The Widow, the Spinster, and the Missus take on Disneyland - A little OT Interlude in Napa 4/14

Popping in to quickly say you are right, Disney is planning on a Disney+ remake of the Swiss Family Robinson. Hoping it does the story justice!

Thanks for that confirmation. I'll be curious to see how it is. I'm not sure I saw the 1960 version.

They did a really nice job with the Treehouse....they should have since it took so long!

I know! They started the renovations before the pandemic!

The entrance sign was carved by Raymond Kinman that did the sign for Indy, Hungry Bears, and more!

Yes! And he is also from Cupertino! He is in two different FB groups that I am a member, and it's an interesting intersection of groups! ;)

So there's room for one more, then.
:sad2: I see what you did there.....
You'll have to refresh my memory... was there one there before? I know there's one in MK, but...

Well there was one there quite a while ago, but the folks at Disney must have decided that no one remembered the old 1960 movie, so they changed it to Tarzan's Treehouse. It may have already been down for refurb when you visited DL. As Jill mentioned, it's been down for a very long time. I went down for refurb right around the time when they widened the Adventureland walkway and moved the stroller parking into the shop that used to be next to the Jungle Cruise queue. They moved that shop into another shop location across the way. Closed one of the shops and turned it into seating for the Bengal Barbeque.

I believe that they took out part of the tree during the pandemic because I remember coming back to Disney and the walkway was wider and the tree was gone.

But you did get some really good ones through the mesh on wide-angle. :thumbsup2

Well I finally figured out that if I put my camera all the way up against the mesh then I got a clean shot!

Jane???
Wrong movie. Was she visiting from afar?

I don't know, maybe in the new version that will be revealed. Or maybe it's a throwback to when it was Tarzan's Treehouse.

::yes::
I remember that two of the boys had a bit of a crush on her and one got a bit angry when the other was chosen.

Yes, I read the plot synopsis on Wikipedia to make sure I had it right.

Gorgeous colours!

That happens in California!

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind seeing that. I enjoyed the 1960 movie.

I'm not sure I actually ever saw it.....

Well there was one there quite a while ago, but the folks at Disney must have decided that no one remembered the old 1960 movie, so they changed it to Tarzan's Treehouse. It may have already been down for refurb when you visited DL
Oooohhh... Yeah! I remember that now! Not sure if we visited it or not, though.
Well I finally figured out that if I put my camera all the way up against the mesh then I got a clean shot!
:thumbsup2
I don't know, maybe in the new version that will be revealed. Or maybe it's a throwback to when it was Tarzan's Treehouse.
I suspect it's a throwback. Disney tends to do that a lot. Little bits of previous attractions in newer, replacement attractions.
That happens in California!
Here too!

IMG_8775.jpeg
I'm not sure I actually ever saw it.....
I've seen it at least twice. I'm sure once in the 70s on The Wonderful World of Disney, and again, more recently (within the last few years), probably on Disney+

Oooohhh... Yeah! I remember that now! Not sure if we visited it or not, though.
Probably not. It wasn't all that exciting.
I suspect it's a throwback. Disney tends to do that a lot. Little bits of previous attractions in newer, replacement attractions.
Probably. They do like to do that.
Here too!
Beautiful Shot
I've seen it at least twice. I'm sure once in the 70s on The Wonderful World of Disney, and again, more recently (within the last few years), probably on Disney+
I'd say I'll put it on the list, but my list is so long I don't know if I'd ever get to it.

x23NY0930TS11.jpg
You guys are kinda matching in this!
There was even a point where one of them holds a pole on his shoulders with about 10 hats attached, signifying that most all the cast are singing together. It was quite hilarious!
hehe sounds like such a fun show indeed!
11/9: Steve Martin & Martin Short
11/10: Billy Crystal
Wow what a couple of nights, SM and MS together makes sense!

11/22: Will Ferrell
I'd love to see him!

11/25: Weird Al
I quoted Weird Al thinking in my mind he was a Canadian, decided to check, and ya, as I'm sure you know, he's from California...what on earth was my brain thinking!

Ohh this looks really pretty!

One thing that I did not expect, was that it was “a” cup of coffee. I was able to get one refill, but the server said that wasn’t normally something that they usually did.
I remember that from the year I lived in England- no refills on coffee or pop!
Eventually I broke down and got a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Twisted your rubber arm hey!

I’m sure it was perfect.

x23NY1001TD07.jpg
Looks pretty perfect!

I ended up eating it at the airport while we were waiting to board our plane.
It's like you were planning ahead!
I think we walked through the M&Ms store, but it was just a giant overpriced commercial.
I remember this from Vegas as well!
And a little mischievous. She has that look in her eyes sometimes.
Truth...she actually seems a lot better these days, however still has her moments here and there, but not so often anymore!

Annnddd change trips:

I'd never had it with noodles that way and it was surprisingly good! I always add the crispy noodles after cooking. Never thought to do it in the pan.
This is what I grew up eating as "chow mien" that my parents made- we never ate "bought" chinese food till I was older
Well, two gals with a guy pouring....
Very good point!
Now I understand when you posted before "foreshadowing".
Yup, I recognized him for sure!
I know we purposely skipped the Rose room, but there was another we didn't get to as well.
I think it was the one I call the "water" room which isn't hot or cold, just more of a "warm" temp
Such a big portion!
yup, I probably told you they used to have a fantastic buffet, so probably trying to keep the complaints down
Nice! I saw it at the Pantages in LA
I'm going to have to message my mom, as I'm sure I saw a show at the Pantages!
You think your Canadian dollar is stretched at Disneyland? Even more so in NY!
Totally! When we were in NY last, the dollar was at least par...I long for those days...
I love gnocchi. I need to put them on the dinner rotation!
So good! we need to come for an Alison dinner that has gnocchi involved!

Last edited:

You guys are kinda matching in this!
We didn't plan it that way!
hehe sounds like such a fun show indeed!
It really was fun!
Wow what a couple of nights, SM and MS together makes sense!
It's amazing when you look back on how long they have been working together.
I quoted Weird Al thinking in my mind he was a Canadian, decided to check, and ya, as I'm sure you know, he's from California...what on earth was my brain thinking!
Yeah, he's a Californian through and through.
Ohh this looks really pretty!
I'd be happy to go back there when we go back to New York.
I remember that from the year I lived in England- no refills on coffee or pop!
So I guess they were being authentically European.
Twisted your rubber arm hey!
Never heard that expression. :laughing:
Looks pretty perfect!
If you like almonds.
It's like you were planning ahead!
I can't take the credit for being that smart.
I remember this from Vegas as well!
Ah yes, there's one on the strip isn't there?
Truth...she actually seems a lot better these days, however still has her moments here and there, but not so often anymore!
Well now that she is a worldly gal of Disney.
Annnddd change trips:
Record screeching sound.
This is what I grew up eating as "chow mien" that my parents made- we never ate "bought" chinese food till I was older
Yeah, I never "made" Chinese food until I lived on my own. Didn't know what ingredients to use to make it taste right.
Very good point!
Yeah, guys are so transparent.
Yup, I recognized him for sure!
Could have been a her.....
I think it was the one I call the "water" room which isn't hot or cold, just more of a "warm" temp
That's why we need to go back.
yup, I probably told you they used to have a fantastic buffet, so probably trying to keep the complaints down
Makes Sense.
I'm going to have to message my mom, as I'm sure I saw a show at the Pantages!
Did you find out?
Totally! When we were in NY last, the dollar was at least par...I long for those days...
I bet.
So good! we need to come for an Alison dinner that has gnocchi involved!
I'm game.
Wow this is so pretty!!
They did a very nice job on this.
Look at all those cool instruments!
Hidden Mickey? Blue ears on red shell?
Good find!
Especially love the lamp!
:thumbsup2
I really like the Mickey on the tree here!
Actually that Mickey is a banner hanging between buildings on Main Street. You can see another one in the foreground of the picture.
Wow I think I'm caught up!!
Yay! Until I post again. :laughing:

So I had just been out at the park during the soft opening of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House back in November, and about 10 days later my friend Brett was visiting from Sacramento with his cousins. I was able to come out for an afternoon and see them.

They really wanted to see the holiday parade, so we stayed close by in Disneyland. First we went on Space Mountain.

x23DL1120DLR01.jpg

Then we took a spin on Autopia. This was only my second time riding this. The first time was in February and I drove, it was kind of traumatizing for me cause the car stalled out on a hill, so I don’t like to be the driver anymore. Plus, I drive enough every week around Southern California, I don’t need to pretend drive. But I was happy to be a passenger.

x23DL1120DLR02.jpg

And there’s Bret and his Cousin behind us!

x23DL1120DLR03.jpg

We still had a while before the parade started so we hopped in line for It’s a Small World since there was barely any line.

x23DL1120DLR04.jpg

The Holiday show is so cute!

x23DL1120DLR05.jpg

And here we go!

x23DL1120DLR06.jpg

x23DL1120DLR07.jpg

x23DL1120DLR08.jpg

x23DL1120DLR09.jpg

x23DL1120DLR10.jpg

x23DL1120DLR11.jpg

x23DL1120DLR12.jpg

x23DL1120DLR13.jpg

x23DL1120DLR14.jpg

x23DL1120DLR15.jpg

x23DL1120DLR16.jpg

x23DL1120DLR17.jpg

x23DL1120DLR18.jpg

I was impressed with how they handled the holidays in cultures that don’t celebrate Christmas.

x23DL1120DLR19.jpg

x23DL1120DLR20.jpg

x23DL1120DLR21.jpg

x23DL1120DLR22.jpg

x23DL1120DLR23.jpg

x23DL1120DLR24.jpg

x23DL1120DLR25.jpg

x23DL1120DLR26.jpg

x23DL1120DLR27.jpg

x23DL1120DLR28.jpg

x23DL1120DLR29.jpg

x23DL1120DLR30.jpg

x23DL1120DLR31.jpg

x23DL1120DLR32.jpg

x23DL1120DLR33.jpg

x23DL1120DLR34.jpg

x23DL1120DLR35.jpg

I like how you can tell the pros from the rookies in this picture. :laughing:
Then we took a spin on Autopia. This was only my second time riding this. The first time was in February and I drove, it was kind of traumatizing for me cause the car stalled out on a hill, so I don’t like to be the driver anymore.
Oh dear. I'm surprised they can stall at all!
Plus, I drive enough every week around Southern California, I don’t need to pretend drive.
Well... there's that.
we hopped in line for It’s a Small World since there was barely any line.
Gee... I wonder why there's no line for this?

:rolleyes1
And here we go!
Great, now I'm traumatized.
Santa!
Did the names on the list change?
I was impressed with how they handled the holidays in cultures that don’t celebrate Christmas.
I was thinking the same thing.

Now, after seeing your photos, I'm kinda wanting to go and see it (during the holiday overlay)... but I'll still wear earbuds and listen to headbanging music. ;)

I like how you can tell the pros from the rookies in this picture. :laughing:
:laughing:
Oh dear. I'm surprised they can stall at all!
Well they do run on some sort of fossil fuel. You can tell by the smell.
Gee... I wonder why there's no line for this?

:rolleyes1
Actually there was..... :rolleyes1
Great, now I'm traumatized.
:lmao:
Did the names on the list change?
Change how?
I was thinking the same thing.

Now, after seeing your photos, I'm kinda wanting to go and see it (during the holiday overlay)... but I'll still wear earbuds and listen to headbanging music. ;)
They do play a different song with the holiday overlay.

So when I last left off we were riding It’s a Small World. Bret had hung around that afternoon because he wanted to see the Christmas Parade and he and his cousins had not had the opportunity to see it yet.

We hightailed it down to the parade route and were able to get a pretty good spot before the parade actually started.

x23DL1120DLR36.jpg

Shortly the parade began….

x23DL1120DLR37.jpg

These toy soldiers are actually real trumpet players who are hired for the season. They play special trumpets provided by Disney.

x23DL1120DLR38.jpg

x23DL1120DLR39.jpg

x23DL1120DLR40.jpg

These snow people were so cute!

x23DL1120DLR41.jpg

This Christmas Tree that was propelled by itself was a little weird.

x23DL1120DLR42.jpg

x23DL1120DLR43.jpg

x23DL1120DLR44.jpg

x23DL1120DLR45.jpg

x23DL1120DLR46.jpg

x23DL1120DLR47.jpg

The Step Sisters are always entertaining.

x23DL1120DLR48.jpg

x23DL1120DLR49.jpg

x23DL1120DLR50.jpg

x23DL1120DLR51.jpg

x23DL1120DLR52.jpg

x23DL1120DLR53.jpg

x23DL1120DLR54.jpg

x23DL1120DLR55.jpg

And the reindeer “pulling” Santa’s sleigh….

x23DL1120DLR56.jpg

x23DL1120DLR57.jpg

After that, we said our goodbyes and I headed back for home.

They do play a different song with the holiday overlay.
Oh, really?? What do they play?
These snow people were so cute!

x23DL1120DLR41.jpg
They are cute. I have been at WDW a few times at Christmas and always liked the snowmen they had in their parade. They were a little different though but I just love snowmen in general :love:
She should have the Christmas dress :)

Looks like a nice parade. I would love to go at Christmas time again someday. World or Land

It's definitely better than the original.
Anything is.

:rolleyes:
Shortly the parade began….
Nutcracker. Good start!
These toy soldiers are actually real trumpet players who are hired for the season. They play special trumpets provided by Disney.
What?????
Really?? No way! I just assumed the song was piped in. I’ll be darned!
This Christmas Tree that was propelled by itself was a little weird.
Moving plants… the stuff of nightmares.
The Step Sisters are always entertaining.
And the reindeer “pulling” Santa’s sleigh….
I counted eight. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter