The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP is looking great!:thumbsup2

We have plans for a visit next year and I am really looking forward to it.

I can't wait til HP opens. :thumbsup2

Me to. :thumbsup2 We already booked for October. Play it safe and let the crowds die down just a bit.

Love all the pics, I'm ready to go today. :rotfl:

DITTO here!!!:cool1: We were at US/IOA Oct. '08 & they had the future WWHP section/area boarded off, with only signs up saying coming 2010, so we've been very anxiouslly awaiting this.

We just love Florida in October; little to no rain & still plenty warm to swim, etc. AND, very low crowds plus our kid's are out for Fall break so it's just perfect for us. :thumbsup2

Just heard a rumour of soft openings mid March. Just a RUMOUR though!!! (over on Orlando United if you'd like to check it out youself)

Just heard a rumour of soft openings mid March. Just a RUMOUR though!!! (over on Orlando United if you'd like to check it out youself)

Yay! :cool1: We're not going until July, but I can't wait to start hearing reports and seeing pictures from people who go before we do! :banana:

JackandSally79 - We may have to wait til October also if HP doesn't open by Memorial Day weekend. That would be a bummer because we are so psyched for our May vacation. We were saving WDW for October but may have to switch around our plans if HP doesn't open by the end of May. Keeping our fingers crossed though! :wizard:

Courtesy of HPotterWizard, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

HPotterWizard said:
While I agree that the chances that we'll get to walk around in the courtyard are low I do find this interesting:

Mookie posted this picture a while ago, about a mysterious something in the courtyard:

IMG_2323.jpg

Which I think we can all agree turned into the archway:

screenshot20100202at245.jpg

Also, in this fairly recent picture it looks like there's scaffolding or something in the courtyard. Leaving scaffolding up like that only makes sense to me if you can access it without cranes and cherry pickers, meaning that you can access the courtyard from the show building.
IMG_2646.jpg

I just think its a lot of detail towards something that you'll never be able to see from the ground.
IMG_2651.jpg

What do you think? Why else would they theme the inside walls of the courtyard?

hogwarts.jpg

Are we definitely sure we arent going through the courtyard at all? Hmmmmm....
Anyway, more pictures over here.
Any day now its going to be next to impossible to take pics of anything new because all the outer work will be done.

Are we definitely sure we arent going through the courtyard at all? Hmmmmm....
Anyway, more pictures over here.
Any day now its going to be next to impossible to take pics of anything new because all the outer work will be done.

I honestly don't think it is possible. And it really seems way too small.

I just saw a Video on Today show about a a Classroom contest for a visit to HP opening. She stated " May" will be a special time for some lucky classroom.

Thanks for armstrong80 for the link!

Ok, now I am really hoping for a "soft" opening over our spring break trip!! I'd be so happy to just walk through Hogsmeade and try some butterbeer!

From a business point of view, it would be very smart to grab some of the spring break revenue by opening up the gift shops and give us a tease to return this summer!

I'm thinking the grand opening would coincide with next release H.P. movie which of course is May. So I am not hoping for the full Universal Harry Potter experience, but just a little would be so AWESOME!!

Thanks for armstrong80 for the link!

Ok, now I am really hoping for a "soft" opening over our spring break trip!! I'd be so happy to just walk through Hogsmeade and try some butterbeer!

From a business point of view, it would be very smart to grab some of the spring break revenue by opening up the gift shops and give us a tease to return this summer!

I'm thinking the grand opening would coincide with next release H.P. movie which of course is May. So I am not hoping for the full Universal Harry Potter experience, but just a little would be so AWESOME!!

I didn't think the next movie, Part A was scheduled until November???

OOOps, I am wrong. I thought that was what my DH said to me, who is usually a movie guru, but he was "off" on this one! I thought he knew something I didn't! lol I should know what I am talking about when I speak up, but not this time. :worship::scared1:

Sorry!

(DH had to rush to IMDB verify for himself that the opening for H.P. was indeed, delayed because he was pretty sure it was to coincide with the park opening! He really tries to be a movie guru...and I am generally more like Homer Simpson, with the wind up monkey with symbols on my brain!)

What do you think? Why else would they theme the inside walls of the courtyard?
As the pictures show you can see inside the courtyard from other areas. Remember the castle is not full size either.

Courtesy of Tbad556, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Tbad556 said:
SL_Zer0 - Here's my brochure from January 30th 2010:

Cover
1.jpg

Inside of cover
2.jpg

IoA Map
3.jpg

There's more to the brochure but nothing else involving TWWoHP. If you have any more questions on the maps feel free to ask, I collect them. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter