"There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again! UPDATE 1/13

Joining in! I have enjoyed reading your other trip reports! How fun to do Disney with friends at your age! My first trip was after I was married...it would've been fun to go during high school/college. Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Joining in! I have enjoyed reading your other trip reports! How fun to do Disney with friends at your age! My first trip was after I was married...it would've been fun to go during high school/college. Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Thank you so much! It was an absolute BLAST! I had such a great time! Going with your husband was probably awesome too... I can't wait till I can do that someday! :goodvibes Thanks for reading!​

It's nice to know that I am not the only Disney obsessed college student. :thumbsup2

I must admit I have set here all weekend and read ALL of you TRs instead of doing homework! I couldn't help it! They were just so darn entertaining! So I guess I'd like to say....keep um comin! :lmao:

Yay! Yay! Another trip report. I've read all of your others and Kristen's too. So I've been wondering about a report for this trip. We just decided to go Thanksgiving again this year instead of waiting until next. We are all so excited. I've made most of my ADRs for this trip based off your other trip reports. We are trying several new restaurants.

Also my daughter and I are making notes off those nails!! We are going to practice before our trip! Can't wait to read more!

It's nice to know that I am not the only Disney obsessed college student. :thumbsup2

I must admit I have set here all weekend and read ALL of you TRs instead of doing homework! I couldn't help it! They were just so darn entertaining! So I guess I'd like to say....keep um comin! :lmao:

Hahaha you are DEFINITELY not! :)
And you know what... I think that was a much better decision :rotfl: I'm working on making the movie of the trip and I decided to do that all weekend instead of my homework. So I completely understand! I will definitely keep them coming! :thumbsup2

Yay! Yay! Another trip report. I've read all of your others and Kristen's too. So I've been wondering about a report for this trip. We just decided to go Thanksgiving again this year instead of waiting until next. We are all so excited. I've made most of my ADRs for this trip based off your other trip reports. We are trying several new restaurants.

Also my daughter and I are making notes off those nails!! We are going to practice before our trip! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome, welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying. I'm so glad you're going for Thanksgiving - that's gonna be so fun! Nat (who is in this TR) is going for thanksgiving too! Ahh I'm so happy I could help you decide on some of your restaurants! Seriously, I love them all so much. And I love taking food pictures so I'm glad they helped! I hope you like all of the new ones!
Aww I'm glad you like our nails! If you do them take pictures! We would love to see them!
Have a magical trip! :wizard:

Alright so I've got to make BIG apology here... I'm SOOOOOOO sorry I'm commenting on these updates so late. School is being mean to me and doesn't give me any DIS time :headache: Then, the other fun stuff I do after school gives me less time to do the stuff I need to do for school so... well I'll just not go into everything but to make it short, I'm busy, though I'm trying to get on more often and I'm commenting now and that's all that matters :-)

YAY! You guys got into Disney AHEAD of schedule, epicness!!! I can only imagine how spastic you guys were getting off that plane. If I was going to Disney to surprise a friend or for some really cool reason, I probably would've flied off the plane lol

LOL @ the whole stalk... uhh, I mean, discreet following of people with Disney suitcases ;) I can already tell your friend Nat probably has some funny stories in this TR... I'm getting excited already!

WOOT! Magical Express! <333333333 I get lost all the time too trying to find that place. Why can't it be just... there?! Life would be so much easier, seriously, at that point, I just want to be in Disney for crying out loud! GRRRR... but you found it :thumbsup2 And you got front row on your bus, though I must agree, I've usually been lucky enough to go on the ME buses most of the time, but I was on one of the DCL ones and my heart remains with the regular ME bus (thinking of this from another non-DISers perspective, I'm pretty crazy for saying my heart remains with a bus :laughing:, okay moving on...) And that's awesome you got such a great driver, I've always gotten the guys with the thick accents and I can NEVER understand them, they are nice, but I'd like to understand them thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be lucky next time to get a guy like Paul :-) And I love the new Let The Memories Begin video too, so sweet :goodvibes

YAY! Officially in WDW! I love how you took a picture as you got closer and closer, so cute, makes you feel like you are actually driving up... you got that on video right? :) And then to Coronado Springs! I've always wanted to stay there, it looks so nice :teeth: That's awesome you got moved to the section Kristen was in and I think a lot of people like Casitas more generally, but what do I know? Haha

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Chapter 3: Corando... Cornoda... Colorado... Corona...?
August 19th, 2011

Did you ever notice how people can never remember the name of Coronado Springs? Hahaha seriously these are only a few variations of the name that I heard on this trip. I guess if you don't know much about Disney... I suppose it's an easy mix up. But all of these names are very humorous to a diser like me.

I mean... Corona Springs? That could be a bit iffy... especially for Disney! :lmao:

Anyways, it was time to go to our room! Aka our new home for the next 5 days!

dsc00071tv.jpg

We left El Centro and headed towards Casitas 5! You take a left out of El Centro and just keep walking. It's not right there, but it's definitely within a reasonable walking distance.

While we were walking to our room, the rain started up again! We got POURED on. So much for those outfits we had going!

We finally got to Casitas 5 and we found our room! We had room number #5120! We were on the first floor.

dsc0060jt.jpg

We opened the door and saw this:

dsc0054hzl.jpg

dsc0055ss.jpg

And the bathroom area:

dsc0057cw.jpg

dsc0058w.jpg

Opposite View:

dsc0059ml.jpg

We found our Hidden Mickeys too! I love that about Disney Hotels.

On the blanket:

dsc0063m.jpg

On the body pillow:

dsc0064imz.jpg

On the desk lamp:

dsc1074u.jpg

dsc1073r.jpg

On the corner of the mirror:

dsc0510p.jpg

Our Towel Animal:

dsc0506k.jpg

And our Towel Mickey:

dsc0056duc.jpg

Our room is so cute! We loved it!

You know what is kind of weird about the Coronado rooms? The windows are near the front doors. I'm used to the "view" being along the back wall. I think that the front window view might be a Moderate/Value thing... I think I remember Pop being the same way.

Our window with a view (of the first floor):

dsc0062rn.jpg

dsc0061kd.jpg

Anyways... my Mother gave me the advice that "even though we would be excited, we should unpack right away because we'll be too tired to do it later!" So we unpacked.

I'm glad we did - because if I didn't do it then, I would have never had the energy! (I'm not kidding when I say "there's no sleeping in Disney." We didn't sleep.)

While we were unpacking, we watched Stacey. This was Nat's first time in a Disney resort, so this was her first "official" meeting with Stacey. She said "hi Stacey, nice to meet you!" She was very excited.

dsc00073hy.jpg

Once we unpacked, we changed our clothes and fixed our make up. We were freakin' out. WE WERE IN DISNEY!!

We were getting hungry, though, so we decided that it was time to head towards El Centro and get some dinner.

dsc0065d.jpg

We went to Pepper Market! (Okay, I don't know why... but I ALWAYS say "Pepper Market" in a British accent. It's just sort of necessary.)

dsc0216uu.jpg

It's really cool in there, and as most of you know, it's set up differently than most counter service places. You get a card, take it to the food station, decide what you want, and get it stamped. Then AFTER you eat, you take up your card and pay for it.

So I decided to get some pasta because, hey, I love pasta.

Unfortunately, it was crowded. It was taking a long time, and there were some rowdy children in front of me who did not want to stand still. However, I think I was so excited to be in Disney, it didn't really phase me. (I didn't even write it in my Trip Journal! I just remembered that now haha)

We sat down and took our first DISNEY FOOD PICTURES!

Here is my Chicken Alfredo:

dsc0068qw.jpg

And Nat's Chicken Quesadillas:

dsc0067fg.jpg

We were so incredibly happy to eat. We have been stalking the Disney Food Pictures thread for months, so this was pretty exciting to see it in person.

I had to remind Nat throughout the trip to pace herself when she's eating. She tends to inhale her food. :rotfl: Oh Nat. She's a frump. But it's okay, she listened. Good girl.

We got desserts too. (OBVIOUSLY!) They all looked beautiful.

I got the Strawberry Shortcake which was divine! It was similar to Sunshine Season's Strawberry Shortcake. It was very light and delicious and perfect!

dsc0071by.jpg

Nat got the Oreo Chocolate Cake which was really yummy, too! And it was pretty. We had our eye on that baby since the moment we walked in the restaurant.

dsc0070gu.jpg

Alright, our stomachs were full. It was time to put plan "SURPRISE THE FRUMP" into action! Here we goooo!

Continued in Next Post

Alright so I've got to make BIG apology here... I'm SOOOOOOO sorry I'm commenting on these updates so late. School is being mean to me and doesn't give me any DIS time :headache: Then, the other fun stuff I do after school gives me less time to do the stuff I need to do for school so... well I'll just not go into everything but to make it short, I'm busy, though I'm trying to get on more often and I'm commenting now and that's all that matters :-)

YAY! You guys got into Disney AHEAD of schedule, epicness!!! I can only imagine how spastic you guys were getting off that plane. If I was going to Disney to surprise a friend or for some really cool reason, I probably would've flied off the plane lol

LOL @ the whole stalk... uhh, I mean, discreet following of people with Disney suitcases ;) I can already tell your friend Nat probably has some funny stories in this TR... I'm getting excited already!

WOOT! Magical Express! <333333333 I get lost all the time too trying to find that place. Why can't it be just... there?! Life would be so much easier, seriously, at that point, I just want to be in Disney for crying out loud! GRRRR... but you found it :thumbsup2 And you got front row on your bus, though I must agree, I've usually been lucky enough to go on the ME buses most of the time, but I was on one of the DCL ones and my heart remains with the regular ME bus (thinking of this from another non-DISers perspective, I'm pretty crazy for saying my heart remains with a bus :laughing:, okay moving on...) And that's awesome you got such a great driver, I've always gotten the guys with the thick accents and I can NEVER understand them, they are nice, but I'd like to understand them thank you very much. Hopefully I'll be lucky next time to get a guy like Paul :-) And I love the new Let The Memories Begin video too, so sweet :goodvibes

YAY! Officially in WDW! I love how you took a picture as you got closer and closer, so cute, makes you feel like you are actually driving up... you got that on video right? :) And then to Coronado Springs! I've always wanted to stay there, it looks so nice :teeth: That's awesome you got moved to the section Kristen was in and I think a lot of people like Casitas more generally, but what do I know? Haha

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Don't you worry! The trip report will always be here for you for whenever you have time! And LOL time for you to catch up on another update! :lmao:
Yeah we were pretty much going insane. Just wait until you see the video. :rotfl:
We have lots of stories coming your way! I'm very excited as well haha
I love getting regular ME busses! I get an assortment of all kinds.... probably because I'm there so often LOL. YEAH you're right!! I usually get foreign guys too! I am sad when I can't understand them! Paul was awesome though... and so was our driver on the way back! We really lucked out that trip.
Oh yes of course that's on the video!!
And haha I think you're right... I have heard about a lot of Casitas fans. I think Ranchos is the least liked. And I never hear about Cabanas.
Hope you enjoy the next update!

I love your latest installment! I have read all of your trip reports so far! You and your friends remind me so much of me and my best friend Cathy, even down to the drooling for hours over the food pictures! We went on our Senior trip together in 2001, and we are still planning trips together!! And, yes, we get just as excited as you guys! I think Cathy and I both fit very well into the 'frump' category! lol

Can't wait to hear about the surprise!!

Bahaha Corona Springs!
Ahh that first pic of Nat is priceless! I love it!:thumbsup2

I am so glad that Nat and Stacey's first meeting went so well! Its important that everyone loves and appreciates Stacey as much as she deserves ;)

Mmm Pepper Market does sound better in a British Accent... in a very British sentence .."Oh Father, do let us go to the Pepper Market. I promise we shall be ever so good.." haha

Dang rowdy kids! Good thing you were in the 'Disney first day trance'. Everything is so happy and magical when you first arrive, I love it!!

Ahhh yummmmm!!! Those pictures look so good!

Yay, I love all of your Coronado Springs pictures, I'm staying there for a night (in 3 DAYS! :banana:) before we switch over to WL, I can't wait, it looks so pretty! :lovestruc

Awww, Nat is so cute, you can tell how excited she is! Love that she had to officially meet Stacey! :)

The Pepper Market seems so weird to me, but it looks like everything is really good there!

I LOVE the title of this update. :laughing:

YAY you're there! In your room. And all wet. That happened a lot haha. The rooms are soo pretty though I liked them a lot. The window thing is a value/mod thing though cause they don't have private balconies.

I like your view anyway :) And the convenience level to mine. Perfect!

STACE! Hahah "Hi Stacey nice to meet you." Gotta love Nat. I can like hear her saying that LOL.

Dinner. Mmmmm. I never got a chance to eat at Pepper Market...oh well. Maybe next time I stay there....whenever that may be haha. Everything looks delicious though. I want quesadillas now haha.

YAYYY FOR PLAN SURPRISE THE FRUMP!!!!!!! :yay: That's me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Corona Springs! :rotfl: That would be a different type of resort for sure. Pepper Market always looks so yummy. I can't wait to hear more! :)

Yay! You're in the room! The rooms at Coronado are so pretty. I love the teal and dark brown together a lot.

Pepper Market seems really neat. That chicken alfredo looks delicious! Maybe I'll make some pasta for lunch today... :rolleyes1

SO EXCITED to hear about the BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

So I have this theory about Coronado Springs. It's a rain maker. Every time I've stayed there (which is always at the beginning of our trip. We are DVC members and always tend to arrive on the weekend when points are at their highest. So we stay at a moderate the first night to save our points!) it POURS for about an hour and then it gets nice and sunny again. And this hasn't happened once in a while at Coronado, it's happened EVERY SINGLE TIME we've stayed there. So naturally it would pour on you too.

The new rooms look beautiful. I think they were refurbished within the past year. I love all the hidden Mickeys!

I love the pepper market. I usually have to walk around a few times and see all the food before making a decision as to what to get. And that strawberry shortcake looked delish (but it would be my favorite dessert of all time so perhaps I'm biased).

Yay you made it! The rooms looks awesome and that's great you guys got moved to Casitas. I'm requesting Casitas building 4 for my trip in 20 days. :goodvibes Can't wait to see mission: surprise swing into action...

Yay can't wait to see the surprise the frump update!

AHHH your room is so adorable! So many hidden Mickeys! Hahahah Nat talked to Stacey, she looked very excited to meet her!
Oh my god, the desserts look sooooo good. Do we get Kristen's reaction in the next post!? I'm dying to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter