The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNylund

SNylund Mouseketeer

HP is gearing up to be a disappointment for me, unfortunately, I can't believe that they are going to re-name DD and the Flying Unicorn to give it HP themes. That is just kind of lame to me. I think they should have just added new attractions, and not messed with the Lost Continent area at all.

Also, if the FU and DD are going to be the main attractions at HP, that is kind of like saying, hey honey I bought you a new car, come look. Wait honey, that looks like my same old Dodge Pacer from 1977, no see I painted it and put a new name on the side, called Ferrari F-50, see its new and exciting now. :rolleyes1

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dawnee

Dawnee Earning My Ears

That's what I thought too so I just bought by tickets on Sunday for our trip next July.

BTW, the 7 day 2 park ticket for $99.99 - Universal said that I have to start my 7 days within a year from the time I bought it. It's not anywhere on their website or on my confirmation, but was verbally told to my TA. :confused3 Can anyone confirm this?

4. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I've never heard that before unless it is some special kind of ticket that your TA got. Tickets purchased through the website are good indefinitely so you would think yours was too. I would call Universal directly and ask them.

5. SNylund

SNylund Mouseketeer

Universal seems to be pretty good about honoring tickets. We used some YEARS ago, like in 1997 in LA, and I do believe they clearly said on the tickets that they were expired (past the used by date), but in the main ticket booth thing, they exchanged them for us for new ones.

6. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

I bought the ones that are $99 too. My tickets do not have an expiration date and it said good 6 days from first use.

7. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of bookmarkmaster, Orlando United

8. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of kldx360 and BJCool, Orlando United

9. honeysuckle_rose

honeysuckle_rose Earning My Ears

I am beginning to research at trip for summer 2011. If I buy the two park/7 day tickets that are currently on sale for $99.99, will these get me into the Harry Potter portion of the park? Or is it going to be a separate park which will require a separate ticket? Hope this question makes sense and forgive my ignorance. I will be excited to visit Universal Orlando for the first time.

Thanks!!

10. h20jag

h20jag <br><font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=m

It'll be included. It's all behind that same row of turnstyles out front!
    (Lest a TM here says different... I'm just a sheep myself )

11. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

WWoHP will be part of IOA so you would not need a separate ticket.

12. melly

melly Mouseketeer

its funny really because I expressed this opinion a number of pages back on this thread and got flamed for it.

Despite what anyone says when you cut through all the guff and the hype that started off as a "new park" then a "park within a park" the real deal is that 1 new ride is coming along with a few coats of paint on existing rides.

13. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Not sure where you got the idea that FU and DD are going to be the main attractions. I would say that Hogwarts and the new ride will be the main attraction. Hogmeade, in all its glory, should be pretty cool too.

14. Caribbeanprincess

Caribbeanprincess Princess of the Caribbean Seas

As an HP fan for years, the appeal for me is not the rides but rather the theming of the area. I look forward the most to FINALLY be able to go inside Hogwarts and various other places in the magical world. That's where the true magic is.

15. xipetotec

xipetotec DIS Veteran

I echo a bit of both these sentiments. While I *DO* agree with you and *AM* looking very forward to the theming, Hagrid's hut, Hogsmeade, etc. etc. and I'm "okay" with what they're doing "attraction-wise"... it DOES greatly annoy me that their stupid marketing went on about a "Park within a Park" and made it sound a whole lot bigger than it's going to be.

That being said... I can't wait to step foot into the Wizarding World and will go next year when I'm in Orlando if it's even half-open as some reports have suggested.

16. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I don't think the coasters are the main attractions just nice additions to the new area. Universal certainly isn't advertising them as such.

BTW...The Pacer was made by AMC not Dodge. I remember the commercials for the Pacer with the really long sub sandwich inside the car showing how wide the car was.
    :rotfl:

17. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

Since we have never been to IOA (or US) I look forward to it......I just hope it is open when we go next July!

18. SNylund

SNylund Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: Yeah I couldn't remember? But you get my point.

I will certainly give HP all benefits of the doubt and certainly hope they will create brand new attractions for HP, I'm sure it will be cool, was just hoping that it would have about 2 big new rides.

I was never a fan of tearing down any part of the LC and annexing it into HP, thought the Enchanted Oak was a work of art and should not have been messed with etc., but oh well, it is what it is going to be. A new HP land is better than no new land at all.

19. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

20. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Disneyhead, Orlando United

21. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.