The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

How big is he, I thought he was pretty small? Praying they will want him!:hug:

He's full grown at about 24 pounds BUT he's tall and thin. She had a beagle previously and I think she was expected a smaller package.

Speaking of, he's now on Petfinder! http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13853618 They took some cute pics of him at the adoption event that are included. If this home doesn't work out, maybe another will come along.

My dad didn't end up coming over but we still saw Up at the Movie Tavern. Great movie :thumbsup2

I made homemade sloppy joes yesterday for today and tomorrow's dinner. We will have chips with it :)

I'm up nice and early in an attempt to accomplish something other than DISing; I shall come through and catch up with this thread later today. :thumbsup2

I hope everybody is doing well and has a great Sunday!

Hi all,

Aimee, still hoping Ace finds adoption success.

Vickie, have you checked in? Still sending love and prayers over seas to you.

Maria, I grew up camping and loved it. Cheap vacation for a large family. I do hate snakes now because it, my brothers used to catch them for fun and torture their little sister with them for fun!:lmao: So glad your DN had a wonderful recital. Your trip is so darn close, I am so excited for you. I hope you have cell service for me to reach you.

Marisa, rest that knee. I hope you are not to uncomfortable, no more Wii for you.

Sheryl, hoping you had a wonderful weekend with your little princess and DH.Can't wait hear all the details.

Marilyn, good luck getting all that paperwork processed. I have been craving rock crabs...hope you get your blue crabs soon.

Lauri (LBKB), where have you been hiding??:flower3:

Charlene, hope you are feeling better?

Gretchen, that Hailey is a sweetie. I loved the pedicure story, it made me smile!

Bethany, hope you get what you want accomplished today.

Kathy, make sure that cell phone is on at all times please ;). Hope you are doing well my friend.

----
going to do a small grocery shopping and then try to accomplish one thing on my list for the baby's arrival. DH mentioned taking a ride but we will see.

My cooking has been very minimal and simple, don't expect anything gourmet out of my kitchen till Emma arrives. Right now I am enjoying a homemade scone from DM and coffee.

Ann

Good Morning! Quick check in...

We went to a really neat WWII show and air show yesterday and my nephew stayed over. My sister and BIL are coming to pick him up today and will stay for a BBQ.

I am trying a new recipe. Bacon wrapped pork kabobs (Mario Batali)...I cannot wait to see how they come...they have a rub and marinade. If they come out good, I will post the recipe. I also have a flank steak marinating for a few days and make macaroni salad and will serve burgers and dogs to anyone wanting them. I guess I should have a veggie...maybe tossed salad.

I hope everyone is well. BBL to try and catch up.

Lindsay, that's great news that she is in remission! You must be very happy.

I have a question, be honest. Do you think a graduation party from 8th grade is appropriate?

Why not? It sounds lke fun to me!

Dinner yesterday was just burgers, no picture. I went out to Horseneck Beach in Westport to scope it out. It's a really nice beach! I told Laura she should take the kids there instead of to the Cape this summer. I put a couple of pictures on Facebook.

Today we are grilling salmon. I think I am doing it on a cedar plank. We are also having asparagus, green beans, and some kind of potato.

Well, I suppose I should get off the computer and finally go take my shower! Laura is going to be here soon and I'm still in my PJs. :laughing:

Qick check in...had a great day. My niece performed 2 solos & 6 other pieces, one was so beautiful it made me cry...

Camping is a No- No for me!!!
I went once, I was 7. DM was talked into it by one of her friends who bought a pop-up trailer. It rained for 3 days & for fun we were "sailing" individual cereal boxes out the door to watch them float away.
On the third night the son of my mothers friend decided to throw up tuna salad, we were out of there a few hours later!:scared1:
No more camping for these girls!!!!

I agree with Nan, those tears feel good.:goodvibes

Your camping story had me :rotfl2:

Marisa dislocated her knee when she was playing WII a few months back but it seemed to go back into place. I am not sure how she did this again but the Dr thinks that she also tore her meniscus but until the dr sees the MRI he cannot do much for her. She is in agony

Please tell her we miss her and I'll be praying for good MRI results.:hug:

Lauren - Sounds like a great BBQ, have fun!:thumbsup2

WFD - Glynis' roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes and eggplant sticks.

HI! Feeling much better today thanks for asking. I decided to switch my allergy meds. and they made me feel sick :sick: I hope everybody is having a nice weekend, its finally not raining here so we can enjoy outside today.Tomorrow is my husbands birthday but the whole 3 day weekend is all about him!:rolleyes: :rolleyes1 So he is getting his favorites, buffalo wings on the grill (double dipped it sauce) filet mignon and some homefries. Then later on a carvel ice cream cake. YUMMY!

LIAMSAUNT- I had a neighbor that use to go there every year and they loved it.

LAUREN-Glad you guys had fun yesterday, I survived the bird sanctuary it was actually very nice. I dont want to tell ya who photos came out better:snooty: enjoy the family today give kissespuckerup: Your menu sounds great!

KATHY-How was the cake ?

ANN- I can go for a homemade scone right now! relax today ! enjoy the ride.

AIMEE - Ace is so cute! I love dogs!

MARIA- Glad you enjoyed the recital there so cute when they perform.Camping is not for me either.

NANCY- Its sounds like you had a nice day with Kady, hope Marisa knee is feeling better. Looking forward to Sunday I will definately have my camera.

BIGMERLE-Love blue crabs !

BETHANY- What a story!

WELL I GOTTA RUN ! ENJOY!:) Its almost time to break out the MARGARITA MACHINE !!;) Have a good weekend !

If Lauren says its OK I would love to post some pics of the baby I will check with her tomorrow !

I finally got the sausage recipe my grandmother used to make. I'm going to make a trial batch today minus the casing just so I get the seasoning down. Then when I have Alex's party I will make a bigger batch.:thumbsup2 I am so excited to have these again I can't tell you. It has been over 15 years. It is funny what old family food memories do to you.

Charlene I hope Lauren says yes to the pictures.

Marilyn Is there a big taste difference between the different crabs?

Nancy I must be really tired today I thought you said Marisa was playing world war II games I just thought what you do behind closed doors and drawn blinds is your business:rolleyes1. I forgot about the WII:lmao:

I had better get moving and stop dising or nothing is getting done.

Lauri (LBKB), where have you been hiding??:flowe
Ann
Just been lurking. Trying to get back to life. If you can say an extra prayer for me tommarrow I have to go for my physical and if I don't pass I can't go back to work so pray that I will pass cause I'll go nuts if I can't go back to work. Thanks for noticing. Hope your feeling well.

KATHY-How was the cake ?

Really good! It made a freaking ton, we've barely put a dent in it. I wish all of y'all were closer, I'd be making dirt cake deliveries to all today!

Nancy I must be really tired today I thought you said Marisa was playing world war II games I just thought what you do behind closed doors and drawn blinds is your business:rolleyes1. I forgot about the WII:lmao:

Now this made me spit diet coke on my laptop...:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Ann
Just been lurking. Trying to get back to life. If you can say an extra prayer for me tommarrow I have to go for my physical and if I don't pass I can't go back to work so pray that I will pass cause I'll go nuts if I can't go back to work. Thanks for noticing. Hope your feeling well.

Extra prayers for you, we do miss you.:hug:

I am trying a new recipe. Bacon wrapped pork kabobs (Mario Batali)...I cannot wait to see how they come...they have a rub and marinade. If they come out good, I will post the recipe. I also have a flank steak marinating for a few days and make macaroni salad and will serve burgers and dogs to anyone wanting them. I guess I should have a veggie...maybe tossed salad.

I hope everyone is well. BBL to try and catch up.

That sounds delicious!

Ann

I hope you pass it!! :flower3:

I fly out in the morning with the 5th graders on their trip to San Antonio AND we ran out of food so I decided we'll eat out tonight and DH can just go buy whatever he wants for the next few days. We're going to IHOP tonight, I think. We have B1G1 free coupons.

Ann

Sending :) good luck your way that you pass with flying colors!

-----

WFD- we went for a ride and ended up going to Applebees because we had a gift certificate. Not our favorite place but had to use the gift certificate and it got me out of cooking.:thumbsup2

Not going to be on long, I am tired.

Anyone excited about watching The Next Food Network Star tonight? I still say the liam sisters should enter, they'd win the darn thing!

I'm also into Army Wives which premieres tonight too!!!!

Ann - Get some rest.:hug:

Aimee - Have a safe trip!

WFD- Olive Garden in the middle of Times Square! We we're not planning this, but we were walking all over the place and dropped in here. I went to look at cars a weebit today. I liked the Honda Fit best of all the ones I looked at. I knew that already but wanted to see one in person.

I have accomplished a lot today...

Still on the to do list is read back in this thread when I get home!

Ann -- You better not be doing gourmet right after Emma arrives either! You need to rest and give all your energy to your great boy and baby girl.

Lauri -- Good luck on the physical!

Kat -- Thanks!

Aimee -- I hope Ace found a new home.

Since I had salmon last night (grilled salmon, baked penne alfredo and peas) Beck and I changed the menu today to a new linguine and clam recipe. It was good. It needed less bacon (who would have guessed? :confused3), more red pepper flakes, and some butter.

Oh, and Liam's team won last night, 15-3. I guess the batting practice helped. :laughing:

Hi all!

WFD? Cuban sandwiches, tortilla soup and black bean and corn salad.

Hey Kathy, I'm watching Next Food Network Star tonight. I don't know if they'll ever find anyone as successful as Guy again though.

I went to look at cars a weebit today. I liked the Honda Fit best of all the ones I looked at. I knew that already but wanted to see one in person.

I LOVE my Honda, I have the CRV!:thumbsup2

Oh, and Liam's team won last night, 15-3. I guess the batting practice helped. :laughing:

Congrats Liam and team!!!:cheer2:

Hey Kathy, I'm watching Next Food Network Star tonight. I don't know if they'll ever find anyone as successful as Guy again though.

You are so right!!!! I really don't like Aaron's show at all but Adam's Will Work For Food or whatever it is called is pretty interesting!

PROUD AUNTIE MOMENT LITTLE TOMMY!(Laurens baby)
1218uq9.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter