There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Gosh it sounds manic right before rope drop. Good on George for getting the FP's, love the pic btw :)

Lol, I burst out laughing when I read that you sat next to a complete stranger. I can't tell whether you got off and rode with the family, or if you stayed on and rode it out.

Great update-you gave a very vivid description of the TSMM madness-:confused3-I don't get it either-(I mean I get wanting to ride it-very much actually-I don't get that whole madness-every man, woman and child for themselves...-it seems so UnDisney...not to mention a bit dangerous...:confused3

Your pictures of the queueing area are delightful-I can't wait to see it...:yay:

So you are riding ride with strange men-huh? hmm....:rolleyes1-that's a great story...:lmao::lmao:

Cool-a new pressed penny machine we haven't used...:lmao:

Maddy took some nice photos-brave girl...I would so love to ride ToT-but alas I'm scared...

(It did look like Amelia Bedelia was the maid-but she probably just made them a pie at the end -didn't she always do that? -and they forgot about firing her...:lmao:)

Anxiously waiting update...popcorn::

First a picture of my two youngest waiting for our turn to laugh at Mushu's antics.

289.jpg

We emptied out of the show into the Animation building, not really knowing what to expect except that there would probably be some characters inside. We decided to check out some of the interactive stuff later, but first got in line to meet Sorcerer Mickey. The line was fairly lengthy, but we all really wanted to meet him and since we were waiting for Madeline and George still, it was no problem. I called George, who hung up on me because they were actually on ToT. He called back a few minutes later and I told him to hustle their bustles because we were in line to see Sorcerer Mickey. They found us right when we were got to the front of the line and then it was our turn! I handed the photopass photographer our card and the other photographer guy our camera, and then told Ian he could go ahead and see Mickey. Honestly, I had no idea he would run at him like he did! He gave that mouse a full out run hug and almost knocked Sorcerer Mickey right off of his feet!

Image1464.jpg

Do you see how Mickey is bracing himself with one hand?
Image1467.jpg

Image1470.jpg

At this point the rest of us come out to see Mickey and get our picture taken. Remember, there are two cameras going off. Well, I begin to see Mickey bobbing up and down as if he's laughing and hear the other people in line laughing, and I glance down to see my son posing like he's on the red carpet! He's turning one way and then the other like he's a big star. Mickey was breaking up.

This is before SM notices how Ian is reacting to the paparazzi.
292.jpg

Image1480.jpg

Now after. See his hand over his mouth?
Image1475.jpg

Meeting Sorcerer Mickey is definitely one of the most memorable experiences of the trip and I giggle whenever I see those pictures. After our celebrity meet and greet we checked out the building a little. This is how Ian feels about Toy Story 3 being released.

294.jpg

Next it was time for a snack. I was feeling a pretzel but in the heat, and it was getting very hot, I didn't want to try to track down anything special so I just got a plain one from a cart. It was very stale, sadly. The others all got ice cream from the dinosaur shaped stand, Dinosaur Gerties, I think, near the Indiana Jones theater. I was sure I'd gotten a picture, but I guess not.

Thanks for opening my ice cream, daddy.
303.jpg

I think something must have escaped from Animal Kingdom!
304.jpg

Ian had to go to the bathroom, so the girls and I went to get seats for the next show of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular while George took Ian to find a potty.

Watch out girls! Runaway jeep!
306.jpg

The boys met us in the theater and we watched the stunt spectacular. I'm glad we saw it, but really didn't think it was anything I'd have to see again. George liked it better, but he's a man who enjoys fire, explosions and gun fights. Ian, poor kid, did not like it. He was really worried that one of the actors was going to get hurt by the fire. I was concerned that we'd have to take him out, but he held it together. He could not be convinced that the fire was contained and everyone was acting. That fire was real!

Here's Ian watching intently before he got too worried.
310.jpg

Where to next? How about Star Tours! It was really hot now. I would be riding first with the girls and then we'd swap and George would ride with them. I assumed he and Ian would wait in the air conditioned dump shop, but I was totally wrong. After our fateful trip to Endor we came outside to one very excited little boy and an equally excited daddy. Ian was now an official Jedi Academy graduate!

Continued in next post.
313.jpg

Awww!!! Ian is such a little cutie!! Those are some really great pictures of your family :thumbsup2
I was :rotfl: about your TSM ride with a complete stranger!! Did you beat him? :lmao:
I would think that they would let people do the fast walk to TSM like they do for EE or even when you go over to Tomorrowland for SM :confused3 It does seem quite dangerous?

I couldn't believe it! George said that after we got in line, he and Ian wandered over to the stage area where the Jedi training happens, just to see when the next show might be. I'd read about the Jedi Academy training before our trip and knew Ian would like it, but didn't tell him anything about it, in case we just didn't get to it this trip. Well, George said that the next show started shortly after he and Ian found their spots and the first child that the Jedi master picked was Ian! He was surprised, but excited and made his way up to the front of the stage.

The Jedi Master
315.jpg

My little Jedi trainee joining the Master on stage
316.jpg

Donning the traditional Jedi robe. He didn't have any trouble with this at all. Probably because he'd just bought the same costume at DTD and put it on everytime we were in the room for more than 5 minutes.;)
317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

321.jpg

George didn't get any pictures of the fight with Darth Vader because he was busy taking video, which I'm so glad to have, not having been there. I didn't realize there was a photopass photographer there until after our trip seeing photopass pictures on another TR (Hi dismagiclover). I asked my DH if there had a been a photographer there and he said yes, but I had the card. I guess I hadn't shared with him that we could get multiple cards. Oh well. My little guy was clutching his certificate so proudly! While George and the girls went on their space tour, I took Ian to the bathroom to splash some water on his face and then find him something to drink. My goal was to cool him down quickly. When George and the girls got off the ride, my kids tried to ride away on speeder bikes!

330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg

We had a short while before our 2:45 lunch reservation, so we strolled the Streets of America.

333.jpg

334.jpg

We're singin in the rain..but we couldn't make it rain. We jumped up and down on that grate and nothing.
335.jpg

336.jpg

We decided to check in for our ADR at Sci Fi Dine-in Theater at 2:30 and to our surprise were seated right away. Seating was awkward here, being a family of 5. The three kids would have been too crowded together and George wanted to sit with me, so Amelia was on her own in a booth. I felt bad, but I shouldn't have worried. I think she was glad to be rid of all of us for a little while. I don't know why?:rolleyes1

338.jpg

I hate this picture of myself, but it shows how sweaty and slick we all were.
339.jpg

Even though we were on the DP we payed OOP for this meal. George, Amelia and I got cheeseburgers, onion rings, and vanilla Diet Cokes. Madeline had the turkey sandwich and I don't remember what Ian had. I do remember encouraging him to eat, but he was so engrossed in the movie clips that he just wasn't that interested in food. I'm so glad we got an ADR here. We all enjoyed our time at the drive in, Ian most of all. He thought eating lunch in a car with movies playing was just unbelievable. Our food was great, they make a good burger. Bellies full, feet rested and bodies cooled, we exited Sci Fi into the blazing sun. Where to next?

Next Post: The rest of our afternoon and a second DTD evening.

OK I am in love with your family! I just enjoy reading about your trip and the fun you had as a family. I really appreciate you sharing. We are going in Nov. and as I read your report I made the decision to do a late lunch at Sci-Fi and then be ready for Fantasmic at 6:30pm and then do a late dinner after Fantasmic! I hadn't even thought about a late lunch as an option until reading your report. See, not procrastination, planning tool gathering going on at my house:lmao: Looking forward to the next installment!

Dawn

Hi Christine! Great DHS updates!

I love the "king of the fastpass" pic...too funny!! :rotfl:

It amazes me every time how those CMs manage to get you in just the right spot so you can ride with your family...I guess you messed up their plan, huh? :lmao:

The Jedi Training was a fantastic surprise! I love all the pics of Ian wielding his light saber! :thumbsup2

We love Sci Fi! So glad you enjoyed it! It gets such mixed reviews, but I think the atmosphere in there is INCREDIBLE! It really feels like you are outside. My boys still talk about the movie clips we saw in 2007!

I have to agree with you on the Indiana Jones show....it's cool and I'm glad we took the boys to see it on our 2007 trip. But it was essentially the same show Jeff and I had seen on our honeymoon in 1992....so we opted to skip it this past trip. Sorry Ian didn't enjoy it. :sad2:

I need to go lie down for a few minutes..day 2 of VBS is over and it's been SO hot and humid here! If I have to "Get Down" one more time I might not get back up!! LOL!

Wow Wonderful updates. I love the spur of the moment things that happen like Ian becoming a Jedi. I'm sorry that you missed it though. :guilty: These are the moments that make us go back time and again. :lovestruc

We skipped Indiana Jones this past trip. We had seen it so many times. It doesn't change. But We still like it. We'll probably go next time.:woohoo:

Will wait for more.

Yay!! More updates today!!!:yay:

Ahh...I love the pictures with Sorcerer Mickey!! Ian is so adorable, posing like a rock star on the red carpet!!!:laughing: Too cute!!!;)

That's so awesome that Ian was picked for the Jedi Academy!!:thumbsup2 He must have been thrilled!!

Sci Fi looks like so much fun!! I've seen this place on alot of TR's lately and I sooo want to try it now!! I know the boys would absolutely love all the movie clips and think it was so cool to eat in a car!! I will definitely have to look into it!!:thumbsup2

Totally adorable pictures of Ian almost tackling Sorcereor Mickey:goodvibes Don't you just love those moments? That's why we all keep going back:) And :woohoo: that he got picked for Jedi Training and just on a whim too. Bummer that you missed it, but at least you have the pictures:goodvibes The way photopass worked there was this. We went up to the photopass guy afterwards and he just gave us a piiece of paper that had the Jedi Training showtime written on it. We then visited a Photopass location (we went to the one in the Beach Club lobby, but they have them in the park too.) Then they pulled up all the pictures from the show and we picked the ones of our boys. Not that this info does you any good now, but if you ever do it again now you know.
Sci Fi can be awkward seating for odd numbers. My kids are still little enough we put them all in one row, but that probably won't last much longer. Anyway, great updates!:thumbsup2

Oh my good gracious I cannot wait to get home and see your pics, but I just had to say first what a fabulous update this is! I was laughing in my office so loud I was getting quite the looks from people.... you hopping on TSM with a stranger (how you doin'?) and your family's jaws dropping while you fly away with the stranger :rotfl2: .... all Ian's antics :rotfl: with the hug for Mickey and the red carpet poses :rotfl2: .... and to top it off with a Jedi training experience!? :thumbsup2 Great stuff!!

What a great update!! I do love DHS its such a fun park!!! I have seen the TSM run and was in the middle of it and it did scare me, but I walked and tried to not get run over. LOL!

Sci Fi sounds so yummy!! I can't wait to have lunch there!!! I'm all about the hamburger and milkshake!!!

Great update I can't wait to read more!!!

Aww-Ian looks so blissed out with Sorcerer Mickey!:goodvibes

& how about him graduating from Jedi Academy-those pictures are priceless.:thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a good time at Sci-Fi-I think its a lot of fun but there are many people who complain about the food-I think the burgers and shakes are good and the atmosphere is a hoot.:3dglasses

Come on, Mom. dontcha know how to line up right? I bet they teased you about that one for a while, didn't they? Sounds exactly like something I would do, and I can assure you I would hear about it from my crew! :laughing:

Oh yes, they had a lot of laughs at my expense after that.:rolleyes:

It was nice to start my day with Toy Story pictures!
I agree with policing the running part. I have seen grown people running, not just teenagers and kids. I'm thinking, "Seriously? This is a ride, people, and we're all going to get on!" Walking at a brisk pace - okay - that's safe enough, but all out running just looks sorta crazy when you're forty!

ITA. No reason to run like a crazy person just to be first in line. We're not in Kindergarten any more.

I like Sissy's intent look while Ian is pin trading. That's cute. That's the kind of pictures I like - capturing things that really aren't the main focus of the picture.

Oh, that gave me a pang. Amelia is turning 10 tomorrow and my girls used to ALWAYS call each other Sissy. Where did the time go?:sad1:

I'm a Toy Story (the movie) fan, so I like all the toys they have at that open air shop. If I had the money, I'd have them all for Brooklynn to play with here at my house! :thumbsup2

Me too. It's my favorite Pixar movie.:goodvibes

Again, thanks for making this boring metting day start out as Toy Story Tuesday! :yay:

I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures for a change, MeMom, since your pictures have been enjoyed by so many of us.:thumbsup2

Good job at securing fastpasses and riding standby during the morning crush:thumbsup2 I was quite taken aback as well by the chaos of the TSMM rope drop. It made Soarin' look like a walk in the park! Anyway, it sounds like you're planning vibe is back and things are going great:goodvibes

Our DHS day was one of the best, planning wise AND crowd wise. Thanks TGM!

Wow you were up early for this post.:scared1:

I know! I woke up, couldn't get back to sleep, so decided to update.

I love the fact that in Andy's room the pink crayon hasn't been used. It is the background of one of your pics. :rotfl2: Imagineers crack me up.

Good eyes! I hadn't noticed that. How cute.:)

I love the fact that you got into a car with a stranger. Too funny! My DH would never have let me live that down. :rotfl:

Um yeah. My crew didn't let me easily forget it either.:laughing:

I did the run for TSM FP in June. What a mad house! I was glad that they at least had a line controlled by CMs. I know many people disagree, but I'm not sure what all the hoopla is about. Part of the problem is that because of this cool new ride, that puts 3 big draw rides in DHS which is the worst park to handle big crowds. I wonder how different it would have been had it been put in MK or Epcot???? I guess we will never know.
Anyway, love your update. My family and I are big fans of the Magic of Animation!!:love: Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

Hmm. Interesting. You may be right about that. We were glad we got to ride it, and twice at that, but riding twice would have been extremely difficult if we hadn't gotten there at rope drop. No ride is worth a two hour standby line!:scared1:

Oh..too funny about hitching a ride with a complete stranger.:lmao: Actually, if I knew that I was going to be riding alone--I would have probably done the same thing not realizing either:laughing:

I wonder what that poor man was thinking!:rotfl2:

We didn't make it to rope drop at DHS last trip, so we missed the craziness heading to the ride...whew!!:eek: Love all the pictures while you are waiting in line--so cute!! We missed seeing that last trip.:sad2: It sounds like you had great success with grabbing fastpasses and then getting in the stand-by line to ride. (only a 15 minute wait-yay!!):thumbsup2I think that will be our new strategy so we can ride twice next trip.;)
Another great update!! Can't wait for more.....

That strategy worked well for us this trip.:thumbsup2 TSM has one of the best queues in my opinion. There's so much to look at!

3 updates!! How exciting!

I love love love the pictures of Mickey bracing himself from Ian!!! :thumbsup2

Also excited for TS3. Can't wait to see Ken in it. That's going to be hilarious!

You always have cute and comfy looking shorts. Where do you find them all? And you guys are always very well-coordinated. I'm assuming that you plan that???

Gosh it sounds manic right before rope drop. Good on George for getting the FP's, love the pic btw

It really felt like everyone in DHS was headed to the same place!

Lol, I burst out laughing when I read that you sat next to a complete stranger. I can't tell whether you got off and rode with the family, or if you stayed on and rode it out.

Oh, I stayed put. There wasn't time to get off and I was trying very hard to pretend that I MEANT to be riding next to this man!:laughing:

Great update-you gave a very vivid description of the TSMM madness-:confused3-I don't get it either-(I mean I get wanting to ride it-very much actually-I don't get that whole madness-every man, woman and child for themselves...-it seems so UnDisney...not to mention a bit dangerous...:confused3

I know, I know. I don't get it either.:confused: It's a great ride, but it's just a ride, ya know?

Your pictures of the queueing area are delightful-I can't wait to see it...

Thanks. I think its one of the best queues in Disney.:)

So you are riding ride with strange men-huh? hmm....:rolleyes1-that's a great story...:lmao::lmao:

I like to live dangerously.;)

Cool-a new pressed penny machine we haven't used...:lmao:

Ooh, are your kids collectors? We thought they made great souvies.:goodvibes

Maddy took some nice photos-brave girl...I would so love to ride ToT-but alas I'm scared...

I'm with you, sister! Being dropped from a great height is NOT my idea of a good time!:scared1:

(It did look like Amelia Bedelia was the maid-but she probably just made them a pie at the end -didn't she always do that? -and they forgot about firing her...:lmao:)
Anxiously waiting update...popcorn::

Yes! I often wondered what she put in those cakes and pies.:rolleyes1

Awww!!! Ian is such a little cutie!! Those are some really great pictures of your family :thumbsup2
I was :rotfl: about your TSM ride with a complete stranger!! Did you beat him? :lmao:
I would think that they would let people do the fast walk to TSM like they do for EE or even when you go over to Tomorrowland for SM :confused3 It does seem quite dangerous?

Thank you.:goodvibes The Sorcerer Mickey meet was a memorable moment for sure. I actually do think I beat my complete stranger riding companion!:rotfl2:

OK I am in love with your family! I just enjoy reading about your trip and the fun you had as a family. I really appreciate you sharing. We are going in Nov. and as I read your report I made the decision to do a late lunch at Sci-Fi and then be ready for Fantasmic at 6:30pm and then do a late dinner after Fantasmic! I hadn't even thought about a late lunch as an option until reading your report. See, not procrastination, planning tool gathering going on at my house:lmao: Looking forward to the next installment!
Dawn

Aw, you're so sweet.:hug: We did mostly have a great time as a family. It's so much easier to enjoy each other when life's daily responsibilities and distractions aren't in our way. A late lunch time was all I could get for Sci-Fi, but it worked out really, really well. I'd do it that way again, but this time on purpose.:thumbsup2 Planning tool gathering-love it!:rotfl2:

Hi Christine! Great DHS updates!
I love the "king of the fastpass" pic...too funny!! :rotfl:

He was quite proud of himself, and rightly so.:thumbsup2

It amazes me every time how those CMs manage to get you in just the right spot so you can ride with your family...I guess you messed up their plan, huh? :lmao:

The CM was probably shaking her head at the knucklehead who messed up her plan.:laughing:

The Jedi Training was a fantastic surprise! I love all the pics of Ian wielding his light saber! :thumbsup2

One of his highlights, definitely.:thumbsup2

We love Sci Fi! So glad you enjoyed it! It gets such mixed reviews, but I think the atmosphere in there is INCREDIBLE! It really feels like you are outside. My boys still talk about the movie clips we saw in 2007!

It was Maddy's one and only repeat request from our last trip and we all loved it again. The clips are so fun and campy and the atmosphere is just so very Disney!:goodvibes

I have to agree with you on the Indiana Jones show....it's cool and I'm glad we took the boys to see it on our 2007 trip. But it was essentially the same show Jeff and I had seen on our honeymoon in 1992....so we opted to skip it this past trip. Sorry Ian didn't enjoy it. :sad2:

I was really surprised at how worried Ian became. It was just not that memorable a show to me.

I need to go lie down for a few minutes..day 2 of VBS is over and it's been SO hot and humid here! If I have to "Get Down" one more time I might not get back up!! LOL!

"Fear Not!":laughing: Is your VBS in the daytime or at night?

Wow Wonderful updates. I love the spur of the moment things that happen like Ian becoming a Jedi. I'm sorry that you missed it though. :guilty: These are the moments that make us go back time and again. :lovestruc
We skipped Indiana Jones this past trip. We had seen it so many times. It doesn't change. But We still like it. We'll probably go next time.:woohoo:
Will wait for more.

I was so surprised when I found out he'd been in the Jedi Academy. Luckily, George did a great job with the video camera, so I got to see it all later.:thumbsup2

Yay!! More updates today!!!:yay:
Ahh...I love the pictures with Sorcerer Mickey!! Ian is so adorable, posing like a rock star on the red carpet!!!:laughing: Too cute!!!;)

He is a funny, funny boy.:laughing:

That's so awesome that Ian was picked for the Jedi Academy!!:thumbsup2 He must have been thrilled!!

He was! He was given a certificate for completing his training and he would not let that thing go for love nor money!

Sci Fi looks like so much fun!! I've seen this place on alot of TR's lately and I sooo want to try it now!! I know the boys would absolutely love all the movie clips and think it was so cool to eat in a car!! I will definitely have to look into it!!:thumbsup2

Sci Fi is really another attraction, I think. It's so much fun.:goodvibes

Totally adorable pictures of Ian almost tackling Sorcereor Mickey:goodvibes Don't you just love those moments? That's why we all keep going back:) And :woohoo: that he got picked for Jedi Training and just on a whim too. Bummer that you missed it, but at least you have the pictures:goodvibes The way photopass worked there was this. We went up to the photopass guy afterwards and he just gave us a piiece of paper that had the Jedi Training showtime written on it. We then visited a Photopass location (we went to the one in the Beach Club lobby, but they have them in the park too.) Then they pulled up all the pictures from the show and we picked the ones of our boys. Not that this info does you any good now, but if you ever do it again now you know.
Sci Fi can be awkward seating for odd numbers. My kids are still little enough we put them all in one row, but that probably won't last much longer. Anyway, great updates!:thumbsup2

You mean we could have gotten the photopass pictures AFTER the event?:eek: Oh well. At least George got some. I think Amelia was more than a little happy to have that whole row to herself.;)

Oh my good gracious I cannot wait to get home and see your pics, but I just had to say first what a fabulous update this is! I was laughing in my office so loud I was getting quite the looks from people.... you hopping on TSM with a stranger (how you doin'?) and your family's jaws dropping while you fly away with the stranger :rotfl2: .... all Ian's antics :rotfl: with the hug for Mickey and the red carpet poses :rotfl2: .... and to top it off with a Jedi training experience!? :thumbsup2 Great stuff!!

Our DHS day was one of our most memorable, for sure.:goodvibes I was doubly embarassed when I realized that the man's wife and daughter were sitting on the other side of the vehicle! The woman was probably wondering who this shameless hussy was trying to move in on her man!:laughing:

I'm excited for Toy Story 3 too!!
I love the Sorcerer Mickey story. How cute of Ian!

Me too, LL, me too!! I was completely surprised by the level of enthusiasm Ian showed for Sorcerer Mickey, but I thought it was cute too.:goodvibes

What a great update!! I do love DHS its such a fun park!!! I have seen the TSM run and was in the middle of it and it did scare me, but I walked and tried to not get run over. LOL!

People can be a little on the insane side, if you ask me. I love DHS too, its a nice small park with so much to look at and explore.:goodvibes

Sci Fi sounds so yummy!! I can't wait to have lunch there!!! I'm all about the hamburger and milkshake!!
Great update I can't wait to read more!!!

I can't speak to the shakes, since we didn't get them, but the burgers were very, very good.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter