• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Anyone ever rent Wyndham Bonnet Creek from VRBO? Today I was quoted a very reasonable rate on a 2br/2 ba, and the person says that the only additional charge would be a security deposit and if we charge anything to the room. I worry that once we book, we will owe taxes and fees upon checkin. Are those usually paid up front by the booking agent or will we owe those?

I called Wyndham lake buena vista. They do have character meal Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings with Mickey Goofy and Pluto. $24.95 adults/ $12.95 ages 4-11. For those prices it doesn't seem worth it. Might as well do a real disney breakfast.

I suppose if you have 10-11 year olds it's a much better deal. ;)

What about just regular dining at bonnet creek. Is it any good? We've found the food at Disney is usually over priced and not that great, so we have a few choice places we eat at in the parks! and we know the Kissimmee area pretty well from previous stays off site. We were just wondering how the restaurants there at the timeshare compare.

What about just regular dining at bonnet creek. Is it any good? We've found the food at Disney is usually over priced and not that great, so we have a few choice places we eat at in the parks! and we know the Kissimmee area pretty well from previous stays off site. We were just wondering how the restaurants there at the timeshare compare.

It's your standard overpriced food. We enjoy grilling and cooking ourselves.

I am heartbroken! We usually stay in a 2 BR Pres and were looking for a 3 or 4 br and I just got this news from one of the brokers: (

I just called the resort and they told me they do not offer any character dining since they aren't affiliated with disney.

I'm also interested to hear if this is still offered. If so, it's definitely something we'd like to check out! :thumbsup2

I called Wyndham lake buena vista. They do have character meal Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings with Mickey Goofy and Pluto. $24.95 adults/ $12.95 ages 4-11. For those prices it doesn't seem worth it. Might as well do a real disney breakfast.

Just to be clear this is NOT the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort property. This is a Downtown Disney hotel that Wyndham bought out and it has always had a character meal there, even when it was the Grosvenor Hotel. It is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd across from the Hilton Hotel and the Marketplace. The DTD hotels are "Official Walt Disney World Hotels" aka partners. I don't think Bonnet Creek will ever be a partner.

From their site -
http://www.wyndhamlakebuenavista.com/amenities/amenities.aspx

Disney® Character Breakfast - Enjoy a delicious full breakfast buffet and take pictures with two of the Fab Five Disney® Characters on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, 7:30-10:30am in the Lakeview Restaurant.

I just heard that Tower 6 will be closed Sep-Nov? Does anyone know the details? I am heartbroken!
We usually stay in a 2 BR Pres and were looking for a 3 or 4 br and I just got this news from one of the brokers: (

In the past month or so ... it was posted on DIS ... Building 6 will be under going renovation in October.

Therefore there will be no rental of ... Presidential 1-2-3 Bedroom Suites because they are all located in Building 6.

IIRC ... the Presidential 4 Bedroom Suites are located on the top floor of all the buildings.

I assume there are not that many Presidential 4 Bedroom Suites.

Hi everyone! I am a long-time reader but have very few posts under my belt.

Does anyone here have experience with the 4BR presidential Reserve units in building six? I'm interested in what views are available in those units? Does anyone know how many there are? The one nugget I have unearthed so far sounds like there's really only one of those units with fireworks views? Does anyone have additional info?

Thanks all!

In the past month or so ... it was posted on DIS ... Building 6 will be under going renovation in October.

Therefore there will be no rental of ... Presidential 1-2-3 Bedroom Suites because they are all located in Building 6.

IIRC ... the Presidential 4 Bedroom Suites are located on the top floor of all the buildings.

I assume there are not that many Presidential 4 Bedroom Suites.
They've remodeled all the deluxe units and they're great. Why not just stay in one of those?

There will still be presidential 4 bedrooms available, just not in tower 6. Availability may be more tight, though.

I really don't think you'll miss much from the presidential units.

Thank you upatnoon! I needed to hear that! We love our 2 br pres, always had a high floor with a great view of the lake. I wanted to bring my parents along this trip, so am looking for a 3 or 4 br which look to be sold out with the reno in building 6.

I will definitely just go with a regular 2 br and perhaps 2. Have all of the towers been redone? We like the Tower 6 area and lazy river area, which tower has been refurbed closest to those amenities?

Thanks very much for your input: )

Best,
Kim

Thank you upatnoon! I needed to hear that! We love our 2 br pres, always had a high floor with a great view of the lake. I wanted to bring my parents along this trip, so am looking for a 3 or 4 br which look to be sold out with the reno in building 6.

I will definitely just go with a regular 2 br and perhaps 2. Have all of the towers been redone? We like the Tower 6 area and lazy river area, which tower has been refurbed closest to those amenities?

Thanks very much for your input: )

Best,
Kim
The most recent tower to be renovated is tower 5, which is the big tower just to the right of tower 6.

Just to be clear this is NOT the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort property. This is a Downtown Disney hotel that Wyndham bought out and it has always had a character meal there, even when it was the Grosvenor Hotel. It is located on Hotel Plaza Blvd across from the Hilton Hotel and the Marketplace. The DTD hotels are "Official Walt Disney World Hotels" aka partners. I don't think Bonnet Creek will ever be a partner.

From their site -
http://www.wyndhamlakebuenavista.com/amenities/amenities.aspx

Disney® Character Breakfast - Enjoy a delicious full breakfast buffet and take pictures with two of the Fab Five Disney® Characters on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, 7:30-10:30am in the Lakeview Restaurant.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for clarifying everything. I double check the original site I read that on and Wyndham Bonnet Creek is clearly listed, but nothing on their actual site. The Lake Buena Vista site matches the description pretty well. We'll probably stick with character meals in the parks or maybe CMs. Looking forward to our first stay at WBC :cool1: Thanks!

Just looking for opinions. We're booked for the end of April/first week of May. We'll be driving down from NJ and should be arriving around 3-4pm (fingers crossed.) We have a 2 yr old and 8 yr old.

Do you think it's best to hit the grocery store/Walmart before we get to the resort or go check in, then go back out. We plan to hit DTD at that night, so we're not worried about park time.

Just looking for opinions. We're booked for the end of April/first week of May. We'll be driving down from NJ and should be arriving around 3-4pm (fingers crossed.) We have a 2 yr old and 8 yr old. Do you think it's best to hit the grocery store/Walmart before we get to the resort or go check in, then go back out. We plan to hit DTD at that night, so we're not worried about park time.
I would check in first. The lines to check in can be long and you don't want your groceries to go bad if get stuff that needs to be kept in a refrigerator.

Just looking for opinions. We're booked for the end of April/first week of May. We'll be driving down from NJ and should be arriving around 3-4pm (fingers crossed.) We have a 2 yr old and 8 yr old.

Do you think it's best to hit the grocery store/Walmart before we get to the resort or go check in, then go back out. We plan to hit DTD at that night, so we're not worried about park time.
We generally check in, unload, then while everyone else unpacks and relaxes in the room I go to the store and round up the supplies. Then we eat dinner in our room.

If time allows, sometimes we'll play minigolf or go for a walk around the resort.

Its about 15 minutes each way to Walmart or Publix Grocery Store.

We will be back to Bonnet Creek in November. We were hoping for a 4 bedroom presidential, but were able to get one 2 bedroom deluxe and a 1 bedroom deluxe. We are thrilled with that because it is Thanksgiving week!

I would check in first. The lines to check in can be long and you don't want your groceries to go bad if get stuff that needs to be kept in a refrigerator.

We generally check in, unload, then while everyone else unpacks and relaxes in the room I go to the store and round up the supplies. Then we eat dinner in our room.

If time allows, sometimes we'll play minigolf or go for a walk around the resort.

Its about 15 minutes each way to Walmart or Publix Grocery Store.

Thanks, this is what I'm looking for. I was thinking I'd end up going back out alone to the store. Or we could stop by on the way back from DTD.

Are only presidential units found in Building 6? We have reserved a time share 4BR Presidential and I have read alot of mixed info on their location. Some say all time share units are in building 6, others say 4BR Presidential Suites only on top floors of all buildings, others have said there are numerous floors of 4BR Presidential units, but all are above 10th floor. Does anyone have any info on this or where I can find it (aside from calling the resort directly)? Thanks for your help!:goodvibes

Every tower has 4BR Presidentials. 1BR, 2BR, and 3BR presidentials are only in Tower 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter