The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneyismyname

disneyismyname DIS Veteran

Well my grand opening trip is going down the tubes! My brother, who is the only one thats coming with me & is a major HP fan, was just called back to his job after almost 2 years of unemployment! Glad he has a job now and everything..but I really doubt the factory will let him off to go. :guilty: He goes back this coming Monday..so I'm hoping he has a cool supervisor or he'd be on shut-down. If not...I'm going to have to take my mother.....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

That's too bad...I hope everything will work out for you. :thumbsup2

4. bubba's mom

bubba's mom <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko

:eek: Well..I guess that's better than not going? My mother went on vacation w/ us in '08. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN!!! She will not be attending any more of our vacations....

The other thing I wanted to mention was the store at the exit of FJ. I hope it's better laid out and bigger than the Terminator gift shop at the exit of the show. That has got to be one of the WORST designs in that park :headache: It takes FOREVER to get out of T23D!

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

The difference would be that for Forbidden Journey people would be coming out in groups of 4 instead of an entire auditorium of people. Maybe it is more the size of the Mummy or MIB gift shops.

6. wheezywhizzy

wheezywhizzy Earning My Ears

I would say no too but who knows. It probably depends on what the costume consists of.

However, I'd say anyone who decked out (robes and all) is completely nuts because it's Florida in the middle of June. It's going to be sooo extremely hot. I wouldn't recommend wearing a costume to ANYONE. Child or Adult.

7. rjvose17

rjvose17 Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2
    No, we have a condo, i've been calling the parks since we booked. The reservationist at US talked us out of the HP package originally. I was willing to pay but they told us it wasn't needed. We booked way back in Dec. before the announcement. So I am just going to hope to get lucky. We have 14 day ticks and are staying there for two weeks. So Ill just keep popping in and checking. Let me know if anyone hears!! Thanks!:thumbsup2

8. Colleendoll

Colleendoll Universal Orlando Newbie

I made plans back in February for my children to celebrate their birthday in WWOHP and those plans included a week at a beach front condo. I didn't think there would be an issue with getting in. Since then I booked a room at Hard Rock Hotel for the last half of that week.

I wish you Good luck with your plans! Let us know how it goes.

9. KerriK85

KerriK85 Earning My Ears

i was talked out of the package too! we are annual passholders so the lady told me not to waste money on the HP package, the only good it would do is give us breakfast reservations. but, we booked the hard rock before the date announcement so we are getting into the WWHP early still, phew! what i was really happy about was that universal had spoken with me when i called about this issue, and they called me back to let me know rules were changing and they are letting the early hotel bookers in.:dance3:

10. the Dark Marauder

the Dark Marauder <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

Dear Muggles:

You are going to LOVE HP when it opens. That is all I am allowed to say.

-your Resident Marauder :darth:

11. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of http://screamscape.com

[​IMG]

12. Mouse Skywalker

Mouse Skywalker <font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po

When I was on the press tour on Sunday, we were in a shop with Creative Director Alan Gilmore. He was pointing out details in the shop, and I noticed there was only room for one in a merchandise aisle. There was no way I could get past him. The shops are very well detailed, but they are going to be crowded.

Ollivander's holds 25 comfortablely? Hmmmm, I guess so. I wouldn't want to put much more than 25 in there. There were lines waiting to get into the shops during the Pow Wow private party on Monday night.

No, I wouldn't take it to mean FJ wouldn't be open for the "previews". I think they just didn't want to open it this weekend, and gave us a PR line.

Thanks Aaron! :thumbsup2

I would think it would be open.

All the shops are small. I don't think the Owlery is any bigger than Olivander's. Plus, you have to go into the Owl Post to purchase the wand that was selected for you in Olivander's. You buy it and pay for it in the Owl Post. So you go into Olivander's, have your wand selected for you, and then have to open the door to get into a crowded Owl Post. Go into the Owl Post to buy your wand. We'll have to see how that goes.

The shops are absolutely gorgeous - inside and out.

No, it was Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods that was at the end of FJ. All the shops are pretty much the same dimensions of tight aisles. There's cool stuff in Flich's though.

Lots of cool merchandise to buy throughout the Wizarding World.

13. Princessmom2

Princessmom2 Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great info--I foresee my children spending lots of money at Universal! :rotfl:

14. DisneyGerry

DisneyGerry DIS Veteran

Got some Bertie Bott's beans; HoneyDuke's Chocolate bar, and a Pygmy Puff. No chocolate frogs yet

15. Claymax

Claymax Mouseketeer

Would you do me a huge favor and list the flavors in the Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans please?

I heard that they are not using Jelly Belly anymore and that the flavors had changed. I'd love to know what flavors they have this time.

Thanks!

16. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu

That's what the article was saying...Crowd control should be pretty interesting the first 6 months after the grand opening. I'll be there for the grand opening and plan on posting pictures....That's if I can get my IPhone and camera out of my pocket. :crowded:

Thanks for the updates Dave. We really appreciate it.

17. DisneyGerry

DisneyGerry DIS Veteran

18. RC Fan

RC Fan DIS Veteran

Coming from you that is very exciting to hear! Can't wait!

19. DisneyGerry

DisneyGerry DIS Veteran

20. Claymax

Claymax Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!

Oh me old eyes can't see that very well. I tried saving it and enlarging it but it washes out.

Could you and attach it or email it to me?

For everyone else, I've been pestering Gerry about this all morning and he's been great about it. Thanks DG!

21. Selket

Selket <font color=blue>Yes I AM being whiney about not g

If someone still has the packaging from the HP candy - does it say on the allergen warning whether it contains or "may contain" or "made in factory" for peanuts/tree nuts? It would be cool if my son who has nut allergies could eat it but I am doubting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.