The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by earthfaries, Dec 3, 2008.

1. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I used to go every year, when I had a season pass. But I haven't been in a couple years. After being to DW and US so much, that park lost it's appeal. I go to other theme parks around here but tend to stay away from that one, unless my nephews want to go. They just don't know how to move lines! There's huge waits for everything because it's either overcrowded or they're short staffed. Drives me nuts.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

I bet. It's hard going to other parks after going to WDW so much ~ I keep comparing it to WDW and nothing compares :laughing:

4. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Well, it's finally here ~ tomorrow is our last day in Asheville!
    We're getting ready to take down the computer and pack it up so I thought I'd post a quick update before leaving.
    I will try and update tomorrow on our Wii and then on Fri. at the hotel in Kissimmee. After that, I'll have to do updates on our Wii until we get internet connection set up :)
    Wow, it's so exciting now that everything is packed and our good stuff is stored. The house is empty basically, except the things we're taking with us in our van and my parent's van.
    We are patching and painting now, and cleaning walls and cabinets, etc.
    Tomorrow we'll spend the day packing the van and getting ready for our drive. Then we'll go to bed early (hopefully) because I'd like to leave around 4am so we can get to Orlando by 4pm and eat at my fave place ~~~Sweet Tomatoes :lovestruc
    Then we'll go check into our hotel and swim and just enjoy ourselves after all these weeks of work, work, work and don't forget, stress, stress, stress :rotfl:
    Then we'll get up bright and early on Sat. morning and go and meet our realtor to sign the lease and get our house :woohoo: You guys know the rest...I posted the details on my last update.
    I will keep you all posted and don't go anywhere! The fun and adventure is about to start!!!!

[​IMG]

Have a great New Year's Eve and talk to you soon :)

5. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I know!! My cousin always goes to six flags and he actually worked there for a little while and he loves all the thrill rides. But he's never been to Disney! I keep telling him he has to go and while everything isn't a thrill ride, the rides at WDW are just BETTER and more enjoyable. I'll get him there someday.

Good luck with the move!!! Happy New Year!

6. luvsmickeymouse

luvsmickeymouse Opt to Adopt!

Have a safe trip. I can't wait to see you back online. Have fun!

7. bettyann29

bettyann29 <font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..

:cool1:

Cant wait to hear about your adventures once you get there.. Make sure you relax once you get there.. you guys definitely need a break!

We went to see the Manatees that someone else posted about earlier and it was really cool.. I wish I could remember the name of that place, but it escapes me right now..

8. grammynelliebelle

grammynelliebelle DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip! Grammy

9. OhioDisneyLover

OhioDisneyLover DIS Veteran

Amy,

Have a safe trip and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Sophia

10. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

So excited!!
    So excited!!

Hope all is going well and everything's just perfect!!

11. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Hope you guys arrived safe and sound. Can't wait to hear all about your new home! :)

When you get settled, I've started up my PTR again. ;-)

12. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

WELL?!! HOW IS IT? did you make it safely. what's the place like? Is it sunny? Details we need details. PLUG IN THAT COMPUTER!

13. KimmyDisneyNerd

KimmyDisneyNerd <font color=blue>Pouting for tags doesn't work<fon

Me too :yay: Wondering how the move went, and also how the babysitting job worked out.
    Hope you had a safe trip and are enjoying your new home.

14. starrzone

starrzone <font color=purple>Quirky with snack cakes<br><fon

:wizard: :3dglasses :cloud9: Hey earthfaires...hope the move went/is going well! Can't wait to hear about the journey!

15. luvsmickeymouse

I keep checking in to see how everything is going. Can't wait to hear how things are going! Hope you had a safe trip. :goodvibes

16. earthfaries

earthfaries DIS Veteran

Hi guys! We're here and LOVING it!!!
    I keep asking myself..."am I dreaming?!?" Really...am I ? :rotfl: It's so wonderful here ~ our house is incredible ~ better than I ever imagined ~ the area is so quiet and nice ~ I feel like I'm on vacation but then I keep realizing we don't have to go home in a few days :laughing:
    I still don't have the net ~ I'm working on that today and still unpacking. We've been too busy to unpack ~ can't stop having fun! I am at the library right now, only have half an hour and have do check my mail and stuff so just wanted to check in with you all and let you know we are here and everything is super.
    The drive went great although we did start out late but we made it by Sat. afternoon. Sat. night we went to Downtown Disney, boy was it crowded! We had a great time though. Sun. we went back to WDW with my mom and dad who arrived that day and toured the monorail resorts and traded pins, watched Wishes and the water parade. Yesterday we picked oranges at the Showcase of Citrus ~ it was incredible fun, I highly recommend it, the kids loved it and I have great pics, can't wait to post them :) Then we headed back to WDW to watch Wishes again and just tour the resorts and pin trade and also to DTD to pin trade with some nice people and get more hot chocolate:lovestruc
    Today we are unpacking and just enjoying a day off and tomorrow we're off to TAmpa for the day :goodvibes Gosh, there is so much to do!
    I will respond to each of your posts as soon as I can, hopefully I will have internet up and running soon ~ thanks so much for reading and checking on me ~ I will go into a lot more details soon as I can ~ there is so much to tell you all and I can't wait to share my experinces with you all .
    I can tell you we love it here and have felt completely comfortable with everything and everyone is on :cloud9:
    Well, my time is up ~ I will talk to you all soon ~ bye for now :goodvibes

17. jenny105

jenny105 DIS Veteran

I'm glad you arrived safely and you're having so much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

18. Ilivetogo

Ilivetogo I really DO want to live there!

It's SO awesome to hear that the drive went okay :drive: and you're all there and safe and happy. BOY do I wish I was packed in your suitcase. (I can't wait till this is ME posting this kind of thread -- just a few more years -- I'm there.)

I'll just sit and wait for some pics of the house and your orange-picking excursion. :hourglass

THANKS for taking the time to update us!!!
    :thumbsup2

19. luvsmickeymouse

Oh I am glad to hear things are going well. I can't wait to hear more and see pictures. I want to move! I would love to see pics of the house and the area. I love Florida. Good for you for deciding to move and doing it. :cheer2:

20. carissanboys

carissanboys DIS Veteran

Yay! So glad to hear that you all arrived safe and sound AND that you're having a blast and so happy. :goodvibes :goodvibes Thanks for checking in with us! :hug:

21. dolphinrescuegirl

dolphinrescuegirl <marquee><font color=deeppink>I rather be swimming

Are you talking about the TECO plant in Tampa? It gets crowded in winter as it has warm water discharge that they need in the winter. Also you can swim with manatees in Crystal River. That is about a hour and a half to two hours north of Tampa. If you have manatee questions, pm me!