The Wonder is in San Diego today....

It would be cool if they could offer one-way Hawaii itineraries, like some lines do. Many of us can't do a 14 night cruise, but if it were shorter, I would be all over that!

....and I am jealous! We were on her in February for our first and (sadly) probably last cruise.

I knew the Pacific Coast Cruises were going to stop in San Diego where I live, but this morning watching the news they showed her pulling into port in my town and I was surprised at how jealous I became that I wasn't on her.

And now I feel ridiculous that I am feeling this way but I knew you all would understand!!

I actually drove down to the port since I live in the OB/Point Loma area and felt the very same feelings...then I had to remind myself that in less than 2 weeks I would be on the Dream and the jealousy faded...but only just a little, lol. I've got to say I've seen photos of these ships forever, but the sheer beauty it has when you see it in person is just amazing. I can only imagine what it will be like when we finally get to see the Dream in person in about a week! DH didn't get to see it with me this past Friday, so we're planning to go see her again this coming Friday when she arrives for her 2nd San Diego stop :cool1:

Next month and we'll be on the Wonder again!

So happy with that thought as I sit here doing Fiscal Year-end stuff.

Grumpymom1--thanks for the awesome photos! I was on that ship and am going to save the photos for my album! Enjoyed my day in San Diego also! :thumbsup2

I share the OP's sentiment. :mad: I work in Point Loma and as I was crossing the bridge at Pacific Highway off the 5, I was overcome with jealousy::yes::

But DH reminded me that we will be on the Fantasy for 7 glorious nights in 3 1/2 weeks. :cool1::rotfl:

That made me feel better. :lovestruc

Does anyone know what time exactly she arrives in port? I would love to drive in on Friday and watch her dock before going to work. :yay:Thanks

I share the OP's sentiment. :mad: I work in Point Loma and as I was crossing the bridge at Pacific Highway off the 5, I was overcome with jealousy::yes::

But DH reminded me that we will be on the Fantasy for 7 glorious nights in 3 1/2 weeks. :cool1::rotfl:

That made me feel better. :lovestruc

Does anyone know what time exactly she arrives in port? I would love to drive in on Friday and watch her dock before going to work. :yay:Thanks

Their "on shore" time says 8am on the itinerary with all aboard time at 7pm, so I'm assuming she'll be pulling into port earlier than that. We were there about 6:30pm until close to 7 and many passengers at about 15 mins to 7 were still arriving from their day in San Diego. I wanted to wait until she started pulling away from the port, but unfortunately I had to get back to pick up DH & DS from football practice, so as soon as practice ends on Friday, we're going to haul butt back down to the port so we can watch her sail away (and hopefully hear the horn :hyper:).

Debers17 said:
Their "on shore" time says 8am on the itinerary with all aboard time at 7pm, so I'm assuming she'll be pulling into port earlier than that. We were there about 6:30pm until close to 7 and many passengers at about 15 mins to 7 were still arriving from their day in San Diego. I wanted to wait until she started pulling away from the port, but unfortunately I had to get back to pick up DH & DS from football practice, so as soon as practice ends on Friday, we're going to haul butt back down to the port so we can watch her sail away (and hopefully hear the horn :hyper:).

Ooohhhh. Sail away! That sounds like fun. I can see myself with a Starbucks drink in one hand and my tissue in the other waving sadly as they go.... Sigh*

I start work at 7:15, so that port arrival time sounds like it could be "go" for me! Thanks for the info!

Grumpymom1--thanks for the awesome photos! I was on that ship and am going to save the photos for my album! Enjoyed my day in San Diego also! :thumbsup2

You're welcome! There are more photos here.

Glad you enjoyed your day in San Diego. The weather was beautiful that day!

They came into the harbor around 7am and reached the pier around 7:30.

Since I was there in the morning I didn't stay for sailaway. We are saving that for one of the other visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter