There's a Chipmunk Eating Your Head!-Dining Review(Complete !! 12/30)

jecskc

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone !! Welcome to my Dining Report !! We went to Walt Disney World from November 22 thru November 27 and we stayed in a one bedroom villa at Boardwalk. This is the first time we had gone to Disney during Christmas and we were really excited to see the decorations and experiencing the atmosphere at the Boardwalk.

Cast of Characters:

Me - 43 yr old Irrigation Designer, my DH, my DS12 and my DD9. Here's a picture of us on this trip.

DSC00724.jpg

And I would just like to say, for those of you reading, please feel free to stop in and say hello. I just love seeing everyone's comments and sharing experiences.

Here was what we ate:

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dinner - Boardwalk to Go

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Breakfast – Snacks from Boardwalk Bakery

Lunch – Flame Tree BBQ – Animal Kingdom

Dinner – ADR – Captain’s Grille 5:15 PM

Thursday, November 24, 2011 – Thanksgiving Day

Breakfast – ADR – Whispering Canyon – 7:30 AM

Lunch – Captain Cook’s – Polynesian

Dinner – ADR – Garden Grill – 7:05 PM

Friday, November 25, 2011

Breakfast – Boardwalk Bakery

Lunch - Electric Umbrella

Dinner – Beaches and Cream

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Breakfast – snacks from the Bellevue Lounge

Lunch – Fairfaxe Fare and Backlot Express

Dinner – ADR - Cape May café – 5:20 PM

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Breakfast – ADR – Crystal Palace – 8:05 AM

Lunch – Cosmic Ray’s Cafe

If you want to read the Trip Report that accompanies this Dining Report, here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2839660

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 – Dinner at Boardwalk to go.

We got to the Boardwalk about 8:30 PM and checked in and then we decided to find some grub. The kids were starving so we scoped out our food options and the kids spied hot dogs so we took a look at the menu.

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

I got a hot dog basket

DSC00071.jpg

Very yummy hot dog. Warm and juicy. Tasted like all beef hot dog. Good flavor. Fries were good. Hot, salty and crispy. Carbohydrate goodness !!
DD got mozzarella sticks

DSC00072.jpg

Just your regular mozzarella sticks. Good and filling

DS got some nachos

DSC00070.jpg

This was your basic chips with hot cheese from a pump. But DS loves these so he enjoyed them. I personally like some more zing to my cheese sauce – a little jalapeno heat. But for kids or grown-ups that like milder food, these are perfect.

And DH got a foot long hot dog which he loaded up with toppings.

DSC00069.jpg

He said this was a very good hot dog. He really enjoyed it.

We also got a diet coke and a Powerade to drink. All of this cost about $26. We did get the dining plan, but I don't think this stand took CS credits.

It was a really pretty night and we grabbed a table and enjoyed our food. It was really good. DS still talks about the nachos. They weren't anything special, but it isn't anything that I buy at home. so he really enjoyed them.

Some Boardwalk photos

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

We decided to get some pastries at the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast the following morning since RD at AK was at 7:00 AM :scared1:

DSC00084.jpg

DS is going to be so happy that Boardwalk to go has mozzarella sticks! It's little things that make him happy. :goodvibes

The only other place we've found them was LTT. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

We want to stay at the Boardwalk Inn on our next visit. What did you think? Did you love the property? Can't wait to read your reviews!

DS is going to be so happy that Boardwalk to go has mozzarella sticks! It's little things that make him happy. :goodvibes

The only other place we've found them was LTT. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by. My DS was that way about those nachos. I've never eaten at LTT, but it is on my Disney bucket list !!

Staying at the BWVs next month, can't wait to read/see more!

:welcome: I have lots of resort photos in my TR if you want to go over and take a look. We LOVED the Boardwalk and very much want to stay there again. It was so nice to be that close to Epcot. I didn't get to spend enough time there as I would have liked this trip.

We want to stay at the Boardwalk Inn on our next visit. What did you think? Did you love the property? Can't wait to read your reviews!

:welcome: We LOVED it !! The kids said it was the best water slide ever !! Even DH said so. We felt like were right in the middle of everything. And Epcot was just a five minute walk away. You will love it too !! And like I mentioned to LoriJune, go on over to TR if you want to see more photos. I have TONS !!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 - Breakfast

Boardwalk Bakery pastries.

So we wake up EARLY – about 6:00 AM :scared1: – so we can get to rope drop at Animal Kingdom by 7:00 AM. There was much complaining and whining about how early it was and it was rough going getting everyone up.

We had our treats from Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast.

DH and I each had a Bluberry muffin.

DSC00091.jpg

I had wanted a chocolate croissant, but they were out when we bought them the night before. These muffins were still very fresh and moist and really hit the spot with a hot cup of coffee which we brewed in the room

DS had a cinnamon bun

DSC00092.jpg

It took me a while to get him to eat it, but after he got started he really polished it off. And he said, “hey, that was a really good cinnamon bun.”

And DD just had some Special K. She ate it dry. Hey, it is what she wanted and she ate something, so that was good.

You have me missing the BWI so much right now! Love your pics

We check-in at Boardwalk tomorrow! So psyched!

Looking forward to reading more! :banana:

You have me missing the BWI so much right now! Love your pics

:welcome: We love, love, loved it !! We are so going back !! So happy to have you on board.

We check-in at Boardwalk tomorrow! So psyched!

Looking forward to reading more! :banana:

:welcome: So exciting for you !! I am super jealous !! You will love all of the decorations and since you will be so close to Epcot, take some time to go and see the storytellers in the countries. We didn't get the chance and I deeply regret it. My BFF that was there saw some of them and she said they were really great ! Have a Grey Goose Slushie for me !!

Great reviews so far! That footlong does look pretty good. You have me craving hot dogs right now :lmao: I can't wait to read more.

Great reviews so far! That footlong does look pretty good. You have me craving hot dogs right now :lmao: I can't wait to read more.

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by !! I know, I just love hot dogs, especially really good ones. And these were :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lunch – our plan was to have lunch at Flame Tree Barbeque. We got over there and discovered it didn’t open until eleven. By this time the park was starting get a good crowd going. So we decided to wait for Flame Tree BBQ to open and have lunch

Some photos while we waited for the restaurant to open.

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

We lined up outside the restaurant.

DSC00301.jpg

Well I stood in line and DH and the kids went to scope out a table. When the restaurant opened they played a little song and clapped and stuff. DH remarked they we were present for Flame Tree BBQ rope drop. I thought that was funny.

So we used counter service credits and got DD a kids hot dog

Which apparently I didn’t get a photo of. I know, I know ... BAD Disser !!

DS the BBQ half chicken

DSC00302.jpg

He had removed the baked beans and cole slaw from the plate before I took the photo. Said he wasn’t eating that.

DH and I shared the chicken and ribs.

DSC00304.jpg

I liked the chicken and the ribs. The meat was tender and the BBQ flavoring was good. But he beans and cole slaw were just OK. I thought they were too sweet tasting.

I also got us some onion rings to share.

DSC00303.jpg

These were really good and were gone almost immediately.

He had already eaten half of them by the time I took this photo.

We also got chocolate mousse (didn’t get a photo) for dessert and it was icky. Something about the consistency of it just grossed me out. I mean mousse is supposed to be somewhat firm in texture and this was just too soupy.

Anyway, lunch here was just OK. I am not sure we will go back. The meat and the onion rings were good.

Enjoying your photos and reviews. We're staying at the Boardwalk in January, so glad to see the pictures!

Enjoying your photos and reviews. We're staying at the Boardwalk in January, so glad to see the pictures!

I have lots more in my trip report if you want to go over an take a look. We really loved the Boardwalk !! You will enjoy it so much !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter