There's always Hall of Presidents August 2014

disneyfreak25

Mouseketeer
Jambo, My name is Rachel and this is my first ever trip report! Although our trip was in August i am just now getting started and i am so excited to start! So let's get to the introductions:

First up is me!
Rachel

I'm Rachel and I am 14 years old and i pretty much know more about Disney than anyone my age would. My first trip was when i was 8 years old. I have been there 7 times since. I like all the little things there, i don't go just for the thrill rides. I want to go on the Disney Collage Program some day and I hope to move to Florida!

Here are just some of my favorites:
Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion and Under the Sea
Favorite Show: Dream Along With Mickey, Finding Nemo the Musical, and Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Meet and Greet: Peter Pan, Mickey, Chip and Dale, and the princesses
Favorite Character: Stitch, Koda, Mickey, Belle, and Ariel
Favorite Table service: Via Napoli and Teppen Edo
Favorite Counter service: Casey's and Columbia Harbor House
Favorite Snack: Dole Whip, Butterfinger Cupcake, School Bread, and Caramel from Germany
Favorite Movie: Lilo and Stitch , Brother Bear, Lion King, Frozen, and Big Hero 6

Next Is My brother Jonathon
Jonathon

Jonathon is 11 years old and his first trip was when he was 5 years old. He loves to pin trade and stops almost anywhere. I think he can see lanyards a mile away! Jonathon also likes to look for rare characters, he especially likes Characterpalooza!

Some of Jonathon's favorites are:
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Show: Fantasmic!
Favorite Meet and Greet: Mickey and the Tremaines
Favorite Character: Stitch, Goofy, and Maleficent
Favorite Table service: sci-fi
Favorite Counter service: Columbia harbor house
Favorite Snack: Mickey ice cream bar and rootbeer float
Favorite Movie: Hercules and Big Hero 6

Last but not least is Mom:
Mom

My Mom works as a travel agent who specializes in Disney. She loves anything Disney and loves all the simple things! She cries at a lot of things just because its so magical!
A few of her favorites are:
Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Show: Fantasmic!
Favorite Meet and Greet:Peter Pan
Favorite Character: Stitch
Favorite Table Service: Via Napoli
Favorite Counter Service: Flame Tree Barbeque
Favorite Snack: Dole Whip
Favorite Movie: Tangled

We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside for 10 days and 9 nights! This was our first time staying there and overall liked it! Also later on in the trip we will have our friends from France in here! I hope you guys will enjoy my first ever trip report!​

Last edited:

I love TRs, especially when they are written by teens. This looks to be a great one, so I'm along for the ride! :thumbsup2

I can't sit here much longer

We love Disney so much that we woke up at 2:45 am to get ready and leave! I was so excited i had troubles sleeping the night before!

We finished packing our things and said good bye to the dogs and were on our way to the airport!

Ready to go!!

Our 6:00 flight had been delayed to 8:00 but we still got there early.We had everything planned out for the day and if we were delayed more we could have to change everything! So with that in mind we dropped our bags off and headed through security to wait! We sat there for 3 hours!!! It was soooo boring!! We tried to entertain ourselves even though there wasn't much to do!

It was about 8:00 when we saw our captain and we were getting excited but we started to board at 8:40 and took off at 8:50. The whole plane ride we wanted to walk and stretch our legs because we had just sat for 3 hours in the airport and now another 2 hours on the plane!

On the plane

Smiling through all the difficulties this morning

As soon as we got off the plane we were jumping with excitement! We were going to be in Disney in a little while! we boarded the fake-o-rail first.

Then we walked down to Magical Express and boarded but it was packed! We were hoping to sit in the front to get good pictures but instead we were in the back! No pictures of the sign or our resort sign just this one of the video:

We got lucky because Port Orleans Riverside was the first stop! We got off and checked in and we got the Alligator Bayou section> That's the section we wanted!
Here are a few pictures we took walking over there:

The main building

Jonathon sitting in the hammock

Our horses that we passed quite often

We got to our room!!

So here's a little tour of our room:

The table and chairs

This turned into a bed which we took turns sleeping on

The beds with Louis on the pillows

Our towel mickey!!

The sink area

Bathroom

Reunited with my lotions, I love these

Modeling the bed

Outside of the room

We walked to the bus stop because we were headed to our first park, Magic Kingdom! We had Fastpasses to use!

Last edited:

The Best Parade Ever!!

As soon as we got to Magic Kingdom, we had to enjoy Main Street for a minute and make our way to Fantasyland!

Our first look at the castle

We had a Fastpass for Mine Train that was about to expire so we rounded the corner and saw the sign!

The first time seeing it!!

This was going to be our first time on Mine Train and as we were approaching we were getting more and more excited!

The cottage from the Fastpass line

The queue

We loved Mine Train! It was a little short seeing how long they took on the ride. I expected a little more out of it but it was good! The mine part was adorable with all the dwarves in it! The cars didn't rock as much as I was hoping or imagined either. After Mine Train we went to get a parade spot for the best parade ever! We sat right in front of Casey's.

The balloons are so magical

We hadn't eaten all day so we decided to have Casey's for lunch since we were right there. Mom and I went inside while Jonathon saved our spots. We got Corn-Dog Nuggets and Nachos to split.

Corn-Dog Nuggets

(You can see my nails in that picture! I had painted them red with mickey heads on them!)

Next was watching FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!! I love this parade so much! On our last trip we watched it twice and spoiler alert we watched it three times this trip!! So, I will post some of my pictures, I took a ton so only the ones that were good will go here:

The Swan Court

Tale as Old as Time

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

For the First Time in Forever

Ulf wasn't in the parade today but the floral maidens were dancing along!

I've got a dream

I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam!

Under the Sea

We're following the leader

Wendy and Peter were being goofy as always up there!

When there's a smile in your heart, there's no better time to start!

This is one of my favorite pictures!

Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

I know you, I walked with you, once upon a dream

I have seen about everything, when I see an elephant fly

I love the Chippies but especially Dale!

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

After Festival of Fantasy what would we do? You'll see next time but for now see ya real soon!

(If any of you are on Instagram, you should follow me and my brother's page, its Nosleepingindisney, thanks!)

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been on here we have been busy lately and we got back from another trip for Christmas a couple weeks ago. I'm gonna try to get this done so I can start our December trip report!

Surprise!

After we watched Festival of Fantasy we made our way back to Tomorrowland.

Our hot sweaty selfie on the Peoplemover

We knew Peoplemover was going to be down while we were there but we saw it running with people on it, so we had to go ride it. The audio wasn't working right so we only heard bits and pieces of it.

It was so hot this afternoon and every day but it was so hot that we got a frozen lemonade after we got off the Peoplemover.

Frozen Lemonade with a bite taken out of it

We ate our frozen lemonade while we waited for our Space Mountain Fastpass to work.

Our pose was we were so excited to be back in Disney

It was sprinkling when we went in but not when we came out and it was hotter than before. We had some time to kill again so what better thing to do than go get a LeFou's Brew!

LeFou's Brew is soo good!!

After our brew we had our other Fastpass to use. We were going to go on Under the Sea! My mom and I love this ride but sometimes Jonathon gets annoyed by how many times we ride it.

The back side of water!

I love this part!!

Poor Unfortunate Souls!

We were walking over to Pinocchio's to grab some water when we saw the Tremaines out, so we hopped in line to meet them.

Anastasia told Jonathon that instead of wearing a magicband and bringing it, she should have brought her a diamond ring! While she was talking to Jonathon, Lady Tremaine was asking me if Jonathon was a prince and if he was okay for her daughter.

When we went into Pinocchio's we signed the wish book they have.

When we came out we walked over towards Teacups and saw that it didn't have a line so, me and Jonathon rode. My mom doesn't like the Teacups so she sat out.

When we were done we walked towards the castle. Merida was out teaching everyone how to shoot a bow and arrow. She also told us to look for an orange firework during Wishes, its not really a firework, its her arrow with fire.

The castle from the bridge

We decided to walk down Main Street and look in the stores and then leave. We wanted to get settled in and were hoping to walk to French Quarter. When we got back to the room there was a surprise for us.

Supposedly because we had so many problems with our magicbands and because my mom had called several times while we were at home, they had a surprise for us. It was a basket with all kinds of stuff. There was drinks, chips, crackers, candy, rice krispie treats, and chocolate.

Our amazing surprise

We walked down to Riverside Mill and we all got pizza. After we ate we caught the boat down to French Quarter. We were headed to Sasaguala's for beignets.

Beignets!!

Jamming with the alligators!

This sprayed people so I had to get a quick picture

Jonathon with the gator

We walked back to the room after we took pictures around the resort and went to bed. Tomorrow we were going to have a wild time at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
Glad to see you got time to post another update. Wow, what a nice surprise basket. Disney sure knows how to make everything better - even when there are problems.

We're not Going to Make It!

Today we woke up and we were headed to Animal Kingdom. The bus was really crowded this morning so we had to stand. I don't mind standing but the rude people who complain about the people standing right in front of them is what is annoying. Where else would they like us to go? So enough of that, we were at Animal Kingdom!!

Tree of Life

We walked over to Everest and rode it once.

Then because the wait time was still low we rode it again.

Mom decided to get some pictures while we were on the ride

No dancing on Everest!

After we conquered the yeti we went to go on a safari.
We saw lots of animals including my favorite elephants!!

Rhino

Since we were right over there we decided to do the Pangani Forest Trail.

Next was one of our favorites! Dinosaur!! My mom and I love this ride but for some odd reason Jonathon does not! He used to but not anymore.

Helllloooooo there!

Our scared pose except I don't think Jonathon's was a pose!

Primeval Whirl was next and I got the red card to show the wait time! I am obsessed with these, they're so much fun to get!
Then we went on Triceratops Spin because we're in Disney and who cares how old we are to ride that!
We left Dinoland and were on our way to our next destination when we saw Daisy had a short wait. She was as perfect as ever. We posed for some pictures and left to go to lunch!

We were going to be eating at Flame Tree Barbecue! Mom had eaten there before but this was Jonathon and I's first time there. This ended up being one of my favorite quick services at Disney! We all got Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I got grapes with mine because Disney grapes are the best and Jonathon got baked beans and my mom got coleslaw with hers. We sat right down by the water with a view of Everest. I loved Flame Tree and I want to eat there again! We ate there on our December trip later too!

Yummy Flame Tree!!

When we were leaving Flame Tree I saw one of the worst things to see at Disney, a school group! Or better known as a Brazilian tour group!!

After we had lunch we had a Fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie. I showed Minnie my bow which was red with white polka dots. With some help from the character attendant, Minnie said that was her favorite color. I then showed Mickey my Mickey earrings and my nails which were red with Mickey heads on them. He loved them! We took pictures and said goodbye then!

Next we met my boyfriend, King Louie and Baloo was there too! My mom and I were laughing because the people behind us were trying to guess what movie the Tree of Life was from and they were guessing all these non- Disney movies and I really just wanted to tell them its not from any movie at all! Baloo and King Louie went in for a break and we were the first to see them after their break. Baloo came out and he was hiding behind the pole like hide and seek! We got some pictures and then walked out of there.

Our next Fastpass was for Festival of the Lion King!

We were on our way to Harambe Village but we got some Frozen Jungle Juice.

Next we would be using our Fastpass for Festival of the Lion King!

Last edited:
Go With the Flow

We waited to get into the theater to watch Festival of the Lion King while drinking our Frozen Jungle Juice. This was our first time in the new theater. I loved the outside of it!

The show was basically the same as the other one. They didn't fix the seating though and that is the only thing I don't like about the show. People kept putting their cameras in my view or moving in front of me so I couldn't see but I did get a few pictures.

Simba

A little blurry but the Tumble Monkeys!!

The Lion sleeps tonight

I think we took this Photopass picture on the way out.

After the show we headed back to Finding Nemo the Musical. This was our third Fastpass. We were going over there way early but we hadn't seen this show since 2008 on our first trip so we wanted good seats. We were first in line and we talked to the family behind us to pass the time. They let us through the queue and we got right in front of the doors. Whenever a cast member would come out we would feel the air conditioning and it would feel sooo good! After standing there for a while the cast members would tease us with the air conditioning. One cast member held the door open for a few seconds and then closed it real slowly so we got a little. We noticed a huge bug on the ground and it scared me!

This bug was HUGE!!

So, the show before ours was over and they let us in to the curtain. We got to stand there until everyone was out of the theater for some air conditioning! It was finally time to sit down and shortly the show began.

Have you seen my son?

Fish are Friends not Food!

Bruce got right in my face and I jumped! I didn't get a picture because it happened so fast!

Blurry but Go with the Flooowwww

This was my favorite part with Crush, Squirt, and the turtles.

We had seen all day on Instagram that Tarzan and Jane were out so we headed over that way and saw that they were out so we walked over there and the cast member told us they cut off the line! So we took pictures of them and while we were these people snuck in line and got to see them too! We were sooo mad!

Jonathon "met" Tarzan and Jane!

We decided to get another Fastpass and ended up getting Dinosaur. I love that ride and it is one of my favorites!

Where's the Dinosaur? We can't find it!

We decided to go ride Everest but it was longer so we got in the single rider line. I got in a car with this lady and her husband and kid were behind us. She was scared to death the whole time because she told me it was her first time! I reassured her but she continued to scream and freak out, I was laughing the whole time! Our ride photo was hysterical!

While I rode with this family, Jonathon rode with a guy who was scared too! Their ride photo was funny too!

Everest was only ten minutes when we got off so Jonathon and I rode again together.

Our best Stacy impressions. There doesn't seem to be any track!

We got a few Photopass pictures including magic shots.

We exited Animal Kingdom and looked behind us to get this picture!

We were leaving Animal Kingdom but our day was far from over where would we be going tonight?

Last edited:
Go With the Flow

We waited to get into the theater to watch Festival of the Lion King while drinking our Frozen Jungle Juice. This was our first time in the new theater. I loved the outside of it!

The show was basically the same as the other one. They didn't fix the seating though and that is the only thing I don't like about the show. People kept putting their cameras in my view or moving in front of me so I couldn't see but I did get a few pictures.

Simba

A little blurry but the Tumble Monkeys!!

The Lion sleeps tonight

I think we took these Photopass pictures on the way out.

After the show we headed back to Finding Nemo the Musical. This was our third Fastpass. We were going over there way early but we hadn't seen this show since 2008 on our first trip so we wanted good seats. We were first in line and we talked to the family behind us to pass the time. They let us through the queue and we got right in front of the doors. Whenever a cast member would come out we would feel the air conditioning and it would feel sooo good! After standing there for a while the cast members would tease us with the air conditioning. One cast member held the door open for a few seconds and then closed it real slowly so we got a little. We noticed a huge bug on the ground and it scared me!

This bug was HUGE!!

So, the show before ours was over and they let us in to the curtain. We got to stand there until everyone was out of the theater for some air conditioning! It was finally time to sit down and shortly the show began.

Have you seen my son?

Fish are Friends not Food!

Bruce got right in my face and I jumped! I didn't get a picture because it happened so fast!

Blurry but Go with the Flooowwww

This was my favorite part with Crush, Squirt, and the turtles.

We had seen all day on Instagram that Tarzan and Jane were out so we headed over that way and saw that they were out so we walked over there and the cast member told us they cut off the line! So we took pictures of them and while we were these people snuck in line and got to see them too! We were sooo mad!

Jonathon "met" Tarzan and Jane!

We decided to get another Fastpass and ended up getting Dinosaur. I love that ride and it is one of my favorites!

Where's the Dinosaur? We can't find it!

We decided to go ride Everest but it was longer so we got in the single rider line. I got in a car with this lady and her husband and kid were behind us. She was scared to death the whole time because she told me it was her first time! I reassured her but she continued to scream and freak out, I was laughing the whole time! Our ride photo was hysterical!

While I rode with this family, Jonathon rode with a guy who was scared too! Their ride photo was funny too!

Everest was only ten minutes when we got off so Jonathon and I rode again together.

Our best Stacy impressions. There doesn't seem to be any track!

We got a few Photopass pictures including magic shots.

We exited Animal Kingdom and looked behind us to get this picture!

We were leaving Animal Kingdom but our day was far from over where would we be going tonight?

Instagram Meet-Ups

We got to Hollywood Studios!

As we were entering the park I saw a girl working that I follow on Instagram. Her name is Laura and she works as a park greeter. She was on the DCP and it was her last day so I got a picture with her.

We decided to hang out by the stage around the dance party and wait until the fireworks to watch the stage show. We walked up there and saw some other people we follow on Instagram. We saw Clara and her daughters, Tori and Elizabeth. We talked to them for a while before the fireworks. Clara had moved down to Florida a couple years ago so, we talked to her about us wanting to move too.

Soon the fireworks started

Anna and Kristoff watching the fireworks together.

Elsa during the finale

The fireworks were so magical, they gave me goosebumps.

Snowing on Hollywood Boulevard

Magic Kingdom had magic hours tonight so we took the bus over there. So the first thing we did was take a relaxing ride around Tomorrowland on the Peoplemover.

We ran into our friends that we know that live in Ohio like right down the road and then said goodbye because we were going to our destination.

We headed to Haunted Mansion to bring them our death certificates.

Ariel had no wait so we swam into line to meet her. She asked us we race dolphins when we go swimming. We told her we had never done that before so she said we should do that with her next time we visit.

Talking about dolphins

Under the Sea was our last ride of the day! I love that ride and my favorite part is when thy're singing Under the Sea and Ariel is dancing.

We took these afterwards

We headed down Main Street and out of the park, we had a big day tomorrow.

Last edited:
A Morning of Characters and Rides

We only got four hours of sleep because there was early morning magic hours. The bus took forever so we missed the welcome show.

We rope dropped Space Mountain and when we returned to Tomorrowland, we went to ride Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I can never see what i'm hitting, its just luck!

Next, we went down the rabbit hole to meet Alice and the White Rabbit.

Alice asked if I knew Cheshire Cat's tricks because my shirt had stripes like him.

We got in line for Winnie the Pooh and this lady lost her kids like five times just while we were standing in line. It was crazy!

The next ride we did was It's a Small World. My favorite part is the ohh la la girls!

Our first Fastpass of the day was Mine Train. The car seemed to rock more this time than last time.

Gaston was the next character meet. He told me LeFou really isn't my type but no one is really his type. He also said the way to become famous is to make a statue of yourself. That's what he did and he put his right in the center of the village.

And then Gaston looking at me

Our next Fastpass was for Under the Sea and I sang the whole entire time!

Now here is one of the best parts of the trip. We were on our way to Haunted Mansion when this lady was complaining to this guy about all the long lines. She was like " There's always Hall of presidents!". That made our day like when every ride has a long wait just go watch Hall of Presidents! It was literally the best thing ever!!

This is a really bad picture because the sun was in our eyes

Our next Fastpass was for Peter Pan's Flight. Then we had lunch because it sounded like there was a beast in my stomach. Sorry, Stacy quote!! We were eating at Be Our Guest. Jonathon got a roast beef sandwich and me and mom split a Croque Monsierr. Jonathon and I got Master's Cupcakes for dessert while Mom got the Strawberry Cupcake. We ate in the library where Belle and Beast are dancing.

I think because we had so many Magic Band difficulties they gave us another Fastpass because we had one for Big Thunder Mountain next. The guy told us we could all three ride together and we were squished in there!

We got some water and got a spot for FESTIVAL OF FANTASY!! While we were waiting the Dapper Dans came to play right in front of us.

They were doing if you’re happy and you know it and I clapped but they didn't see so they made me do it in front of everyone but I didn't mind because were in Disney!

Selfie before Festival of Fantasy

Last edited:
A Nap in Disney!

Then once again we watched Festival of fantasy and it never disappoints!
I took a bunch of pictures because I couldn't just choose a couple!!

We went to go see Aurora on our way out to see her new dress.

Then I am so ashamed to say it, we went back to the hotel to sleep! I know but we only got 4 hours of sleep so we took a nap and anyways it was raining.

We then went back to Magic Kingdom later.

The first thing we did was see Tinkerbell. She told us pixies to fly right on over for a picture.

Then we were trying Columbia Harbor House. My mom had tried it before but me and my brother had not. I got a kids chicken and so did Jonathon. My mom got fish because that’s what she got last time and loved it.

Then it was Jungle Cruise time. I think I can quote the whole time. Here is Smiley and his girlfriend Ginger. Watch out Ginger snaps! She is one tough cookie. I’d like to point out this rock formation because most people take it for granite. We had an awesome skipper tonight.

Then it was time for one of our favorites, Pirates of the Caribbean, but it was ruined by these people. There were these smelly Indian people in front of us and they smelled so bad! We got stuck on a boat with them, we have so much luck! Then as if that was bad enough the lady kept turning around and flashing the camera in Jonathon’s face so I continued to yell NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY! So they do as any foreign people do, they acted like they didn’t understand but we all know they understood!

When we got off there was a Photopass photographer and we stopped for some pictures. He kept making us laugh so these pictures are really bad!

We then went on Big Thunder and Wishes was going on! We heard the guy in front of us saying something about being from Canton, Ohio. That’s where were from so my mom told him and he said he worked there! So we talked to him throughout the line. I guess it is a small world.

Then if that was coincidental we saw Clara again! They were waiting for the electrical parade so we waited with them since we didn’t see it yet!

After the parade we walked over to Haunted Mansion. We went into the room where it stretches and the creepy cast member was behind me. I knew he was there and Jonathon kept staring at him so I turned around and he was basically breathing on my neck! I jumped and then laughed. I told him he had scared me and that I didn’t know he was there. I was trying to make him laugh. He almost laughed and then it was time to get out of the room so I said bye and he was trying so hard not to laugh.

We walked up towards the castle because we had a Dis-meet with our favorite security guard, Brett. We talked to him for a while and saw the Kiss Goodnight. Then we took the bus home and showered and headed to bed, we were going to my favorite park tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts