• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I'll start a separate thread for pre-go package holders to discuss all this without offending anyone or being told to suck it up?

In all honesty, I wish the package complaints did have it's own thread. If you start it....they will come! ;)

For those of you familiar w/ these things and also US, what is your opinion on Sept. I plan on taking my kids out of school from 9/12 to 9/18, shortly after it goes back, so they don't miss too much, it's generally a review month.

Do you think WW will settle down by then?

It is really the ONLY reason we are going to FL and US/IOA.

If it is going to be a nightmare to enjoy WWoHP, due mainly crowds and tight spaces, I don't see the point of going. The rest of the park may be interesting, but doesn't interest me enough to spend that kind of money.

TIA

I am certainly not an expert on US crowds, but we love Disney in September. I think the crowd levels will be better. We leave on June 18th and are planning to see WWoHP as late as we can on our trip. I will post how the crowds are while we are there.

Happy Planning!

Dax, and Planogirl, and anyone else who is tired of the supposed negativity:

I'm sorry if this is all stressing you out, but where else are those of us who are trying to figure out what our expectations should be at this point for our upcoming vacations supposed to talk about all of this if not in this forum?

I would absolutely LOVE to be full of rainbows and unicorns right now, giddy about our upcoming trip, but that went right out the window the second Universal started jerking us around.

Perhaps I'll start a separate thread for pre-go package holders to discuss all this without offending anyone or being told to suck it up?
I've told you that I sympathize with your concerns. I do. I still believe it'll be OK for you.

Some of the other things are just annoying though and sorry if that offends anyone. Now I am definitely out of this thread for a while.

Also they were checking "envelopes" and letting those with them to enter the park before 8 (time of hotel guests), with a tour guide. I don't know if this was package or not, but it was something.

To my knowledge, no. When I lined up at the turnstile shortly after 7, I was asked for my hotel key. It is possible after this they did allow the GP.. but I didn't see it.

Let me know if you have anymore questions/picture request! :thumbsup2

- Dude

So maybe the GP entering at 8 was just a rumor. That would be good news for package holders.

But you know, it's pretty sad when we've been reduced to this; feeling hopeful for any indication we might get some fraction of what they indicated we'd get at the time of booking. All I can do is shake my head and laugh at this point (because otherwise I just might cry.)

Well the good news is that the line constantly moves. It seems like it eats a lot of people really quick. A bunch more pictures show off a lot more detail, including the Pumpkin Juice which looks like it's sold by the six pack to take home!

I hope it moves quickly, there wasn't really that much of a line when I went, so I don't know how it handles big crowds, but it is a moving platform and there are two lines they separate you in to, then your divided into groups of four.

Pumpkin Juice is sold in bottles and in the sets, butterbeer is unfortently not though. Also in case anyone was wondering, there is also ciders and fruit juices. But not sodas

Can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at Olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!

Hey guys, saw the merchandise but did not see any Hufflepuff stuff. (lol at rhyme)

ANYWAY, I was wandering if they sold anything like what was for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. I hope so, otherwise I may have to have a house change....:rotfl:

(I may just go to slytherin.....;) )

Can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at Olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!

$25-30 for exclusive Ollivander wands
$30-50 for character wands. ;)

The Ollivander wands are pretty neat. They're for all kinds of people. Some have skulls on the end of them, some of then are more plain, and some of them are thick. They're pretty diverse and rather cool.

can anyone tell me about how much a wand goes for at olivander's? We are heading there next month and my kids each want one, so i am trying to make sure we budget enough. Thanks so much!

$25-$120

The experience at Olivanders is very cool, but only one person per group (probably around 20) inside Olivanders gets the experience, but anyone can buy a wand at the Owl Post.

Hey guys, saw the merchandise but did not see any Hufflepuff stuff. (lol at rhyme)

ANYWAY, I was wandering if they sold anything like what was for Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. I hope so, otherwise I may have to have a house change....:rotfl:

(I may just go to slytherin.....;) )

While there is a ton of stuff for Griffindor and Slytherin, it looks like there are a couple choices for shirts, etc for both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. So stay true to your House! ;)

$25-$120

The experience at Olivanders is very cool, but only one person per group (probably around 20) inside Olivanders gets the experience, but anyone can buy a wand at the Owl Post.

Anyone have photos of their wands to share? I'm particularly curious to see what the exclusive wands look like. :wizard:

Anyone hear whether they're letting the general public in today? If so...how long they're letting them stay? Also are they limiting hotel guests to the previous 8A-10A?:surfweb:

I'm heading up early next week and spending a night at the Hard Rock (the last of the 3 I need to stay in!)

So, for package holders and hotel guests, they are allowed in around 8am? is there a specifically marked entrance for this?

And, for those not riding (I have already convinced myself in order to avoid disappointment that I will not fit into the ride device. I can ride everything else just fine, but sounds like this ride hates fat people more than the other rides) they are still able to experience the queue? At the very least, I want to experience what is inside Hogwarts.

Anyone hear whether they're letting the general public in today? If so...how long they're letting them stay? Also are they limiting hotel guests to the previous 8A-10A?:surfweb:

Don't know how true it is, but initial reports are saying the GP was told this morning at the gate that there was no-how no-way they were getting in there today, but then at 9am the doors swung open for them and they are in now.

Yet another example of how you can't really believe anything people at Universal tell you even if they tell it to your face while you're standing there at the entrance.

I haven't heard any reports yet as to how long they are supposedly staying open for today.

No GP soft opening preview today.

Edit: I gave up at about 9:05 this morning when they said there was no way they would be opening today so I don't know if the above poster is right about what happened afterwords.

I'm heading up early next week and spending a night at the Hard Rock (the last of the 3 I need to stay in!)

So, for package holders and hotel guests, they are allowed in around 8am? is there a specifically marked entrance for this?

And, for those not riding (I have already convinced myself in order to avoid disappointment that I will not fit into the ride device. I can ride everything else just fine, but sounds like this ride hates fat people more than the other rides) they are still able to experience the queue? At the very least, I want to experience what is inside Hogwarts.

Yes, you can absolutely experience the entire queue and pre-show! In fact, it's set up so you can easily bypass the ride portion. It sounds really nifty.

Also, there's a test seat outside which may give you at least some idea whether you have a chance of fitting on the ride. The only glitch seems to be that the operators are no longer allowed to push the seats closed on people (some folks complained?), so if it can't close by itself, you might not be able to ride when you get inside, even if you could squeeze into the test seat.

No GP soft opening preview today.

Edit: I gave up at about 9:05 this morning when they said there was no way they would be opening today so I don't know if the above poster is right about what happened afterwords.

I don't know it for a fact. I'm just reporting what I've heard so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter