The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poohbeck

Poohbeck DIS Veteran

I was hoping it would open in May and just maybe we would be there for a soft opening in April. :sad2: But, it doesn't look that way. :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Princessmom2

Princessmom2 Mouseketeer

Yes, I would prefer to not be there then too, but of course, that IS when we are there! But my 11 year old is thrilled and thinks it will be "way cool". At least we check in on the 15th, so will have a chance to go to the parks before all the media circus starts. . .

4. the Dark Marauder

the Dark Marauder <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

There is a possibility of that. Since it is not yet noon of 3/25/10, ALL DATES ARE SPECULATION ONLY.

Tomorrow at noon is when the Official Date will be Announced. If it is 6/18, so be it. If it is a different date, so be it.

5. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

Great timing Aaron :thumbsup2

6. babydovesx2

babydovesx2 Mouseketeer

This will be our first time going to Universal. How do you book breakfast in Harry Potter's World and how far in advance can you book?

7. bobafett1988

bobafett1988 Earning My Ears

My girlfriend and I have book our trip for May 22 through the 27th. Is there any chance that the soft opening might occur before then or should we cancel our trip plans :surfweb:

8. lildamo

lildamo Mouseketeer

Is there any chance? Yup, there certainly is (and probably a good chance at that!).

But none of us can tell you for sure. The announcement tomorrow might say something about the packages starting on May 28th but it may not, so keep watching out for info and for details on when soft openings are reported to have started. My instinct is you'll be fine then (and probably earlier than that too!), but it's up to you whether you want to take the risk or re-book for when it's "guaranteed" to be operational.

9. LJF

LJF Mouseketeer

I was at a AAA office last week purchasing park tickets for our June 2-7 stay. The manager seemed more than confident that WWOHP would be open then, in fact, according to her rep, it would be open by the first week in May...tomorrow will tell. Fingers crossed!

10. pinkibekki

pinkibekki Earning My Ears

What I don't understand is that they are advertising "SPRING 2010". I always thought that SUMMER began at Memorial Day Weekend (not official 1st day of summer but start of summer vacations).
    That's why I find it strange that the opening is in "Summer Season".

11. damo

damo Proud Redhead

"official" is the key here

And who knows, it may be soft -- full opening in spring.

There is lots of spring left.

12. scasta86

scasta86 Mouseketeer

Check out www.leakynews.com for more information about the ride....
    Simply put...
    THIS.IS.GONNA.BE.AMAZING!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

13. Dawnee

Dawnee Earning My Ears

It's up on the Universal HP website - "Grand Opening - June 18th"

14. WebmasterPete

WebmasterPete Grand Administrator Administrator

My speculation on this is as good as anyone elses, but here's my take.

They are definitely going to have to have WWOHP open by May 28th in regular operation (not soft opening). They're selling packages starting on that date, and as people have mentioned here, there will be torch wielding villagers at the gates if its not. It would be a PR disaster of epic proportions and they're just not that irresponsible as to sell packages when they're unsure of the dates.

This years International Travel Association POW WOW is taking place in Orlando from May 15th to 19th. The industries BIGGEST players are all going to be in Orlando for it and if anyone thinks that Universal will blow the chance to show this off to that group, they're crazy. They will have to soft open well in advance of that date to ensure that everything is working, all the kinks are worked out and that the entire area is up and ready to go. The last thing they want is to be embarrassed in front of the biggest travel trade group in the world.

Then again, this is Universal we're talking about and god love 'em they could screw up a two car funeral. But I must admit that they've managed the hype and media attention around this masterfully. So, my gut feeling is that they're on top of things with this, and have a solid plan to roll it out. That's what I'm praying for.

It's not unusual for things to be officially open before a grand opening is done. The grand opening is a media event - that's it. Having it up and running for a few weeks before time will help generate the buzz necessary to draw the media attention they need.

So, my guess is that we're going to see a soft opening VERY soon - maybe even days away. I could be wrong, but I have this feeling that they will soft open tomorrow with the official announcement. Again, I have no concrete info to back this up, just a gut feeling. We'll all find out soon enough.

Can't wait for noon!!!

Pete

15. SomeoneAwesome

SomeoneAwesome Earning My Ears

mugglenet.com/erichpfjreview
    Ah-MAZING

16. MadeToLove

MadeToLove The Ultimate Potterholic

17. MadeToLove

MadeToLove The Ultimate Potterholic

Double posting because there is some very important info here: http://www.mugglenet.com/erichpfjreview.shtml

I've highlighted those things because so many people have been asking about soft openings and whether those who bought packages that begin before the 18th will still get in. I know there is still confusion here. But I hope that helps answer some questions.

Edited to add: I'm sitting here reading through this particular insider report and I'm shaking!!!!! They designed the lines for you to linger in them and soak it all it. If you chicken out before the ride, there is a whole other hall of portraits where the founders argue with each other. I'm going for four days and it's going to take me that long just to see everything in this one ride. All this talk about WWoHP not being a "theme park".... Heck, the one ride itself is a full day's adventure. I LOVE IT!!!!

18. Dollyrar

Dollyrar DIS Veteran

Wow, I've just read the full press release on Orlando United, and the estimated attraction length of the Forbidden Journey (including the queue) is 1 hour!! :eek:

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing depending on repeat rides? :confused:

19. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

:thumbsup2

20. amacspad

amacspad Disneyholic!!!

Sorry if this has been asked already, having a mad morning trying to book my florida trip right now!!!!! If you are there before the Grand Opening can you still get in or is it just for people who have booked special packages? My head is in bits with prices, school time, work hols etc!! :headache:

21. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

My local news had the Grand Opening Date running on the ticker at the bottom of the screen under National News. :goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.