The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We have unlimited data (thanks, Verizon!) and plan to use our cell phones to stream Netflix at night for the kids (my H has the cables to hook it to the TV at home, I assume it should work on the TV @ WBC). We'll bring DVDs as a back up.

We tried to connect our Apple TV, but had no luck getting the wifi to truly connect to the Apple TV.

When you connect your phone, tablet or laptop to the wifi, it brings you to the "I agree" page.

The Apple TV doesn't give you a way to get to the "I agree", so even though it said it was connected, it would never really connect.

I couldn't even get that far, as I couldn't seem to change the input on the TV. However, I didn't think about that problem. Seems like appleTV wouldn't work, nor would chromecast based on that alone.

Wish I had unlimited data to use, but we're traveling from Canada, so even a bit of data use would be crazy.

We are a week away from our stay at Bonnet Creek. Called today and part of my ressie is missing. We are staying 12 nights so it does consist of multiple stays. How worried should I be. The place I booked through is checking with their guest relations. I have already placed 5 calls today. On another note has anyone been able to checkin early and get their room? Also what tower is your favorite? I have 4 kids 12,11,8 and 6. Thank you in advance.

We checked in at 12 and got the tower and view requested. We asked for tower 5, high floor and facing pool. Would have preferred tower 4 since the pool is a little quieter there. DH wanted 5 and it is right inciting of lazy river and can see HS fireworks.

Rainy day and went to timeshare presentation. Can't believe how pushy and aggressive they were. After we said no many times they sent us two other managers over then our first person back before being shown the gifting area. I personally do not think it was worth our time.

So sorry if this was asked earlier in the thread. 50+ pages is a lot to go through. We're staying at WBC in October on our timeshare and will have a rental car. Trying to get an idea of drive time to the various parks. I called the resort guest services but they just gave me the mileage, which I could have Googled.

We hope to get to the parking lot of most of them by 8:15am. How long to get from WBC to the parking lot of the following : MK, Epcot, DHS and AK? Anything else I should know about driving our own car from WBC to the parks?

TIA

If you hit all green lights I would say you could be in the DHS parking lot in 10 minutes from leaving WBC. 15 min to EPCOT as it is a very large parking lot to reach your assigned space. [At EPCOT always go to the security check on the left hand side as the right gate gets all the Monorail traffic and the buses from Disney resorts] MK & AK are farther - say 20 minutes to parking lots. Your parking ticket will get you into any lot so if you leave you can return or go to a different park without paying a second time on the same day. Remember to leave time at the MK to go through TTC before reaching the park entrance and the security check. More like 30 minutes from when you leave WBC until you are at the entrance of MK.
When leaving at the end of the day follow the Disney signs for Caribbean Beach Resort and you will then see the orange WBC signs and recognize where you are. It all looks so different in the dark. If you have stroller children then I recommend valet parking at Contemporary Resort. It cost more but you avoid the TTC and transfer to the trams to the parking lot. You can just stroll back to CR while pushing your child in the stroller and wait for Valet to bring your car to you - at that point then take the child out of the stroller & put in car seat. Just a whole lot easier with a tired or sleeping child at the end of the night - you avoid the long lines waiting for the monorail or the boat to TTC and the rush to get on a tram to the parking lot.

Arriving at WBC in a few days and have a few questions. We have always stayed on sight so we took buses and never thought about how to get to each park. Which parks are a direct drive to (have their own parking lot) and which ones do we have to go to TTC? Do the villas have enough hangers or should I pick up extra at Walmart? Any other suggested must buy items to have in the villa? We are there 13 days so I plan on doing some shopping for basics. Thank you in advance!

Arriving in 15 (!!!!!!!!) days. First time at WBC. Have been reading the recent posts about travel to and from the parks (thank you!) but my poor brain can't understand directions until I'm in a place. Are the staff at WBC generally friendly and knowledgeable enough to give good directions or should I print out some of the previous posts? TIA!

Rainy day and went to timeshare presentation. Can't believe how pushy and aggressive they were. After we said no many times they sent us two other managers over then our first person back before being shown the gifting area. I personally do not think it was worth our time.

Noted!!

well my Husband caved and said yes and ITS SO NOT WORTH IT. NOt even for the free week. WHy? Its IMPOSSIBLE To book anything for that free week. IF you have kids in school forget about it. You can only see whats available 30 days out and lets just say I wouldnt stay in any of the places left over for free. Has anyone had any luck? They want you to purchase a time share and offer up a package to try out their hotels. The catch????? Even though you can call and they have rooms available they say they dont when you call to use your points. Its so backwards its nuts. ANYONE have any tips who have been down this road. I curse out my DH every day I have to try and find ressie

Arriving at WBC in a few days and have a few questions. We have always stayed on sight so we took buses and never thought about how to get to each park. Which parks are a direct drive to (have their own parking lot) and which ones do we have to go to TTC? Do the villas have enough hangers or should I pick up extra at Walmart? Any other suggested must buy items to have in the villa? We are there 13 days so I plan on doing some shopping for basics. Thank you in advance!
You only park at MK for the TTC. As an alternative, you can valet park at the Contemporary and walk to the park. All the other parks have dedicated parking lots right in front. Depending on when you arrive, you may have to ride the tram to the park gate.

As for the hangers, there are 2 closets and we always had plenty. There are also drawers for you clothes. One tip: Don't forget you have a washer and dryer in your room. You can bring half as many clothes with you if you don't mind doing a load or two of laundry.

Arriving in 15 (!!!!!!!!) days. First time at WBC. Have been reading the recent posts about travel to and from the parks (thank you!) but my poor brain can't understand directions until I'm in a place. Are the staff at WBC generally friendly and knowledgeable enough to give good directions or should I print out some of the previous posts? TIA![/QUOTE

They'll be happy to give you directions. Don't worry, you will be driving on Disney property and there are lots of signs everywhere. Basically you turn left out of the resort and follow the signs to the parks.

Actually you turn right out of WBC and drive to the first traffic light where you will turn left to go to the parks and right to go to DTD and Typhoon Lagoon. Just remember to follow the signs to Caribbean Beach Resort to find your way back to WBC.

Question:

Were staying one night at Port Orleans French Quarter the night before our WBC 7 night stay (rental car). When I check out of POFQ, we are heading for a 11am reservation at T-Rex in Disney Springs, then after that heading to WBC to check in. I want to be able to stop on the way to check-in at a supermarket and get some breakfast food and necessities. Is their a supermarket close by that I can achieve this?

Thanks

Hi all. I'm new to WBC thread and still reading thru all the threads.

When is the best time to get a deal with rentals?

We plan to go mid-Feb. Will weather be too chilly to use their pool and lazy river? Is there an indoor pool?

Are rentals from owners payable at time of booking or just deposit only until closer to trip?

Any sites that have good cancellation policy? Which sites do you prefer to book from?

When you rent from timeshare owner, do they make reservations for you and when you check in, just provide your own info?

If you can't book WBC, what's another off site property you would consider?

Thanks!

Scrapple - I think the Winn Dixie on 535 will be the closest grocery store. You will go left out of the DTD parking and turn right on Hotel Plaza ( all the DTD hotel road) It will dead into 535. Turn left and Winn Dixie will be on your right in a couple of blocks.

Question:

Were staying one night at Port Orleans French Quarter the night before our WBC 7 night stay (rental car). When I check out of POFQ, we are heading for a 11am reservation at T-Rex in Disney Springs, then after that heading to WBC to check in. I want to be able to stop on the way to check-in at a supermarket and get some breakfast food and necessities. Is their a supermarket close by that I can achieve this?

Thanks
I'd suggest checking in to WBC before going to the store. If a room is not ready or there is a wait at check-in, any frozen or cold food will be cooking in the car.

What works for us is that while my wife and kids are unpacking in the room, I go to the store and get all the supplies. I've found that makes for a much faster shopping experience.

My favorite store is Publix, Water Tower Place, 29 Blake Blvd, in Celebration. It's about a 20 minute drive. Also about 20 minutes away is a Super Walmart, 3250 Vineland Rd, Kissimmee.

If you hit all green lights I would say you could be in the DHS parking lot in 10 minutes from leaving WBC. 15 min to EPCOT as it is a very large parking lot to reach your assigned space. [At EPCOT always go to the security check on the left hand side as the right gate gets all the Monorail traffic and the buses from Disney resorts] MK & AK are farther - say 20 minutes to parking lots. Your parking ticket will get you into any lot so if you leave you can return or go to a different park without paying a second time on the same day. Remember to leave time at the MK to go through TTC before reaching the park entrance and the security check. More like 30 minutes from when you leave WBC until you are at the entrance of MK.
When leaving at the end of the day follow the Disney signs for Caribbean Beach Resort and you will then see the orange WBC signs and recognize where you are. It all looks so different in the dark. If you have stroller children then I recommend valet parking at Contemporary Resort. It cost more but you avoid the TTC and transfer to the trams to the parking lot. You can just stroll back to CR while pushing your child in the stroller and wait for Valet to bring your car to you - at that point then take the child out of the stroller & put in car seat. Just a whole lot easier with a tired or sleeping child at the end of the night - you avoid the long lines waiting for the monorail or the boat to TTC and the rush to get on a tram to the parking lot.

Have you had luck with the Contemporary valet parking this year? If so, what do you typically tell them upon arrival so they let you through? I take it you haven't had any issues with the valet wondering why you have unpacked the stroller and all the theme park backpacks and heading towards MK. All I had read has led me to believe they have cut down on this. I believe they will give you a 3 hour pass for a dining reservation or other business at the hotel. I would appreciate any tips you can provide.

We will be down for a week at WBC in November and be taking our 5-year old for the first time.

So, where do I call to put in my room request? We have a 1 BR and 1 2BR reserved for the week after Thanksgiving through an RCI exchange. This will be our first time at Bonnett Creek. I'd love to be near the lazy river. What should I request? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter