The Wonder is in San Diego today....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kimmypie1, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kimmypie1

kimmypie1 Mouseketeer

....and I am jealous! We were on her in February for our first and (sadly) probably last cruise.

I knew the Pacific Coast Cruises were going to stop in San Diego where I live, but this morning watching the news they showed her pulling into port in my town and I was surprised at how jealous I became that I wasn't on her.

And now I feel ridiculous that I am feeling this way but I knew you all would understand!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

I was in San Diego last week and had to look up the Wonder's schedule to see if it would be in town when I was. Alas, not to be. I was also VERY tempted to buy a cabin on the Pixar cruises because I don't know if the Wonder will ever be back to the west coast for an extended time again.

4. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

We are leaving in 2 days and I can't wait to be back on the Wonder. :cool1: The reason we booked this cruise was because we wanted to do one more before it leaves for FL again. I'm so sad that we are losing our LA based ship :sad:

5. GrumpyMom1

GrumpyMom1 DIS Veteran

I went down and watched the Wonder come in this morning. We just got off last week and I want to go again so bad!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. disneyfaninaz

disneyfaninaz It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

I just saw her on the webcam!! 3 more weeks!! :yay::yay:

7. marciemouse

marciemouse Raised on Disney

LOVE this picture! :thumbsup2

8. kindsoul73

kindsoul73 Mouseketeer

Where exactly is it? I want to go down after work- is it on Broadway? EEK! So excited!

9. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

From a picture I saw this morning, it is very close to the Midway. Hope that helps :thumbsup2

10. figment52

figment52 <font color=royalblue>Oh man, I checked out the we

11. jrm11697

jrm11697 Mouseketeer

This is the first time the Wonder is in San Diego correct?

12. Phantomzkb

Phantomzkb Earning My Ears

You are correct:thumbsup2

13. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

Phenomenal pictures!! Thanks!

14. Michael-DVC

Michael-DVC DVC Home: Saratoga Springs & Kidani Village

I am sad west coast cruises will be gone except for Hawaii and repositioning. Hopefully, if they do decide to come back the Marketing team will do a much better job at advertising the cruise line here n

15. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

I absolutely agree. Most of my friends had NO IDEA that you could take a Disney Cruise on the West Coast. I cannot believe how many times I told people that the Wonder was here.

16. kirkaliciasmom

kirkaliciasmom Mouseketeer

Great pictures! Thanks. So excited cause I leave in 9 days to board the Wonder!:)

17. WinstonC

WinstonC Mouseketeer

Why would it be your last? Is the world ending tomorrow and I just didn't hear about it?

18. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

I was on the Wonder last friday when it pulled into San Diego. It was awesome, and the weather was great. It was so much fun going to San Fran and San Diego. They said it was the first cruise ship of the year, and it was funny because the port workers were a little confused.

I love seeing the shipped docked right in a city it is such a cool view.

19. dsnydaddy

dsnydaddy DIS Veteran

I'd love this too. Seems to me that Palo is tailor made for city docking. Those panoramic ocean views at night are really a sea of blackness, but the docked in a city... You can dine with a great city view. San Francisco is one of the best.

20. kimmypie1

kimmypie1 Mouseketeer

My DH wasn't as fond of the cruise as myself and the kids were (he got really sea sick). And with Disney ships leaving LA for good, it makes it that much more difficult to convince him to go on another one.

21. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Well, DCL isn't leaving for good (at least not yet). They are coming back next summer for the Alaska season. So there's a PC cruise and a repo cruise out of LA at the beginning of summer. and the reverse at the end of summer.

If we keep reminding DCL that us westcoasters would like to see the coastal cruises and occasional Hawaii cruises still in the mix, maybe they will continue to return.

:cutie: