The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

PIO - not to beliddle you but 5.2 is a piece of cake, it needs to be over 6 to turn heads!:lmao:

I know, right? :rotfl: 2 days of discussion in Melbourne because it is so rare. And I've been in San Francisco during a 7.2 (epicenter was way north of the Bay Area). It barely shook the building, lasted less than 10 seconds and barely rated a mention. :confused3

That's what we've been looking into, and we would have to pay for it. She barely makes enough money to buy groceries and pay for car insurance. She said that she would wear the pendant.

Now we just have to hope that she still has her wits about her enough to know to push the button if something happens. Fran's father laid on the ground for 3 hours until we went over and checked on him after he didn't answer the phone.

That is a problem. A friend of ours did the same thing. He panicked and laid on the ice for hours. :sad2: It really is too bad that she was not able to find assisted living housing that was affordable.

Well dinner was good last night. It was so hot that a light meal made good sense. Today is going to be hot but not as bad. We are supposed to get hit with very heavy weather so I want to figure out a meal that does not rely on the grill but will not heat the house up. I may pick up a rotisserie chicken.

Marisa, Kady and I are heading out early tomorrow morning to visit my niece Debbie. Buddy will be on his own for meals so I better get some sandwich meat to hold him over. He is going to the Waterford Speedway tomorrow night with Dan and Erica so I think he will get dinner there. Sunday he will be helping Dan plant a hedgerow so Erica will make sure he gets a meal.

thanks everyone for the kind comments about the menu. As you all know I have to plan or we would not eat! or we would eat junk food all the time.

Tonight is grilled pork chops and corn on the cob.

Good morning all,

Nan ~ Safe travels. Have a good time.
I love my crockpot on days that I don't want to heat my house up. If you need some good recipes - I have a few.;) :lmao:

Alison ~ Prayers continue. :hug: I agree a lifeline would be great, but I hear ya on the "would she know to push it if she needed to". Bless your heart, it is so hard to sit back and see things like this happen.

It is nice out this morning, but tomorrow it is supposed to be back in the high 90's maybe even into the 100's.

Tonight is the Toby Keith concert. I can't wait. I have looked forward to this all week. I have my red solo cup ready.

As soon as the concert is over we are heading to Lincoln (unless we are just too pooped). Doug, Marty and Matthew are playing in a Golf Benefit for a cousin of Marty's. She is battling cancer and there is a huge benefit with golf, auction and dinner tomorrow. I sure hope they can help this family. She is only 32 and a mother of 2 small children. So sad. Stephanie, Lilly and I are cleaning - I mean DEEP cleaning Matthew's apartment. His filthy, scuzzy, good for nothing roomate finally moved out. We can't wait to get in there and get it cleaned up. Tomorrow night we will all go to the dinner and some fun after.

Sunday is Ethan's 8th birthday. WOW, how did that happen. I can't believe he is 8 already. So we have to be home early because his party and dinner is at 6. We got him a new scooter with sparks. Cool!!

So as you can see I have another busy weekend that will again go way to fast and I will be back to work on Monday before I know it. But in the mean time I am going to have a ball.

WFDT ~ Subway sandwiches on the way to the concert.

Make it a great weekend everybody!!!

I know, right? :rotfl: 2 days of discussion in Melbourne because it is so rare. And I've been in San Francisco during a 7.2 (epicenter was way north of the Bay Area). It barely shook the building, lasted less than 10 seconds and barely rated a mention. :confused3

Which one was that? The only one I remember that big was the Loma Prieta and that one the epicenter was South. I was in Northridge for the 6.9 and that sucked!

That is a problem. A friend of ours did the same thing. He panicked and laid on the ice for hours. :sad2: It really is too bad that she was not able to find assisted living housing that was affordable.

Sunday he will be helping Dan plant a hedgerow so Erica will make sure he gets a meal.

The problem is she won't consider assisted living. Thinks she is invincible, and not old enough for that.

So what is a hedgerow? :confused3. My only experience with that word is "if there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now....". :rotfl2:

Fran- a hedgrow is a row of hedges :lmao: Dan is planting a row of arborvitaes where his fence was. I hate them, Buddy planted one between our yard and the neighbor in back of us and it always looks shabby. He hates fences, I love them!

I know your friend wants to be independent but I hope that her refusal to believe her own reality does not knock you sox off.

Ellen- have a great time at the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fill that cup for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRandi- I used to be so good about planning meals but not for a while now :sad2:

I swear this will never end! Crazy busy here and no end in sight. I usually like my summer because it is a lot less crazy but not this one. :sad2: I so cannot wait for vacation. :cheer2:

Good morning all,

Nan ~ Safe travels. Have a good time.
I love my crockpot on days that I don't want to heat my house up. If you need some good recipes - I have a few.;) :lmao:

Alison ~ Prayers continue. :hug: I agree a lifeline would be great, but I hear ya on the "would she know to push it if she needed to". Bless your heart, it is so hard to sit back and see things like this happen.

It is nice out this morning, but tomorrow it is supposed to be back in the high 90's maybe even into the 100's.

Tonight is the Toby Keith concert. I can't wait. I have looked forward to this all week. I have my red solo cup ready.

As soon as the concert is over we are heading to Lincoln (unless we are just too pooped). Doug, Marty and Matthew are playing in a Golf Benefit for a cousin of Marty's. She is battling cancer and there is a huge benefit with golf, auction and dinner tomorrow. I sure hope they can help this family. She is only 32 and a mother of 2 small children. So sad. Stephanie, Lilly and I are cleaning - I mean DEEP cleaning Matthew's apartment. His filthy, scuzzy, good for nothing roomate finally moved out. We can't wait to get in there and get it cleaned up. Tomorrow night we will all go to the dinner and some fun after.

Sunday is Ethan's 8th birthday. WOW, how did that happen. I can't believe he is 8 already. So we have to be home early because his party and dinner is at 6. We got him a new scooter with sparks. Cool!!

So as you can see I have another busy weekend that will again go way to fast and I will be back to work on Monday before I know it. But in the mean time I am going to have a ball.

WFDT ~ Subway sandwiches on the way to the concert.

Make it a great weekend everybody!!!

Your weekend sounds very busy and emotional. Hugs to you and the family... I am sure that the concert will be great! Post some pics if you get a chance!

I swear this will never end! Crazy busy here and no end in sight. I usually like my summer because it is a lot less crazy but not this one. :sad2: I so cannot wait for vacation. :cheer2:

Sorry your Summer has not started out great for you, and I can't wait for vacation either, but mine is not until fall.....

This weeks menu has been planned ....

Last night we ended up eating leftovers out fo the fridge, I have to tell you that the enchilada's I made were so freaking good....

David and I just can't get enough.

The Artichoke and Spinach Lasagna surprised both of us with how good it was. I never thought David would go for it, but he asked for it again.

So tonight we are going to have the pork chops and corn on the cob...
Sunday - Szechuan Beef and Broccoli, fried rice and egg drop soup
Monday - Zucchini Noodles in a Thai Peanut Sauce
Tuesday - Sour Cream Chicken Paprika, stir fry cabbage
Wednesday - Burgers and Fries
Thursday - Brisket Tacos
Friday - steak, potato, and salad wedge

I think tonight we'll make a crispy chicken dinner with wilted spinach and fingerling potatoes.It's gonna be yummy...:goodvibes:thumbsup2:love:

It's Sunday morning I'm having a lazy morning. DH and I were debating going out for breakfast this morning...and he was keen to head to the local cafe for breakfast. It might still happen.

WFDT? I've pulled some flathead tails out of the freezer. I think we might have home made fish and chips for dinner tonight.

tonight is Shrimp Po'Boy.... We had it last weekend and David enjoyed it so much we are having it again...

Oh well, if it makes him happy!

Dinner tonight will be one of two things. If our travels today jeep us out too late for me to cook, we'll have Shabu shabu for dinner. If we're back home in time in going to make a chicken with garlic that I saw on Food Network the other day. Whatever we don't have tonight will be tomorrow night's dinner.

This weeks menu has been planned ....

Last night we ended up eating leftovers out fo the fridge, I have to tell you that the enchilada's I made were so freaking good....

David and I just can't get enough.

The Artichoke and Spinach Lasagna surprised both of us with how good it was. I never thought David would go for it, but he asked for it again.

So tonight we are going to have the pork chops and corn on the cob...
Sunday - Szechuan Beef and Broccoli, fried rice and egg drop soup
Monday - Zucchini Noodles in a Thai Peanut Sauce
Tuesday - Sour Cream Chicken Paprika, stir fry cabbage
Wednesday - Burgers and Fries
Thursday - Brisket Tacos
Friday - steak, potato, and salad wedge

I wish I could be as organized as you are with menu's, and as yummy sounding.

Had a pretty fun day yesterday. Did some work for a little bit then helped give out cupcakes at a city birthday celebration. 600 cupcakes gone in less than 20 minutes. :cheer2: Afterwards we have dinner and drinks at a local restaurant on the patio and listened to the bands play at the celebration.

Today was spent cleaning, doing laundry and getting things together for my trip. Will pack tomorrow night and get my van ready for the trip, hope to have everything done so I don't have to worry about anything but getting work done the rest of the week. And hope to have all that done by Thursday so Friday can be "clean my messy office" day.

Dinner tonight will be fried noodles. DS is on school holidays at the moment. I'm busy trying to make sure that he doesn't spend all his time in front of a screen. So, I'm dragging him out of the house for "excursions". Today was ScienceWorks museum. I think he almost had as much fun as me. :goodvibes

I think tonight we'll make a crispy chicken dinner with wilted spinach and fingerling potatoes.It's gonna be yummy...:goodvibes:thumbsup2:love:

Welcome!! Your dinner sounds so good.

Brandi ~ I got no pictures - my phone died. The concert was in a rain delay for 2 1/2 hours. We were soaked to the bone. But we were troopers and stuck it out. He played till 1:30 am. It was awesome!!!

PIO ~ enjoy DS vacation. Sounds like a good time.

Merle ~ Safe travels and I hope you get everything done.

Alison ~ so what did you decide for dinner? The Chicken sounds amazing.....please share.

Nan ~ I filled my cup.....and your cup......and everyones cup. ;) :lmao: :rolleyes1 Good times!! :upsidedow

Doug and I are both just pooped this morning. We had a GREAT weekend and yes it went to fast but man we are tired. I worked my fanny off!! But his apartment looks and smells SOOOOOO much better.

We raised over $9000.00 for Karen & Justin. WooHoo!! It was a complete success.

We were a bit late for Ethan's Birthday party, but the good thing is that by the time we got there the "EVIL" MIL was leaving. Jay's Mom is a real number!!! I really can't stand her. There aren't too many people on this planet that I don't like. But she is one of them. I just hate the way she treats my daughter. But bless Elizabeth's heart she puts up with her because even so she is the boys Grandmother and she does love them. Even if it is a really strange way. But Elizabeth stands her ground and that really p***es her off. Ok rant over sorry****************!!!

Anyway, we had a really nice evening with them.

I had to come to work to rest!! We are getting ready for our Church Garage Sale that will be on Saturday. This is the BIG fundraiser for the Panama Mission Trip so of course I am in charge. A really busy week!!

WFDT ~ Tuna salad sandwiches, chips and watermelon.

Make it a great day!!

I wish I could be as organized as you are with menu's, and as yummy sounding.

Had a pretty fun day yesterday. Did some work for a little bit then helped give out cupcakes at a city birthday celebration. 600 cupcakes gone in less than 20 minutes. :cheer2: Afterwards we have dinner and drinks at a local restaurant on the patio and listened to the bands play at the celebration.

Today was spent cleaning, doing laundry and getting things together for my trip. Will pack tomorrow night and get my van ready for the trip, hope to have everything done so I don't have to worry about anything but getting work done the rest of the week. And hope to have all that done by Thursday so Friday can be "clean my messy office" day.

600 Cupcakes in 20 minutes is pretty awesome! I am impressed...

I think I told you guys, that I get my meat every 6 months, so I try to have one dish, with chicken, pork, beef, turkey, meatless, seafood and venison

I also try to vary to ethnicity, Italian, Mexican, Asian, American, Southern.... It helps me build the menus...

plus you guys inspire me with what you make, so it is something to try and see if you can stick to it, it has cut my grocery bill down a lot.

Welcome!! Your dinner sounds so good.

Brandi ~ I got no pictures - my phone died. The concert was in a rain delay for 2 1/2 hours. We were soaked to the bone. But we were troopers and stuck it out. He played till 1:30 am. It was awesome!!!

PIO ~ enjoy DS vacation. Sounds like a good time.

Merle ~ Safe travels and I hope you get everything done.

Alison ~ so what did you decide for dinner? The Chicken sounds amazing.....please share.

Nan ~ I filled my cup.....and your cup......and everyones cup. ;) :lmao: :rolleyes1 Good times!! :upsidedow

Doug and I are both just pooped this morning. We had a GREAT weekend and yes it went to fast but man we are tired. I worked my fanny off!! But his apartment looks and smells SOOOOOO much better.

We raised over $9000.00 for Karen & Justin. WooHoo!! It was a complete success.

We were a bit late for Ethan's Birthday party, but the good thing is that by the time we got there the "EVIL" MIL was leaving. Jay's Mom is a real number!!! I really can't stand her. There aren't too many people on this planet that I don't like. But she is one of them. I just hate the way she treats my daughter. But bless Elizabeth's heart she puts up with her because even so she is the boys Grandmother and she does love them. Even if it is a really strange way. But Elizabeth stands her ground and that really p***es her off. Ok rant over sorry****************!!!

Anyway, we had a really nice evening with them.

I had to come to work to rest!! We are getting ready for our Church Garage Sale that will be on Saturday. This is the BIG fundraiser for the Panama Mission Trip so of course I am in charge. A really busy week!!

WFDT ~ Tuna salad sandwiches, chips and watermelon.

Make it a great day!!

Oh I am so glad you enjoyed the concert, even if you were soaked to the bone!

Congrats to your Daughter, I hope so continues the trend...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter