There's no place like home, a December 2011 DVC pre-trip. 12/2 p56 DL and WDW updates

When and why: Please help choose 2 months in a one year time frame in case we get APs

• October 2010/ Late August 2011 or September 2011

• December 2010/ October 2011

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in!!!!

I love all the old pictures, how fun!!! My parents said they wish they had bought DVC back years ago and now feel that either Dbro or I can buy it and they can mooch off of us for all the trips we took with them!

I'll try and help with the pics bc another Dis'er helped me..if you use photobucket and click on the pic a little top screen will pop up and if you hit resize and medium (or small if you want even smaller) it will automatically resize for you!! For some of mine it didnt do it right away in my TR but by the next day it had resized..has a mind of it's own?!

Can't wait for more!

I'm on board. I'm loving the pictures of the kids through the years. It's amazing how fast they grow up. Thank goodness pictures freeze them in time.

:welcome: Thank goodness for photos. They do grow so quickly. I would always say that to DH would he would say: what, Disney again?

Definitely jealous of your witty ways :laughing:

Thanks. so excited to try MVMCP :santa:

My ADR day is this Thursday :woohoo:

:hyper: I love ADR day. It makes the trip that much closer!!! I read some of your choices last night but they may have changed if you are anything like me. :blush:

Yes, we stayed at GCH for the 1st time last fall. We got a free upgrade to a theme park view room and it was DIVINE but the std room size was a little cozy for my family of 5. The 1 bdr Villas are perfect for us. Sadly, for this quickie Oct trip, we will be squeezing 5 into a studio (calm down occupancy police, my youngest just turned 2 ;)) to conserve points.

:rotfl2: Occupancy police; I know, right? Worry about your own family and less about mine and if we have an aero bed and extra pillows. :laughing: Those folks make me laugh!!! I am all about saving points!! Smart!!! If it makes for more or longer trips, so be it!

See, I am skilled in crazy disney logic that allowed me to convince my dh that VGC was basically on the way home from our planned San Diego vacation this fall so why not just stop by and just check out the villas, get our APs which we were gonna have to buy anyway for our Dec trip, etc, etc. Did I mention we live in Tucson, AZ? So yeah, on the way home, not so much :rolleyes1 but my dh did not protest that much and that 1 night has now become 2:woohoo:!

Fuzzy Disney Logic/Math is the root of all evil and wonderful plots! And Tucson is kinda on the way home. :littleangel: The VGC will be amazing during the holidays. The lobby tree at the GCH is the most beautiful.

I see your siggie has THVs. Is that where you plan on staying for your Oct 2011 trip? Those look so great. We stayed in FW cabins this spring and absolutely LOVED them. The THV look like a more upscale and spacious version of the cabins. We went to WDW for the first time end of Sept/ beg of Oct in 2006 and it is awesome! We did the Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party and caught the beginning of F&W. You guys will have a blast!

::yes:: We plan on the THV for our first stay home. :cloud9: Without giving too much away, DH might have thrown a hooey into our plans but it's a good hooey. :woohoo: Details to come. The MNSSHP looks like a blast and I have been thinking of a group costume. :idea:

We almost stayed at the Cabins for our first trip but the POR was lots cheaper and DH wanted to stay there. Had I known that trip would have morphed into owning DVC, I would have allowed him more input. :lmao:

Nothing wrong with an early PTR. I started one for our Dec. 2010 trip. And I am clearly not insane! :)

:goodvibes Awesome- I need to check it out. :welcome: Good to have you!

I'm in!!!!

I love all the old pictures, how fun!!! My parents said they wish they had bought DVC back years ago and now feel that either Dbro or I can buy it and they can mooch off of us for all the trips we took with them!

I'll try and help with the pics bc another Dis'er helped me..if you use photobucket and click on the pic a little top screen will pop up and if you hit resize and medium (or small if you want even smaller) it will automatically resize for you!! For some of mine it didnt do it right away in my TR but by the next day it had resized..has a mind of it's own?!

Can't wait for more!

:welcome: As a parent I am saying that too but I am glad we own now and look forward to many happy magical memories with our kids and their kids etc.....pixiedust: I like your parents thinking! ;)

:thanks: for the photo help. I will go back and resize.

My beloved DH threw a little hook into my solid October 2010 plans. Last night we were chatting and I said he needs to be thinking about where we want to go in 2011 using DVC. I suggested Zihua, Mexico- taking the kids for Hanukkah when he chimes in: I thought you wanted to get APs. :faint: Anyone who knows my DH or has read any of my trippies knows this is nothing shy of a Disney miracle. So, please any input on the poll choices would be great. :flower3:

I promise to get to story of buying DVC soon. popcorn::

My poll is causing mayhem. Slow down peeps. :rotfl2:

How DVC came to be. If you want the full story go to http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33005345&posted=1#post33005345 but for the abbreviated, albeit ever so interesting version, stay put.

About 2 years ago I was trying to obtain a PIN code and was told if you sign up for various newsletters and DVDs, they might “randomly” pick you ;) I signed up to get the DVC DVD, it came, but I knew it wasn’t something we’d ever really buy into. I did watch it and even made DH watch it to which responded something along of the lines of: dream on white girl. :rolleyes:

Fast forward just under two years to this past May when our good friends treated us to stay with them using their DVC points. After much deliberation, we decided on OKW GV and a 2 bedroom at Jambo, which we got upgraded to a Savannah View BTW. :cloud9:

The use of the DVC amenities, our friends’ sales pitch :-)thanks: Nate and Jenna and Keith), and our guide Bob saying the magical words “invisible loan” sealed the DVC deal for DH. I was already sold. We bought 170 points at SSR. SSR appeals to us for a variety of reasons including the theme, the condo style villas, the spa, golfing, the spacious grounds for running and walking (we are fairly healthy), the pool, the proximity to DTD, and finally it was the least expensive to buy into which only sweetened the deal. :thumbsup2

Here are only a few of the amazing photos of DVC from our last trip:

First OKW GV

Kitchen:
IMG_1036.jpg

Living room:
IMG_1035.jpg

Master:
IMG_1038.jpg

DH in queen/queen room:
IMG_1039.jpg

View from loft:
IMG_1040.jpg

Me and Gab in the loft:
IMG_1041.jpg

:cutie: My very tired little chef cooking breakfast. Plenty of room to flip her omelet:
IMG_1223.jpg

Continued in next post.............

Now for the AKV 2 bedroom :lovestruc

Kitchen table:
IMG_1361.jpg

Living room:
IMG_1362.jpg

Bedroom one:
IMG_1363.jpg

TV in bedroom:
IMG_1364.jpg

Bed again:
IMG_1365.jpg

Bathroom:
IMG_1369.jpg

Vanity:
IMG_1370.jpg

The view:
IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Today we made our first DVC payment and it felt good! Can you imagine giving Disney money and it feeling good? :lmao: DH laughs but it’s an investment in our family’s vacation future which is so very important to me. So, SSR here we come!

The current plan, before DH mentioned getting APs, is October 7-18, 2010 THV!!!! That translates to:

:goofy: 401 days until THV!!! :goofy:

:stitch: 221 days until ADRs!!! :stitch:

:ccat:62 days until DVC ressie!!! :ccat:

However if we decide to get APs and change to December 2010 then the numbers will change.

Beautiful pictures!! Maybe one day I'll convince my DH to buy into DVC! :confused3 A girl can dream, right?!?

Once I'm done popping out babies maybe he'll agree to it. :rolleyes1

GREAT photos! We have not stayed at OKW yet but that is next on my list of DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

As for your poll...I voted Dec/Oct. Dec. because you can see all the holiday stuff which is always amazing. And Oct. is a great time to visit too. We just got back and August is HOT! I'm not saying I'd never do it again but yeah, definitely hot and it's also hurricane season. Just my opinion though!

Beautiful pictures!! Maybe one day I'll convince my DH to buy into DVC! :confused3 A girl can dream, right?!?

Once I'm done popping out babies maybe he'll agree to it. :rolleyes1

:rotfl: DVC and popping out babies didn't coincide for me either. ;) But never say never. I cannot explain what a Disney muggle DH was. I mean like I would almost have to beg him to go. He turned 2 corners. One was Christmas at Disneyland in 2005 and the other was this past May. I could have never guessed it. pixiedust:

GREAT photos! We have not stayed at OKW yet but that is next on my list of DVC resorts. :thumbsup2

As for your poll...I voted Dec/Oct. Dec. because you can see all the holiday stuff which is always amazing. And Oct. is a great time to visit too. We just got back and August is HOT! I'm not saying I'd never do it again but yeah, definitely hot and it's also hurricane season. Just my opinion though!

:thanks: OKW is so roomy!!! I love the condo style too and the colors. :thumbsup2

If DH wants to do APs then I am leaning towards Dec/Oct too. September was buring hot. This May was a bit warmer than planned as well. I would love to be able to see WDW during the holidays and then visit the following year during Food and Wine. :cloud9: But then that does eliminate any vacations quite possibly for 2012 which I am not sure how I feel about. Obviously if we aren't going to do APs then we stick with October 2010.

My beloved DH threw a little hook into my solid October 2010 plans. Last night we were chatting and I said he needs to be thinking about where we want to go in 2011 using DVC. I suggested Zihua, Mexico- taking the kids for Hanukkah when he chimes in: I thought you wanted to get APs. :faint: Anyone who knows my DH or has read any of my trippies knows this is nothing shy of a Disney miracle. So, please any input on the poll choices would be great. :flower3:

I promise to get to story of buying DVC soon. popcorn::

ah...the power of Disney magic :worship:

I voted for Dec 2010/Oct 2011 as well. Holiday decorations in December and Food and wine Festival in October, plus MNSSHP

August is way too hot :headache:

ah...the power of Disney magic :worship:

I voted for Dec 2010/Oct 2011 as well. Holiday decorations in December and Food and wine Festival in October, plus MNSSHP

August is way too hot :headache:

Kelly, I am so feelin' ya on the holiday magic! :lovestruc I am Jew with 2 Christmas Trees if that tells you anything! :rotfl2: I just wish DH would decide if he wants to get APs and do Disney for vacations the next 2 years. :hyper: The whole making our DVC reservation 11 months out doesn't register with him. ;)

Sherlock has made it!

