There'’s Nowhere To Go But Down...…To The Utilidors! NEW TR LINK 6/4

Just joined in on your TR and am loving it!!!! Read the whole thing so far and can't wait to read more! I love all the ADRs you and your family did on the trip, they are some of my faves! Also the KoK tour sounds AMAZING! It is a dream of mine to experience that one day! Also the Wishes Dessert Party sounds amazing!

Kylie and Emily also have some awesome skills DisBounding! Very cute!!! I love seeing people take part of that trend in the parks, makes me smile! And as for your shirts, do you happen to get some of them from HotTopic? The reason I ask is I get a ton of Disney shirts from there, and your look similar. Either way, you have some great shirts!

And, I loved all the characters you met at characterpalooza at HS!!!! Quick question, does that only happen once a day, or is it a few times a day? I would LOVE to experience that when I'm in the world this spring!!!

Can't wait to read more of the TR!!! :)

-Alison :earsgirl:

I feel like everything in HS closes early. Especially food stuff. They just want you to be hungry.

Aww bummer that they didn't use your pictures. That's okay, all of the Dis can look at your beautiful pictures instead.

The fireworks do look like they were great. I feel like Marie and I should have tried harder to see them but we just.. I don't know, didn't.

Ooooh solo adventure! That's exciting, I can't wait to read all about it.

We had some bad luck with food at night time in Hollywood Studios, too. Sometimes I wonder if we just don't know the park's offerings well enough, or if it really is lacking, but considering they go ahead and close Starring Rolls and Pizza Planet so early, I'm gonna go for the latter.

Poor Olaf, so fab and yet no recognition. Well, it's okay, he's getting his recognition in this TR, so it's all good.

I wish we'd gotten to see the Frozen fireworks, but when we went in September they were down to just doing them on Fridays and Saturdays and that just didn't work out with our schedule of events. Oh well, that's what the internet is for! They did look pretty fantastic from what I can tell, though. Some of those pictures are gorgeous

Snoap! We've only experienced snoap once, during the Osborne Family's Spectacle of Lights, because the one time we did the Christmas party we missed the fireworks and snoap on Main Street.

Oooh, solo adventure! This is like a cliff hanger!

The fireworks look spectacular - you got some really great pictures! :thumbsup2

It's nice to know the backstory on the Frozen fireworks. I don't believe I've read about it in any other trip reports!

Hooray for a quick return to your resort! I look forward to seeing how your solo day unfolds... popcorn::

Well done for facing your fears and riding Tower of Terror! The ride photo is funny, you look like you're about to puke!!!

Whoa you got some amazing photos of the Frozen fireworks! :goodvibes Excited to hear about your solo adventure :thumbsup2

Hey Courtney! So glad you decided to face up to the new DIS and post! :laughing:

Green Army Man! I love him. We haven’t met him in ages, but we did stop to watch a bit of a Green Army Man show in CA recently. :laughing:

Love Meeko - he is always so adorable to meet.

Great pics with Pocahontas. Willow is hoping that she can be Pocahontas when she does the DCP. ;)

Whoa! Jafar??? I had no idea he was a possibility even at Characterpalooza. Wow! Love all the pics with him and Genie - Genie is so fun!!!!

Good for you for doing ToT!!! You do know that, if we should for some unknown reason happen to meet up at WDW someday, Willow will MAKE you do ToT, right???? ;)

Love the RnRC picture - so fun!!! I haven’t been on that since Willow was 3 and I had other adults with me. This summer, Maddie and Willow SHOULD have their first rides on that attraction. Should because, although Maddie has made the height requirement, Shorty McShorteston Willow is still not quite there yet. I think she will be by July/August though. And I’m predicting that EE will be replaced by RnRC as her MUST RIDE! :laughing:

You (um, do I mean your mom???) got some great fireworks pics! I love seeing all the DHS Frozen stuff - so cool. Can’t wait to experience it this year - I have to believe it will all be back given the so-far-undying Frozen sensation. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about your solo adventure!

I just caught up and am loving it!

You're doing such a great job making us feel like we are there with you. I have so much I want to say about each of your updates, but I don't even know where to start. So, in no order, I love that you got to go on KTTK. It's a big dream of mine to do one trip. Your dessert party surprise was super sweet (cheesy pun, I know, I know) and I am thrilled the weather held out. I also love the matching shirts you all wore. I am all about it.

Your trip is jam packed and I admire your long days in the summer heat. In August, I need a midday break for some nap or pool time. Is this what mid-twenties looks like? You go, girl.

Oh, I'm following you on Instagram. I love talking Disney with other twenty-somethings. Is there a page on the boards where you chat with others around our age? I've yet to find one but figured you would know.

Following along and looking forward to it!

WooHoo, solo adventure!!! Can't wait to read about it!

No break-dancing :rotfl:

Coming up next!!

Hahaha, absolutely none whatsoever!!!

UGH, one of the worst features of MGM... so many food places close early. If they want to convince people that MGM is an all day park, maybe keep the food places open until close.

Thank you for including the non fireworks bits. Since it rained the night I saw them (I know... shocking) I never got to see that.

Seriously, nobody...NOBODY... does fireworks like Disney. Incredible.

Oh I know, POP is SO CLOSE!!!! I really don't know why it's not considered an MGM resort.

SOLO ADVENTURE!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! :hyper:

It's not something I notice because we usually do a dinner ADR, but it was definitely a problem that night…all Em wanted was a Mickey pretzel!

I'm glad! We were a little too far back to see the characters up close, but the video screens helped.

I completely agree!!! These were absolutely incredible.

Right?! I swear we were home in five minutes.

I knew you would!!!

Looks like a great spot for the Frozen evening fun! We had the Fantasmic! dining package and had to book it out of the theater to get out onto the main area of the park to even see any of the fireworks - so we didn't see any of the show and had no idea what the premise was - so happy to see you go through that in your update and I know now what the point was :rotfl2:

I know some people are Frozened out but those fireworks were pretty darn spectacular (though I did hear they were using leftover fireworks so the show wasn't the exact same every night)

oh, I thought that sign was indicating a levitation area :rotfl:

Oh man! It is cool to see both Fantasmic and fireworks at the same night, but I can see how that would be cutting it close.

The fireworks were incredible!! I'm hopeful that more fireworks will be coming to DHS in the future.

HAHAHAHA no levitation either?! Vacation ruined!!

We were back by the Crossroads for the fireworks. We had a great view and beat the crowd out, but we couldn't hear the dialogue very well. Thanks for filling us in. :)

I imagine that would be a great view!!! Plus you'd get to scoot right out no problem.

I'm sorry to hear that your Olaf didn't make it into the show :( Olaf is definitely a star on this TR, even if he wasn't in the show!

You got some great fireworks pictures ... and that snow on Sunset Blvd!

No breakdancing ... always a good safety tip.

Solo adventure sounds like fun!

I was shocked but it's totally okay, he's gotten enough attention on this TR to make up for it!

The snow was so magical!

This is true. Safety begins with me.

It was…details coming up!!!

Just joined in on your TR and am loving it!!!! Read the whole thing so far and can't wait to read more! I love all the ADRs you and your family did on the trip, they are some of my faves! Also the KoK tour sounds AMAZING! It is a dream of mine to experience that one day! Also the Wishes Dessert Party sounds amazing!

Kylie and Emily also have some awesome skills DisBounding! Very cute!!! I love seeing people take part of that trend in the parks, makes me smile! And as for your shirts, do you happen to get some of them from HotTopic? The reason I ask is I get a ton of Disney shirts from there, and your look similar. Either way, you have some great shirts!

And, I loved all the characters you met at characterpalooza at HS!!!! Quick question, does that only happen once a day, or is it a few times a day? I would LOVE to experience that when I'm in the world this spring!!!

Can't wait to read more of the TR!!! :)

-Alison :earsgirl:

Hi Alison!!! Thanks so much for joining in! I hope you get to do Keys to the Kingdom soon, it was a really amazing experience.

I do get my Disney clothes from Hot Topic! I've gotten a few things from Wet Seal as well, and I think the Olaf shirt is from Kohl's, but Hot Topic is really the best for Disney shirts.

Characterpalooza happens once a day! The time is dependent on when Fantasmic is. If you go to Kenny the Pirate's site he's usually spot on about when it happens. I'm so excited you're heading back to WDW soon!!!

I absolutely love the picture of the palm trees while it's snowing, very cute!:thumbsup2

Haha, isn't that great?!

I feel like everything in HS closes early. Especially food stuff. They just want you to be hungry.

Aww bummer that they didn't use your pictures. That's okay, all of the Dis can look at your beautiful pictures instead.

The fireworks do look like they were great. I feel like Marie and I should have tried harder to see them but we just.. I don't know, didn't.

Ooooh solo adventure! That's exciting, I can't wait to read all about it.

Right? It's not something we noticed before this trip, but it was definitely a problem that night.

Haha yes! Olaf is famous on the Internet so that makes up for him not being in the show.

Ehh it's okay. I think that DHS will eventually have a more permanent fireworks show that you can see!

Coming up next!!

We had some bad luck with food at night time in Hollywood Studios, too. Sometimes I wonder if we just don't know the park's offerings well enough, or if it really is lacking, but considering they go ahead and close Starring Rolls and Pizza Planet so early, I'm gonna go for the latter.

Poor Olaf, so fab and yet no recognition. Well, it's okay, he's getting his recognition in this TR, so it's all good.

I wish we'd gotten to see the Frozen fireworks, but when we went in September they were down to just doing them on Fridays and Saturdays and that just didn't work out with our schedule of events. Oh well, that's what the internet is for! They did look pretty fantastic from what I can tell, though. Some of those pictures are gorgeous

Snoap! We've only experienced snoap once, during the Osborne Family's Spectacle of Lights, because the one time we did the Christmas party we missed the fireworks and snoap on Main Street.

Oooh, solo adventure! This is like a cliff hanger!

Yeah, I know they tried a bunch of the carts on Sunset Boulevard with no luck. It's really a shame that Starring Rolls closes so early! It's always time for cupcakes!

I agree. His fame on the DIS should be enough to make him happy!

They were really spectacular! I'm hoping that DHS will make the fireworks a more permanent thing whether they're Frozen themed or not.

Snoap is so great!!

Don't worry, all will be revealed soon!

The fireworks look spectacular - you got some really great pictures! :thumbsup2

It's nice to know the backstory on the Frozen fireworks. I don't believe I've read about it in any other trip reports!

Hooray for a quick return to your resort! I look forward to seeing how your solo day unfolds... popcorn::

They were!! My mom gets the credit for those photos, she did a great job.

It was a cute little storyline!

Solo day coming up!!!

Well done for facing your fears and riding Tower of Terror! The ride photo is funny, you look like you're about to puke!!!

Whoa you got some amazing photos of the Frozen fireworks! :goodvibes Excited to hear about your solo adventure :thumbsup2

HAHA I was SO scared!

My mom did a great job with those pics!!

Hey Courtney! So glad you decided to face up to the new DIS and post! :laughing:

Green Army Man! I love him. We haven’t met him in ages, but we did stop to watch a bit of a Green Army Man show in CA recently. :laughing:

Love Meeko - he is always so adorable to meet.

Great pics with Pocahontas. Willow is hoping that she can be Pocahontas when she does the DCP. ;)

Whoa! Jafar??? I had no idea he was a possibility even at Characterpalooza. Wow! Love all the pics with him and Genie - Genie is so fun!!!!

Good for you for doing ToT!!! You do know that, if we should for some unknown reason happen to meet up at WDW someday, Willow will MAKE you do ToT, right???? ;)

Love the RnRC picture - so fun!!! I haven’t been on that since Willow was 3 and I had other adults with me. This summer, Maddie and Willow SHOULD have their first rides on that attraction. Should because, although Maddie has made the height requirement, Shorty McShorteston Willow is still not quite there yet. I think she will be by July/August though. And I’m predicting that EE will be replaced by RnRC as her MUST RIDE! :laughing:

You (um, do I mean your mom???) got some great fireworks pics! I love seeing all the DHS Frozen stuff - so cool. Can’t wait to experience it this year - I have to believe it will all be back given the so-far-undying Frozen sensation. :laughing:

Can't wait to hear about your solo adventure!

Hahaha, I'm conquering my fear of change!!

Ooooooo Green Army Men show?! Get me back to DCA!!

Meeko was precious. I could totally see Willow hanging out with Poca!!

Jafar and Genie together was such a fun meet!! I know how rare it is so I was thrilled.

Hehehe oh I can only imagine Willow dragging me on to that blasted elevator…maybe someday!!!

Eee I will be crossing my fingers that Willow is tall enough to try it. It's SO fun and I know she will love it!

HAHAH how'd you know it was my mom? Yes, she did a phenomenal job. I can definitely foresee some Frozen fun coming back this year!

I just caught up and am loving it!

You're doing such a great job making us feel like we are there with you. I have so much I want to say about each of your updates, but I don't even know where to start. So, in no order, I love that you got to go on KTTK. It's a big dream of mine to do one trip. Your dessert party surprise was super sweet (cheesy pun, I know, I know) and I am thrilled the weather held out. I also love the matching shirts you all wore. I am all about it.

Your trip is jam packed and I admire your long days in the summer heat. In August, I need a midday break for some nap or pool time. Is this what mid-twenties looks like? You go, girl.

Oh, I'm following you on Instagram. I love talking Disney with other twenty-somethings. Is there a page on the boards where you chat with others around our age? I've yet to find one but figured you would know.

Following along and looking forward to it!

Hi!! Thank you SO much for all the nice words!! I would absolutely recommend Keys to the Kingdom, it's a fantastic experience. We loved being the family with the matching shirts. No shame.

We did a couple midday breaks, but yeah for the most part we just keep going and going and going! We'll sleep when we're dead!

I think I followed you back!!! There isn't a specific page where I chat with people close to our age, but I can direct you to a few TRs by girls around our age:
There's A Great Big Marathon Tomorrow
Dapper with Duffy

Finally caught up and loving it!

Thank you so much for reading along!!

Chapter 42: Little Town, It’s A Quiet Village

This morning was my solo adventure! Dad and I got breakfast together and I had a delicious apple turnover:

14683232231_feeb8d195a_c.jpg

Then I hopped on a bus to MK and made it just in time for the opening show!

Now, I just had a few things I wanted to do:
Meet Princess Tiana.
See the Enchanted Tiki Room.
Get a Nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow.

None of those are really necessary to rope drop, so I decided to go to Enchanted Tales with Belle. I actually thought about going to Mine Train for a second…then I saw the mob of people heading there and decided against it.

The CMs walked us to Fantasyland (hi Kaela), but one guy escaped from behind the rope and bolted to the castle. WE GOT A RUNNER!

When we got to New Fantasyland, I was the only one to turn left toward Belle’s cottage. It’s funny because my dad and I went on a Disney trip together the January after New Fantasyland opened and rope dropped Enchanted Tales both days, and I remember how crowded it would get. Times have changed now that the Dwarfs and Elsa and Anna are in town. But the walk over brought back so many good memories from that trip!

The CM said since I was the first one to enter, I would get the red card!

So I walk into Belle’s cottage…and nobody else comes in for 10 minutes. I was alone in Belle’s cottage and I’m not going to lie, it was a little awkward.

14686411265_cc3a364a49_c.jpg

I texted my friend Katie and told her I was by myself, and she said, “You get to play all the parts!!!”

At least I got to take a ton of good pictures though!

14499768819_8e5b6b3203_c.jpg

14706297443_39b20f977b_c.jpg

14686113992_04da08890b_c.jpg

Finally another family showed up, a mom, two daughters, and a grandmother. The girls were asking what this was and the mom didn’t know, so I told them it was a show and then you got to meet Belle at the end. The girls’ jaws hit the floor, they were so excited! I told them to make sure they volunteered for a part so they would get to meet Belle, and the mom asked if I was a local. Not yet…

We went through the magic mirror, and I was happy that the girls I talked to got to be Mrs. Potts and Maurice! As for me, I love attention too much to not volunteer, even by myself. So I was the Wardrobe.

14686113922_8edce06fa2_c.jpg

Belle told me I was a lovely singer. Take that, CM who rejected me from the American Idol Experience!

14791793011_3f51468e22_c.jpg

She loved my ears, too.

14771914356_de74c2a094_c.jpg

14771914146_d6a6ab65e3_c.jpg

The cast was much more enthusiastic than the other day so I’m glad I went earlier in the morning…but it’s definitely not a rope drop necessity anymore.

I got out of Enchanted Tales and headed over to Liberty Square to meet Tiana! She was the main reason I went to MK. After Belle, she is my favorite princess and I was bummed I didn’t get to meet her on either of our MK days. I was behind two families so I didn’t have to wait too long.

This picture makes me laugh out loud. Since tattoos can fade if they get too much sunlight, I’m always super careful about putting sunscreen on my tattoo…and not so much with the rest of me, resulting in this tan line.

14608281948_72e01a998c_c.jpg

I said, “Good morning, Princess Tiana!” and she said, “Good morning, Princess Belle! You’re looking mighty dapper this morning!” WHAT AN ANGEL.

14608212430_eb3fe362a6_c.jpg

She asked where I was from and about the food from my area. I told her that seafood was very popular and she said she made a seafood gumbo for Ariel once…that didn’t go over well.

14794915255_f98aba2a48_c.jpg

14792546764_199c12225e_c.jpg

14814752183_db32c076bf_c.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Yay for the solo trip!!

That apple turnover looks delish :faint:

Enchanted Tales with Belle is so cute!!! It was one of my favorite parts of my own lil solo adventure at MK last year!!! I got to be Mrs. Potts!!!

Omg tiana. The line about making a seafood gumbo for Ariel... :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see the rest of your solo adventure!!!

Ha, I know what you mean about feeling awkward when you were alone in the cottage! When I did my solo morning at MK last Aug. I hit HM first thing. I was the first one on line :cheer2: outside the mansion doors, so I just stood there with a stupid happy grin on my face, listening to the very faint, eerie organ music and waiting for other guests to come.......and waiting.....and waiting.......and listening to the eerie music......and waiting for someone else to come......and waiting to see another human being.....I started to think something was wrong. Was it closed? Was I in a freaky horror movie? WHY WEREN'T ANY CM's COMING OUT AND WHY WAS NOBODY ELSE WANTING TO RIDE HM THIS MORNING?? :scared1: It seemed like forever! Finally another woman came and they opened the doors and we were locked in my beloved stretching room :goodvibes but it felt weird (and kind of cool)being the only one in line!

I have to admit, I've never actually done the whole "rope drop" thing (I was there before opening last trip, but I kinda just stayed back while the mob surged forward), but ... I would be very entertained to see a runner. I'd probably stop following the CM and spend a few minutes cracking up.

Alone in the cottage definitely sounds awkward ... but yay for getting good pictures out of it!

I've never met Tiana ... I have to meet her on my next trip! Your pictures make me even more excited to meet her!

Ok, I chuckled at the "we've got a runner" line - be great if like the mayor ran out and tackled him.

That must be a bit weird being in the cottage (or any attraction really) alone for that long - though good thing you were there to explain it to that family.

A few trips ago the Tiana and Naveen meet was the surprise meet for us in how great it was so not surprised meeting her was a priority for you - glad it lived up to expectations.

I've been reading your TR and what a fun trip for your sister's birthday! The tour sounds awesome, I hope to do one someday.

That's so fun that you got to take some time off to yourself! I missed meeting Tiana, hope to do that next time, she seems so sweet.

When we got to New Fantasyland, I was the only one to turn left toward Belle’s cottage. It’s funny because my dad and I went on a Disney trip together the January after New Fantasyland opened and rope dropped Enchanted Tales both days, and I remember how crowded it would get. Times have changed now that the Dwarfs and Elsa and Anna are in town. But the walk over brought back so many good memories from that trip!
I noticed that about ETWB. It might also be true with Journey of the Little Mermaid, too. Those two attractions were new when we were there in 2013 and they both had really long lines. Now the stand by lines aren't too bad. I have a feeling that the mine train will remain popular, though, like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania seem to be.

SOLO ADVENTURE!!!!!!! :dancer:

OMG a runner. :rotfl2: It would be priceless if in all his determination to beat the system he was only going to the Treehouse (even though I know it's a different direction, it would still be funny. Actually, even funnier).

Oh Courtney, I bet you were in heaven with your Belle. I love that you did a part.:hug:

"seafood gumbo for Ariel" :rotfl2:

Wow, Tiana looked particularly stunning that morning.

All alone in Belle's cottage?! I would be so excited :) Glad you took all those pictures! We've only been to ETWB once and I didn't get a very good look around. LOOVE the picture of Belle with her mother. So sweet princess:
I always think a solo day in Disney World would be awesome--usually I start to think this after a couple days spent with my beloved family :dumbo: hehe!

Another fun installment! Can't wait for more.

P.S. Your tattoo is sweet :) It's "love 'em" to infinity and beyond, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter