The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvansear

mvansear Mouseketeer

wow those pics of the ride and the atari simulations are AWESOME. I am still hopeful for a soft opening in December as I will be there in Jan. Now I really must go back for the HP full deal. Thank you all so much for all of the intel. It makes it all so much more exciting!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Fabrication of Harry Potter building facades
    by The Nassal Company

Part Three of Three
    Pictures courtesy of Disneyhead, VinylNation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I believe it is Universal's licensing contract with Warner. A filing made with the SEC in August 2007 stipulated that the park will open to the public sometime between December 15, 2009 and June 30, 2010

5. Dawnee

Dawnee Earning My Ears

Thanks Damo! I really wish Universal would come out with a date. I'm planning my trip for the beginning of June, but if HP is not ready until the end of June...I would hate to do it, but I would delay my trip. Don't want to miss HP!!!

6. Dawnee

Dawnee Earning My Ears

Things that make you go HMMMMMM :banana: - I just noticed this with the AP Blockout Dates. In 2009 Power Blockout Dates was June 28 - July 5. For 2010 the Power Blockout Dates is the WHOLE month of JULY. Hmmmm, is this perhaps a clue? :idea:

7. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Maybe but that's not uncommon for blackout dates in the summer. A couple of years ago they did that with the Power Pass so it's not necessarily connected to HP.

8. melly

melly Mouseketeer

I wouldnt wet your kecks just yet because they are just made up guestimates by joe blogs and may bear no resemblance to the ride.

9. mvansear

mvansear Mouseketeer

Gives me something to do January is a long way away.

10. laudnergomez

laudnergomez Earning My Ears

11. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Thanks. Here's that update:

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

12. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

13. Coach81

Coach81 DIS Veteran

Very nice.. any projected completion dates yet?

14. TIGGERGUY

TIGGERGUY Mouseketeer

Has there been any word yet of shutting down Dueling Dragons to change the interior? It would seem like the fall would be the time to start.

15. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of YETI PINTRADER, Orlando United

16. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Sabi, Orlando United

17. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

18. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BriMan, Orlando United

19. John316

John316 Earning My Ears

Great Pics! Thanks!!!

20. SNylund

SNylund Mouseketeer

Hi, long term lurker, first time poster, those pics are great by the way. Was very interested in the development with HP. Does anyone know if there will be a boat ride? And does anyone know what the main ride will be? Other than the re-tooled Dueling Dragons, sorry if I missed this somewhere else.

21. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BJCool, IOA Central

The Three Broomsticks Restaurant? (Dining)

As we start to count the months until Islands of Adventure's new themed land opens, elements not related to the flagship ride begin to surface both in construction and design. I'm pretty confident in saying that the trademarked name "BUTTERBEER" will only be a cart/stand serving the unique beverage in the streets of "HOGSMEADE" as illustrated in the original concept art:

[​IMG]

And while I and even the most enthusiastic Potter fans have no idea what the eatery known as "MAGIC NEEP" will be, the concrete knowledge that most have is that the main restaurant will feature full sized portions and be called The Three Broomsticks:

[​IMG]

So, with that said, it's time to start thinking about the nitpicky aspects of the magical island, including what is available to eat. Here are some questions which have yet to be answered by the Universal Creative team.

1. Will it feature counter service as the Enchanted Oak did or will Three Broomsticks become IOA's third full service upscale restaurant?
    2. Are the same menu items on the horizon?
    3. Will there be meet and great with actors resembling Harry and other important characters from the series?
    4. If tourists will enjoy specific Potter food to begin with, how will they be modified to suit the American palate?
    5. Because The Three Broomsticks will pretty much be the only sit down establishment of the new area, what do you suppose the capacity for diners will be since people will be flocking to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for everything it has to offer, including what it has to eat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.