• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There'’s Nowhere To Go But Down...…To The Utilidors! NEW TR LINK 6/4

Nice start to your solo adventure!

Love the pictures of Belle's cottage, awkward or not it had to be pretty cool to look around without anyone else there. And how sweet you gave some advice to that family. I love that about Disney; it's not weird to chat to other folks and their kids. Can you tell I live in a city full of unfriendliness?

What a cute interaction with Tiana! I've never seen her film (I know) but I understand she is a sassy princess!

I am the same way with my tattoos! The one on my foot is a bit faded from the sun and I've only had it for about 5 years.

Yay for being IG friends! Thanks for the links to other TRs. I'll check them out for sure!

I cracked up at the runner line. What did they do when he did it, if I can ask?

I'm a big fan of having a little solo time on trips to do things you want to do. I usually like to soak up the atmosphere, tour resorts, and, of course, shop. Tiana seemed so sweet so glad you got to meet her. Cute ears, by the way! I don't think I've seen them before.

Hi Courtney, I'm getting caught up here. Glad that you were revived after seeing the floats back-stage during your KTTK tour otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read about the fabulous Wishes dessert party. BOTH in one day? That's pretty awesome! I love reading about the tour from others since there was no way that I was able to remember all the details from ours. Sometimes it's the little things like the Pirates chess game that makes me say ohhh yeahhh. Cool!

Fantastic photos from the Wishes fireworks and Frozen fireworks. :)

Hi Courtney! Excited to see an update!

I just love that you did a solo morning. Don’t get me wrong here - I can’t imagine anything better than doing Disney trips with Miss Willow, but I have to say the idea of a solo trip someday is very appealing. :laughing:

But OMG - I can’t believe you were just hangin’ in Belle’s cottage by yourself all that time. How WEIRD!!! :rotfl2: Great people-less pics though!!! And I love your pics with Belle!

You know, Courtney, there are many reasons that we have bonded, but I never realized that one of them was that we have the same two favorite princesses! Belle - duh! She’s a reader and a thinker! Tiana - a self-made, strong woman! Why don't more people gravitate towards her??? *sigh*

But, honey, take care of the REST of our skin (yes, I grew up with a dermatologist father - I'll be hounding you about this for life!)! ::yes::

A seafood gumbo for Ariel! That is AWESOME!!! :laughing:

Love reading about your solo adventure!

That Apple turnover looks yummy!

Fabulous photos of you and Belle and Tiana! I love the comment where Tiana says she made Seafood Gumbo for Ariel. That's so great!

Super funny about your tattoo tan line.

Can't wait to see what the rest of your day holds.

Your solo morning got off to a great start!

I'd really like to try Enchanted Tales this trip! It was brand new the last time we were there so the lines were INSANE (I can't imagine the opportunity to view the cabin alone!), so I'm hoping it will be easier this time. You got a great shot with Belle! Love the ears! :goodvibes

Tiana seems fabulous! "Seafood gumbo for Ariel"... :lmao:

So I'm caught up to and including chapter 24.
Now the annoying part. I was opening up multiple tabs at once so I could keep reading without flicking back and forth.
And when something would catch my eye, I'd highlight it and add it to the +Quote list.
And of course, since they were on seperate windows... they all went away.

Ah, well.

How about I summarize by saying that I'm loving the TR so far? Will that do?
My lunch break's over and I have to get back to work... but I'll be back to read the rest soon! :goodvibes

Aaaaannnndddd....
All caught up!
Lovin' this TR so far!

Might I add that you looked absolutely lovely in your formal night dress?

Alone in Belle's cottage? Sounds awesome, not awkward.

Of course you were a fantastic wardrobe :)

That's a hot tan line for sure :p

You and Tiana look super fab together. And she's too funny talking about the seafood gumbo.

Ooh morning solo adventure.

Those are solid goals.

I can just imagine, walking along the street behind a line of CMs, and suddenly, a lone man breaks free and runs along Main Street USA. There's something beautiful about it.

Not really, people be cray.

But yeah, early morning Magic Kingdom is kind of wonderful since those new attractions - so long as that's not what your plans consist of.

I love Belle's cottage so much. That's the one part I dislike about getting a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Truthfully, you skip one of the best parts of the experience.

We've only gotten to be a plate and silverware in this show, though. Maybe someday I'll luck out and be the Wardrobe.

That tan line is pretty great. My tattoos can't really get direct sunlight for the most part, but when I get one that does, I'll be careful to keep it well sunscreened - and hopefully the rest of me too :P

I love meeting Tiana. Not only is she so nice, she's always so gorgeous. I also love meeting characters that can give a bit more spunk and sass than just being sweet and nice.

Yay for the solo trip!!

That apple turnover looks delish :faint:

Enchanted Tales with Belle is so cute!!! It was one of my favorite parts of my own lil solo adventure at MK last year!!! I got to be Mrs. Potts!!!

Omg tiana. The line about making a seafood gumbo for Ariel... :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see the rest of your solo adventure!!!

That apple turnover was life-giving. Loved it.

Right?! It's one of my favorites, since Belle is my number one fave!! You'd be a perfect Mrs. Potts!

HAHAHA she was too much. Love her to pieces.

Coming up!!

Ha, I know what you mean about feeling awkward when you were alone in the cottage! When I did my solo morning at MK last Aug. I hit HM first thing. I was the first one on line :cheer2: outside the mansion doors, so I just stood there with a stupid happy grin on my face, listening to the very faint, eerie organ music and waiting for other guests to come.......and waiting.....and waiting.......and listening to the eerie music......and waiting for someone else to come......and waiting to see another human being.....I started to think something was wrong. Was it closed? Was I in a freaky horror movie? WHY WEREN'T ANY CM's COMING OUT AND WHY WAS NOBODY ELSE WANTING TO RIDE HM THIS MORNING?? :scared1: It seemed like forever! Finally another woman came and they opened the doors and we were locked in my beloved stretching room :goodvibes but it felt weird (and kind of cool)being the only one in line!

Oh my gosh, that's so crazy that you basically had the stretching room all to yourself!! I know, I love going to the big popular rides at rope drop, but there's something really fun about going to a smaller ride and having the place to yourself.

I have to admit, I've never actually done the whole "rope drop" thing (I was there before opening last trip, but I kinda just stayed back while the mob surged forward), but ... I would be very entertained to see a runner. I'd probably stop following the CM and spend a few minutes cracking up.

Alone in the cottage definitely sounds awkward ... but yay for getting good pictures out of it!

I've never met Tiana ... I have to meet her on my next trip! Your pictures make me even more excited to meet her!

Oh my gosh, it was hilarious. It was a guy definitely heading for Mine Train or Anna and Elsa, which made it even funnier...love the Fantasyland dads.

It was a little awkward, but I didn't have anywhere else to be, so I made the best of it!

Tiana is an angel! She's one of the best characters to interact with so I would definitely meet her if you can!

Ok, I chuckled at the "we've got a runner" line - be great if like the mayor ran out and tackled him.

That must be a bit weird being in the cottage (or any attraction really) alone for that long - though good thing you were there to explain it to that family.

A few trips ago the Tiana and Naveen meet was the surprise meet for us in how great it was so not surprised meeting her was a priority for you - glad it lived up to expectations.

When I take over the Magic Kingdom, you can have that job. Tackling the runners who try to escape the orderly queue.

It was a little weird but I was glad to have the chance to take some pics!

Oh man, I love meeting Naveen as well and wish I could have on this trip. They're so much fun together!

I've been reading your TR and what a fun trip for your sister's birthday! The tour sounds awesome, I hope to do one someday.

That's so fun that you got to take some time off to yourself! I missed meeting Tiana, hope to do that next time, she seems so sweet.

Thank you so much for reading!! You should definitely do Keys to the Kingdom or one of the other tours. They are amazing and worth every penny.

I hope you get to meet Tiana too! She's a queen in my eyes.

I noticed that about ETWB. It might also be true with Journey of the Little Mermaid, too. Those two attractions were new when we were there in 2013 and they both had really long lines. Now the stand by lines aren't too bad. I have a feeling that the mine train will remain popular, though, like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania seem to be.

I know! I remember doing both of those right away because the lines would be an hour long all day. Now it's so easy to get into both of them. I agree that the Mine Train has a broader appeal so it's likely to stay really popular over time.
SOLO ADVENTURE!!!!!!! :dancer:

OMG a runner. :rotfl2: It would be priceless if in all his determination to beat the system he was only going to the Treehouse (even though I know it's a different direction, it would still be funny. Actually, even funnier).

Oh Courtney, I bet you were in heaven with your Belle. I love that you did a part.:hug:

"seafood gumbo for Ariel" :rotfl2:

Wow, Tiana looked particularly stunning that morning.

I knew you would be happy I made it onto a solo adventure!

Right?! Or worse...it's a small world...that's in the same direction :P

It was definitely the best way for me to start an MK morning. I've seriously never had a bad meet with Belle, she's always so lovely.

I DIED at that line. Tiana's a funny one!

She did! Such a beautiful princess!!

All alone in Belle's cottage?! I would be so excited :) Glad you took all those pictures! We've only been to ETWB once and I didn't get a very good look around. LOOVE the picture of Belle with her mother. So sweet princess:
I always think a solo day in Disney World would be awesome--usually I start to think this after a couple days spent with my beloved family :dumbo: hehe!

Another fun installment! Can't wait for more.

P.S. Your tattoo is sweet :) It's "love 'em" to infinity and beyond, right?

I was ecstatic! There are so many great details in the queue that the time flew by really quickly.

Haha no I am with you. I love my family but it was nice to have a little time on my own!

Thank you!! Very close, "EM" were my grandmother's initials. I got the tattoo shortly after she passed and it's really special to me so I'm glad you like it!

Nice start to your solo adventure!

Love the pictures of Belle's cottage, awkward or not it had to be pretty cool to look around without anyone else there. And how sweet you gave some advice to that family. I love that about Disney; it's not weird to chat to other folks and their kids. Can you tell I live in a city full of unfriendliness?

What a cute interaction with Tiana! I've never seen her film (I know) but I understand she is a sassy princess!

I am the same way with my tattoos! The one on my foot is a bit faded from the sun and I've only had it for about 5 years.

Seriously one of my favorite things about Disney, how easy it is to chat with other people!

Princess and the Frog is one of my favorites! She is a bit sassy in the best way.

I know, I really want my tattoo to stay as it is so I'm intense with the sunscreen haha.

Yay for being IG friends! Thanks for the links to other TRs. I'll check them out for sure!

I cracked up at the runner line. What did they do when he did it, if I can ask?

I'm a big fan of having a little solo time on trips to do things you want to do. I usually like to soak up the atmosphere, tour resorts, and, of course, shop. Tiana seemed so sweet so glad you got to meet her. Cute ears, by the way! I don't think I've seen them before.

Haha another CM jogged after him and was like EXCUSE ME SIR YOU MUST GET BACK IN LINE and he walked back.

Oh shopping is one of my favorite things to do solo! I never have to feel like I'm wasting anyone else's time. Thank you!! My friend got them for me on her DCP and they're my favorite.

Hi Courtney, I'm getting caught up here. Glad that you were revived after seeing the floats back-stage during your KTTK tour otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read about the fabulous Wishes dessert party. BOTH in one day? That's pretty awesome! I love reading about the tour from others since there was no way that I was able to remember all the details from ours. Sometimes it's the little things like the Pirates chess game that makes me say ohhh yeahhh. Cool!

Fantastic photos from the Wishes fireworks and Frozen fireworks. :)

Hi Brenda!! So glad to see you around!! It was seriously a phenomenal day to get both Keys to the Kingdom and the Wishes dessert party.

My mom gets all the credit for those photos. She did an amazing job!

Hi Courtney! Excited to see an update!

I just love that you did a solo morning. Don’t get me wrong here - I can’t imagine anything better than doing Disney trips with Miss Willow, but I have to say the idea of a solo trip someday is very appealing. :laughing:

But OMG - I can’t believe you were just hangin’ in Belle’s cottage by yourself all that time. How WEIRD!!! :rotfl2: Great people-less pics though!!! And I love your pics with Belle!

You know, Courtney, there are many reasons that we have bonded, but I never realized that one of them was that we have the same two favorite princesses! Belle - duh! She’s a reader and a thinker! Tiana - a self-made, strong woman! Why don't more people gravitate towards her??? *sigh*

But, honey, take care of the REST of our skin (yes, I grew up with a dermatologist father - I'll be hounding you about this for life!)! ::yes::

A seafood gumbo for Ariel! That is AWESOME!!! :laughing:

Hi Roni! I know, I've been DIS slacking, but I'm here now to do an update.

I'm with you. I love doing Disney with my family, but at the same time, it felt great to do whatever I wanted without being worried that everyone else wouldn't enjoy it.

HAHAH it was so awkward yet hilarious. And totally worth it when I got to meet Belle.

Wait, that's so amazing we have the same two favorites! I related to those two more than any others because I love to read and I'm extremely hardworking, so they will always be my faves!

I know. I'm ashamed. I'm really good about putting sunscreen on in the morning but I forget to reapply. I'll work on it just for you!

Tiana was hilarious!!

Love reading about your solo adventure!

That Apple turnover looks yummy!

Fabulous photos of you and Belle and Tiana! I love the comment where Tiana says she made Seafood Gumbo for Ariel. That's so great!

Super funny about your tattoo tan line.

Can't wait to see what the rest of your day holds.

The apple turnover was phenomenal! I miss it.

Tiana was so funny!! She was quick, too.

That picture still makes me laugh. I tried real hard not to get burned...

Your solo morning got off to a great start!

I'd really like to try Enchanted Tales this trip! It was brand new the last time we were there so the lines were INSANE (I can't imagine the opportunity to view the cabin alone!), so I'm hoping it will be easier this time. You got a great shot with Belle! Love the ears! :goodvibes

Tiana seems fabulous! "Seafood gumbo for Ariel"... :lmao:

I think it's something everyone should do at least once! It is a really adorable show with some magical Disney effects. And it's the only place to meet Gold Dress Belle besides Akershus.

Tiana was absolutely hilarious! One of my favorite parts of the trip.

So I'm caught up to and including chapter 24.
Now the annoying part. I was opening up multiple tabs at once so I could keep reading without flicking back and forth.
And when something would catch my eye, I'd highlight it and add it to the +Quote list.
And of course, since they were on seperate windows... they all went away.

Ah, well.

How about I summarize by saying that I'm loving the TR so far? Will that do?
My lunch break's over and I have to get back to work... but I'll be back to read the rest soon! :goodvibes

Oh no! New DIS 1, Pkondz 0. I'm so glad you've read along and enjoyed it so far!!

Aaaaannnndddd....
All caught up!
Lovin' this TR so far!

Might I add that you looked absolutely lovely in your formal night dress?

Thanks so much for catching up!!! And oh shucks, thank you!!

Alone in Belle's cottage? Sounds awesome, not awkward.

Of course you were a fantastic wardrobe :)

That's a hot tan line for sure :p

You and Tiana look super fab together. And she's too funny talking about the seafood gumbo.

It was awkward for like 10 seconds and then it was a dream come true.

Thank you!! You da best.

Hahaha right? Got the attention of all the boys :P

She was hilarious!! Love that lady.

Ooh morning solo adventure.

Those are solid goals.

I can just imagine, walking along the street behind a line of CMs, and suddenly, a lone man breaks free and runs along Main Street USA. There's something beautiful about it.

Not really, people be cray.

But yeah, early morning Magic Kingdom is kind of wonderful since those new attractions - so long as that's not what your plans consist of.

I love Belle's cottage so much. That's the one part I dislike about getting a FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Truthfully, you skip one of the best parts of the experience.

We've only gotten to be a plate and silverware in this show, though. Maybe someday I'll luck out and be the Wardrobe.

That tan line is pretty great. My tattoos can't really get direct sunlight for the most part, but when I get one that does, I'll be careful to keep it well sunscreened - and hopefully the rest of me too :P

I love meeting Tiana. Not only is she so nice, she's always so gorgeous. I also love meeting characters that can give a bit more spunk and sass than just being sweet and nice.

I'm glad you agree with my priorities!

You know, I appreciated his passion if nothing else.

Right? Even the day we did Splash and Big Thunder, the waits were nothing because everyone went to Mine Train (note that I accidentally spelled it as Mien, the German version) or Anna and Elsa.

I agree. I wouldn't get a FP for Belle again. It didn't save us much time and we missed the cottage.

I think you'd be an inspired Wardrobe. And I could see Amber as Chip.

Hahaha yeah REALLY important to keep your tattoos covered in sunscreen. Otherwise they fade. My dad and I both have tattoos so we're always reminding each other to put sunscreen on it.

Right? She's so much fun!

Chapter 43: The One Where Chipmunks Fall In Love With Me

Next, I headed to my love, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room! It was super fun, as always. This time I looked for the birds’ moving chests after hearing Trent talk about it on Keys to the Kingdom, and I did notice that the birds were breathing!

14499960257_678071914a_c.jpg

I was wandering around, checking the wait times for Splash and Big Thunder, when I saw that cowboy Chip and Dale were out with not too long a line!

Dale pointed out my ears and mimed that he was ballroom dancing.

14814758573_376c7e4860_c.jpg

Then, Chip kissed my hand!

14791788851_27ec46d0ee_c.jpg

Dale was not happy about that, so he hugged me and told Chip to go away. The character attendants told them not to let Gaston know! This picture kills me.

14608209940_5c76499985_c.jpg

Chip wanted to start a fight.

14792552604_52f5c3635b_c.jpg

They made up so we could take a group picture…

14771918516_592eb3fdec_c.jpg

Then they walked toward the exit with me! The character attendant told me that the family behind me looked terrified that Chip and Dale were going to leave the meet and greet.

This was such a good meet! I was a little nervous about meeting characters by myself but they made it so much fun that I decided to have a character day!

But first, I saw a familiar face at the FP+ kiosks…KAELA! Since there wasn’t a line I figured it would be okay to go over and say hi.

I introduced myself as “Courtney from Twitter” and the other CM goes, “Kaela, you tweet?” I told her that Kaela was famous on the Internet and Kaela goes, “You have no idea.”

We chatted a little bit about my trip and the College Program. She is such a sweetheart and I’m so glad I got to meet her! We took a selfie together:

14683221491_2f98c34ced_c.jpg

(P.S. Now Kaela and I are buds and she has a fabulous TR going: Dapper with Duffy!)

My next stop was Storybook Circus to meet some friends.

Goofy is also in love with me.

14792551224_bd389b989f_c.jpg

Goofy really liked my ears.

14608207820_ebf07984b0_c.jpg

Donald liked them, but wanted to know why I didn’t have a Donald beak on. I told him they should really sell those.

14608390687_5fa15ec440_c.jpg

Daisy and I posed together.

14608253979_f7ec16ebf6_c.jpg

I told Minnie how much I loved her dress, and she twirled!

14771877496_d847e620c3_c.jpg

14792510784_a0c46800de_c.jpg

I was getting pretty hungry, so I made my way back to Main Street. DAWM was going on and it was a beautiful day in the Magic Kingdom.

14706296993_c715dd14b2_c.jpg

"Did somebody say adventure?"

14499767579_dcf76042be_c.jpg

I got one of my absolute favorite Disney snacks...THE NUTELLA WAFFLE! I also got a lemonade. But let’s be real. It’s all about the Nutella and banana waffle. It was sooooooooo good.

14499779108_27c779c82b_c.jpg

Awwwww, your Chip and Dale photos are so cute!

The storybook circus group is always fun! I like how sassy Donald was about the ears ;)

There's something incredibly satisfying about knowing you got your nutella waffle that day. I'm very proud.

Great update as usual!

I was behind but just caught up. Loving your TR. Love all of the character meets you are doing. The Chip and Dale pic is super cute! And yay for being the wardrobe with Belle! :)

Chapter 43: The One Where Chipmunks Fall In Love With Me

Love the title of this chapter! :laughing:

This time I looked for the birds’ moving chests after hearing Trent talk about it on Keys to the Kingdom, and I did notice that the birds were breathing!

I just heard about that too!
From a completely different source, but I swear it was just a couple of days ago!

Love your expression in this one!

I introduced myself as “Courtney from Twitter” and the other CM goes, “Kaela, you tweet?” I told her that Kaela was famous on the Internet and Kaela goes, “You have no idea.”

:laughing:

Goofy is also in love with me.

You were getting a lot of love that day.

Donald liked them, but wanted to know why I didn’t have a Donald beak on. I told him they should really sell those.

It does seem reasonable, doesn't it?

I got one of my absolute favorite Disney snacks...THE NUTELLA WAFFLE!

What the heck is that???
I've never seen or heard of that before!
Where on earth (or should I say "in the World") did you get that?

I need to get back to the Tiki Room.

Look at that, Chip and Dale having it out over you. I mean, it must have been a very special moment. That's the sort of stuff that makes character interactions.

Aww yay for running into Kaela. I follow her on Tumblr.

Goofy should be in love with you :p

I love that whole meet and greet area over at the Sideshow. I just love the theme and the costumes and all of it. Plus, Minnie is a darling for twirling in her dress (Did you know those are real crystals on it? I learned that from Hayley last trip since she has some friends of Minnie).

I do not, however, love Nutella. So that waffle is not for me. Marie wants one next time though, so I'll see it in person at least.

I've developed a liking to the Enchanted Tiki Room just by listening to the song. We definitely need to do it more.

That character meet was flawless. Chip and Dale are such cuties as cowboys, but I mean, what better way to start the day than by having chipmunks fight for your love? And that's actually pretty funny that the next family in line was looking horrified. Poor them though - obviously new to the world. Phineas and Ferb tried to leave with us once, but I didn't notice how the families in line were reacting.

Yay for impromptu meets!

That was a pretty good morning, knocking a lot of big numbers out of the park!

And that is such a perfect way to wrap it up. I need that nutella waffle sandwich in my life so very badly. November. It's happening.

BAHAHAHA, that is so freakin' cute with Chip and Dale fighting over you. And all the while with a big smile on their faces. Precious. So glad they were able to reconcile for a photo. And an adorable photo at that.

Awww Kaela!! That is so cool that you found her like that. I guess that makes you her first DISmeet (which I already knew anyway. I still hold the group honours though). I love that you're all buddies now. Disney rules!

Oh this is so great that you did characters solo. How fun is that, right?

Oh look, the moat at the castle actually has water!!

And as a final note for no reason at all... :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: party: :jumping1:

Hi everyone!!!

So I have big news. HUGE NEWS.

As many of you know, it's been my dream to work for the Walt Disney Company. And I'm excited to say that the most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with...

An email.

16115808403_b5b95f3336_z.jpg

This summer I will be moving to Walt Disney World to participate in the Fall Advantage Disney College Program!!! I will be an Attractions Cast Member. That was my top choice role so needless to say, I am ECSTATIC that I got this opportunity!!!

I will update you all with more details (like the official dates) as I hear about them!

I'M MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Continued in next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter