The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Hey! Checking in...BBL...my new abbreviation curtesy of Vickie!

I hope everyone that is under the weather is feeling better.

I agree, Marisa, great job!

I am really going to try this week. I did not lose anything last week but like Ellen's Doug, Tom lost 7 pounds...I did do the treadmill this AM...Tom and the furbabies cooperated for the 1/2 hour I did. I guess they know I mean business this time.

I, too, love diet soda...even more with some vodka in it...I do not drink it as much now though. Maria, I like the stop and shop brand...not the one that is sweetened but the plain seltzer with flavors. Raspberry/lime and Cranberry/lime are my favs. I think Poland Spring has the flavors with lime too. I guess I like the limeyness.

Thanks for the kind words on me in the pics I posted...should I plug Mary Kay again??? Seriously, my skin and makeup have not looked this good in ages. I am also getting my hair chopped this week. I can't stand it anymore.

OK, for not having time to catch up, I am pretty chatty. Waiting for Tee Tom to wake up to eat. He is a couple hours passed due..

Did I mention he slept in his own room last night? What a good boy...he went to bed around 10pm, woke at 3:40, ate, and then I took him in with me and he woke about 6:30 ish.

OK, gotta run...xoxo

We had a quiet lazy weekend. We drove out near the base to see the Air show yesterday. Didn't want to go get in the crowds, but we found a great spot & was able to see the Blue Angels and the Raptor. Not much cooking, ate salads most of the weekend.

Argh I should have opened 2 windows & posted while reading! My head is swimming right now! There is just no way to miss the weekend & keep up. :sad1: I'll comment on what I can remember, so I apologize to all of you that I forget!

Most current:

Marisa :thumbsup2 maintaining is just as hard as losing. Believe me, I know! Exericising is even harder, so you must be doing a really great job, if things are shifting to better places! :goodvibes

Has Kady been enjoying a lot of new foods these days?

Vickie, I'm sorry you are going to be having surgery May 26th! I know I missed it, but what kind of surgery are you having?

Wendie, Please come back we miss you!

Gretchen, Have you taken off to WDW yet? I hope y'all have a great relaxing (no worrying) trip! You deserve it!

older stuff:

Lauren, Loved the pics! Especially T in the basket & your Mom's funny pics! :goodvibes

Sorry I missed all your tips for Angelina! I will send her a text, just in case. In thier trip plans, Yankees Game tomorrow. ( I hope the weather is improving) They also have Mesa Grill, the 4040 Club :confused3 and tickets for Stomp. She also had planned 2 pizza places that were recommended and she plans on shopping at Tiffany's this week! Tomorrow is her birthday, Josh had given her a silver bracelet from there & she wants a ring to match. I know she is also planning on shopping as much as he can stand. :laughing:

Janice, Sorry you're sick! :hug: I looked for a post about how your date went. Did I miss it or did you miss the date?

Becky, Glad you have your new fridge! I'm sorry Laura doesn't like mussels, they sure looked good! I can't blame John at all for eating that whole steak, it looked delicous!

Bethany, I think you will feel better when you get out of that apt & that job! Mold & stress are doing bad things to you. :hug:

Laura, Glad you are getting a little help today, running the kids around! You do so much lady, don't feel guilty about a little take out.

Okay, My brain has lost everything else! :upsidedow I know there was a lot more I wanted to comment on!

Oh, Lindsay I hope you come back! You started this thread and it took on a life of it's own! It became more about friendship than food and so you really started all of these friendships. Please don't abandon that now, due to a bit of honesty. Prayers for Jan.

Hey! Checking in...BBL...my new abbreviation curtesy of Vickie!

I hope everyone that is under the weather is feeling better.

I agree, Marisa, great job!

I am really going to try this week. I did not lose anything last week but like Ellen's Doug, Tom lost 7 pounds...I did do the treadmill this AM...Tom and the furbabies cooperated for the 1/2 hour I did. I guess they know I mean business this time.

I, too, love diet soda...even more with some vodka in it...I do not drink it as much now though. Maria, I like the stop and shop brand...not the one that is sweetened but the plain seltzer with flavors. Raspberry/lime and Cranberry/lime are my favs. I think Poland Spring has the flavors with lime too. I guess I like the limeyness.

Thanks for the kind words on me in the pics I posted...should I plug Mary Kay again??? Seriously, my skin and makeup have not looked this good in ages. I am also getting my hair chopped this week. I can't stand it anymore.
OK, for not having time to catch up, I am pretty chatty. Waiting for Tee Tom to wake up to eat. He is a couple hours passed due..

Did I mention he slept in his own room last night? What a good boy...he went to bed around 10pm, woke at 3:40, ate, and then I took him in with me and he woke about 6:30 ish.

OK, gotta run...xoxo

Oh go ahead and plug MK, I don't mind a bit! :rotfl2:

I need my hair done so bad! I called my old stylist ( the one that was so pricey) because my hair has just not been acting right since I changed stylist. But I couldn't get anything until the 14th! Ugh.

Tee-Tom, I love it! I can't believe you have him sleeping in his own room already! :banana: Yeah!

I missed something else, what's BBL stand for?

My DDIL Erica has lost 45 pounds.

:thumbsup2 for her also!

So I was grumbling this morning because my mom wanted me to go to the mattress store and help her decide which mattress to get. Well I thought this was just plain silly, I though she and my dad should pick it out. It turns out my parents got us a California King bed! I am so excited, our bed really needs to be replaced, I'm to young to wake up with a sore back, but it's a big expence and something more important always comes up. My husband is so darn tall, I'm really looking foward to having some space. My brother is getting a big present too, but they don't know what yet. I hope I get to help them pick.

What a nice surprise!:goodvibes

You can do it!!:thumbsup2 Awwww, he's such a good boy.:cloud9:

In thier trip plans, Yankees Game tomorrow. ( I hope the weather is improving) They also have Mesa Grill, the 4040 Club :confused3 and tickets for Stomp. She also had planned 2 pizza places that were recommended and she plans on shopping at Tiffany's this week! Tomorrow is her birthday, Josh had given her a silver bracelet from there & she wants a ring to match. I know she is also planning on shopping as much as he can stand. :laughing:

WOW, sounds like a great trip!:goodvibes

Sheryl- Don't worry if you miss anything, it took me a minute to figure out how in the world having 2 windows open would help you. I thought maybe you needed some fresh air. Can you tell I'm not very computer literate?

Sheryl- Don't worry if you miss anything, it took me a minute to figure out how in the world having 2 windows open would help you. I thought maybe you needed some fresh air. Can you tell I'm not very computer literate?

:rotfl2: Too funny!

Nan, :thumbsup2:cool1: to Erica!

So I was grumbling this morning because my mom wanted me to go to the mattress store and help her decide which mattress to get. Well I thought this was just plain silly, I though she and my dad should pick it out. It turns out my parents got us a California King bed! I am so excited, our bed really needs to be replaced, I'm to young to wake up with a sore back, but it's a big expence and something more important always comes up. My husband is so darn tall, I'm really looking foward to having some space. My brother is getting a big present too, but they don't know what yet. I hope I get to help them pick.

That's great! :banana: I'm happy for you, mattresses are so darn expensive especially a big one like that!

Becky, I thought that Mint Julep looked mighty tasty! I'm not a big fan of bourbon, but I do like good Mint Juleps.

:WOW, sounds like a great trip!:goodvibes

I got it wrong, the game is tonight. I hope the weather holds out for them.

We drove out near the base to see the Air show yesterday. Didn't want to go get in the crowds, but we found a great spot & was able to see the Blue Angels and the Raptor.

Sorry I missed all your tips for Angelina! I will send her a text, just in case. In thier trip plans, Yankees Game tomorrow. ( I hope the weather is improving) They also have Mesa Grill, the 4040 Club :confused3 and tickets for Stomp. She also had planned 2 pizza places that were recommended and she plans on shopping at Tiffany's this week! Tomorrow is her birthday, Josh had given her a silver bracelet from there & she wants a ring to match. I know she is also planning on shopping as much as he can stand. :laughing:

Bethany, I think you will feel better when you get out of that apt & that job! Mold & stress are doing bad things to you. :hug:

Okay, My brain has lost everything else! :upsidedow I know there was a lot more I wanted to comment on!

I know that base! :goodvibes That is cool you got to see the planes.

I hope the weather improves some for her. It rained all day yesterday and this morning, but at least right now the sun is shining through the clouds and it's not raining. I love Stomp. :goodvibes I have a DVD of them and I went to their once.

I KNOW I will feel better when I get out of this apartment and this job. The rain is not helping the mold any; at least one of my windowsills was absorbing water yesterday - it was wet to the touch inside and the window was closed. :scared: That ceiling they fixed at work also was moldy; I could smell it after they scraped it off - and LEFT THE DUST AND PAINT CHIPS EVERYWHERE. :mad: Between them drilling through the wall one day (WHILE I was teaching :confused3 ), them tearing up the floor, and messing with the ceiling, there's actually a layer of white dust on EVERYTHING now. :scared1: If they give me a hard time about being sick today I'm going to take them up to my classroom and show them what I'm being forced to breathe. Add in the fact that my classroom practically overlooks one of the busiest interstates in the nation and my lungs are NOT happy!

There was more (especially from the other thread) that I wanted to comment on also. :grouphug:

I missed something else, what's BBL stand for?

Be Back Later...

Ha...I thought that too at first, and I am pretty computer literate, so stop beating yourself up!

I got it wrong, the game is tonight. I hope the weather holds out for them.

They SHOULD be okay. *crosses fingers* If it's a light rain, they'll probably just play through it and that's what most of the rain in this system has been.

Alright, I tried to catch up but you all talk to daggone much! :rotfl:

Was a good weekend at my sisters, although I spent a good bit of time helping her clean up for her church group. Can I just say I have to laziest 5 yo DN! :headache: Had to bribe, threaten, cajole and outsmart her, I'm exhausted. :rotfl: The 8yo did what she was asked for the most part but did whine a whole lot. Ended up having to pay them to help clean up their messes. :sad2:

I have to say the 5yo is too funny. I started telling my sister about going to the Disney store on Earth Day and she pipes up and says, "Earth Day, that was on the 22nd" :eek:

The next day we are watching FoodTv and someone was slicing cucumbers and she said "I like cucumbers, I even had them on a sandwhich with some cream stuff. I haven't had them in a while though, I had them for Mommy Daughter Tea. That was on the furtyith, that was fursday":rotfl:

Dinner tonight will be some kind of chicken, roasted butternut squash and some sort of starch.

I knew this was coming....:rotfl2: We had refried beans yesterday and without giving TMI, I'm not sure I could be in the same house with my guys after two beany meals.:scared:

I was waiting for it also. :rotfl2:

Hey Y'all, Checking in & following Sgt Kat's orders! :laughing: Kat thanks for much for taking care of the thread & for everything else you do for us! :goodvibes I'm still reading back over the 11 pages:eek: I'm missed over the weekend. I'll be back in a bit.:goodvibes

I am right there with you. It has taken me 2 hours to read back from the weekend. I will try to not let that happen again. :rotfl:

:guilty: I came in fast this morning and posted and hadn't even read back and I posted after you told us not to Kathy. Sorry.

I took notes so I will try to catch everything I wanted to. Here goes:

Laura ~ That is great news about Greg. Jay (our SIL) just got home frm 2 1/2 weeks in California with major training in combat. He will be home till the 12th and then goes to Ft. Stewart in GA and will deploy to Iraq from there. There is a big military sendoff here in our town on Tuesday then a large one in Kearney and we will say our good byes from there. He is to be gone at least a year. My heart is just breaking this week. Much love to these young Men and Women.

Bethany ~ hang in there sweetie it won't be much longer. I will be glad to see you out of the school and your Apt.

Kathy ~ I was with you on Dunkart. Doug and I were able to place a bet on the Derby on Saturday and I boxed him along with #15 & #16. Too bad about I Want Revenge. The odds were sure with him. About Kyle - no apology neeed. You can tell us when YOU want to. I had a friend today with a sweatshirt that said, "Lord make my words today sweet as honey, because tomorrow I might have to eat them." That is so me. :rotfl:

Janice ~ I want details about the date. How'd it go?

Becky ~ A new frig has to be the best. I have never gotten a new stove or Frig. Always a hand me down. I was just about to bite the bullet when my Momma passed away so I got hers. They were brand new, so I won't be getting anything new for awhile.

Lauren ~ I LOVED the pictures. I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures so I am impressed. My favorite was the one of Tom in the basket and your Mom with the egg in her mouth. Too cute!!

Vicki ~ Good job to your lad on the report card. I just don't see a thing wrong for being chatty! I will keep you in my prayers on May 26th.

Sheryl ~ How is Angelina feeling? I hope the vacation isn't to much for her. When does she start here new job?

Ann ~ thanks for the welcome - I feel right at home here. You are all the best part of my day. Keeping caught up is a real trick though. I just have to say - I love the name you have picked for Emma. That was my blessed Grandma's name. She was such a neat woman. Sorry, I just had to share.
I hope you all are feeling better.

Glynis ~ good job Jacob. Way to go!!

Gretchen ~ I am so excited about your trip coming up. Have a great time. Continued prayers for your Daddy.

Robin ~ Aren't parents the best!!! We try to spoil our kids too. Life is just to short not to. You certainly can't take it with you. I will be broke my whole life, but we WILL be happy.

Marisa ~ congrats on the new house. You must be thrilled. And the weight loss. You go girl:cool1: :yay:!!

Nancy ~ I am glad you are getting some Kady time. This Nanny (grandma) totally understands. ;)

Merle ~ those little ones keep you on your toes huh? Welcome back - glad you had a good weekend.

Okay that is all I can remember. I am sorry if I missed someone. I will get 'ch on the flip side. :rotfl2:

I will try to be back later.

If you all missed it - because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley) - WFDT is going to be a subway sandwich. I am on my own tonight as Doug is playing Golf.

:guilty: I came in fast this morning and posted and hadn't even read back and I posted after you told us not to Kathy. Sorry.

because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley)

You have been a very bad girl.;)

:laughing: At least your's was just a computer thingy, mine problem is just very slow thought processes... see below!

sheryl...be back later...;)

:confused3 I could not figure out why Lauren was telling just me that she'd be back later. :upsidedow

I know that base! :goodvibes That is cool you got to see the planes.

I hope the weather improves some for her. It rained all day yesterday and this morning, but at least right now the sun is shining through the clouds and it's not raining. I love Stomp. :goodvibes I have a DVD of them and I went to their once.

I KNOW I will feel better when I get out of this apartment and this job. The rain is not helping the mold any; at least one of my windowsills was absorbing water yesterday - it was wet to the touch inside and the window was closed. :scared: That ceiling they fixed at work also was moldy; I could smell it after they scraped it off - and LEFT THE DUST AND PAINT CHIPS EVERYWHERE. :mad:
Be Back Later...[/QUOTE]

And I didn't figure it out until Bethany said it too! :rotfl2:

Bethany, That school is filled with a bunch of coo-yons! ;)

Ha...I thought that too at first, and I am pretty computer literate, so stop beating yourself up!

They SHOULD be okay. *crosses fingers* If it's a light rain, they'll probably just play through it and that's what most of the rain in this system has been.

If I opened the windows here today, I'd just let in a bunch of damp damp heat! :laughing:

I hope you are right and the game isn't a total wash out! They were both so excited about it.

Alright, I tried to catch up but you all talk to daggone much! :rotfl:

Was a good weekend at my sisters, although I spent a good bit of time helping her clean up for her church group. Can I just say I have to laziest 5 yo DN! :headache: Had to bribe, threaten, cajole and outsmart her, I'm exhausted. :rotfl: The 8yo did what she was asked for the most part but did whine a whole lot. Ended up having to pay them to help clean up their messes. :sad2:

I have to say the 5yo is too funny. I started telling my sister about going to the Disney store on Earth Day and she pipes up and says, "Earth Day, that was on the 22nd" :eek:

The next day we are watching FoodTv and someone was slicing cucumbers and she said "I like cucumbers, I even had them on a sandwhich with some cream stuff. I haven't had them in a while though, I had them for Mommy Daughter Tea. That was on the furtyith, that was fursday":rotfl:

Dinner tonight will be some kind of chicken, roasted butternut squash and some sort of starch.

Yes I do talk too much!;)

I'm glad you had a fun weekend, even though you were cleaning! Your niece's sound a lot like Alexis. I tell her to pick up & she whines about it. But then she'll offer to dust or mop :sad2: and ask how much am I going to pay her for it! She wanted $10 just for dusting one day! She also still mispronouces just a few words like " Nana bemember yesterday when..." I know I should be correcting her but it's too cute.

I am right there with you. It has taken me 2 hours to read back from the weekend. I will try to not let that happen again. :rotfl:
Sheryl ~ How is Angelina feeling? I hope the vacation isn't to much for her. When does she start here new job?

Okay that is all I can remember. I am sorry if I missed someone. I will get 'ch on the flip side. :rotfl2:

I will try to be back later.

If you all missed it - because I posted when I wasn't suppose to (where is that hanging my head smiley) - WFDT is going to be a subway sandwich. I am on my own tonight as Doug is playing Golf.

Ellen, I know it took me hours this morning & then I couldn't remember it all. :sad2:
Thanks for asking about Angelina, she didn't mention her back hurting. So I think she's doing okay with the walking. She said they were in a convenient location a couple of blocks off Times Square.

She didn't accept the offer, the pay was much lower than she expected. She had another meeting & discussed with the gen. manager & was hoping to hear back from them before she left, but didn't. I'm worried about it.

You have been a very bad girl.;)

:rotfl2:

Okay girls, we are heading over to my parents for dinner. They miss their little guy and actually he has been good all day. We are just about to leave, update you all later on what DM prepared.

Last week, I never posted one night she made me roast leg of lamb, carrots, broccoli, cresent rolls and red bliss mashed with homemade gravy....It was heavenly!!!

Sherly, sorry to hear Angelina did not get the offer she was hoping for. Continued prayers on her job search.

Becky, I thought that Mint Julep looked mighty tasty! I'm not a big fan of bourbon, but I do like good Mint Juleps.

I was really disappointed. It was a pretty drink!

I'm sorry to hear about Angelina. I hope something comes for her soon.

I still have not figured out dinner!

Nice new house, thanks Kat!

I lost what I was going to say when I followed the link:confused3

WFD ~ I don't know I'm alone tonight.

Hi all! The date didn't go yet. He had some unexpected things come up plus he had to work. I wasn't feeling the best but I would have dragged myself together if necessary. I was grateful he didn't have to see me at my worst.:scared1: I don't want to scare the poor man away so soon :rotfl2:

Anyway thanks all for your concern it was just that oh so special time.It seems to be getting worse as I get younger ;) I refuse to get older

Not sure yet WFD I'll be back when I figure that out.

Sheryl - I'm so sorry to hear about the job not panning out for A.:hug:

Janice - Glad to see you back. Hopefully the date will happen when you're feeling better.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!