Themed hotel recs if not the values...

jlk51496

Mouseketeer
I am almost sold on the ASMo for our trip in October...bec my DD is obsessed with Toy Story and therefore my DH thinks there is no other option..not to mention all he sees is $$..haha

But the more I look at the moderates or higher...The values really seem to be the only one that "screams Disney" (in a good way) which I think is nice for the young ones..to wake up and go to sleep with a Disney feel...I am thinking of saving the nicer hotels when they get older so they can appreciate it more (they are only going to be 2.75 yrs old and 1.5 yrs old) and I can enjoy it more! lol

SO if I WERE to upgrade..which do you feel give the most Disney-themed feel?!?!

I don't know why I am being so indecisive..I hope this is the "hardest" part of my trip-deciding on a hotel!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

ETA: my parents might be coming down to joining us for a couple of days during our week visit..So I know they would prob prefer something "nicer" and with more room if we were only to get one room!

For me, just being there gives me that Disney feel. That said, my favorite resorts are POR, WL and BW.

I think if you want something that "screams" Disney, you're probably right, other than CBR.

But to me, Disney is very much more than just the characters. It's the quality, the theming, the total immersion in the experience, the service, the attention to detail, the commitment to quality and realism ...

Anyway, if that's what you want, Caribbean Beach has a Pirates of the Caribbean theme in some of the rooms, and a Nemo theme in the rest.

Other than the Yacht Club's Mickey lamps, I don't think you'll find overt Disney-character theming in most of the resorts outside of the gift shops and character meals.

I think should just stick to ASMovies - very disney feel there, my kids love it!
Other resorts... as other poster said, perhaps CBR with either the pirate rooms or the rest of the rooms are Nemo rooms - we really liked those rooms! Plus the pool is a ton of fun!
But since your kids are young, not worth paying for mod or deluxe to get them a cooler pool or pool slide.
Movies has two splash jet areas - one at kiddie pool and another real fun one in the Herbie section. And if you have a Toy Story fan - nope, I think Movies is your best bet by far!
We try different resorts each trip, but each trip always allow ourselves at least one night at Movies. Just isn't going to Disney for us if don't stay there at all!

Your children will love All Stars Movies, we stay there with my granddaughter and she loved Movies, she was 7 years old at the time.
Your husband will love the money he saved. LOL

Maybe a split stay would be good? You could choose a moderate for when your parents will be with you and then stay at All Star Movies when they aren't there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter