There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by cjackearl, Jun 28, 2009.

1. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

I am so, so far behind, but I wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday!! I just read your last day and I know I missed a few days in there. I'll go back and look for them.

30 min. for the Fairies is short from what I've been reading. I hope that we get to see them next month.

I've really enjoyed your TR and I'm sad that it's over.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wendy3

wendy3 Mouseketeer

I absolutely loved your trip report! My favorite part was how much your family enjoys each other and being together. We live so far from WDW that we fly every time, which is a good thing. If we were driving and not under a definate deadline, I don't think I could ever leave. Looking forward to your final thoughts.popcorn::

4. lovebuzzandwoody

lovebuzzandwoody DIS Veteran

Oh dear, that made me cry big ol' crocodile tears. :sad: We all know that feeling so well, don't we?

I'm so sad that your TR is winding down to an end. I've really enjoyed it! Thank you so much for sharing with us. :hug:

5. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Thanks.:) Last update coming up.

Leaving was so, so hard. It helped to be going to visit my dad in NC before we headed home to reality. We do enjoy time together, especially when normal life doesn't get in the way.:goodvibes Thanks so much for reading!:hug:

I'm so, so glad you jumped aboard.:hug:

6. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Due to back to school adjustment craziness, as well as just plain not wanting to be done with this report, I’ve been putting off my final thoughts on our trip. However, procrastination is not a virtue so its time to wrap this up. First though, at risk of having you all think I’m a complete redneck, pictures of our chicken run and our babies for Miss LL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coop painting, courtesy of Amelia.
    [​IMG]

Isn’t she beautiful?
    [​IMG]

Chickens need love too!
    [​IMG]

If you read my PTR, you saw pictures of these girls when they were just tiny puffs of fluff, and now they’re providing us with 5 eggs/day most days. They are easy peasy pets, yes pets, they all have names and get lots of love, and are great responsibility teachers for the kids.

Moving away from our chickens, my thoughts on our trip, in no particular order:

Driving

We drove for 2 reasons: 1. to save money and 2. to stop in North Carolina on the way home to visit my dad and step mom. Would I do that 18 hour drive again? I think so. We actually enjoyed the drive down. I’d love to stretch it out a bit more next time, maybe with a stop at Mammoth Cave or something. It was so nice to have our vacation stretched with the relaxing visit with my Dad after Disney and with George a teacher with summer’s off, we don’t have to waste any Disney time on our drive. Plus, it was nice to have our car available if we wanted it.

Beach Club

LOVED it! We loved the room size, location, pool, lobby smell, theming, pool. Seriously, the pool was so nice I had to name it twice. The only element I didn’t love was the price, but the 4/3 deal made it a lot easier on our budget.

Dining Plan

Without checking receipts I’m only guessing, but I think we came out ahead, especially since we still had 2, and our pickiest 2 at that, that still qualified as kids. The convenience of paying for most of our food ahead of time made the DDP worthwhile for our family this trip. Now that Amelia counts as an adult, I just don’t know. I’ll have to do some serious figuring before the next trip.

Park Hoppers

This trip they didn't feel necessary since we weren’t going to take advantage of any EMH and I just couldn’t justify the $250 extra for “maybe”. I’m sure we’d get them in the future however, because I can see us splitting up more. A friend whose kids are older than mine described her Disney vacation this summer at the BC (Hi T!) and they split up quite a bit, especially in the evenings. I could see that being us when the kids get a little older and then hoppers will be needed.

Tour Guide Mike

The site was a little hard to navigate and I wasn’t sure how I felt about skipping EMH, but I have to say, his advice, especially which park to go to on each day was SPOT ON! He had great tips on secret paths, great parade spots and other strategies that I found helpful. I’d subscribe again, for sure.

When will we be back?

Ah, the magic question. And the answer? I don’t know. It’s all dependant on my employment next year. Ian will start Kindergarten and all signs indicate that full day Kindergarten is going to be implemented then. If that’s the case, I’ll go back to subbing, maybe working on getting my teaching certificate current again, or maybe that will wait for awhile. We’ve got the Disney change jar out and we’re still throwing coins in. When we have a better idea of what our income will look like next year we can start planning.

Walt Disney World is a special place. We all know that, we all FEEL that, which is why we plan our trips with such anticipation and care. Sometimes I feel an ache to be back in that magical place. Sharing our trip with all of you who GET it has been so special. Thank you for letting me relive our magical vacation with you. I look forward to living vicariously through some of your PTRs and TRs and seeing you all around the boards. Eventually you’ll see my name on another PTR and I’ll be able to get rid of this ache to be back in my happy place.

7. Planning fanatic mom

Planning fanatic mom DIS Veteran

Well, I have been here from the very beginning of your PTR and have loved each and every post. :love: Thank you so much for letting me join your family for your magical vacation.:wizard: As been said so many times, you have a beautiful family.

We are both teachers and still scrimp and save to make a yearly trip. You'll be back. It is just a matter of time. ;)

Again, thanks so much. I'll see you around the boards.:thumbsup2

8. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Well said! I love being on the DIS because for just a little while, I am back in Walt Disney World and that ache turns into a smile. Thank you so much for sharing your trip, your family is lovely. :hug:

Talk to you soon!

9. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

:sad1::sad1: All good things must come to an end. Thanks for a great trip report. As others have said you do have a beautiful family and it's been great following along on your trip. I hope it isn't too long before another trip comes. See you around the boards!:hug:

10. vamassey1

vamassey1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for for sharing your trip and for sharing your conclusions. I like the way you broke everything down. I truly enjoyed your report and I hope you get back soon.

I'm in the same situation you in on the dinning plan. This was the last trip Danielle qualified as a child. Lots to think about if we go again.

11. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

Yes, she is beautiful. She is looking like our cat looks at me sometimes, as in, "What the heck are you doing?"

Jill and I feel that ache all too often, so we plan another trip. Now the only thing that aches is the bank account! :laughing:

We definitely hope you will continue to hang around over on our TR. If you want to walk around Hollywood Studios this a.m., head on over there, because I just put up 3-4 posts filled with pictures.
    And there are a lot of shopping pictures. :)

Keep throwing the coins in the jar, because any time you are ready to go again, we are ready to re-live it with you. Thanks for letting us come along. It was a lot of fun!

12. pixleyyy

pixleyyy DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing such a fabulous trip report with us!

13. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

Well said! I truly enjoyed your report and family... it provided many times glimpses into our future. I am in total agreement on the dining plans biggest benefit is paying before... and wonder when the kids are adults what will we do.

You give me hopes on the driving since it would not be as long for us...

I sure hope we try out the Beach Club... you really sold me! Do stay around here... and I can't wait to see what your next trip is like!

14. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed reading your TR!!! :goodvibes Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!!! Disney is such a magical place and it's so hard dealing with that constant ache to go back. That's what makes reading TR's so wonderful, because for a moment it brings us back to the place that we love:love: so much!!! Thanks again for such a great TR!!!!!:thumbsup2

15. Tnkrbelle565

Tnkrbelle565 DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing with us!! And thank you for putting the idea of the Beach Club in my head for next year's trip! My wallet may not be thanking you:rolleyes1

16. letstalkboutdisney

letstalkboutdisney Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing you trip with all of us. It was a great trip report and I had fun coming along for your vacation.
    I loved your closing thoughts. Made me cry when you talked about Disney being a special place.
    We can't wait to go back.
    Hope you get to go back soon and write another trip report.
    See you then!

17. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

What a lovely report... and yes, it's safe to say we all "get it!" :laughing: :lovestruc

Keep on throwing those coins in that jar! Until next time...

Kathy

18. Happydog

Happydog DIS Veteran

I totally loved reading your PTR and your TR and it has just been so much fun chatting with you along the way!!!! It is funny to make jokes with people you have never met but who have a common interest in a magical place :goodvibes

(It really is a shared sickness, but I am trying to be warm and fuzzy here...)

ANYway, I enjoyed it!!! Looking forward to seeing your two cents in the future!!! ;)

19. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I :love: the chickens

Final thoughts? WAH! I am so sad!!!! I know what you mean about not wanting your TR to end, it is so hard to let go. I can't wait to see your name on another PTR but look forwards to chatting with you on other PTR's in the meantime.

Your next PTR is not an if, it's a when

:goodvibes

20. DreaGirl

DreaGirl DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts?! Awww man, that means your TR is over.

In my area, all day kindergarten started this year. WAH! I'm so upset over this.

I hope you get to go back to our happy place. I'll look forward to another TR!

21. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

If I don't turn square!:laughing: Sorry, couldn't help myself. Oh, and its not too early to start a PTR, you know.;)

Thank you so, so much.:hug: I'm looking forward to keeping up with your TR now!:goodvibes

Thanks, Jenny.:hug: Its been so great to compare our similar vacations and now I'm looking forward to reading about your January trip and all of your upcoming trips as DVC members!:yay:

Yea, Madeline likes more grown up food, but Amelia is so very picky that I hate to think about paying adult prices for her. Maybe her taste buds will mature.:confused3

Thank you! It's been fun for me to write it.:hug: