• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There'’s Nowhere To Go But Down...…To The Utilidors! NEW TR LINK 6/4

Courtney, I am so excited for you to do the DCP! Congratulations on getting your first choice role! Even though I've graduated already, I still think about applying if and when I go to graduate school. It's a huge regret that I didn't apply while in undergrad, so I really enjoy following DCP accounts and reports.

I hope that you'll post lots on social media about it. When do you get your specific assignment? When you arrive? You're going to have a great time and I can't wait to see where you end up!

The fact that the birds breathe at the Tiki Room is one of my favorite things about the details in Disney.

The Chippies are the best! I love their meet and greets.

Characters alone are amazing! I did that on my last day on the PHM trip and it was amazing!

Awesome that you met Kaela! Isn't it fun when you meet people from social media?

It absolutely is all about the nutella and banana waffle!

I am so thrilled for you to be able to do the college program. And the fact that I'll be able to see you when you're there!

YAY Courtney!!!! Excited does not even describe how I feel for you right now! I hope you're planning on keeping a DIS Journal of your experiences in the DCP. Truly amazing opportunities await, and I can't wait to hear all about them :tink:

This summer I will be moving to Walt Disney World to participate in the Fall Advantage Disney College Program!!! I will be an Attractions Cast Member. That was my top choice role so needless to say, I am ECSTATIC that I got this opportunity!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Courtney this is amazing!!!!!! Heading to Disney in October so maybe we will see you as a CM!

Awwwww, your Chip and Dale photos are so cute!

The storybook circus group is always fun! I like how sassy Donald was about the ears ;)

There's something incredibly satisfying about knowing you got your nutella waffle that day. I'm very proud.

Great update as usual!

Thanks!!! They were super fun to meet!!

Hahaha Donald is too much. Gotta love him.

YESSS Nutella waffles are life-giving.

I was behind but just caught up. Loving your TR. Love all of the character meets you are doing. The Chip and Dale pic is super cute! And yay for being the wardrobe with Belle! :)

Thanks so much!! I was so happy I got to be in the show even though I was on my own.

Love the title of this chapter! :laughing:

I just heard about that too!
From a completely different source, but I swear it was just a couple of days ago!

Love your expression in this one!

:laughing:

You were getting a lot of love that day.

It does seem reasonable, doesn't it?

What the heck is that???
I've never seen or heard of that before!
Where on earth (or should I say "in the World") did you get that?

Hahaha I'm glad the title went over well.

Isn't it so cool? I had never even noticed it before, and I LOVE the Tiki Room. So I appreciate it so much.

Hahaha I was floored that Chip and Dale liked me so much.

The Nutella waffle can be found at Sleepy Hollow, right over near the entrance to Liberty Square. SO GOOD. Normally it comes with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries, but I prefer it with just bananas. 10/10 would recommend.

I need to get back to the Tiki Room.

Look at that, Chip and Dale having it out over you. I mean, it must have been a very special moment. That's the sort of stuff that makes character interactions.

Aww yay for running into Kaela. I follow her on Tumblr.

Goofy should be in love with you :p

I love that whole meet and greet area over at the Sideshow. I just love the theme and the costumes and all of it. Plus, Minnie is a darling for twirling in her dress (Did you know those are real crystals on it? I learned that from Hayley last trip since she has some friends of Minnie).

I do not, however, love Nutella. So that waffle is not for me. Marie wants one next time though, so I'll see it in person at least.

Please do! The Tiki Room gives me life. My sister HATES it which breaks my heart, but it's a huge favorite.

It was such a funny meet and greet and still a great memory!!

Her Tumblr is the best. It was so helpful in getting me into the DCP!

AWWWW shucks you're the sweetest.

No way!!! That's so cool that her dress has real crystals. More Disney details!

GASP. It's okay, Marie and I can get them. I'd say we could share one but I don't exactly share my Nutella waffle hehehe

I've developed a liking to the Enchanted Tiki Room just by listening to the song. We definitely need to do it more.

That character meet was flawless. Chip and Dale are such cuties as cowboys, but I mean, what better way to start the day than by having chipmunks fight for your love? And that's actually pretty funny that the next family in line was looking horrified. Poor them though - obviously new to the world. Phineas and Ferb tried to leave with us once, but I didn't notice how the families in line were reacting.

Yay for impromptu meets!

That was a pretty good morning, knocking a lot of big numbers out of the park!

And that is such a perfect way to wrap it up. I need that nutella waffle sandwich in my life so very badly. November. It's happening.

I love it. Hearing the song always brings me back to riding around my grandmother's car because we had this cassette tape with all these Disney Parks songs on it, and Tiki Room was one of them!

It was seriously a phenomenal start to the day. Phineas and Ferb did that to Kylie and me too!!! Those troublemakers...

It was such a productive morning!

DO IT. It will absolutely change your life. So good.

BAHAHAHA, that is so freakin' cute with Chip and Dale fighting over you. And all the while with a big smile on their faces. Precious. So glad they were able to reconcile for a photo. And an adorable photo at that.

Awww Kaela!! That is so cool that you found her like that. I guess that makes you her first DISmeet (which I already knew anyway. I still hold the group honours though). I love that you're all buddies now. Disney rules!

Oh this is so great that you did characters solo. How fun is that, right?

Oh look, the moat at the castle actually has water!!

And as a final note for no reason at all... :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: party: :jumping1:

They were SO precious, Rob. I loved them.

Hahaha you do have the group honors! At the time, I didn't know she was on the DIS though, so I'm not sure if that counts...we'll say it counts.

This solo day was so fun!

HAHAHA yes! These pictures are history now.

Hehehe yeah, no reason!! Just really happy!!

Yaaaay Courtney! That is so awesometastic, congratulations!

All I'm selfishly hoping is that your dates at least take you through November so we can meet up when we go!

Thank you so much, Marie!!! I will absolutely be seeing you in November!!

OMG! That is so freaking amazing!!!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

So happy for you!!!

Eeee thank you SO much! I'm so excited!!!

:cheer2: This is so exciting! Congrats Courtney I know you'll be an amazing Cast Member and make tons of supeer awesome moments and just ahhh, I'm so excited for you!

Ahhh thank you so much Amber!!! Can't wait to see ya real soon :D

That is so cool! I have to look for that next time I'm there!

I always love Chip 'n' Dale - they're always so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed and decided to make it a character day - characters are the best!

AWESOME!! I am so happy for you, this is amazing! And I know just from reading about how much you love Disney here on your TR that you will be an excellent CM!

I had never ever noticed it before, but it's such a great detail!

For real. The character day was phenomenal.

Ahhh thank you so much Sarah!!! I'm so excited to get started!

congrats! Are you in the facebook group? I applied as well and I haven't heard anything since my phone interview but i'm not sure I can go anyways.

Thank you!!! I am in the main Facebook group and the 21+ group. Definitely keep me posted on what you decide! I didn't hear until five weeks after my phone interview so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

I'm so proud of you!!! You deserve it so much!!!

Thank you so, so much. Big hugs!!!

See, I heard a little rumour... So excited I could scream... A perfect choice you are to uphold... The legacy of One Man's Dream.

cc.jpg

Never ever underestimate the Power that is One Man's Dream especially when it coincides with a DCP phone interview. I told ya so. :hug:

CRYING. That is seriously perfect. You're the best, Rob. Hope to see ya real soon!

First,

:jumping1:

CONGRATULATIONS on being accepted into the Disney College Program AND getting your first choice! That's wonderful and I'm so excited for you!!!

Now, onto your update...

I love all of your meets with the characters! I'm such a fan of meeting characters, but I don't tend to meet many as my sister HATES meeting them. (She doesn't mind seeing them, in parades in whatnot, she just doesn't have a desire to stand and line and give them a hug). Perhaps we'll have to do some solo touring sometime so I can hug a few extra characters!

That Nutella waffle... YUM. That is all. :goodvibes

Eeee thank you so much for being excited for me!!! I can't wait to get there!

You should absolutely go on a solo adventure and meet some characters! I understand not wanting to wait in the long lines...but they're so much fun.

UGH HEAVENLY.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2:

That's great that you got into the college program. You're going to have so much fun; can't wait to read the details!

Now, back to the TR

How cute are you with those chipmunks?! I love that you guys got to see so many characters this trip. And I think it's great that you saw a few solo, cause your photos are excellent! :thumbsup2

I could use a waffle sandwich right about now. Can't wait for the next update; TR or life related, it'll be a great one!:goodvibes

Thank you so so much!!! I'm so excited!!

We are HUGE character people. I just love how interactive the characters are!

ME TOO. Always need Nutella. DCP update coming up :D

Well, you KNOW how excited I am! I swear I got no work done today due to how thrilled I was to hear your news this morning. I can't believe that we will get to hang out in WDW, and Shannon, Maddie, Willow and I will get to see you in action as a real Disney Cast Member!!!! You are absolutely perfect for the role! :woohoo:

Great TR update too, Courtney. Loved all the cute character interactions. Chip 'n' Dale are BEST!!!!

Roni, I am ECSTATIC for you guys to get there!!! I'll be counting the days! We are going to have so much fun!

Chip and Dale are so adorable!

Congratulations :mickeyjum:goofy::donald::tigger: That's so exciting & I'm super happy for you!!

Definitely post the dates you'll be involved in the DCP. We'll be there for Thanksgiving and I'd love to stop by and say :wave2:.

Also want to say DH and I did the KTTK tour this morning! I've been dying to do this for years but even more so since reading about your experience. We totally enjoyed it. It was our guide Kelly's first tour, which we didn't know until the end when a tour trainer told us and gave her her "official" gold tour guide pin, which was really cool.

Congrats again! pixiedust:

Thank you so so much!! I'll be posting the dates in a minute but I will definitely be there over Thanksgiving. Comment or DM me as it gets closer and we'll meet up for sure!!!

Ahhhh I'm so glad you guys loved KTTK!!! It is such a wonderful tour. I would LOVE to be a tour guide one day!!

GO COURTNEY!!!!!!!!!
:jumping1:
I'M SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Can't wait to find out what attractions you'll be working on!

Thank you Sarah!!!!! I can't wait to find out either!!!

I loooove seeing this post of you and Kaela! It's so great getting to meet friends you made online in real life. Seriously the best!! I'm gonna be so jealous of everyone that gets to meet you when you're down there!

Super cute pics of you and the Chipmunks, too :3

I want to eat the waffle immediately. Get in me

It's not fair that I move down in June just after you leave WDW :( but I'm excited to get to see some of our other pals while I'm there!

I always crave that waffle. Every minute of every day.

Congratulations, Courtney. This is very exciting news. :yay: I can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Thank you so, so much!!

How AWESOME Courtney! Congratulations on your DCP honors! Not only does this make a dream for you come true but I know you'll make the vacation memories of so many people be extra special because of your love for Disney.

Chip and Dale can't help but fight over such an adorable young thing as you. At least they settled their differences to pose for a photo all together... and it doesn't look like either of them are missing any patches of fur. :upsidedow

Ahhh thank you so much Brenda!! I'm so excited to be part of the magic and hopefully help others have magical trips.

Hehehe I'm glad they got over their fight to pose with me, too!

That is amazing! Congratulations on the wonderful news - its a dream of mine as well!!! princess:

Thank you so much!!! I hope you get to do it someday as well, I've only heard wonderful things about it!

Also, I love all your character photos, meeting Disney friends is always so much fun! And that waffle looks great ! :goodvibes

Meeting characters is one of my favorite activities! The waffle was SO delicious!!

I'm somewhat of a lurker (but trying to post a bit more!) but I have been following and loving this TR since the start. I just wanted to say a huge CONGRATS to you for making into onto the Disney College Programme - I know you will be an AMAZING cast member and I can't wait to hear more about your journey!

Thank you so so much for following along and for all the kind words!!! DCP update coming up next!!

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!!

So are you going to do a DCP report for us to follow along with you? :)

Thank you so much, Kelley!!

I am definitely going to do a TR about my DCP!! I want to keep everyone posted on all my adventures!

Holy cow! What wonderful news! Congrats and can't wait to hear about your DCP adventures.

Courtney, I am so excited for you to do the DCP! Congratulations on getting your first choice role! Even though I've graduated already, I still think about applying if and when I go to graduate school. It's a huge regret that I didn't apply while in undergrad, so I really enjoy following DCP accounts and reports.

I hope that you'll post lots on social media about it. When do you get your specific assignment? When you arrive? You're going to have a great time and I can't wait to see where you end up!

Thank you so so much!!! I think you should DEFINITELY apply when you go to grad school. I've only heard amazing things and I can't wait to share my experiences!

I definitely will be posting here and on social media! I won't know what attraction I work until I get there, I'm very excited to find out though!!

The fact that the birds breathe at the Tiki Room is one of my favorite things about the details in Disney.

The Chippies are the best! I love their meet and greets.

Characters alone are amazing! I did that on my last day on the PHM trip and it was amazing!

Awesome that you met Kaela! Isn't it fun when you meet people from social media?

It absolutely is all about the nutella and banana waffle!

I am so thrilled for you to be able to do the college program. And the fact that I'll be able to see you when you're there!

Seriously!! Something that people don't really notice unless they look really hard, yet Disney committed to it.

They are SO fun! Love how mischievous they are.

I had so much fun with the characters!

It really was!!! I hope to do a lot more of that on my DCP!

Ahhh Danielle I can't WAIT for you to visit! Definitely have to get margaritas or churros! Or both. Both is good.

YAY Courtney!!!! Excited does not even describe how I feel for you right now! I hope you're planning on keeping a DIS Journal of your experiences in the DCP. Truly amazing opportunities await, and I can't wait to hear all about them :tink:

Thank you so SO much for this unbelievably sweet comment, Jackie!!! I will definitely be posting all about my program on the DIS, I'm so excited to share my story with everyone!!!

Congratulations!!! :dance3::banana:

Thank you so much!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Courtney this is amazing!!!!!! Heading to Disney in October so maybe we will see you as a CM!

Thank you SO much!! I will be there in October, keep me posted as it gets closer!!

Holy cow! What wonderful news! Congrats and can't wait to hear about your DCP adventures.

Thank you so much!!! More details coming up next...

DCP UPDATE: Dates and Moving In!

Hi friends!

First and foremost, though I responded individually, I just want to send a collective THANK YOU for all your kind words! It means the world to me that you all are so excited for me and I hope to meet as many of you as I can during my time at WDW! I’M SO EXCITED AHHHHHHHH

First of all, a bit of an explanation. So I’ve wanted to apply for the DCP for YEARS. But my school wasn’t so big on me taking a semester off, so I had to wait until now, my last semester. I was so scared that I wouldn’t get it and then I’d never have a chance to do it.

I applied the first day applications came out, January 26, and had my phone interview on January 30. It was a long, long five weeks before I heard back. I thought about posting about it on the DIS, but I didn’t want to get everyone’s hopes up (mine especially) and then not get in! I did share with a few DISers that I was applying, though, and my buddy Rob (DisneyKid4Life) was actually in One Man’s Dream while I interviewed, so I figured that had to be a good sign. And it was!!!

A few details/answers to your questions:

My official program dates are June 8 to January 4! Six months in WDW. It’s a beautiful thing.

My mom is flying down with me on June 6, so we’ll have a few days in Florida to do some shopping and get ready for June 8, when I move into my apartment. Now, I had initially looked into a few offsite (I KNOW, TAKE AWAY MY DIS CARD) hotels, but when I sent them to my mom, she said, “Why don’t we stay at Pop?”

And I said, “Well, if you’re going to twist my arm, I GUESS I could stay at Pop. Fine, whatever.”

Just kidding. I was ecstatic!

And then today, my mom texted me telling me she rented a car and booked her flight home, and then asked if I wanted to stay in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation instead.

UH. YES. YES I DO. YES THAT IS A THING THAT I WANT TO HAPPEN. I WANNA BE WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE. I WANNA SEE. WANNA SEE ‘EM DANCIN’.

So we booked at AoA!! I cannot wait. I’m going to be part of that world!

I think Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick, who live in Tampa, are going to come see us that Saturday or Sunday. We aren’t going to do any parks in the name of saving money (plus later that week I get in for free so I can be patient) but we’ll have some errands to run, and we can go to DTD and hang by the pool.

I won’t find out which attraction I am working until I actually get to WDW and go through orientation. I am hoping for a ride where I can have a spiel, like Jungle Cruise or Great Movie Ride, but I will be happy with anything so we’ll see where they put me!

I will definitely be doing a trip report on here of some kind. I honestly don’t know how detailed or involved it’s going to be, because I’m going to be working full time! But I will absolutely post about the fun things I am doing in the parks, when people come to visit, etc. I’m also thinking about making a Twitter or Instagram for my Disney experience but I’m not sure how many of you use those.

Finally, some of you may remember my friend Katie from my first two TRs. Visual reminder:

11391057933_b00332be40_z.jpg

If you’re a new reader, Katie and I have been friends since high school, and in 2013 she did a college program working in outdoor foods at Hollywood Studios. The very same day I got accepted, Katie found out she got accepted as a hotel concierge!!! She isn’t moving down until August so we won’t be able to live together unfortunately, but I’m still so excited that we will have four months of exploring and playing in WDW together!!

Okay, so this was fun Courtney, you may say, but where’s the TR update? You’ve been home for eight months! Let's wrap this up!

Wellllll last week I went to Spain and Portugal and this weekend I’m going to Chicago, and consequently my DIS time is a little limited. However, once I get back from Chicago I will start wrapping up this trip because I’ll have to get ready to MOVE TO DISNEY WORLD!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
I’M SO EXCITED AHHHHHHHH

Sorry, I'm not sure. Mixed signals here.
Are you pleased? Maybe just a little?

:rolleyes2

so I had to wait until now, my last semester.

Ooooh. I remember my DWs last semester.
It wasn't easy on her.
But it was all worthwile once the baby was born.

Wait.... that's trimester, not semester.

Nevermind.

I applied the first day applications came out, January 26, and had my phone interview on January 30.

Wow! That's super fast!

my buddy Rob (DisneyKid4Life) was actually in One Man’s Dream while I interviewed, so I figured that had to be a good sign

::yes::

My official program dates are June 8 to January 4! Six months in WDW. It’s a beautiful thing.

Oh boy. Maybe, just maybe.
If (and that's a big if) we go that early in the new year.
But I'd love to see you. :)

Now, I had initially looked into a few offsite (I KNOW, TAKE AWAY MY DIS CARD) hotels

<poof> Card gone.
And you're gonna have to work hard to get it back young lady.

but when I sent them to my mom, she said, “Why don’t we stay at Pop?”

Mom always knows best.

So we booked at AoA!! I cannot wait. I’m going to be part of that world!

Yay! Very happy for you!

I am hoping for a ride where I can have a spiel, like Jungle Cruise or Great Movie Ride, but I will be happy with anything so we’ll see where they put me!

Wouldn't that be just the coolest??

I’m also thinking about making a Twitter or Instagram for my Disney experience but I’m not sure how many of you use those.

Sadly... I do not.

I is old.

I’m still so excited that we will have four months of exploring and playing in WDW together!!

Hey! That's really great!

Wellllll last week I went to Spain and Portugal and this weekend I’m going to Chicago, and consequently my DIS time is a little limited. However, once I get back from Chicago I will start wrapping up this trip because I’ll have to get ready to MOVE TO DISNEY WORLD!

Oh, you know. Just your international jetsetter. La dee dah.

:laughing:

Thanks for letting us know all about it! :goodvibes

Oops... Double Post :oops:
Hmm, looks like Rob is as overly excited as I am!!!

Anyway, I was thrilled to read about all your DCP plans. After all those weeks of stressing and yet KNOWING you were going to get it, it sure does feel great, doesn't it?

How awesome that you friend will be doing DCP at almost the same time. I love it!

Can’t wait to hear which one (or two, or three, or four) of our ADRs you are going to join in July/August! :woohoo:

I am pulling for a Jungle Cruise skipper position for you, BTW. ;)

How exciting!! I do hope if you start up an Instagram or Twitter you'll post it here so we can follow along.

And we will be in WDW in September so maybe we'll see you in your new role!!

I'm so excited for you! I only did it for one season, but working in MK was such a great experience for me; I know you're going to LOVE it! :dancer:

Last edited:
My official program dates are June 8 to January 4! Six months in WDW. It’s a beautiful thing
That is so exciting to have yours dates and your resort all planned. I know you'll enjoy the LM room. princess:

We'll be there in October and hope to see you there. :) You'll have to keep us updated so we know where you'll be.

So jealous but so happy for you! Man I wish I could work at Disney World. But I'm so excited we'll be there while you're working! Definitely hoping you do get something like the Jungle Cruise, cause then we'll definitely wait around to see if we can request Skipper Courtney ;)

Six months of Disney time sounds awesome!

And staying at AoA, aaaah! You're just doing this on purpose to make us jealous now :P

Yay for staying at AoA! The Little Mermaid rooms really are so amazing.

Unless I have an (as of yet) unplanned vacation in the fall, it looks like I'll be just missing you (current plan for me is marathon weekend ... getting down to Florida on January 6th). But if you do a twitter or instagram, I will definitely follow along.

I hope you get to do a fun attraction (although, really, they're all fun)!

And so awesome that you and Katie will have some time together!

Overall ... YAY!! This is going to be so amazing for you!

AHHHH I remember that day, January 30 so well!!!

"Okay so I was trying not to message you while you were on vacation...but you were in One Man's Dream while I was having my phone interview for the DCP...that HAS to be a good sign!!!"

Yeah... REALLY good sign!!! :jumping1:

As you already know, I am so happy for you to be living out this dream. You are going to make one heck of a CM.

Ugh LM room at AoA!! Dying.

I will really die if you're on the Jungle Cruise, I swear. I will freak out.

Honestly Courtney, I think it's wise not to commit to doing a too in depth TR in progress only because I've seen how tough that can be. Once you get rolling and all the wonderful park time when not working (and actually, you know, resting) it would be tough. But you better do something or ima go nuts.:p

Oh, now that is so wonderful that you have your friend Katie coming to share the majority of your tenure with. Of course, I also have a feeling you're gonna run into a lot of people over those 6 months.

You are going to have such an amazing time! Ahh I'm still so excited and having your friend Katie there too will just be so awesome. Really, you're going to be a great CM and probably get a bijillion thank you cards. If you are on an attraction with a spiel, we'd definitely be taking our time to see you specially. :)

Move in dates are exicitng and I'm jealous about the Little Mermaid room, I mean, come on now. Just kidding, you deserve it ;)

Again, big CONGRATULATIONS on the DCP news!! That's so exciting, and I really hope our October trip works out (barring anything crazy happening, it should) so I can finally meet you & see you in action!!!

I love the Frozen fireworks update. I scrolled through the pics slowly while playing the music you linked to, and it was really awesome! I am a little bummed we missed out on that part of Frozen Fun, although we got to do a couple of the things while we were in DL.

Solo time in the parks can be so fun, when you can just decide to do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it. A character day sounds awesome! I love the pics with Chip & Dale. :rotfl: And Tiana is BEAUTIFUL! I mean, she's always pretty, but you know what I mean. We have yet to meet her, and that annoys me. She's from my home city!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter