There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Love you PP pics. :love: My favs are the one with TInk.
Could you explain the "share" thing or point me to a thread that would explain it to me?? I've never heard of that before.
Thanks,

Thanks.:)Shares can be found on the budget board. Explanation coming up!

I love your photopass pics! My fav is the last one where you're about to eat Tink :rotfl2:. No seriously, those are great! I've never even considered the photopasses before, but for sixteen bucks you have over 100 pictures?! That's fantastic! Too late for this trip but definately will look into for December 2010.

A share worked out really well for us.:thumbsup2

Good Photopass pictures!
Cute picture of the animals talking over park plans, but I am surprised it was not Mushsu who was trying to be the boss of everyone! :)
The garden, landscaping, and waterfalls in Canada are so pretty.

Hi MeMom! Are you home? I'll have to scoot over to your PTR to see.:) You're right, it should have been Mushu trying to be the boss. Maybe the other animals had already kicked him out of leadership!:laughing:

I love your photopass pictures! They are super cute! :goodvibes

Thank you, LL.:goodvibes

You have the cutest family! I love all your photopass pictures. They turned out really nice.

Aw, thanks so much! It's nice to have some pictures of all of us.:)

Subbing on...better late than never...:confused3-I've gotten half through...have another half to catch up on...
WE will have to make sure we don't engage in any random dancing at Disney either...:lmao:
I'm enjoying your trip report so far...We're going to be staying at the AKL this time (& having lunch at Sanaa our last day-so I loved your review...and I'd love to stay at the Beach Club-awesome looking pool...:cloud9:)
Your family looks lovely...

Hi! :welcome: Thanks for dropping in. I've "seen" you around on some of the reports I read.:goodvibes AKL is so beautiful! I'm off to check out your report.:)

Photopass shares are great.... and yes it was terribly hot! I love the Simba one too!

I agree! I was nervous when I first signed up and almost backed out. I'm so glad I didn't!

It's so cool that all 5 of you are in all of those photos. That's what makes Photopass makes sense to me. Can you please explain the "share" situation more? We got some pictures taken on Photopass but we didn't do it enough to make it worth it to buy the CD. Of course, there were maybe 3 pictures that I loved but didn't get because it was too expensive. Thanks in advance!

Explanation of how a share works coming up!:thumbsup2

Thanks.:goodvibes

I caught on late, but I love your report! :yay:

Welcome, welcome! Thanks for joining in.:) You have 3 trips planned?! How awesome!

Wow! So you're in temporary housing now? Did you move very far down the Gulf? I love that side of Florida!

My DH started his job 2 months ago and his company has been putting him up in an apartment so that is where we are staying right now. We close on our new house next week though... thank goodness!

And we are in Panama City Beach. It's sort of mid-panhandle. Loving it so far! Wish we were closer to the mouse though.. it's about 6 hours. Oh well, we are closer than we were in NC, and A LOT closer than we were in MI!

Now... about that photopass share... I'm anxious to read what you say. I know of someone who did that and got ripped off. :rolleyes: We bought one on our own because of that and I really didn't take enough advantage of it. We had a lot of pictures but not enough to justify spending so much.

249.jpg

Apparently Elephant is the OCD planner in this group and was telling the others the theme park game plan..... And how could a good plan go so terribly wrong?

The mousekeepers can be so clever!
I know how it is to be the OCD elephant of the group!! :laughing:
(Too bad my audience doesn't sit in such rapt attention!!)

Every TR has that one post that we all dread writing.... :hug:

Oh, I liked this last one a lot!

Kathy

My DH started his job 2 months ago and his company has been putting him up in an apartment so that is where we are staying right now. We close on our new house next week though... thank goodness!

Good luck with that.:)

And we are in Panama City Beach. It's sort of mid-panhandle. Loving it so far! Wish we were closer to the mouse though.. it's about 6 hours. Oh well, we are closer than we were in NC, and A LOT closer than we were in MI!

Hmm. My family spent one spring break at Ft. Walton Beach when I was a teen. Are they close? Yea, I'd take a 6 hour drive to WDW any day!:rotfl:

Now... about that photopass share... I'm anxious to read what you say. I know of someone who did that and got ripped off. :rolleyes: We bought one on our own because of that and I really didn't take enough advantage of it. We had a lot of pictures but not enough to justify spending so much.

I know, they don't always go so smoothly and it takes a good deal of trust to join one. I only started to feel really comfortable when I'd read about the other completed shares our leader had already led, and the price just couldn't be beat.

The mousekeepers can be so clever!
I know how it is to be the OCD elephant of the group!! :laughing:
(Too bad my audience doesn't sit in such rapt attention!!)

Yep, I know that elephant too.:rotfl:

Every TR has that one post that we all dread writing.... :hug:

Ugh. Thanks for the support.:goodvibes

Oh, I liked this last one a lot!

Thank you.:goodvibes

Kathy

Awesome Photopass pics Christine! I love the Tink one! The facial expressions make the picture. :goodvibes

Thank you Missy!:goodvibes

Welcome, welcome! Thanks for joining in.:) You have 3 trips planned?! How awesome!

I do have 3 trips planned- one is just a solo weekend in January for me, though. The first one is in 52 days & the other is in December 2010. We may be planning a HUGE family one next August, too! I never get to go on a long trip because of work, so I try to take a bunch of short ones. My explanation to my non-Disney friends, however, is, "I have to get my money's worth out of my annual pass, you know". :rotfl:
I really am enjoying your trip report. I love what Mousekeeping did with the toys- so cute! I am looking forward to reading more!!

After our longish snooze it was time for a little splashing in SAB and then Epcot began to call our name. By the time we were dressed and had strolled over the International Gateway, it was 6:30. We discussed dinner, but none of us was even remotely hungry due, I think, to our protein packed steak lunches and the heat. We decided we'd get dinner later. This is important. Anyway, we took our KP tickets to the kiosk nearest to the UK and got our kimmunicators and missions. France was in trouble! I'm so glad we split our family into two teams, because sharing that kimmunicator between two children was hard enough. Maddy and George were one team and the two youngers and I were the other team.

251.jpg

252.jpg

I was pretty sure George and Madeline would be done way before we were, but I was wrong. I won't give away any of the real clues, but at one point, after Amelia, Ian and I were around the third clue, Madeline came up to us and asked us if we'd found Club de Lay. I just started laughing. When you get to the bottom of a screen that has an OK button, you're supposed to push OK and hear what comes next. My DH and DD hadn't pushed OK and were looking for a completely nonexistent Club de Lay.:laughing: Needless to say, we filled them in on their mistake, but we finished first.:yay:Who me, competitive?:rolleyes1 All three kids loved the KP mission and would have happily done more, especially Ian, who looked like he was on the verge of upsettedness (YES, its a word! I'm using my poetic liscence!;)), but we told them we had other fun things to do. I took a few pictures on our way to Future World.

254.jpg

255.jpg

Off Kilter was playing, but we only stopped for a minute.
256.jpg

258.jpg

We wanted to talk to a turtle, so we made our way over to the Seas where we found that the doors were just about to be shut on Turtle Talk with Crush. We scurried in, the kids sat on the floor in the front and George and I took seats way in the back. What a cute show! We were amazed at the technology involved. Crush began taking questions from the kids and his second question was directed to the "mini man" with the brown hair. We couldn't see the kids from where we were sitting, so we were surprised when we heard Ian asking Crush how turtles swim. After answering his question he asked Ian what he wore to the beach. Ian told him a swimsuit. Crush told everyone that Squirt had told him what people wore to the beach and then came out in a bikini top. He asked Ian if he'd wear that and when Ian said no he asked why not. Ian yells out, "Beacause that's a bra!" I was so proud!:laughing:

We must have ridden in the clam shells again before Crush.
261.jpg

I think these guys are cool.
262.jpg

So far our evening was going very well and we were all having a good time. We decided to take a ride on Mission:Space. We all love this, and since none of us is prone to motion sickness, we do the orange version. The stand by line for orange was pretty short so we got a child swap ticket and I hopped in line with the girls. George took these with Ian while the girls and I went on our mission to Mars.

265.jpg

266.jpg

266.jpg

263.jpg

Amelia was only interested in riding once, so she Ian and I hung out near the exit to Mission:Space in the playground area. I looked at the time while we waited for George and Maddy to come back to Earth and realized it was almost 8:20! We had FP for Test Track and a set of FP for Soarin' still to use. We all walked quickly to TT and got our child swap ticket. George rode first with the girls this time while Ian and I checked out the gift shop, the car wash and the show room. At this point I was starting to get agitated. I had completely underestimated how long attractions would take, especially with a child swap, and now Illuminations was about to start, which we would miss, and there was no way we would get to use those Soarin' FPs. There wasn't even time to give them away. I wasn't even sure I'd get to ride Test Track. Ian and I watched the first few explosions from Illuminations and then turned around to see the CMs closing TT. George and the girls weren't even out yet. At this point Ian began complaining that he was hungry. Let's see. It's now 9:00 and none of us has eaten since our 11:30 lunch. Yep, I can imagine that you're hungry, buddy. Once my girls and DH finished their ride, we needed to find food. Earlier, I'd envisioned a leisurely CS dinner in the WS. Now, I knew we just needed to find something, anything. At home, I keep a box of granola bars in the car for hunger emergencies, but with my youngest being 4, I don't carry snacks on me most of the time anymore. I knew we'd be surrounded by food in DW so I didn't worry about it. Well, as we made our way around the WS and it became clear that all of the CS places were CLOSED, I was wishing I'd brought a few emergency snacks. Illuminations ended and throngs of people began marching out of the park, luckily going the opposite way as us, but the crowds were still bugging me! Have you ever seen a grown woman pout? I became silent and when my family tried to make positive, constructive suggestions, I shot them down. NOTHING was going to work! We walked all the way around that lagoon, from Mexico to the IG, without finding a thing open and I didn't come out of my funk and become a grown up again until we got to France. Amelia put her little arm around me and said, "Don't worry, Mom, I just prayed that the Marketplace would be open when we get back to the BC." Well that was the kick I needed. I thanked her and told her, and everyone, that if the Marketplace did happen to be closed we had a car and we'd find an open drive through somewhere, not to worry. Speaking of the car, George had to go get it from the Epcot parking lot while I walked with the kiddos back to the BC where, thank goodness the Marketplace was open! Madeline decided to have her left over half of Prime Rib sandwich from lunch, I ordered the rest of us sandwiches and gelato. We ate in our room and then hit the hay. It had been an emotionally exhausting evening and we needed some sleep. We would be at DHS rope drop in the morning. I was hoping my planning would work out better there than it had this evening.

Next Post: The force is strong at DHS and the TSM maniacs

:hug:

When I'm hungry, there is nothing that is going to cheer me up until I have food. :laughing:

That is a bummer that you were not able to fit in TT and Soarin'....I can imagine with the child swap passes it does take quite a bit of time.

I can't wait to hear about DHS! :thumbsup2

I revert to the petulant child inside of me at times! I can relate! ;)

How sweet that Amelia was able to put it all in perspective for you. Leave it to the kids to put us in our place! And a testament to you as a mom that she had full confidence that her prayer was all that was needed! **pat on the back**

We enjoyed KP as well. We did try to share the Kimmunicator with all three boys and that is something we will do differently in the future. Of course they all want to see and push the buttons, etc! Our missions were in Norway and China...I would like to do France or Germany next time! :goodvibes

Ok..so you're telling me that you don't do roller coasters but you ride the Orange version of MS???? I don't even attempt that ride..it makes my stomach churn just thinking about it!! :laughing:

Great update...and if this is the worst of it, I'd say you made out well!! Can't wait to read more!

As I was reading this update I was really impressed that you were getting so much done even though you didn't arrive until 6:30. What I didn't realize is that you were still holding Soarin' and TT fastpasses! It is amazing how fast time flies at Epcot. I think because it involves lots of walking and the rides are major productions. I don't know why they don't leave a few CS places open after Illuminations. You know people would spend money! I guess they just want to clear people out as fast as possible. How precious of Amelia to tell you she prayed for the Marketplace to be open. Out of the mouth of babes:goodvibes Alls well that ends well and it sounds like most of the night was fabulous!

I had a similar moment in MK. I wanted the kiddies to sit on the bench by the stone wall around the castle for a picture. They didn't want to. My oldest wouldn't smile because he doesn't like the look of his teeth, :rolleyes: my daughter was just kinda hanging there wilting in the heat, and my youngest was about to trip over his lower lip he was pouting so. After a few minutes of trying to get all three enthused enough to take a half decent picture, I gave up and we moved on. Nothing they said could shake my mini funk until my youngest piped up that he wanted to go back to the bench and take the picture so that I wouldn't be sad anymore :guilty:

Time does seem to fly at Epcot, doesn't it! Good to know about splitting up for the Kimmunicators, do you remember how long the mission to save France was all saying?

How awesome Ian got to talk to Crush!

It sounds like you had lots of fun w/ Kim Possible! I've heard mixed reviews about it--but we are determined to try it when we go back.;)

How great that Ian got to talk to Crush!! It's such a cool show.:goodvibes

Ahh...sorry you didn't get to ride TT or Soarin'.:sad2: This alone would have made me grumpy!! But to add on the crowds after Illumination and being hungry!! UGH!! I totally understand how you must have been feeling, especially when you had your heart set on a leisurely dinner in the WS. That was very sweet of Amelia to pray that the Marketplace would be open. Sometimes that all it takes is for one of your kids to say something to make you feel all better.:goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing about DHS.popcorn::

You don't carry emergency snacks at WDW??? I am so showing this segment of your TR to my DH. He always laughs at me that I carry snacks into the parks when there is so many options in the parks. See...it's times like this that make me happy about my emergency snacks!

So glad that Ian got to talk to Crush! What a fun memory for him. I still want to know how they do that?!?! Same technology as Laugh Floor...don't get how they do that either.

upsettedness :)

Oh there is nothing worse thank being tired, hungry and nothing is open!

ITA about how long things can take in Epcot. So glad that the marketplace was open!

KP sounds like it was a lot of fun, adorable pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can relate, if something doesn't go to plan I get in a mood and DF has a hard time getting me out of my funk. Glad the Marketplace was open.

Turtle Talk sounds cool, Crush and Squirt are my fav characters from Finding Nemo, love the "give me some fin, noggin" :)

Looking forward to hearing more :)

:hug:

When I'm hungry, there is nothing that is going to cheer me up until I have food. :laughing:

I'm sure part of my grumpiness was due to low blood sugar, for sure.

That is a bummer that you were not able to fit in TT and Soarin'....I can imagine with the child swap passes it does take quite a bit of time.

Yes, and I was irritated with myself for not taking the extra time into consideration. I would have loved to ride Soarin' again.:lovestruc

I can't wait to hear about DHS! :thumbsup2

It was definitely a better day!

I revert to the petulant child inside of me at times! I can relate! ;)
How sweet that Amelia was able to put it all in perspective for you. Leave it to the kids to put us in our place! And a testament to you as a mom that she had full confidence that her prayer was all that was needed! **pat on the back**

Aw, thanks.:hug: I was impressed with her faith and felt bad that she felt like she had to "step up." Time for me to be the grown up!:)

We enjoyed KP as well. We did try to share the Kimmunicator with all three boys and that is something we will do differently in the future. Of course they all want to see and push the buttons, etc! Our missions were in Norway and China...I would like to do France or Germany next time! :goodvibes

We did a mission in China on Sunday.:thumbsup2

Ok..so you're telling me that you don't do roller coasters but you ride the Orange version of MS???? I don't even attempt that ride..it makes my stomach churn just thinking about it!! :laughing:

You've got it right. What keeps me off of rollercoasters isn't my stomach, its bald faced fear!:laughing:

Great update...and if this is the worst of it, I'd say you made out well!! Can't wait to read more!

As I was reading this update I was really impressed that you were getting so much done even though you didn't arrive until 6:30. What I didn't realize is that you were still holding Soarin' and TT fastpasses! It is amazing how fast time flies at Epcot. I think because it involves lots of walking and the rides are major productions.

Yes, the rides are long, which is a good thing, but I just didn't plan enough time and it did just fly by!

I don't know why they don't leave a few CS places open after Illuminations. You know people would spend money!

I was so surprised. I assumed that since the WS is open later than FW, that things IN WS would be open later also.:confused:

I guess they just want to clear people out as fast as possible. How precious of Amelia to tell you she prayed for the Marketplace to be open. Out of the mouth of babes:goodvibes Alls well that ends well and it sounds like most of the night was fabulous!

Amelia can be a very sweet child, and she seems to be the most sensitive to people's moods. We had some very nice moments early in the evening, and even after we got back to the BC. We were all so happy to find some food finally!:laughing:

I had a similar moment in MK. I wanted the kiddies to sit on the bench by the stone wall around the castle for a picture. They didn't want to. My oldest wouldn't smile because he doesn't like the look of his teeth, :rolleyes: my daughter was just kinda hanging there wilting in the heat, and my youngest was about to trip over his lower lip he was pouting so. After a few minutes of trying to get all three enthused enough to take a half decent picture, I gave up and we moved on. Nothing they said could shake my mini funk until my youngest piped up that he wanted to go back to the bench and take the picture so that I wouldn't be sad anymore :guilty:

Sounds like you've got a sensitive soul on your hands, too. I guess sometimes it takes our children acting like grown ups to force us to stop acting like children.:)

Time does seem to fly at Epcot, doesn't it! Good to know about splitting up for the Kimmunicators, do you remember how long the mission to save France was all saying?

I'm so glad we split up. I think otherwise we might have had WW III on our hands! I think France was safe again in about 20 min., maybe 25.:thumbsup2

How awesome Ian got to talk to Crush!

It really was a great moment for him.:goodvibes

The childswap is great, but it takes a while, so I totally know what you mean. Plus I think while the rides are not that long the preshow stuff just makes time disappear. I know what you mean about not carrying snacks.... we are a long way from that, and maybe I will just remember to have some on standby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter