The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now. :rolleyes1

I don't think Universal will be offering ticket incentives. Prices will most likely go up.

That's what I thought too so I just bought by tickets on Sunday for our trip next July.

BTW, the 7 day 2 park ticket for $99.99 - Universal said that I have to start my 7 days within a year from the time I bought it. It's not anywhere on their website or on my confirmation, but was verbally told to my TA. :confused3 Can anyone confirm this?

That's what I thought too so I just bought by tickets on Sunday for our trip next July.

BTW, the 7 day 2 park ticket for $99.99 - Universal said that I have to start my 7 days within a year from the time I bought it. It's not anywhere on their website or on my confirmation, but was verbally told to my TA. :confused3 Can anyone confirm this?

I've never heard that before unless it is some special kind of ticket that your TA got. Tickets purchased through the website are good indefinitely so you would think yours was too. I would call Universal directly and ask them.

Universal seems to be pretty good about honoring tickets. We used some YEARS ago, like in 1997 in LA, and I do believe they clearly said on the tickets that they were expired (past the used by date), but in the main ticket booth thing, they exchanged them for us for new ones.

I bought the ones that are $99 too. My tickets do not have an expiration date and it said good 6 days from first use.

Courtesy of bookmarkmaster, Orlando United

bookmarkmaster said:
On May 31, 2007, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. announced that "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter," a Harry Potter theme park, will open at Universal Orlando Resort in late 2009 or early 2010. The park will be located at Universal's Islands of Adventures theme park. At the time, they announced that "the fully immersive, themed land will enable guests to visit some of the most iconic locations found in the books and the films, including the village of Hogsmeade, the mysterious Forbidden Forest, and even Hogwarts castle itself."

Author JK Rowling said, "The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed." The park will "feature immersive rides and interactive attractions, as well as experiential shops and restaurants that will enable guests to sample fare from the wizarding world's best known establishments. Also debuting will be a state-of-the-art attraction that will bring the magic, characters, and stories of Harry Potter to life in an exciting way that guests have never before experienced."

A filing made with the SEC in August 2007 stipulated that the park will open to the public sometime between December 15, 2009 and June 30, 2010.
castle.jpg

Courtesy of kldx360 and BJCool, Orlando United

kldx360 said:
has anyone noticed that the new metal structure in between the two castle pieces already up at IOA is probably that clocktower-looking-thing in the concept art of hogwarts? btw do u play sax "saxamaphoone"? that's pretty cool, i play trumpet lol

BJCool said:
Thanks for the insight, Einstein!!!!!:bonk: Here is a visual aid just for you. I'm totally kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pictures credited to Disneyhead

Clocktower%20Matching.png

I am beginning to research at trip for summer 2011. If I buy the two park/7 day tickets that are currently on sale for $99.99, will these get me into the Harry Potter portion of the park? Or is it going to be a separate park which will require a separate ticket? Hope this question makes sense and forgive my ignorance. I will be excited to visit Universal Orlando for the first time.

Thanks!!

I am beginning to research at trip for summer 2011. If I buy the two park/7 day tickets that are currently on sale for $99.99, will these get me into the Harry Potter portion of the park? Or is it going to be a separate park which will require a separate ticket? Hope this question makes sense and forgive my ignorance. I will be excited to visit Universal Orlando for the first time.

Thanks!!

It'll be included. It's all behind that same row of turnstyles out front!
(Lest a TM here says different... I'm just a sheep myself )

Thanks!!
WWoHP will be part of IOA so you would not need a separate ticket.

HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now. :rolleyes1

its funny really because I expressed this opinion a number of pages back on this thread and got flamed for it.

Despite what anyone says when you cut through all the guff and the hype that started off as a "new park" then a "park within a park" the real deal is that 1 new ride is coming along with a few coats of paint on existing rides.

Not sure where you got the idea that FU and DD are going to be the main attractions. I would say that Hogwarts and the new ride will be the main attraction. Hogmeade, in all its glory, should be pretty cool too.

its funny really because I expressed this opinion a number of pages back on this thread and got flamed for it.

Despite what anyone says when you cut through all the guff and the hype that started off as a "new park" then a "park within a park" the real deal is that 1 new ride is coming along with a few coats of paint on existing rides.

As an HP fan for years, the appeal for me is not the rides but rather the theming of the area. I look forward the most to FINALLY be able to go inside Hogwarts and various other places in the magical world. That's where the true magic is.

As an HP fan for years, the appeal for me is not the rides but rather the theming of the area. I look forward the most to FINALLY be able to go inside Hogwarts and various other places in the magical world. That's where the true magic is.

I echo a bit of both these sentiments. While I *DO* agree with you and *AM* looking very forward to the theming, Hagrid's hut, Hogsmeade, etc. etc. and I'm "okay" with what they're doing "attraction-wise"... it DOES greatly annoy me that their stupid marketing went on about a "Park within a Park" and made it sound a whole lot bigger than it's going to be.

That being said... I can't wait to step foot into the Wizarding World and will go next year when I'm in Orlando if it's even half-open as some reports have suggested.

I don't think the coasters are the main attractions just nice additions to the new area. Universal certainly isn't advertising them as such.

BTW...The Pacer was made by AMC not Dodge. I remember the commercials for the Pacer with the really long sub sandwich inside the car showing how wide the car was.
:rotfl:

Since we have never been to IOA (or US) I look forward to it......I just hope it is open when we go next July!

I don't think the coasters are the main attractions just nice additions to the new area. Universal certainly isn't advertising them as such.

BTW...The Pacer was made by AMC not Dodge. I remember the commercials for the Pacer with the really long sub sandwich inside the car showing how wide the car was.
:rotfl:
:rotfl2: Yeah I couldn't remember? But you get my point.

I will certainly give HP all benefits of the doubt and certainly hope they will create brand new attractions for HP, I'm sure it will be cool, was just hoping that it would have about 2 big new rides.

I was never a fan of tearing down any part of the LC and annexing it into HP, thought the Enchanted Oak was a work of art and should not have been messed with etc., but oh well, it is what it is going to be. A new HP land is better than no new land at all.

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

Disneyhead said:
There has been no confirmation from Universal that there will in fact be a MagiQuest based attraction. As a matter of fact, there has been very little actual info regarding anything in TWWOHP. But there has been confirmation that there will be and interactive attraction. There have been some very strong rumors (rumor that Uni has signed a contract with Creative Kingdom) and tidbits of info (Walk-tru mentioned in the announcement video, Emily Watson saying that the "ride" film she worked on is an interactive attraction, And in the concept art for the 3 Broomsticks there are kids with wands and a Marauders maps which is very similar to how the kids playing MagiQuest look while playing, with the wand and quest book, And then the poll question about what type of wand would you prefer, and trademark for the park that includes Ollivander's) out there that make me pretty sure that there will be. And as to where it will be located I am pretty sure that the Robobcoaster attraction will be in the huge block building that is basically the back of the Hogwarts castle with the queue being in the block structure on the left that has the huge metal structure on the front and the circular turret already on the side. And the MagiQuest based walk-thru game will be in the front of the structure and in the smaller block section on the right side of the front of the castle where you enter the castle. Also I do know for a fact there will be a Defense against the Dark Arts Classroom but I don't know if it is going to be part of the interactive game or the "theater" for the rumored special FX heavy magic show that I have heard may be called Hogwarts: An Introduction to Magic. Which could be in the block structure on the right side of the castle. Leaving just the center part of the front of the castle for the game. But the center portion alone is pretty sizable and several stories (at least 4 stories) tall.
I also believe there will be a shop in Hogsmeade where you buy the wands and wand bling that also has a room that will have a training movie/preshow that Emily Watson was refering to. And that is based on how the 2 MagiQuest attractions that I have been to are set up.

picture71r.png

Then again I could be completely wrong. I just compile rumors, tidbits of info, and things I have heard into something that makes sense to me and then throw it out there. But DO keep in mind that as of now everything you hear from anybody concerning TWWOHP is rumor, conjecture, and secondhand info.

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United
Disneyhead said:
Todays Update:

OMG!!! you can see it from CityWalk and Universal is ruining my life!!!

oftye9.jpg

And OMG!!!! It towers over The Discovey Center!!

90zqsj.jpg

2z702o3.jpg

1675u6d.jpg

i721b6.jpg

13yf4go.jpg

zn1u9e.jpg

16iabtw.jpg

2z6ifcl.jpg

s620yv.jpg

vcvrqo.jpg

iv8u9x.jpg

2ytvi45.jpg

n5putu.jpg

28h0cvs.jpg

2zid0tf.jpg

281ymwn.jpg

1628f8m.jpg

68fmn6.jpg

s28f34.jpg

29uzmvs.jpg

314sbpl.jpg

2meq26r.jpg

2rdf2b5.jpg

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Felipe said:
:wave: Hi everyone! I'm posting for the first time even though I've been following these forums for a looooooooong time! I wanted to share this with y'all:

Universal preparing to pull back the curtain on Harry Potter
posted by Jason Garcia on Sep 3, 2009 2:07:38 PM
Universal Orlando is preparing to reveal new details about the hugely anticipated Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The resort has begun sending out invitations for a Sept. 15 webcast promising a "first-ever glimpse" ot the Wizarding World, which is supposed to open sometime during the first half of 2010. A spokesman for Universal declined to elaborate on the event.

(From Orlando Sentinel - http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bu...to-pull-back-the-curtain-on-harry-potter.html)

AND...

New details about Wizarding World coming September 15th
Warner Brothers and Universal Studios have long been quiet about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida since they announced it two years ago.

Now though, it looks like some big details are about to emerge. As The Orlando Sentinel reports, Universal has been sending out invitations to various members of the press for an event in Orlando on September 15th.

MuggleNet is one of those members invited and we will be providing full coverage of the event! In the mean time, check out all we got on the Theme Park right here.
Posted by Andrew on Sep 3rd

(From HP fansite Mugglenet.com - http://mugglenet.com/app/news/show/2795)

CAN'T WAIT TILL Sept. 15!!! :happy:

Btw, I'm a HUGE Harry Potter and Universal fan! hehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!