The "World" May Never Be The Same! *We're back!* *new 8/24*

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by kindakrazy2, Jun 30, 2007.

1. mikep_97

mikep_97 Mike-ey Mouse

I have finally started my pre-trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1522596
    It is called: Another Anniversary (21) I Guess We'll Go to Disney World--Again!!

Everyone is welcome!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

Oh ya - they are my cover every single time! That's why we have them, right? :lmao:

I'm on my way now! Thanks Mike!

4. ChrisLei

ChrisLei Dreaming of the Disney Magic!

OMGoodness! :lmao: Your Tink is just like my Princess Ariel! Mind you, you walked out with 9....we walked out with 35 paint chips in red, black, yellow, and the LGMHPC! I too, used her and Stitch for cover. Just when we were near the exit she says in her loud voice "Hey Mom WAIT! You have to pay for those!" I was mortified! I look at her and say "Keep walking, they are just paint chips!"

What we do for our Disney Addiction!

5. Tanya90210

Tanya90210 DIS Veteran

Love it so far....

I know what you mean about the ... Guilt... but hey... as you said... they are... FREE!!! :thumbsup2

6. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

:welcome: Tanya! Glad to have you along for the ride!

7. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

Chapter 7 - Let the crafting begin!

I mentioned earlier that I am crafty and today was the perfect day to start the vacation crafts!

I made each of the girls a lunchbox to keep their Disney treasures in when we get back. They tend to collect streamers, confetti, etc and it ends up spread all over the house so this time I am ready. They can keep it in a bag while we are away and when we come home it goes into their memory tins!

Here is Tink's. It is none other then Tink herself!

One side -

[​IMG]

The other side -

[​IMG]

The top/side view -

[​IMG]

Belle originally said she wanted a Minnie tin and then after I started she said she changed her mind and wanted it to be Nemo. Great. Oh well, one more coat of paint and Nemo it is!

One side -

[​IMG]

The other side -

[​IMG]

The top/side of Nemo -

[​IMG]

8. Tanya90210

Tanya90210 DIS Veteran

those are cool looking

9. Disneydad99

Disneydad99 My Wifes Honey, My Kids Dad & A Grandpa

Those are awesome....I showed DisneyMom & she like them too!!!!

:cool2:

10. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

Thanks Tanya!

Thanks DisneyDad!

11. praisehisname

praisehisname DIS Veteran

I'm sorry! I really wasn't trying to make you second-guess yourself. Do what is best for you and your family. We're planning on being in a park other than Epcot on the Segway tour day, so that is why he's going early. If you're planning on Epcot that day anyway, your plan is probably fine.

Wow--those boxes are beautiful! My girls would LOVE them!!!

Denise

12. SwansLoveDisney

SwansLoveDisney DIS Veteran

Those lunch memory boxes are adorable! You sure are crafty.

13. angwill

angwill I just want to live at WDW!

What cute lunch boxes. I could never be that creative.

14. pixe*dst

pixe*dst Mouseketeer

Hi Sarah :wave2:

You must be my Canadian alter-ego.

Same name.
    Same honeymoon resort that will forever remain Dixie Landings in our hearts.
    Photography & crafting interests.
    & we'll be at Disney the same time in September!!!

I have 2 boys instead of girls though.

Love the tins--what a great idea. I might have to copy that. My boys love to keep the streamer pieces, napkins, etc. too. (a bit like their mom).

Can't wait to read more.

15. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

Denise - I hadn't thought about the EMH at MK that day.....its the only AM EHM there while we are there. May have to rethink this one......if I change him to another day it may work a little better......Ahhhhhh....the pressure.....

I may end up telling him so he can help me sort through it all. :confused3

Thanks! My girls do love them but trying to convince them that they can't store their "regular" treasure in them, only "Disney" treasures is turning out to be quite a chore! :rolleyes:

Thanks! I am trying.....I like to make things but trust me, they don't always turn out cute! :scared:

Thank you. THey did turn out this time! I've made my fare share of ugly stuff though too! :rotfl:

Hi Sarah! :welcome: to the thread! Glad to have you along for the ride!

I miss Dixie Landings. Still not sure why they allowed Port Orlenes to swallow poor Dixie up. Poor thing! :sad2: We were looking at the pin lanyards the other night and both the girls have "DIxie Landings" pins. While we were there in 2001 one of the CMs told us what was happening and apparently none of the CMs were pleased about it either.

Where are you staying when you come down in September?

16. mvazul

mvazul DIS Veteran

Great memory tins!! You did a great job! :thumbsup2

17. cherbear

cherbear DIS Veteran

Can you make ME a lunch box? :goodvibes Just kidding. Those are adorable!

18. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

If I had another one I would but I only have 2 boxes! Thanks for the compliment!

19. estherhead

estherhead DIS Veteran

Oooo, ooo, can I sign on? We'll be leaving right before you leave. We'll leave some pixie dust for you & look forward to your TR.

20. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

:welcome: estherhead! please leave us some pixie dust and we'll send some up in the air for it to fly home to you!

21. angwill

angwill I just want to live at WDW!

I do worry about Belle. She is going to get her heart broken at every turn of the road. She is one of those kids who still just runs into the middle of the street because she just doesn't think. I worry about her all the time. She just doen't "get it" about anything. Smart as anything when it comes to school things but the life skills are lacking in a major way.

My son is exactly the same way. As for running in the street that should get better in a couple of years. My son is 12 and it just sank in about a year ago that you can't just run out in the street without thinking first. My son will also be heartbroken many times. I swear he has loved girls since he was born. Try telling a 4 year old why he is to young for a girlfriend when he innocently just doesn't get it because he doesn't even understand what a girlfriend is. He would stand up to the bullies to protect any girl but won't stand up to them to protect himself (go figure). My son is smart in school too but the common sense is just lacking. He just wants to make sure everyone is happy. I love him dearly but there will be lots of broken hearts in his future.