The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by TigerKat, May 4, 2009.

1. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I don't think this group could be appalled by anything involving chocolate.:laughing:

Your niece is a beautiful young lady, congrats to her!:thumbsup2

Too funny!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we can add your name to the list.;) Have a great time!!!!!

I'm happy too! What I might do is, as folks post tentative plans or ideas I'll list all the options for each day then as plans are finalized I'll firm it all up.:goodvibes

I'll be thinking of you all weekend and good luck to A!

I...am...so...EXCITED!:yay::dance3::woohoo:

I really hope you can manage even just a weekend with us!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon.:hug:

WFD - Takeout!

Off to check out Alexis' video.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shovan

shovan DIS Veteran

Morning Y'all,

Thought I'd check in before the mouth wakes up! I don't know WFD, I can't decide if I want to cook or go out.

You are a very good daughter!!! :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Nan, I'm so sorry you're sick! Have you tried Airborne? I swear that stuff cleared up the last sore throat/sinus thing I went through.

Yes listen to your daughter (she's a smart girl) and come meet with us! :banana: I'm really excited at the possibility!!! :yay: Just come for a couple of days, Buddy can handle that!

We have been looking for drama classes for her. The local theatre group doesn't take them until 8. :mad: She will be going to a camp at her dancing/music school. The camp themes are Rock Star & High School Musical. Definitely her thing.;)

Ann, Have fun shopping! Congrats on your DH's retirement! But no more jokes about AARP please! :laughing: I was quite distressed to find an envelope from them in the mail, AND it was addressed to me not DH!!! :scared:

Lauren, I hope your weekend goes smoothly having your Mom there & A having a lot going on.:hug:

Maria, Are you feeling any better yet?:hug:

Lindsay, Is that headache gone yet? :hug:

4. BigMama

BigMama DIS Veteran

Good Morning ! Well it has finally stopped raining here so we can finally BBQ.WFD- Chicken tonight with a salad and a nice cold Corona!!:thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

5. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Nan - Listen to Sheryl, maybe just the weekend PLEASE!!!!!!

Johnny is so OK with all of this, I told him last night about our plans and he said as long as we have some "alone" time at US/IOA, he's happy as long as I have a smile on my face. And he knows how much y'all mean to me.

OP is updated with tentative itinerary.:goodvibes

6. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

After our cast of characters will they let us come back?:rotfl:

Sheryl you wouldn't have to clean, that is sometimes my therapy so I will do that. Can you believe I actually looked at B&Bs for sale last night?
    Can't wait to see the video!!!!!

Lauren, grief is different for everyone. You take as much time as you need & release it the way YOU need to.....There are times I think of my Grandma & how & when she passed & the tears flow, I miss her madly at times.
    Thinking & praying for you all weekend xo

Marilyn & Nancy thank you for the chocolate chip support! The thought of a bag in the freezer during the warmer months is just yummy!

Kat~ can't imagine how proud you are at the great job Kyle is doing. Makes me proud!

Laura~ If your lurking hope you having a "magical" time.

Marissa~ how did you start to break Nan down? Would love to have you & Kady as well!

WOW...looking at this new drink on the "Today" show....TY-KO, no sulfites & low in carbs, it's from Japan. Shall I add this to my packing list?!

Tomorrow morning Greg & I head to Maryland for one of his niece's confirmations, I am so fuming about the entire situation I need to regroup & post later. Just remember this is the "group" that never came to the hospital when I had a 50/50 shot to support Greg...did I mention they didn't even send us a wedding card! It is going to take everything in my power to keep my attitude in check.....they have caused so much pain.

BBL

7. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Good luck my friend, not sure I could do it.:hug:

8. liamsaunt

liamsaunt <font color=red>I was an irish girl with an afro<b

Good morning!
    I am glad to hear that Vickie's surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Vickie!

Kathy, I love reading about all the vacation planning! Laura and I would love to come, but we are committed to December this year. We recently roped our parents into coming also, so it's looking pretty finalized. We'll be there in spirit! You guys will all just have to have a drink for us.

Nancy, I hope you feel better soon! I am sure that the miserable weather is not helping matters.

Ann, congratulations on your DH's retirement!

Here are photos from last night. Both are from the new issue of cooking light magazine. Salad with creamy peppercorn dressing:

[​IMG]

And pasta with fresh tomatoes and herbs:

[​IMG]

Tonight I am making a Disney recipe--Durban chicken on sugarcane skewers. It's from Boma and also they served it at the South Africa booth at the food and wine festival a couple of years ago. They still do the Durban chicken at Food and Wine, but it is a different recipe and not as good (and without the sugar cane). I wanted to grill but it is pouring rain here and supposed to thunder later, so I might have to go to plan b. Sides will probably be a salad, and maybe some kind of potato.

9. BigMama

BigMama DIS Veteran

all your food pictures look so good your making me hungry! I love that Durban chicken can't wait to see that pic! enjoy!

10. shovan

shovan DIS Veteran

Kathy, Are you planning on ditching Johnny for the better part of 2 days?? I was thinking of Bob coming along for booth cruising & if we do any meals together. I do know he won't want to do Jellyrolls, he hates the crowd in there.

Oh no cleaning, I can handle that! :laughing:

Maria I agree we'd love to have Marisa & Kady too! I won't be bringing Alexis along on this one, this is Nana's Wine trip!

I'm so sorry about this family situation! Prayers for the strength to get through it! Has your dizziness improved?

11. shovan

shovan DIS Veteran

Becky, That pasta looks soo good! I love a fresh tomato sauce. I wanted to tell you I grilled romaine lettuce last night! Bob thought it was weird, but he really enjoyed it and felt guilt free after eating. I put the benihana ginger dressing that I make on it after, really good. Thanks for all your posts and pictures! You really give me a lot of wonderful ideas and inspiration!!! :thumbsup2

I agree the durban chicken was not the same at the F&W booth the past 2 years. The 1st time I had it, on the sugarcane it was amazing, I'm sure your's will be even better!

12. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

Oh NO! He's coming along for everything and looking forward to it. :goodvibes

13. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

Oh, I hope it's just a passing ick period and you'll feel better later today.

Woo-Hoo!!! Congrats, Ron! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

You're a good person to go and support your neice even after what has happened. I'm not sure I'd be able to do that :hug:

I have a busy work weekend - just a sign of times to come as summer is upon us!! Today I have to find a red outfit for Pentecost Sunday (my usual standby is too small right now :scared: ), tonight I have a dinner meeting before a reception with the new pastor. The dinner meeting is at a place I really like, but I need to figure out how to "make good choices" there - see, I listen to my WW leader! :laughing:

I'm also getting a haircut this afternoon and are going to have her cut more bangs. Haven't had them in 10+ years so we started with a small batch - sorta whispy - but I'm really digging the thick bangs in style right now.

14. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

I can't wait to meet him!

Sheryl all Nana's need some wine time:goodvibeswe are just the group to make that dream come true:wizard:

Nancy~ you okay? Feel better:hug:

Aimee~ thank you:hug: a little prayer, a little wine & hopefully some grace is needed. I will never be so happy as when we come home Monday.
    The best thing about the trip which is what I'm trying to focus on is the road trip with Greg. I just love that for some reason.

On a completely different topic & an FYI for all the pet lovers, my Aunt with the new puppy bought Caesar Milan pet cleaner & it works great! Angel (the new puppy) peed on her carpet & no stain & no scent cover-up....it breaks down the bacteria:confused3
    I just ordered some because Lily sometimes has a little vomiting issue (sorry TMI).****they say it also works on red wine!

15. EJ4Disney

EJ4Disney Just a country girl at heart

Hello All. I am Back!!! Did ya miss me?

I am so sorry I haven't been around much lately. Busy, busy busy here. We have Church Bible School here this last week. Over 125 children here from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. They even served lunch this year. What a great group of kids and helpers but. . . . oh my what a busy week.

Plus as of last night I am finished with my moving/cleaning chores. I have cleaned, taken wallpaper down, cleaned carpets, painted and put contact paper down. Last week end we moved Stephanie & Marty in. Last night I helped Stephanie clean the old apartment. So as of 10:00 p.m. last night my duties are DONE!!!!! YeeHaw!! I will finally have an evening all to myself. I might just sit all night and watch TV. Probably not, but I can if I want to.

So between busy days and busy nights that has left NO time for me to do any playing of any kind. Or for that matter any planning either. We are down to just 16 days until we leave for Disney and I have done nothing - Nadda. I really need to work on that this weekend.

I have 14 pages to read back on so I will do that and be back later to chat. I hope you all have a great day. BBL!!

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Maria- I don't envy you this trip. Enjoy the ride with Greg and it is good that you are going with him to show that family how family behaves!!!!!!!!

Ellen- Glad to "see" you again! What a week you had!

Aimee- you are going to look awesome in bangs!

I am going to talk to Buddy over the weekend and see if he would be really nervous if I was gone a few days. I want to see when these plants go in the ground and then see if I can figure out when we cut and then maybe strip. Normally it is not a problem, he tells me to go and I go, but after last year's disastrous season I worry about him.

Back to the couch, I'll check back later.

17. TheBeadPirate

TheBeadPirate Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Hey ya'll!

Got room for 2 more on Saturday's booth cruising?

We fly in Friday 10/16 and leave on the Wonder on Sunday.

I got a new laptop and am awaiting the new AT&T modem card...so, one day I may just get caught up with this thread!:rotfl2:

18. scotlass

scotlass <b><font color=red>Proud Redhead</b><br><font colo

Hey fine lassies.......:)

I havent read back but i wanted to check in with youse.

I spoke to Maria yesterday and im not embarrased to say it made me quite teary.

For her to take the time to call and then to pass on all your good thoughts really made my day.

Maria, your call was very special and I thank you with all my heart.

The love sent ower the water from you all really means a lot.

My surgery went really well.

There was a wee chance something really nasty was lurking but that was put to rest.:cloud9:

I am very sore today but rest and lots of TLC will sort me out and Colin and the boy are doing grand.

Take care my friends, love to you all xxx

19. TigerKat

TigerKat DIS Veteran

I'm really into the bang thing too!!!!:thumbsup2

Sure did! You've been so busy you haven't had time to think about your upcoming trip????? I have a hard time comprehending that one....:laughing: Hoping you have some down time this weekend.

Hoping it works out that you can join us and all will be OK with Buddy.:goodvibes

You betcha!!:dance3: I won't be doing the booth cruising on Saturday, we don't get in until midday. Do you have any plans for Sat evening, I'd really like to catch up with y'all even if it's just to say "hi".:hug: Would you mind posting where y'all will be staying so I can include it in the OP?

Continued love and prayers coming at you!!! We really miss ya!:hug:

20. shovan

shovan DIS Veteran

Oh good!

Hope you like the new haircut. Enjoy your dinner, it sounds like the only down time you'll get. I don't know how you manage it all!

This could mean trouble, I do a whole lot of wining on my F&W trips, without much help. If Miss Lori is coming along, I'm really in trouble. She's a bad influence on me! ;):laughing:

Ellen, I'm exhausted just reading all of that! At least you have the trip coming, maybe you finally get to relax!

It would be so cool if you could come!

I miss you & your bad influence!!! It would be great to see y'all again! :yay:

So glad you are doing well! I'm glad your boys are taking good care of you. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

I don't think we really have anything set in stone yet. Until we can book ADR's & the F&W schedule comes out it's hard to set things. But we will definitely have to work it all out!

21. HERSEY

HERSEY DIS Veteran

Vickie I'm so the surgery went well. Rest up! :hug: We really do care.

Lori We miss you around here.