes Casey's has cotton candy, and the kiddos love it lol. Girl get your booty to Casey's and get some corn dog nuggets and cotton candy now lol!! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter