The wonderful dilemma with swimsuits

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by laurainsem, Nov 10, 2008.

1. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

So I would love to go swimming at the Pop but have avoided swimming like the plague for many years. I just can't seem to find the right swimsuit for my "curvacious bod". I know there are many of us out there who have a hard time finding just the right suit. I really would hate to miss out on all the neat pools at the resort just because i'm uncomfortable with the way I look. Any ideas on a good suit?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. epcotbistro

epcotbistro Mouseketeer

bikini .. lol :thumbsup2

at least from a guy's point of view..

4. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

:lmao: Well... that may help us get the pool to ourselves! :thumbsup2

5. KandD

KandD <font color=darkorchid>BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD

Honey, throw on a one piece with shorts and have a ball!! Vacations are for fun, not worrying!!

But seriously, I have some great tankinis from Target that are a top that completely covers the upper portion and a bottom that are shorts. I have found that this really works for me...or sometimes I do the shorts over the bathing suit.

Have a great vacation!

6. Baltazar

Baltazar DIS Veteran

My wife always gets a one piece. has like a skirt on it .
    sort of like this
    [​IMG]

She gets like a pull over sun dress or a swimwear cover-up for the walk to and from the pool/water park.

7. skipperkim

skipperkim DIS Veteran

Tankinis are a girls best friend.

8. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

That is similar to what i've been looking at. Originally, I was thinking the guy shorts thing. But this is more feminine but doesn't show every nook and cranny. I'm not out to impress everyone, but want something i'm comfortable in. This is what i've been looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Figures-Colle...1AAWNZE/ref=pd_sim_a?ie=UTF8&m=A27E0EQWE37LDB

And hey, it calls itself the princess collection. That's Disneyish, right?! :wizard:

9. Clotho

Clotho Doting on Disney

Tankinis are the best.
    I really love Land's End suits. Really high quality fabrics, holds you all in very flattering, and some have skirts on the bottom, which is what I prefer (then I don't have to shave...um...there...if I don't want to)

10. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I'll second Lands End. I have a couple of tankinis that I have been wearing for at least four or five years now. And they still look great. They make great suits in women sizes and coverups, too.

11. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

I, too am not a small girl....size 14. When I go on vacation I feel totally comfortable in my swimsuit because I don't know anyone there. It is the only time I feel that way.

I agree that going with one of the styles that has shorts on the bottom will make you feel more comfortable. I bought one this year too. It's the first time in my life that I've owned a two piece. Nothing shows and I felt totally comfortable at the pool and the waterparks. In fact I actually felt 'cute'.

12. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

Oooh, the tankini with shorts looks really cool. Now I don't know what to do!!!:scared1:

13. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You, my dear, are a victim of fashion and supermodels. :cutie: A size 14 is no way big. Probably the average size of most women in the USA. I just wish I was a size 14 again. I bet you look great in your bathing suit.

14. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

Ahh, I miss a 14! Those were the days....

15. Tammysue5

Tammysue5 DIS Veteran

I like the tankinis.... they are nice... but please try not to worry...EVERYONE has something they are worried about. I wear a size 5 and yet I have a light complexion... I was concerned I would blind other swimmers! ;) I wore a bikini and had the best time!!!! I didn't care and none of the kids DS19, DS17, DD9 and DD6 were embarrassed... as a matter of fact... DSs told me to go for it and made me feel good when I stepped out.... they did not swim off in embarrassment. :thumbsup2

Life is short... "Do unto others and sing and dance like no one is watching.... "in this case...swim in a swimsuit you are comfortable in like no one is watching!

16. LowesChevy

LowesChevy The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vi

I have a curvacious bod and I love Lands End as well. They sell tankini seperates to mix and match. I order a larger bottom than top so they end up fitting very well.

17. Baltazar

Baltazar DIS Veteran

Hot stuff :thumbsup2

18. TinkrLiz

TinkrLiz Mouseketeer

I like the tankinis that have skirts on the bottom. I find the shorts feel funny in the water when they're floating around my legs. They both look cute though.

19. IlovemythreeC's

IlovemythreeC's Mouseketeer

20. laurainsem

laurainsem DIS Veteran

I'm leaning more towards the skirt now. It is kinda "hot stuff", isn't it?! :rotfl2: I agree, swimming with shorts can kinda feel weird.

Wow, it's fun shopping with ya'll!:woohoo:

21. greenpea89

greenpea89 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Another vote for Lands End! The suit sort of sucks me in where I need it and lifts other places (always good!) but I prefer their one piece suit with a swim skirt to a tankini although I have both. Sometimes my tankini top will roll up over the top of the skirt and I worry about scaring people when I get out of the pool!!:scared1: