1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by earthfaries, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ChevyNat

ChevyNat DIS Veteran

Hi again,
    It's been so long since I've been on the Board... it's wonderful to see all your adventures and beautiful pictures. You have a beautiful place, you have to give me your secret so I can do the same ha! ha! But I don't think I could afford it on my own :confused: . Hope to read some more and see more pics... it's giving me the itch to go back...
    Have a great week!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. luvsmickeymouse

luvsmickeymouse Opt to Adopt!

I feel the same way! You are following your dreams! I always feel good after I read your thread! Please don't close it.

4. piglet50

piglet50 DIS Veteran

i've been checking back for updates and saw that you might close your thread. i hope not. i've really enjoyed your pictures and hearing about all you've been able to do. you truly are living your dream it seems like. i hope you'll keep sharing with us who are still just dreaming. if not, thanks for the great reports.

5. kaysmommie

kaysmommie DIS Veteran

Hi Amy,
    Hoping you don't close your trippie. I love seeing all the fun things there is to do in Florida and reading all about your lives in FL. Sometimes I forget to respond but I do read each time you update. Also did you say you unschool your kids? I have been looking at HS again :rolleyes1 just feel like DD's school is more like a prison these days. If I want to pick her up early (lets say they just have specials and recess left) they give me grief and want a Dr's note ect. Just seems everything is about the might $$$. Which is so annoying since DD does awesome on her testing and gets staight A's. She is really opposed to be being HSed though.

6. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

I enjoy your thread.
    I get to go to Epcot next week and I can't wait to take lots of time looking at all the flowers.
    Did you notice if the artist was there, selling his paintings again.
    I was mad at myself, for not buying a print 2 years ago
    and I am hoping he is allowed to be there again.

He sits at the entrance of WS.

7. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

That is so exciting! It really is wonderful ~ even more so than you imagine!!!

I'm crossing my fingers for you :goodvibes

Thanks for reading along and I'll post an update asap :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

I'm really amazed about the house too ~ I see all these other houses in the area going for so much...we just lucked out because the owner couldn't sell because of the market and was desperate for some income!!!! Lucky us! I just hope he wants to renew our lease when the time comes!!!

Oh thank you :hug: Congrats on taking that first big step ~ it really is hard!!! But boy does it feel good ;)

8. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

I will ~ thanks for your support :hug:

Thanks so much for your support ~ I will continue as long as there are readers :goodvibes

You're welcome :) I will post an update soon ~ sorry to keep you all waiting! Thanks for your support:hug:

Okay!! Thanks for your support :goodvibes

Thank you for your support ~ I will :goodvibes

Hi!!! Your DH (and all of you) would love it :wizard: Thanks so much for coming over !!

Hi! Thanks so much :) It's so good to talk to you :hug:

Okay ~ thanks for your support, it means a lot to me :goodvibes I'll post an update very soon :thumbsup2

Thank you for joining in on the adventure ~ I will continue the report ~ it seems there are lots of my DIS friends reading along and enjoying it :goodvibes

Hi! How are you? I'm going to keep it open ~ thanks for your support :hug:
    Yes, we unschool, or homeschool.
    I know, I've heard lots of horror stories...if you're really considering HS again, just talk to your DD and explain all the benefits ~ she can still do lots of fun activities with friends ~
    Good luck with everything!

Thanks so much :)
    I haven't been to enjoy the festival yet :guilty: Going this week :) Hope you had a great time!

9. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Just a quick post to let you all know an update will be coming soon! Thanks :)

10. luvsmickeymouse

luvsmickeymouse Opt to Adopt!

YAY! I love this thread! :cheer2:

I 'll be waiting! :surfweb:

11. Minnie824

Minnie824 DIS Veteran

Just waiting for an update....

12. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

13. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

We were 10 miles from WDW and it felt like only a mile.
    I bettin it feels the same way for you.
    We had great weather last week, and the crowds were gone.

14. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Soon ~ I promise :)

Coming soon...

It does actually! It's a nice , easy quick drive from here to there ~ just a few miles to I-4 ~ on I-4 for a few minutes and right into WDW :cloud9:

I'm so glad you had a great time and crowds were gone!!!! On Monday I went to Epcot even though it was supposed to be level 9 crowds and there was hardly anyone there!

I will try and do an update by the weekend ~ my mom and dad are coming to visit for the weekend and next Thursday we are going back to Asheville for a long weekend to see friends :)

15. ChevyNat

ChevyNat DIS Veteran

You are sooo lucky. I am glad that you are enjoying yourself.
    I was wondering if you could help me! :confused3 My sister just came back from a cruise, she liked it, but she said that Disney World is 100 times better... She is wondering, a Disney Cruise or Walt Disney World... I told her that a Cruise must be fun... but what I can afford on a Disney cruise (5 days) I could spend 2 weeks in the World... That is the question... what to do! ha! ha!

16. aces_babydoll

aces_babydoll <font color=red>I just love it!<br><font color=bro

HI!!!!!!!!!!
    We moved to Florida Jan 4th 2008. Lived in palm coast but spent alot of time in Orlando.
    We just moved to Orlando a couple months ago!
    I love it here.

17. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Hi Nat :goodvibes Cruises are wonderful!! There is nothing like them and you can't really compare them to WDW ~ too bad you can't do both!
    Could you possibly go on another cruise line besides Disney , they are wonderful too ~ then you could experience all the wonderful things a cruise has to offer and then go to WDW even if just for a week instead of two...

I'm sure the Disney cruises are extra magical, but personally I always went to WDW when I wanted Disney because there is nothing else like it ~ and when we wanted a wonderful cruise cruised on a line that we love and enjoyed the cruise aspect without the Disney.

Hi :goodvibes Welcome!!!
    How wonderful for you! I bet the Palm Coast was nice :) I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself ~ it's really great isn't it?!?
    Do you go to the parks a lot?

18. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Hello! An update is finally here :rolleyes: So sorry it's been so long. We really haven't been doing too much this past month due to Spring Break and Easter. We avoided the parks ~ all parks during those crazy weeks!

I have some pictures of Epcot from our visit last week I can share ~ and we went to MK last night for a few hours (they closed at midnight :banana: so we had a nice quiet time ) There were EMH until 3am though!!! Didn't see how crazy it was because we headed out right before 12 ~ but there were lots of people coming in.

Here are some pics from our Epcot visit ~ my son took a lot of the attraction and Figment ones ~ his fave attraction and character ;)

The Kim Possible wall in Innoventions:
    [​IMG]

We made paper in Innoventions ~ never knew that was there before :rolleyes1
    [​IMG]

Wanted to do this but it was down :(
    [​IMG]

Enjoying the lovely Florida sunshine ~
    [​IMG]

Went in the exit and played around a bit ~ our first time in there ~ still never have been on the attraction though...
    [​IMG]

First time we've seen the fountain since last year ~ it had been walled off on every visit this year ~
    [​IMG]

T on his way to his fave place ~ Did I mention he's a TEENAGER now! And he's officially taller than me and I'm 5'7 ?!?
    [​IMG]

And here we are ~
    [​IMG]

Figgy! (My nickname for him, lol)
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite things about living here is the beautiful Florida sunsets! The pink was reflecting off of SpaceShip Earth and it was just gorgeous! I tried to capture it in this pic ~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that's in for now! I will download my MK pics from last night today and do another update this week.

We've got a BUSY week so stay tuned ~ lots of updates! The crowd levels are supposed to be 5's this week so we're headed to AK, DHS and MK and Epcot the next few days. I'll take lots of pics too :)

Today we're going to go to Clearwater Beach ~ I've really been wanting to go to the ocean so we'll head over that way in a couple of hours. I will also post an update on that ~ it's our first vistit and I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Thanks for reading guys :hug:

19. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

Awesome pictures! glad you're back! :)

20. aces_babydoll

Palm coast was nice especially being that close to the beach but I am loving Orlando better.
    We go to alot of the differant parks.
    We are planning our 2 sons Birthdays at Disney world since their Birthdays are 2 weeks apart,:banana:

21. aces_babydoll

:yay:I love all the pictures!
    We need to plan a get together and hang out sometime!!!!!!!!