The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We just checked into the resort and it is beautiful. We did hit a couple of snags at check-in though, and I wanted to ask for advice here on if I should do anything. When I gave them my name at the desk, at first they could only see my reservation through the 15th (it is the 11th right now). Starting to feel a bit panicky I told them my reservation was through the 19th. After a few minutes he was able to see that I had a reservation from the 11-15th, then the 15th-18th, then the 18th-20th. We are not staying until the 20th--our checkout date and what we paid for was only through the 19th. When he asked who I booked through, I told him Vacation Strategy, and he almost sighed then said, "you better be careful with them, we have lots of guests who have problems with them." I have had several interactions talking with customer service at Vacation Strategy and most people on here find them to be okay. So he got us into our room and everything is set, but should I call Vacation Strategy and tell them we somehow got an extra day in the resort?

None in our second bedroom in Tower 2. I'm adding a suggestion to our survey that we just received. Our friends slept with the door open.

Can someone else address this? Concerned - what's the air conditioning situation?!? We are sensitive to the heat, so we usually set AC at 68, and I know that the override info has been provided here on the thread - are we able to keep cool in the WBC units?

We just checked into the resort and it is beautiful. We did hit a couple of snags at check-in though, and I wanted to ask for advice here on if I should do anything. When I gave them my name at the desk, at first they could only see my reservation through the 15th (it is the 11th right now). Starting to feel a bit panicky I told them my reservation was through the 19th. After a few minutes he was able to see that I had a reservation from the 11-15th, then the 15th-18th, then the 18th-20th. We are not staying until the 20th--our checkout date and what we paid for was only through the 19th. When he asked who I booked through, I told him Vacation Strategy, and he almost sighed then said, "you better be careful with them, we have lots of guests who have problems with them." I have had several interactions talking with customer service at Vacation Strategy and most people on here find them to be okay. So he got us into our room and everything is set, but should I call Vacation Strategy and tell them we somehow got an extra day in the resort?

We went with Vacation Strategy last year and had no problems at all. We're going again with them in a month.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else had issues with VS.

Thank you for bringing this up!

@lindsmom - We were there the first week in October (hot) and used the override tip to lower the AC to about 68 every night. Slept comfortably in both bedrooms all night and awoke to freezing temps! My only tip is to be careful and just gradually raise the thermostat or you will accidentally kick on the heat! Sounds like mileage varies.

We went with Vacation Strategy last year and had no problems at all. We're going again with them in a month.

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else had issues with VS.

Thank you for bringing this up!

You will be fine with VS....Wyndham would just prefer people pay full price for their timeshare points system. Most times there may be multiple reservations for someone based on the number of days they are staying, day they are checking in and whether the dates include two different booking seasons like value season or high season.

What is this AC override tip???

And sorry Mrsap, we're home now. Hopefully someone else will be able to find out an ETA on Tower 6!

I have stayed there before and had multiple reservations during one stay. I had no issues and never had to change rooms or check out and back in. You ended up with an extra day because they have a 2 night minimum stay requirement when you use points. They had to give you the extra night because of the way they had to split your reservation.

Do you get a confirmation email when you book with Vacation Strategy? I requested a quote, paid the deposit through the link provided and got the automatic receipt. Should I be expecting another confirmation or is that it?

I have stayed there before and had multiple reservations during one stay. I had no issues and never had to change rooms or check out and back in. You ended up with an extra day because they have a 2 night minimum stay requirement when you use points. They had to give you the extra night because of the way they had to split your reservation.

Thank you for your response! That makes total sense. We are loving our stay here. We will definitely be coming back!

Can we talk about deluxe vs. presidential? We just stayed at a 2 bedroom deluxe and enjoyed it very much. What advantages would a presidential have over the deluxe? Are the taller towers all presidentials?

Hi Friends!

We are very excited to be arriving at WBC early next month!

We have a specific question I think this thread could help with regarding high chair / booster seats.

I have heard there are high chairs available. Can anyone confirm the weight limit on these models? We've got a big 2 year-old boy!

Does anyone know if booster seats are available as an alternative to the high chair?

Thank you!

Hi Friends!

We are very excited to be arriving at WBC early next month!

We have a specific question I think this thread could help with regarding high chair / booster seats.

I have heard there are high chairs available. Can anyone confirm the weight limit on these models? We've got a big 2 year-old boy!

Does anyone know if booster seats are available as an alternative to the high chair?

Thank you!
They have high chairs like the ones you get in a restaurant that you pull up to the table. You request them when you check in and it will be delivered to you room.

Can we talk about deluxe vs. presidential? We just stayed at a 2 bedroom deluxe and enjoyed it very much. What advantages would a presidential have over the deluxe? Are the taller towers all presidentials?

All the 1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are in tower 6. The 4 bedroom presidentials can be in any tower.

The presidentials are a bit more "done" in decor. They have stainless appliances and a full-size washer and dryer instead of a stacked unit. The unit is a bit larger. They do not have a pullout couch, so the occupancy is less.

They are nice, but would I pay a premium to stay in one -- no.

I have stayed in presidential units because they were what was available for the time I wanted to travel and the price was reasonable.

All the 1, 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are in tower 6. The 4 bedroom presidentials can be in any tower.

The presidentials are a bit more "done" in decor. They have stainless appliances and a full-size washer and dryer instead of a stacked unit. The unit is a bit larger. They do not have a pullout couch, so the occupancy is less.

They are nice, but would I pay a premium to stay in one -- no.

I have stayed in presidential units because they were what was available for the time I wanted to travel and the price was reasonable.

Thanks for the response! And yeah, that's the way we are leaning...it is a $480 difference for the 8 days we are looking at - that is a lot for not such a big difference in amenities.

We have used VS the past 3 years with no issues at check-in and are booked to return in April 2016 with VS. :smooth:

How close is Celebration to the resort and is there a starbucks near the resort (I know about those in the parks). Also, can we bring our own raft for the pool. My 1 year old has a very small boat she floats in and would love to use that there.

There is starbucks available in the lobby (2nd floor) of the Wyndham Grand hotel which is next to tower six of Bonnet Creek. Not a full menu but had what I wanted.

I just called the resort number and they said the Presidential Units in Building 6 should be "ready" on November 20. I check in on the 22nd and will report back here.

Can someone else address this? Concerned - what's the air conditioning situation?!? We are sensitive to the heat, so we usually set AC at 68, and I know that the override info has been provided here on the thread - are we able to keep cool in the WBC units?

Press and hold F/C button on left size of thermostat until it says 6P and this means it is in bypass mode. It resets in 24 hours so you will have to do it every day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter