The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by earthfaries, Dec 3, 2008.

1. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Just a reminder that town names could cover a very large area. There are many parts of Kissimmee that are very nice. Yes there are some areas I wouldn't want to live but others are very nice.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Thanks :goodvibes Maybe one day ~ it's always an option ;) I think if I lived in a nice place in Canada I wouldn't be moving to the states :laughing: Plus, like you said, you have a nice life there ~ here we have a nice life too, but we've been wanting to leave for years so there is no reason not to for us.

Hi :) We are really interested in Davenport, which is about 15 min. from AK. It is also touristy but not quite as much I think.
    Thanks for the support ~ you know, whatever we've done here we will do there. There is quite a good income in childcare I can tell you. We've been supporting ourselves and our vacations, new van and nice home...lots of toys and video games, etc. from it. We really enjoy what we do and we are really good at it. I really have no doubt at all we will find what we need when we arrive :goodvibes
    We don't have any debt~just a little left to pay on the van and we do have money saved so it will be fine. Maybe one of these days you will choose to move to Orlando , I can totally see that happening as much as you and the kids love WDW!

Thanks for that. It's true I know. It's just hard not being able to drive there and look around myself :laughing:

4. safetymom

I didn't do a lot of research before I moved here. I did drive around a lot of neighborhoods but seeing all the orange groves and cows grazing helped make my mind out.

5 years later the area I chose has been great. I came down for a long weekend and looked at 30 homes. I bought home number 25 and I love it.

5. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Sometimes I think too much research is not a good idea :laughing: I'm going with my gut here and I really want to go for this home. It seems like a nice area in comparison to others in Orlanod.
    It sounds nice. I'm so glad you like your area. Home 25 out of 30 huh? That's a lot of homes to tour in a long weekend! Were you getting worried towards the end there? Glad you found a great one!

6. grammynelliebelle

grammynelliebelle DIS Veteran

Safetymom, If I may ask, what area did you decide on. Hope you don't mind my question Earthfaries. Grammy

7. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

I don't mind the question at all ~ actually it would be nice to have more questions! I think we could all learn a lot more if we heard more from people living in these different areas:goodvibes

Anyone living in Fl. or who has lived in Fl. please post your experiences!

Also, everyone feel free to ask questions here ~ the more the better!

8. safetymom

I moved to the Davenport area.

9. lucas

lucas °o°

10. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

I've been spending quite a lot of time on that site the past month or so :laughing:

Thanks for posting the link ~ I've really found out a lot about Orlando and the surrounding areas there.

11. grammynelliebelle

grammynelliebelle DIS Veteran

I really like the Davenport area as well. Close enough to the parks but a little more laid back. When we were there this fall we went to the new shopping area that has the Target. It seemed like a nice family area. Grammy

12. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I will have to check out this Davenport area everyone keeps raving about ;)

13. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

That's good to hear! Are you talking about the Posner (is that the right name?) shopping center? I've heard about that.

Yeah, I can't believe I've never been anywhere in Orlando besides WDW, 192 and International area. Last year we drove to Orange Blossom Trail to check out a goodwill but didn't have a good experience :(

Anyway, Davenport seems to be really nice :goodvibes

14. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Well I talked to the realtor who is handling the townhome. She called today. I did find out the swimming complex which we thought we could use has a fee ~ even if you are staying at the resort and paying $170.00 a night you have to pay it :confused: It's dumb. Anyway, it's like $10.00 a day per home or something...did I say how dumb that is yet? :rotfl:

I'm negotiating the price because of these things and the fact that there is a cap on the amount of utilities the owner pays :(

If I don't get the deal I want I won't rent it. Nick is sending me some more listings tonight , just in case.

I will keep you posted ~ it's such an important thing finding the right house!!!

Only 24 days left! Wow, this is stressful ~ I can't wait until we've moved and can just spend a few weeks enjoying Orlando and Florida:cloud9:

15. missj1975

missj1975 DIS Veteran

Hello Earthfaries. I just finished reading your last trip report and this thread. Great report. I am so excited for you.

I can't wait to read more about your move to Florida. I briefly thought about moving to Florida but I have too many family members that I would miss too much so I am just content to visit Florida two or three times a year.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck and safe travels.

16. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Hi there :goodvibes

Thanks for reading ~ glad you're enjoying it :)

I'm going to really miss my family too ~ my mom and dad :( They will be coming too though. It may take them a year or so, but they'll come:laughing:

You're lucky you get to go two or three times a year!!!

17. bettyann29

bettyann29 <font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..

checking back in to see how things are going.. Wow.. 24 days?? I bet its all flying by for you..

Im enjoying reading about your adventure.. keep it coming..

also.. Id be interested if you would keep this going even after you get to Florida.. Id love to hear how things pan out for you and how much you are enjoying it once you are there.. I sooo want to move to Florida one day but am scared that it'll be all hyped up for me and when I get there it wont be so grand..

18. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

It is flying by! There is hardly enough time to get everything done!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying the moving report. I have always planned on keeping it going, just because I would love to hear how it went after the move if I were reading about a move:laughing:

I will take some pics of our house and the area and just do updates on what we're doing and how we're liking it and how Fl. life is for us.

Thanks again for reading!

19. MAKmom

MAKmom <marquee><font color=peach>*Caution* thinks all p

How did you make the Hearts in the title ???:confused3

20. trip

trip family trip planner

Were you at Woomera? We had orders for there once - but the powers that be changed our orders and we ended up at the Pentagon.

21. wdwislv

wdwislv disney FrEaK