I love the picture of Joshua on the carousel!:lovestruc Adorable!!!

Ok, what is an "invisible" loan? Is that where someone gives me money and we pretend it didn't happen?

Sherlock has made it!

:rotfl2: You are quite the detective Cherie. Maybe it was all your poetic musings on FB last night. :laughing:

I love the picture of Joshua on the carousel!:lovestruc Adorable!!!

:thanks:

Ok, what is an "invisible" loan? Is that where someone gives me money and we pretend it didn't happen?

:lmao: Kinda. An invisible loan does not show up on your credit report or debt ratio. We were in the middle of a re-fi during our May trip so when we took the DVC tour I really honestly and truly did not think we'd buy due to the re-fi; lower rate with no debt rolled in :woohoo: but when Bob my DVC boyfriend :lovestruc said the loan was invisible, Michael cut him off and said: where do we sign? :faint:

I leave for a few days and u start a PTR!!!! I'm here now.

:banana: Your presence deserves the dancing banana! Where did you go?

Hey Doll, love the pictures. Josh with short hair is absolutely adorable...mind you he's pretty adorable with long locks as well:lmao:.

Way to go Michael, AP's, that's incredibly cool. I would sell my granny for a chance at going to WDW during the holiday season:cool1:

Hey Doll, love the pictures. Josh with short hair is absolutely adorable...mind you he's pretty adorable with long locks as well:lmao:.

Way to go Michael, AP's, that's incredibly cool. I would sell my granny for a chance at going to WDW during the holiday season:cool1:

I would sell your granny for a chance to do WDW during the holidays. :laughing: If we are getting APs then I have a feeling we will move the trip to Dec/Oct but if we don't then I am going to keep it for October 2010. Food and Wine sounds super fun too. :woohoo:

I like Joshua's short hair too but I like it better long. It sets him apart from every other kid here and he really likes it. pirate: The ladies already seem to dig it too. :scared1:

Did you update? popcorn::

I would sell your granny for a chance to do WDW during the holidays. :laughing: If we are getting APs then I have a feeling we will move the trip to Dec/Oct but if we don't then I am going to keep it for October 2010. Food and Wine sounds super fun too. :woohoo:

I like Joshua's short hair too but I like it better long. It sets him apart from every other kid here and he really likes it. pirate: The ladies already seem to dig it too. :scared1:

Did you update? popcorn::

If you do Dec/Oct you could do both Holiday decorations and 2011 Food & Wine....SO jealous:sick:.

Oh the girlies always like the long lockspirate:

I updated, though I'm afraid it might be a bit boring as it was our first day and we didn't do much:sad2:

If you do Dec/Oct you could do both Holiday decorations and 2011 Food & Wine....SO jealous:sick:

It would be fabulous but I am kinda thinking about Zihua, Mexico during the holidays in 2011. :eek: I would love to take the kids there. It's amazing :cloud9: And it's only 160 points so I wouldn't have to borrow into 2012. :idea:

Oh the girlies always like the long lockspirate:

I know I did/do. pirate:

I updated, though I'm afraid it might be a bit boring as it was our first day and we didn't do much:sad2:

I doubt you could ever be boring! :flower3: Going to check it out!!!!

It would be fabulous but I am kinda thinking about Zihua, Mexico during the holidays in 2011. :eek: I would love to take the kids there. It's amazing :cloud9: And it's only 160 points so I wouldn't have to borrow into 2012. :idea:

I know I did/do. pirate:

I doubt you could ever be boring! :flower3: Going to check it out!!!!

Mexico would be very cool, I'd love to be somewhere hot for New Year but it's never going to happen:sad2:

:hug: thanks for saying I couldn't be boring but may I suggest a strong coffee before you pop over to my TR.

BTW have you heard about the new place in Epcot, La Cava del Tequila, sounds like a place of interest;):cool1:

Mexico would be very cool, I'd love to be somewhere hot for New Year but it's never going to happen:sad2:

I would love to be somewhere warm too. I get real cagey in the winter. :scared: RCI through DVC will allow me to request 24 months out and believe me, I will need to as this particular resort is amazing and Mexico is packed during the holidays. :hyper:

:hug: thanks for saying I couldn't be boring but may I suggest a strong coffee before you pop over to my TR.

BTW have you heard about the new place in Epcot, La Cava del Tequila, sounds like a place of interest;):cool1:

I read it and posted and it's far from boring. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: The new place sounds very interesting. :drinking1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter