The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

I don't mind it opening in different parts.. that is like having more than one surprise! You can enjoy different things at different times instead of the rush to see it all at once. If one doesn't want to see it until complete, then you can make that decision not to.... but if one wants to then they can.. I like the idea of different opening times... less crowds too...:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nanceliz

nanceliz DIS Veteran

Hopefully dueling dragons will not be closed on our upcoming trip! I called and asked customer service at US and they said it was not scheduled to close during that time (our trip is thanksgiving week).
    Hopefully that will remain true!

Damo......your puppy dog is adorable:hug:

4. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Fabrication of Harry Potter building facades
    by The Nassal Company

Part Two of Three
    Pictures courtesy of Disneyhead, VinylNation

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. traceycooper

traceycooper <font color=royalblue>Laughs off her mini dramas<b

wow it looks amazing - really starting to take shape now, sooo hoping its open when we go next August :)

6. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BriMan, Orlando United

7. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BJCool, Orlando United

8. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I can't wait to go in two weeks and see how the rock work is starting to shape up on Hogwarts. It looks so exciting.

9. *Robin*

*Robin* bibbity bobbity boo!

Is there any chance anyone knows the name of the company contracted to do the building? My husband asked, and I don't have a clue how to find out...
    :flower3:

10. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of BriMan, Orlando United

11. A Mickeyfan

A Mickeyfan DIS Veteran

The more I see these pic's the more I like the snow caps! I know it is Harry Potter but it is also something that you really do not see here often.. snow I am originally from NY and have been here almost 18 years and miss seeing snow, not being in it...:lmao: so this will give me my fix....:thumbsup2

12. Debs Hill

Debs Hill DIS Veteran

What do you guys know about the planned ride?!
    Debsx:goodvibes

13. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Not much. Everything is secret.
    This is what we know so far:

The site Poudlard got a draft that leaked from American Scenic (American cinematographic industry) of two attractions that apparently will be in the park.The first one is the Chamber of Secrets, quoted with details in the second Potter book, with a Salazar Slytherin statue and the basilisk; the second one is the wizard chess, to be played the same way the trio did in one of the obstacles in the first film.

[​IMG]

From Lifthill

Universal Orlando may be developing robocoaster

Some small details of the featured attraction that will be housed within Hogwart's Castle in the future Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando have been leaked.
    People "in and around the project" have told The Orlando Sentinel that the new roller coaster will be what's known as a "robocoaster." This is a system similar to Robocoaster found at Legoland Park in Denmark. This, however, will differ in that it will be a movable, rotating robotic arm attached to the coaster train. So the idea is that the robotic arm will swivel and move the seats as it makes its way across the track.

[​IMG]

Early plans have the roller coaster winding though more than a dozen scenes, though the details of what those scenes may be is still a mystery. The queue line will supposedly feature many special effects such as floating candles and snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These scenes are just speculation from game designers at an Atari forum:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TuckandStuiesMom

TuckandStuiesMom <font color=darkorchid>Age. Fac ut gaudeam<br><fon

SO excited! We'll be at WDW in December and now plan to vist US just to see Hogsmead. :thumbsup2

15. I<3stitch626

I<3stitch626 Mouseketeer

so BEYOND excited for this :thumbsup2
    looks like it's going to be pretty spectacular in my opinion!

i'm curious how they are building hogwarts :scratchin

16. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Justin, VinylNation

Pulled this from another forum I view for insider info..

This is from a source called "whylightbulb" who is working on the Potter Project.

17. TuckandStuiesMom

TuckandStuiesMom <font color=darkorchid>Age. Fac ut gaudeam<br><fon

After poking around elsewhere on the net, I am now wondering about the basis for the Dec. 1 phased opening conjecture... :confused3 The US Wizarding World of HP site simply lists "2010" as an opening date and the Jim Hill Media article about a Phase One opening was was posted in early 2008.

I can't think of place I'd rather visit to get into the holiday spirit than Hogsmeade. I am sure hoping that the attraction's partially open this December (I was really looking forward to a draft butter-beer at the Three Broomsticks) but right now, I'm thinking maybe not. Can anybody provide a recent citation that speaks to a phased opening?

18. The COH

The COH Earning My Ears

I really hope this is open when i go next summer. The robo-coster that might be there looks so interesting

19. spima3

spima3 DIS Veteran

"Over budget and behind schedule is accurate however. Not as much as is being reported to some though"

Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. It's already way behind the original schedule, and if this refers to the early spring 2010, then are we looking at fall of 2010 or later?

I am trying to plan a trip just to see this, and had planned on Sept of 2010. The kids will be in school, but the first month is such a waste, as it is basically spent reviewing everything from the previous year. So I thought this would be a perfect time to go. The kids won't miss much, and it won't be a real busy time of year for the parks, we plan on heading over to WDW while there as well.
    I wish there were a firmer opening date. :(

20. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I think that the contract states it must be up and running by June 2010.

21. Dawnee

Dawnee Earning My Ears

What contract would that be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.