There is NO random dancing at Disney! A June TR *NEW 9/19 *FINAL THOUGHTS*

Another great update. I love the costumes that Ian picked out. :love: He really took his time. That is cool. :hippie:

I don't get the draw to the sugar in the tube either. But kids certainly like them.

Can't wait for more.popcorn::

:lmao::lmao::lmao: The guys waiting for their wives to finish shopping! Good one:thumbsup2
Don't I know how it is to have a 4 year old with money in their pocket. Immediate gratification is what it is all about at that age:rotfl: He made a great buy with those costumes though. My boys would love those.
How did I not know about this Basin store:confused3 I love smelly stuff and I'd love it even more if it was decorated with Mickey:cool1: Definitely going to have to check that out.
Great update. Can't wait for more

It sounds like you had a fun night in DTD.:thumbsup2 Great pictures!! Wow! especially the one of Ian with the sword--oh my that looks like a close one!! (great illusion!!)

I've never had a chance to check out Basin.:sad2: I can't even get near the store, because my boys are always pulling me in another direction...toward WOD or Lego...hmm.... after seeing your pictures--it's a must do for next trip!!:thumbsup2 I love the Mickey soaps!!:lovestruc

We always finish DTD with a snack at Goofy's!;) The boys love it there!!

Looking forward to your next update.....Echipot??:rotfl:

Ian had money burning a proverbial hole in his pocket.

I could easily write this about Connor -- the boy cannot hold onto money!

These guys were dying to get some shopping done. Or maybe they are still waiting for their wives to finish shopping.

198.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sometimes I feel like that if the kids are taking forever to make decisions.

Oh no, it's the dreaded mongrel invader Amelia!
201.jpg

He he! Chelsea and Connor are always sword fighting as well -- something about being siblings, I guess! :rolleyes:

I filled a paper board tube with 5 medium bath bombs, and picked two Mickey soaps. I couldn't decide on one because they both smell wonderful.

Mickey head soaps
IMG_2357.jpg

I can't quite bring myself to unwrap them, though.:rolleyes:

That's always my problem, too. I usually wait until the month before our trip and then use it -- that way I know I will be able to get more soon.

Honestly, I like these guys as much, if not more than my kiddos. Every few days we make a couple of new characters and set them up in the family room to enjoy. I guess I should act my age, huh?:rolleyes:

Nah, acting our age is overrated!

Great shopping trip! I can't wait to get into Basin! I love fun bath stuff.

Can you believe we have never stopped in the Lego store? It looks so fun in there.

Great purchases and great pictures.

What a great evening!! You guys had soooo much fun! One of my favorite things to do is to wander the shops and get goofy pics. :laughing: Ian is a very good swordsman to get that close to his sister's eye... a good ninja needs great fighting skills And score on the costume chest! Does he wear the braid? :rotfl:

He used to wear the braid, but since he's never seen the movies, he's decided that must have been a mistake because braids are for girls.:rolleyes:

I've never been to Basin. Well correction, I've been to the front door of Basin but never gone inside. One whiff from the hubby had him going the opposite direction and silly me said we'd come back another time. Another time, coming up!

It's such a nice break after the craziness of WofD or the Lego Store. It was very peaceful feeling and smelling and uncrowded. I think the girls and I smelled every single bath bomb.:laughing:

Love the guys waiting for their wives to come back from shopping! :lmao: Gotta look for that one... may I borrow your line when we see it?

Echipot? :lmao:

Borrow away.:rotfl:
Another great update. I love the costumes that Ian picked out. :love: He really took his time. That is cool. :hippie:
He's a very decisive shopper. He definitely knows "it" when he sees it. The costumes are cool.
I don't get the draw to the sugar in the tube either. But kids certainly like them.
ITA! Although, I'll tell you we made one more trip to DTD and everyone got make your own goodies at Goofy's. There was major pretzel rod envy when we got back to the resort.:laughing:
Can't wait for more.popcorn::
:lmao: The guys waiting for their wives to finish shopping! Good one:thumbsup2
Don't I know how it is to have a 4 year old with money in their pocket. Immediate gratification is what it is all about at that age:rotfl: He made a great buy with those costumes though. My boys would love those.
How did I not know about this Basin store:confused3 I love smelly stuff and I'd love it even more if it was decorated with Mickey Definitely going to have to check that out.
Great update. Can't wait for more
Ian initially really wanted to buy a safari kit at AK that looked like it could be purchased at the dollar store and would be completely disappointing when he opened it, but I told him we didn't have his money that day.:rolleyes: I thought he picked well here too.
It sounds like you had a fun night in DTD.:thumbsup2 Great pictures!! Wow! especially the one of Ian with the sword--oh my that looks like a close one!! (great illusion!!)
We did have fun, although it was a bit crowded.
I've never had a chance to check out Basin.:sad2: I can't even get near the store, because my boys are always pulling me in another direction...toward WOD or Lego...hmm.... after seeing your pictures--it's a must do for next trip!!:thumbsup2 I love the Mickey soaps!!:lovestruc
Maybe DH will take them into Once Upon a Toy and you can have some alone time with the pretty, smelly stuff!:goodvibes
We always finish DTD with a snack at Goofy's!;) The boys love it there!!
I do to!!:yay:
Looking forward to your next update.....Echipot??:rotfl:
Yep, Echipot.
I love all your purchases!! I really want to get some Mr. Potato Head parts!
Thank you LL!! I was feeling like a freak liking those potato head parts so much.:rotfl:

The big ones freak me out, but I thought the babies were very cute.:cutie:

They babies are pretty cute, with their stripes and eyes that seem to be too big for the rest of them. :lmao: They have a big tank of baby alligators at the zoo here in New Orleans. The tank has them at eye level, and they just stare at you. :rotfl2:

I LOVE Basin! I have a stash of bath bombs because I am slow to use them. :thumbsup2 There are (were?) 3 Basin stores in the country: DTD @ Disneyland, DTD @ WDW, and the Mall of America. I have been to all three. :rotfl:

I agree, World of Disney is a great store with lots of stuff but the crowds! :scared:

Those Mickey soaps are so cute!! And they would look perfect in my Mickey guest bathroom. :goodvibes

Looking forward to Echipot! :lmao:

I love your report it keeps making me giggle. I am a nanny and I often will Yell out Random Dancing (gotta love Icarly) to the kids as a distraction when they are fighting or being whiny. They giggle and dance and peace is restored. Your daughters are beautiful I love thier hair, I wo0uld give anything for hair that color (that didn't end up with roots in a few weeks lol)!

Ooooooooh Basin!!! I bought both of those soaps!! I still have the yellow one (vanilla) and I think the red was ginger ale? :goodvibes Beware b/c the red made a bit of a mess I think. Love the bath bombs too!!!!! I also bought some kind of loofah with soap in them? They smell good but they hurt!! :rotfl:
Love your potato heads!! So cute! ;)

Tracy

I could easily write this about Connor -- the boy cannot hold onto money!
Amelia's the same way. Maybe its the age?:confused3
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Sometimes I feel like that if the kids are taking forever to make decisions.
I was picturing George in the American Girl store a couple of years ago.:laughing:
He he! Chelsea and Connor are always sword fighting as well -- something about being siblings, I guess! :rolleyes:
When Amelia and Ian sword fight, or light saber fight, it rarely ends well.:sad2:
That's always my problem, too. I usually wait until the month before our trip and then use it -- that way I know I will be able to get more soon.
I wish we had a trip planned because getting it out in anticipation is a great idea. I think we'll do a Disney evening in the fall, watch video from our trip, make some Disney food and crack open one of the soaps.
Nah, acting our age is overrated!
That's good, because I'm not sure I could even if I tried.:rotfl:
Great shopping trip! I can't wait to get into Basin! I love fun bath stuff.
I love bath stuff too. Whenever we make it to Chicago we make sure to hit Lush, which has some of the same types of things Basin has. Heaven.:cloud9:
Can you believe we have never stopped in the Lego store? It looks so fun in there.
It is fun. There is some type of race track outside for lego cars and some areas for kids to build with legos. I was disappointed we didn't get pictures with more of the giant lego statues outside, but I knew they wouldn't come out well in the dark.
Great purchases and great pictures.
Thank you.:)
How come I've never noticed Basin before???? :confused3
I don't know. I'm directionally challenged so I probably won't be any help telling you where it is.:laughing:
Nice buys!!!!
I was happy with our loot.:thumbsup2
They babies are pretty cute, with their stripes and eyes that seem to be too big for the rest of them. :lmao: They have a big tank of baby alligators at the zoo here in New Orleans. The tank has them at eye level, and they just stare at you. :rotfl2:
Aww. Don't you just want to take one home?;)
I LOVE Basin! I have a stash of bath bombs because I am slow to use them. :thumbsup2 There are (were?) 3 Basin stores in the country: DTD @ Disneyland, DTD @ WDW, and the Mall of America. I have been to all three. :rotfl:
That's awesome!! I haven't used any of my bombs yet. Maddy put hers in the bath for just a few seconds so she could use it again.:laughing:
I agree, World of Disney is a great store with lots of stuff but the crowds! :scared:
I'm not a big fan of being crowded when I shop, especially if I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.
Those Mickey soaps are so cute!! And they would look perfect in my Mickey guest bathroom. :goodvibes
A Mickey guest bathroom sounds really cute. Sounds like a trip to Basin is in order.:goodvibes
Looking forward to Echipot! :lmao:
Echipot coming soon.:thumbsup2

I love your report it keeps making me giggle. I am a nanny and I often will Yell out Random Dancing (gotta love Icarly) to the kids as a distraction when they are fighting or being whiny. They giggle and dance and peace is restored. Your daughters are beautiful I love thier hair, I wo0uld give anything for hair that color (that didn't end up with roots in a few weeks lol)!

Welcome and thanks for the kind words. You're so sweet.:goodvibes Good idea to use the random dancing for a distraction. I could have used it today.:headache: Usually I just make the fighting kids hug each other until they're giggling with each other and all of their animosity is turned on me.:rolleyes:

Ooooooooh Basin!!! I bought both of those soaps!! I still have the yellow one (vanilla) and I think the red was ginger ale? :goodvibes Beware b/c the red made a bit of a mess I think. Love the bath bombs too!!!!! I also bought some kind of loofah with soap in them? They smell good but they hurt!! :rotfl:
Love your potato heads!! So cute! ;)

Tracy

Yes, ginger ale it is.:thumbsup2Thanks for the heads up on the red soap. I'll probably keep that one in my bathroom.;) Oh no! Bath products shouldn't hurt. Well, except for that darn heel file thing I have to use during flip flop season.:rolleyes: Did you see the dry shampoo bars? I was intrigued by those. They sounded like they might be perfect for travel.

Oh my goodness! I'm like 6 pages behind. I lost 6 days of posting somehow (and my brain, it's the heat I guess). Wow!

Our server, whose name I didn’t get, was attentive but not overly warm. The restaurant itself is beautiful, but it felt crowded. That may have been why I didn’t take any pictures until dessert, so I apologize. The food? Awesome! Honestly, probably the best of the whole week. Madeline picked the shrimp and scallops, panko breaded shrimp with pan seared sea scallops. George and I were both torn between the same two things, so we each ordered one and shared. I picked the tuna oscar, which was seared rare tuna topped with tempura fried jumbo lump crab and fried green tomato. George got the miso glazed mahi-mahi with soba noodles and bok choy. Ian had the grilled chicken strips and Amelia got the kids hot dog meal. Everyone was very happy. I've read that the steak is wonderful here also, but if you like seafood, this place is a great value.

We had the same experience. Adequate but not warm service and AMAZING food! Oh I love that tuna oscar! I almost got the mahi, Dh had the steak. SO good! The kids fish was mahi though, what a great deal!

Dinner over, we were heading back to the Magic Kingdom.
Madeline asked nicely so we let her have the whole bunch of balloons.;)
153.jpg

cute pic!

Ian..............wanted to ride it again right NOW!! I couldn't believe it. The boy who was traumatized by Goofy's Barnstormer wasn't even fazed by the Haunted Mansion. We told him we'd try to make it back, but we had some Buzz Lightyear fast passes from that morning to use.

At this point Ian looked around in wonder and said, " I didn't know you were going to let us stay up late and go on rides!" He's clearly a Magic Kingdom at night fan too.:cloud9:

awww....isn't it funny to see what they like and what scares them and then the unexpected surprise of staying up way past bedtimes :)

We all began to feel a little "peckish" and I was determined to try a snack I'd read about for months. A Dole Whip! The stand, in Adventureland, wasn't too mobbed. George, Madeline and Ian went to the restroom and found a bench while Amelia and I stood in line. George and I got floats, Amelia got a regular Dole whip, Maddy had a pineapple/vanilla swirl and Ian had regular vanilla. The pineapple soft serve was so delicious and refreshing. It lived up to its hype, but I wouldn't do the float again. I didn't like the pineapple juice on its own very much. After our snack, it was time to go. It had been a long day, but tomorrow we could sleep in. We were staying at the resort. It would be a Beach Club day!

I want to try this one of these days but fear I will pretty much have the same reaction to it.

I’d been looking forward to this day since before we left home, our resort day!! Ahhh, Storm Along Bay, you have my heart.:cloud9: We spent a good 4 or 5 hours just enjoying that marvelous pool. Ian discovered the small water slide near the entrance to the big pirate ship water slide and went down it at least 30 times. The rest of us took turns braving the big water slide. We floated around the "lazy" river, which is actually about 8 feet deep. Since the temperatures were so high, the river was the most refreshing part of the pool. We dug our feet into the sandy pool bottom. We explored. Lunch was from Hurricane Hannah's. I can't remember what George got, but Amelia and Ian got grilled cheese kids meals and Madeline and I got the most delicious chicken wraps. We both had half left to save. I read a little. Perfect.:cloud9:

what a perfect day! I SOOOOO want to take the kids to SAB someday but it just doesn't make sense for this next trip, sadly.

We all went back up to the room finally, took short naps and showers and got ready for our dinner reservation right there in our own resort: Cape May Cafe! We were psyched for a clam bake.

We waited for just a few minutes after we checked in and then were led to our table. We really liked the airy, beachy feel of CMC and immediately got in line at the buffet. Or attempted to. The buffet situation was not cool. Except for some of the desserts, everything is set up in a rectangle. There were CMs directing people into lines for either salads, seafood or other entrees, but it felt a little mob like. Luckily, the crowds cleared out pretty quickly. The food was good. We got a couple of buckets of mussels and clams, and bunches of peel and eat shrimp. I'd seen pictures of crab legs in another TR, but there weren't any when we were there. Kids selections were fine, and the desserts were great! Oreo bon bons? Oh so good. And peanut butter blondies! Yumm-o! Once we were satisfied, we bid adieu to Cape May Cafe. How would we spend our evening? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Next Post: How our "day off" evening was spent

that sounds a little nutty to get to the actual food. I would like to go there although I think it's on my list for breakfast this next trip instead of dinner. We will see!

This post is only loosely Disney related, but I just had to share it. I hope you all don't mind. Here are a few pictures from a recent "field trip" my family took.

IMG_2369.jpg

Did we go back to Florida? Nope.

Maddy holding a lizard, sorry I can't remember which type.
IMG_2365.jpg

Look closely, she's got eyelashes, so she must be a girl, right CP?
IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

The animals on the safari are trained to march back into shelters, which the public can't see, at the end of the day. His daughter came back and taught her dad the same training techniques, including using the different colored sticks for separating an animal from the group, that she'd learned at Animal Kingdom. Isn't that cool? We'll definitely be back and will remember the Disney connection every time.:goodvibes

Oh my goodness, how cool! What great trivia.

Amelia found her special plushie. Her Lady needed a Tramp!

I know I downloaded a picture of him, but can't find it at the moment. I'll Ahh, bath products.:cloud9:

Maddy bought three bath bombs, one each for her two best friends and one for herself. I filled a paper board tube with 5 medium bath bombs, and picked two Mickey soaps. I couldn't decide on one because they both smell wonderful.

Mickey head soaps
IMG_2357.jpg

I can't quite bring myself to unwrap them, though.:rolleyes:
IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

This turned out to be a worthwhile purchase. He's played with his costumes nearly every day.

We bought the big Mr Potato Head container that can be stuffed full of different pieces. The bodies we already had.
IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

Honestly, I like these guys as much, if not more than my kiddos. Every few days we make a couple of new characters and set them up in the family room to enjoy. I guess I should act my age, huh?:rolleyes:

Finished with our shopping for the night, it was time for a snack and what better place to find a snack than Goofy's! I don't have one picture of our snackage here, sorry, but I got both a slushy, apple and strawberry, I think and some make your own pretzel rods for later. All the rest of my family picked the sour powder thingies, where you fill your own tubes with different colors of sour powders. I don't really get the appeal, but the kids loved them.
Next Post: Follow the green line at Echipot!

Great purchases! I need some of those soaps. I love how kids can spend hours in costume play, it does make it worth while.

The appeal of the sour powder thingies?

pure sugar.

ICK.

mine love them too.

I love DTD. I don't remember seeing Basin but will look this time. My neighbor is taking care of my dog so I am sure I can find something in there for her. We seem to go to Lego and WofD every time we go there.

I like what your son picked out. My grandson is the same way, will look and look and once he finds it we won't change his mind.

I do that too! I've collected each days soap that Mousekeeping leaves and I have Mickey soap in my second bathroom. Most people roll their eyes at me when they see it but it makes me smile everytime!

oooooh! Shopping!!:yay:

I just love shoppng day!! :yay:

Sounds like you got some great stuff good for you all! :thumbsup2

Goofy's we had never been to before, we ended up getting the pretzel rods, a giant Oreo, and a mega hunk of Peanut Butter fudge... I was in heaven. I can't wait to go back!!!!! :cloud9:

But Basin looks so fun! A lot like Lush, I guess?, if you have heard of that chain...

Mickey soap TOOO cute, and nope, I wouldn't be using it either :laughing:

WOW!! You guys made some great purchases at DTD!! I just love to shop around there! I can't say I have ever made any purchases at the Basin store but I think I might have to change that this upcoming trip!!

Love the Potato Heads...they are way too cute!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter