1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The wilderness lodge is haunted!!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tuckerkeys, Sep 8, 2013.

1. tuckerkeys

tuckerkeys official cookie taster

Hi all!

Just returned from an awesome wilderness lodge trip! One of the best ever!

We stayed club level this time, and one evening my son was watching one of those ghost shows while getting ready for dinner. It featured a hotel and its many ghosts.....which got him thinking, if any Disney hotels had ghosts!

He went out to ask the club level staffers if the wilderness lodge had any weird things happen and they said they did!

Apparently there is a ghost that roams the Wl, who they refer to as "Stetson" because he is wearing a big cowboy hat. He appears to be floating while moving. Many workers have reported seeing him as well as guests!

Another strange thing that has happened in the past few weeks was the club level lounge kept getting called from a room that was out of inventory for some time and when they'd pick up it was all static....they thought a housekeeper was playing a trick on them, so, they gained access to the room only to find the phone was not on and the line was out of the wall....strange!!

When we asked if they knew of any other hauntings at any other Disney hotels they said only the Wl ...so do any of you know of any hauntings at any resorts????

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. kaylasmom07

kaylasmom07 DIS Veteran

Wow. That is awesome.

4. Nohal

Nohal DIS Veteran

I thought I read something once about Pop and I think the POTC.

5. mum2four

mum2four DIS Veteran

I love this kind of stuff LOL! I too read something about POTC and also Ft. Wilderness. Whether or not there's any truth to it, who knows, but they make some good stories!

6. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I read somewhere that the Poly was haunted by John Lennons ghost. :goodvibes

7. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

That makes me even more eager to stay there again!

8. Kaewin

Kaewin GameMaster

I thought Cast Members weren't supposed to talk about that.

9. Disney Khi

Disney Khi DIS Veteran

There used to be a long thread on here about ghosts at Disney hotels. I seem to remember it had a story about coat hangers that kept knocking together in someone's room. You might be able to find it with a search.

10. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

I heard it was the Brady Bunch. :rotfl:

11. luvmylatte

luvmylatte Mouseketeer

Staying at WL in 13 days, now I'm curious to see if anything comes through while we are there. My DD and I have always had "experiences" in our home and with friends so I guess we will see if we get a visitor on the trip.:wizard:

12. ColonelHathi

ColonelHathi Mouseketeer

POTC is haunted. I worked in JC and would pick up POTC greeter shifts. We also toured all Adventureland attractions as part of our training. There is a former CM that helped build the ride that haunts it occasionally. Many CM that work POTC have reportedly seen him or have had "weird things" happen in the control room for the ride. ;)

13. TJA

TJA DIS Veteran

Fun stuff! We just stayed at WL CL and something odd happened to us during the night! Our phone suddenly went on speaker and played a dial tone full of static! We were so confused -- thought maybe it was the alarm clock so I kept hitting buttons on that, then DH woke up enough to realize it was coming from our phone so he unplugged it. It happened around 3:00 a.m. and we were all sound asleep. Weird!!:)

14. jillgunter

jillgunter Mouseketeer

Oh my! Well I hope Stetson stays out of my room :) I dont think I am open to those types of things, some people really can see and feel it.

15. jillgunter

jillgunter Mouseketeer

3 am is when stuff always happens in horror movies!

16. Ravenne

Ravenne queen is never late Everyone else is simply early

I haven't heard of anything about any ghosts at WDW till now, but when I die, I hope MY ghost has the privilege of haunting a WDW resort. What a gig though, right? :lmao:

17. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:confused3

18. dixiegirl

dixiegirl sorry but those dolls really creep me out!!

Have heard this story for many years and from many sources. I always make sure to say hello and goodbye to George whenever we ride POTC.