There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes! this is scary for a 1st time user of ME to read. It seemingly is such an efficient and free service offered by wdw. Is this kind of thing common? Anyone miss their flight bc of ME?

ME picks you up three hours before your plane departs. Missing a flight would be extremely rare but I'm sure it's happened before. We usually arrive at MCO over two hours early for our flight. Don't be scared to use ME.

yikes! this is scary for a 1st time user of ME to read. It seemingly is such an efficient and free service offered by wdw. Is this kind of thing common? Anyone miss their flight bc of ME?

Not at all in my experience. Never had an issue.

I have used ME (The Tragical Depress) from Disney resorts to the airport 5 times and have never been in danger of missing a flight. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has, and if so, how Disney was able to help, since they are the one setting the time of the transport to the airport.

I think issues with ME are rare and I don't think most people should be deterred from using this service.

Luvpoohandcompany is an international traveler, so if her family's experience was too close of a call for their comfort level, then I can understand them wanting to be in control of their return trip to the airport. As she said, her family wants to be sure to have plenty of time to relax and get something to eat before their long flight home.

Never. We use them everytime!! They will pick you up 3 hours ahead of your departure time. They do make a couple of stops at other resorts, then head out for the airport. We always arrive with plenty of time to get through security, eat something, shop in the Disney Store (while crying like a baby) and still have time to sit around and wait for boarding.

ME picks you up three hours before your plane departs. Missing a flight would be extremely rare but I'm sure it's happened before. We usually arrive at MCO over two hours early for our flight. Don't be scared to use ME.

If Disney has anything to do with it you won't miss your flight . Two years ago I was waiting for DME and there was a terrible thunderstorm rolled in with a lot of rain causing a long wait for the DME . I approached one of the CMs and explained that I was down to two hours and no bus:confused3 She made several calls and they were just about to get a cab for me to the Airport :worship:and the DME showed up and got me to the airport in plenty of time . One other thing when I asked how much it would cost me the CM told me not to worry about it . Enjoy sit back and relax they take great care of us all :thumbsup2

I think the pros list is funny. We have only stayed at Yacht Club and are finally going over to the Beach Club next month. It will feel strange, as I always had a special place in my heart for the YC. And the first time we ever stayed deluxe, I cried. Seriously, I was so happy. Ha! That was always one of my "things" about being at the Yacht Club was the bus pickup was first. There were a few times (mostly during early entry MK) that the bus almost filled up, and only a few at the BC were able to get on, leaving a bunch of people unhappy. But I think I also recall the buses were very late for some reason, and everyone was antsy. This was NOT the norm.

Can you come back to this post and share your review after your trip? Id appreciate it! Especially if you wind up preferring BC. I'm leaning to BC but it's fluctuating by the minute lol

Just wanted to clarify we were never in danger of missing our flight but because we are international travellers we have to check in 3 hours beforehand and it was definitely cutting it a bit fine for that. Don't think I can totally blame Disney as there did seem to be an issue with missing passengers at Caribbean beach resort. I love getting magical express to resort but for my own peace of mind I'm happy to pay cab fare to the airport when checking out but again that is just for my peace of mind and stress levels. Disney are very good at these things and I'm sure the issue was more in my head than in reality! As someone else mentioned you can always speak to staff if you are worried and they will help :)

Our room is great - paid for garden View, which we do have, but we also have a great view of the beach and lake ! We are near the volley ball court, 3rd floor. Pretty quiet - far from the main elevators, but we do have a single elevator just around the corner from us.

May I ask what your room # is?

You'd have laughed at us once we checked in and were looking the room over - after getting excited over the view, and realizing where we were located, my son and I abandoned hubby and ran around trying to find the secret entrance/exit :) In our haste we almost forgot our room number, and only got slightly lost before finding the room again ! Whenever we go in or out the secret entrance, my husband insists on closing the gate behind us - I think he thinks it stops anyone else from finding the door ;)

That is a funny story! Sounds like something our family would do!

Have a great stay!! :thumbsup2

Question about DVC Villas. My home resort is BLT and I am hoping to maybe stay at the BC in August next year. How difficult is it to get the BC for the second half of August at the 7 month mark?

Thanks to ALL for the reassurances about DME! I knew that they pick you up 3 hrs before your flight (seems like that would be enough in advance) and that is why I was so puzzled about why there would be any "stress" involved. I'd never heard of any issues with returning to airport via DME from any personal friends or comments on DIS but, being a 1st timer, I wanted to be forewarned IF there are some cases of "cutting it close".
I appreciate your replies! :goodvibes

Checking in from the BC!! Been here since Thursday - loving it so far :) Love love love being able to walk to Epcot. The few ADR's I made are in Epcot, so if we have left overs (which we generally do, since my husband had gastric bypass surgery last year), we just walk them back to the room and enjoy them later :)
Our room is great - paid for garden View, which we do have, but we also have a great view of the beach and lake ! We are near the volley ball court, 3rd floor. Pretty quiet - far from the main elevators, but we do have a single elevator just around the corner from us.
You'd have laughed at us once we checked in and were looking the room over - after getting excited over the view, and realizing where we were located, my son and I abandoned hubby and ran around trying to find the secret entrance/exit :) In our haste we almost forgot our room number, and only got slightly lost before finding the room again ! Whenever we go in or out the secret entrance, my husband insists on closing the gate behind us - I think he thinks it stops anyone else from finding the door ;)
Glad to hear Teena is doing good - I looked for her on Sunday, and now I know why I didn't see her - we'll just have to stay here again sometime so we get to meet her !!
Well, breakfast just arrived, so better sign off for now !

I laughed so hard at this as it would be something I would do had I not known this resort like the back of my... head??

In any case I am famous for forgetting my room number anywhere I stay so I downloaded an APP for my phone called Color Notes. It's like a post it note for your phone as as soon as I get my room # I enter it into a Color Note so I am not breaking and entering into some poor random stranger's room.

While you have me on the line and vice versa how is the chair hogging/saving with resort towels only and nobody is using the chair situation?

I ask this question only to give a friendly reminder of "Ninja Mom's Chair hoggers survival tactics" since the busy season is coming up. Chair hogging happens at EVERY Disney resort so there is no need for our faithful worry warts (not you Britgirlus) to get their panties in a bunch.

At Storm Along Bay during the busy pool season you will see chairs with towels on them and no other personal items. When the pool is crowded and seating is in demand there is no need for these EMPTY chairs to go unused while the hog is not at the pool.

What has been happening in the past is that before they go to the parks, packs of chair piggys will descend upon the pool, deposit resort towels on the chairs and then LEAVE FOR THE DAY!

It is against the rules of the pool to save chairs all day when the chair saver is NOT AT THE POOL.

To combat this insanity and avoid an unfortunate confrontation should piggy finally make their way to the pool, Ninja Mom recommends finding a chair with NO personal Items on it (it's ok to move it if it has just a RESORT towel on it and the people near the chair say they are not using it) and MOVING it to a New Location. It doesn't have to go far... but by moving the chair Piggy will have no idea WHERE it WENT and thus will not have anybody to yell at.

Basically you can't yell at someone who isn't there... and besides, you have every right to an unattended chair and Piggy has NO right to save it.
So that's the best advice to combat the chair hogs who will be popping up shortly during high pool season.

In my next post I will discuss the merits of BRINGING YOUR REFILLABLE MUG TO THE PARKS TO KEEP THOSE PARK BOUGHT BEVERAGES COOL as well as having a convenient place to dump the left over portions of the GIANT sodas that they sell you at the counter service places. This vessel also serves as a convenient way to split your bucket of soda with some one else (like cheepo Ninja Mom!!)

Our own "I'm going into the parks with no bags" bagless wonder Dee has been known to carabiner clip her refillable mug to her shorts to get through security as well as rock a stylish "Mom look" that is beyond imitation! I, who travels through the parks like a Sherpa, loaded down with all manner of detritus, can only look on in envy at her ingenuity!

So there are your tips for the day! Have a great trip and thanks for taking the time during your busy vacation to check in with us!

~NM

PS. When ordering a counter service meal you can go Alla Cart and just order SOME of the items they put together as a meal, for example: you don't want the fries so you order only the burger and soda and it's less $$. The only caveat is that IF you are ON the DINING PLAN you will get charged for the whole meal, so you might as well get the whole meal and then try to sell your fries in the arcade to the highest bidder from the pack of hungry teens that live there. Yes I know some of these tips are great and others will get you arrested but what do you want for free advice from the likes of Ninja Mom!

And the first time we ever stayed deluxe, I cried. Seriously, I was so happy.

I think I am going to react the same way. This is my 10th visit to wdw but we've never stayed at a "deluxe" resort (in '87 and '92 we stayed in the "Treehouses"- prior to the big reno - but not sure if they were considered "deluxe")
Honestly, in '12 I was tickled to be staying in a Mod (POFQ) and never dreamed of a DELUXE!! Thanks to FD and FREE airfare (round trip for all 5 of us purchased entirely with points!) we decided that if we were EVER going to do a deluxe, this was the trip to do it on!!
I am sooo excited! I have to hold back from looking at the video tours on youtube! Pix I'm doing yes, but I don't want the videos to take away from the initial impact that I know BC will have on me!.......one that will surely have tears flowing!! ::yes::

shadeauxe said:
Question about DVC Villas. My home resort is BLT and I am hoping to maybe stay at the BC in August next year. How difficult is it to get the BC for the second half of August at the 7 month mark?

I can't tell you about August, but I was able to get late June at the 7 month mark no problem as AKV is my home resort.

I'm home ... all nicely medicated ... at least I think this is home. My head is spinning. Anyway, thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. It was a bad five days and I can't thank you all enough for all the wonderful well wishes!!!

I'm loaded up on pain meds and antibiotics and unfortunately they said no work next Sunday and Monday either. No way can I walk around all day on my feet the doctor said.

I'm so sorry I'm going to be missing everybody this past Sunday and Monday and the next weekend too. I love meeting the new Disers and catching up with the regulars. The family we have all created is so wonderful. I am one lucky woman!!!

Thanks Dee for being my voice. Most of you know I don't have a smart phone or laptop so when I'm not at my desktop computer, I have to rely on Dee for everything. What would we all do without her????

Jeanne and Lily appreciate knowing how many of you care for me. It's very hard for her being so far away but you all make it easier. She says she feels like I'm surrounded by lots of love.

Man those meds are strong - think it's time for a nap!!! Now all I need is to get rid of the stent and the world will be a happy place for me again!

Thanks again!!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I see a lot of room requests for the first floor. Is there a particular reason for this? Do more of those rooms have full balconies? Just curious. We are staying GV and I'm trying to decide what to request.

I'm home ... all nicely medicated ... at least I think this is home. My head is spinning. Anyway, thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. It was a bad five days and I can't thank you all enough for all the wonderful well wishes!!!

I'm loaded up on pain meds and antibiotics and unfortunately they said no work next Sunday and Monday either. No way can I walk around all day on my feet the doctor said.

I'm so sorry I'm going to be missing everybody this past Sunday and Monday and the next weekend too. I love meeting the new Disers and catching up with the regulars. The family we have all created is so wonderful. I am one lucky woman!!!

Thanks Dee for being my voice. Most of you know I don't have a smart phone or laptop so when I'm not at my desktop computer, I have to rely on Dee for everything. What would we all do without her????

Jeanne and Lily appreciate knowing how many of you care for me. It's very hard for her being so far away but you all make it easier. She says she feels like I'm surrounded by lots of love.

Man those meds are strong - think it's time for a nap!!! Now all I need is to get rid of the stent and the world will be a happy place for me again!

Wonderful to to hear that you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and enjoy your naps. :)

So glad that you are home and feeling better!!! Get lots of rest :thumbsup2

Some bad news. Teena let me know that she is hospitalized due to more kidney stone trouble. She may be released tomorrow but will not be in the lobby Sunday or Monday as scheduled. She says she will miss everyone who is around. Ill keep you posted on how she is doing.

Sending magical thoughts your way. Heal fast. I am hoping by the time I catch up on this thread I read you are doing better. :flower3:

PoohsFan1 I am very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and all our family.

See ya June 9 ya'll :cool1:

I'm sorry I will miss you. We were planning on seeing you on June 1rst but it sounds like you need your rest. Maybe next trip. Get better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter