The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

I am asking for prayers too. I just heard from the Dr. There is something showing on Buddy's spine. The Dr is trying to get an MRI with contrast ordered stat but I guess that this needs to be authorized. She is referring him to a neurosurgeon to check the stenosis on the spine. I confess that I am not following all of this now but I understand that she is concerned that the thing that is showing is a mass. Please pray that this is just an inflamed nerve.

Prayers please...Johnny's blood pressure is 200/110, he started on a new bp med this week, hoping that's the cause, heading to the dr.

I am asking for prayers too. I just heard from the Dr. There is something showing on Buddy's spine. The Dr is trying to get an MRI with contrast ordered stat but I guess that this needs to be authorized. She is referring him to a neurosurgeon to check the stenosis on the spine. I confess that I am not following all of this now but I understand that she is concerned that the thing that is showing is a mass. Please pray that this is just an inflamed nerve.

Prayers for both of the men in your life :flower3:

Sending tons of prayers for Buddy, Alexis, and Johnny. Thinking of you all.

We need some good news on here lately.

Kathy, what BP med did they put him on??? Is he on any kind of Calcium channel blocker??

All is well, Johnny misunderstood how he was supposed to be taking the two meds together and that is probably causing the fluctuation in his bp daily. We'll be monitoring it daily and he has to go back on friday.

Now let's hope we get good news on Buddy. Nan, please know my prayers are with you and update when you can.:hug:

:hug: For everyone today!

Busy day here again and I think I am getting a cold. I had thought it might be from the pepper flakes last night but it is still hanging around! :headache:

Have to go run errands, be back later to tell you all about my REALLY spicy shrimp and blowing out my sinus'. :rotfl:

Ann--I was thinking the same thing--where is the silver lining with all these clouds hanging around

Kathy--Prayers for Johnny! Hope they get his bp under control quickly. Also curious what BP med he's on.

Nan--prayers for Buddy that the Vit A works a miracle and that the scan shows nothing more than an inflammed nerve

Sheryl--that's great news that Alexis is getting to go home! No more hospital visits for that sweetie!

Sitting here alone with the kids. DH just got home from work for the night, and his pager went off for an emergency house call!!! :headache: He has to go to Newport which is about a 45 minute ride each way. Our night is shot, and dinner is sitting here getting cold. How is it someone does not realize their oxygen machine is broken and they have no back up tanks at 5:05 when the shop closes at 5:00???? Darn people if I was on oxygen I would sure as heck make sure I had full back-up tanks in case my oxygen machine failed!!! ... DH just called people made him drive all the way there because the machine was not plugged in. MORONS!!!

Ann Some people only think about themselves :hug:

Nancy hopefully the "spot" is just a spot and nothing serious. :hug:

Kathy I remember when ex started on BP pills it brought his BP down so far he would pass out. He didn't want to press his dr until I made him. I really dislike drs who think they have all the answers.

Remind me not to try to make dinner when you didn't get more than 3 hours sleep. :rolleyes1 I had to redo the pasta since it got all clumped together.

Did anyone watch Hell's kitchen last night? I am soo glad the woman is gone. Something about her made me want to scream.

Prayers please...Johnny's blood pressure is 200/110, he started on a new bp med this week, hoping that's the cause, heading to the dr.

So glad it was just a medication error. Whewwww

Nancy, praying it is just a inflamed nerve for Buddy. I will give you a ring tomorrow.
How is Buddy taking the news?:hug:
I'm here if you need anything.

Steph & Ann - Johnny was taking Tarka 2 mg and did well on that for a few years. He was instructed to add 20mg of Coreg to the Tarka daily which he didn't do he just subbed the Coreg for the Tarka, why I have no clue.:confused3 Any info/ suggestions you guys have is appreciated.:grouphug:

DH is on Bisoprolol 10mg once a day, Lisinopril 20mg twice a day, and now a calcium channel blocker (Amlodipine Besylate 5mg) once a day. The addition calcium really seemed to be the thing that made the difference last time. My SIL's DSis runs a caridiology floor she suggested the calcium blocker to us the same day Ron's doctor added it. We also were told eating a banana a day helps by our WFD friends.

Having him watch it, DH still is.

I have GREAT news!!! They are going to let her out of here sometime today!!!!:hippie::lmao::worship::yay: (alexis chose the smilies)

:yay: Oh Sheryl Im so happy for youse all.

I am asking for prayers too.

Love and good vibes ower the water to you.:hug:

Busy day here again and I think I am getting a cold. I had thought it might be from the pepper flakes last night but it is still hanging around! :headache:

Have to go run errands, be back later to tell you all about my REALLY spicy shrimp and blowing out my sinus'. :rotfl:

Hope its not a cold sweetie,spicy shrimp and a hot toddy for youse.

Sitting here alone with the kids. DH just got home from work for the night, and his pager went off for an emergency house call!!! :headache: He has to go to Newport which is about a 45 minute ride each way. Our night is shot, and dinner is sitting here getting cold. How is it someone does not realize their oxygen machine is broken and they have no back up tanks at 5:05 when the shop closes at 5:00???? Darn people if I was on oxygen I would sure as heck make sure I had full back-up tanks in case my oxygen machine failed!!! ... DH just called people made him drive all the way there because the machine was not plugged in. MORONS!!!

Thats is lassie...let it out !!

Im sorry your night was ruined by some ones stupidity,we have a word for people like that...Numpties...I think it fits.

Time is fair flyin in.

I got my holiday hair do today,cut n colour $ 100.

Shaved ma legs and bleached ma tache so Im good to go !! :laughing:

I am sooo excited today,I was a total waste of space at work today so I cant even imagine what tomorrow will bring !! :laughing:

Numpties[/B]...I think it fits.
I got my holiday hair do today,cut n colour $ 100.

Shaved ma legs and bleached ma tache so Im good to go !! :laughing:

I am sooo excited today,I was a total waste of space at work today so I cant even imagine what tomorrow will bring !! :laughing:

Vicki,
I love that word... NUMPTIES!!!! :rotfl:

You crack me up :lmao:

Have a wonderful trip with your dear family and WFD friends! Safe travels my friend!!

F & W lassies - Cali Grill is 6.30 right ?

Do I need a bookin name ?

Is the boy ok in dress shorts ?

I think I counted 7 other WFD girls,is this right ?

I might manage to meet youse for cocktales before,where are youse meeting ?

Oh and 1 last Q...have I ever told you DH's name ?

If not its Colin !! :rotfl2:

F & W lassies - Cali Grill is 6.30 right ?

Do I need a bookin name ?

Is the boy ok in dress shorts ?

I think I counted 7 other WFD girls,is this right ?

I might manage to meet youse for cocktales before,where are youse meeting ?

Oh and 1 last Q...have I ever told you DH's name ?

If not its Colin !! :rotfl2:

Take a breath woman! I had to read this a couple of times :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!