There is absolutely no down side to FP+ - just back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it is finally rolled out, FastPass+ will level the playing field. Whether a person is a veteran park goer or a newbie, all will have the same opportunities.

Assuming everyone has the same capability to be online 60 days prior to pre-book their rides.

Assuming everyone has the same capability to be online 60 days prior to pre-book their rides.

I agree, I didn't book my September vacation until July, 40 days out. While I'm okay with limited dining options because of a last minute trip, limited FP rides wouldn't be very fair.

Predictably, a positive review of the FP+ system testing is dismissed by the same people that always post the perceived negatives and worse case speculations in almost every FP+ thread that shows up.

I fail to see how this constant dismissal of positive reports is constructive either.

I do find it odd that the negative FP+ testing reports are used as validation by these same anti-FP+ people as proof that the system is destined to fail and they demand that the testing phase be somehow bug free. They embrace the negative reviews but are quick to pick apart any positive reviews based on their preconceived notions and worse case scenario imaginings.

OP, thanks for your review. We are here now and part of the testing. One comment I will add is that I am very thankful that DD has a Smartphone. If she weren't here with us, it would not be nearly so convenient, as DH and I have old Dumbphones.

I'm not going to lie. Paper fastpass is awesome. I am an aggressive rider. Always having a fastpass for a ride as soon as I can get it. Never standing in standby unless there was no fastpass. Grabbing fastpasses for my favorites multiple times a day. It was the life.

I would probably get 8-10 fastpasses a day. No more of that. I will still go. I will still love disney. My touring style is forcibly changing. It will cause us aggressive riders to standby more. It's gonna be a bitter pill for me and all who tour fast and furious. I guess if you're a slowpoke and ride 4-5 rides a day yeah.....you'll probably love it. I'm a 15-20 ride girl.....well......not anymore :(.

Predictably, a positive review of the FP+ system testing is dismissed by the same people that always post the perceived negatives and worse case speculations in almost every FP+ thread that shows up.

I fail to see how this constant dismissal of positive reports is constructive either.

I do find it odd that the negative FP+ testing reports are used as validation by these same anti-FP+ people as proof that the system is destined to fail and they demand that the testing phase be somehow bug free. They embrace the negative reviews but are quick to pick apart any positive reviews based on their preconceived notions and worse case scenario imaginings.

As an avid lurker, it's coming to the point that I know exactly which posters are going to comment negatively on any positive thread regarding the FP+ system.

Well regardless of everyone attacking you over your review, I am glad you posted your perspective. I do believe it is still okay to post an opinion once in awhile on here even if others don't agree with it. NO ONE knows what it will be like when it is all rolled out so why worry about it for now? I am enjoying finding out what everyone who has tested it thinks of it so far. We test in September.

I'm not going to lie. Paper fastpass is awesome. I am an aggressive rider. Always having a fastpass for a ride as soon as I can get it. Never standing in standby unless there was no fastpass. Grabbing fastpasses for my favorites multiple times a day. It was the life.

I would probably get 8-10 fastpasses a day. No more of that. I will still go. I will still love disney. My touring style is forcibly changing. It will cause us aggressive riders to standby more. It's gonna be a bitter pill for me and all who tour fast and furious. I guess if you're a slowpoke and ride 4-5 rides a day yeah.....you'll probably love it. I'm a 15-20 ride girl.....well......not anymore :(.

Feeling this one :(

As an avid lurker, it's coming to the point that I know exactly which posters are going to comment negatively on any positive thread regarding the FP+ system.
I know which ones will post positive comments no matter what too. Good point. :thumbsup2

fantasy-island1.jpg

Then you should be long past the point that you know exactly which posters are going to condescendingly dismiss other posters who comment about their concerns of FP+ and how it may impact their Disney experience (or just "negatively" if you prefer).

My concern is that you were easily able to change your FP+ selections because the number of people using FP+ now is relatively small, since it's only in limited testing. What happens when everyone on property has access to it? Those FP+ for TSM will be long gone, possibly 60 days before or at the very least by 9am the day of.

My parents will never be able to navigate this system as well as you did. They were just starting to understand the old fp system. I wonder how many senior citizens will "get" this. Some are more techno savvy than others.

... I've spent hours and hours reading everyone's posts here ...
Thanks for the feedback on your experience. This is the part that concerns me more about the direction Disney is going. You end up needing a vacation from the vacation planning.

Don't get me wrong, planning for the trip is part of the fun, but having to plan which park, which day, ADR times and locations, on and on, and now FPs.

Starts to get a little crazy to have to spend hours, days, weeks, months planning to have something outside your control possibly mess up all that effort.

We've been testing it for the past 10 days. Despite some nice features of FP+, 3 FPs isn't enough. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter