The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I have read elsewhere in this thread that the maximum number of people in a unit is strictly enforced. From what that post said, a chil counts as a person at any age, and the explanation given was that it was about fire regulations. This is second hand information so YMMV, but I wanted to share that.
From my experience with Wyndham resorts, they ask for the names of the individuals staying in the room when you check in. Other than that, how will they really know?

When I travel with my family of 5, I typically look for hotels that permit 5 in the room, but sometimes can only find ones that permit a max of 4. So for those I just indicate 2 adults, 2 children to make the online reservation. In all cases I have my own air mattress anyway for child #5. I've never had an issue with this. It's not like there is a security department - room enforcement division.

However, the Bonnet Creek resort is different from a hotel because it does offer 2-bedroom and larger units. But, if only a 1-bedroom unit was available for the time I needed it, I would book it for my family of 5 and make do. If you don't cause any fuss, it won't be a problem. To each their own, but that is how I would handle it. The 1 bedroom deluxe units are typically spacious enough, in my experience, especially if putting the youngest in the king bedroom. I don't have experience with 1 bedroom non-deluxe units, and imagine they would be smaller as was described by another forum member.

Hello Bonnet Creekers,
We are thinking of staying here for the first time for 5 or so days the week after the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend. I am wondering how far in advance we should get some quotes or book the room, Not sure what size room we will need yet as some of the people are still on the fence this far out. We are staying on property for the race weekend, so this would be a sunday/monday to friday res for a 2-3 bedroom most likely. Any helpful advice on timelines is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I just booked our 3-week summer vacation at Bonnet Creek. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids, the youngest being 5 and the other is 15. I was at Bonnet Creek for 2 weeks about 2 years ago, but we were at the Disney parks every day. Last year we were at Cypress Pointe for 3 weeks. We had a good time, but there are only 2 pools which can get crowded. The only good thing for the teenager at Cypress Pointe was that it had a basketball hoop which he loved. A question for all the families with teenagers, is there enough to do at BC that a 15 year old won't get bored? During the summer does there appear to be a lot of teens hanging out around the pools? We don't plan on spending too much time at the parks this year. The only place we might go to for a day or 2 is Universal and one of the Disney water parks.

I think it would be a great place to vacation for a teenager. There is such a variety of activities offered - each of the five (or more) pools is very different than the other e.g. slides,lazy rivers, theming, additional amenities. There is also a sand volleyball court, miniature golf, billiards, ping pong, beautiful walking around the lake, an arcade, and many, many scheduled activities - from outdoor evening movies to karaoke to pool activities and entertainment to contests (Family Survivor Challenge, Selfie Scavenger Hunt).

Hey folks who have stayed in a 2 BR unit and utilized the pull out couch,

Was there enough room in the unit to walk around it if you left it out? Also, if someone was still sleeping on it in the morning, was there enough space separation for others to have breakfast, use kitchen, etc?

TIA

Hey folks who have stayed in a 2 BR unit and utilized the pull out couch,

Was there enough room in the unit to walk around it if you left it out? Also, if someone was still sleeping on it in the morning, was there enough space separation for others to have breakfast, use kitchen, etc?

TIA
We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe. We didn't use the pull out but I'm pretty sure there would be room to walk around it - it just might be a little annoying. But there is no separation from it and the kitchen so it would a challenge to be making and eating breakfast with someone asleep on couch unless you were quiet as mice! On the other hand, I will say that there was room in the second bedroom for a double aerobed - in case that's an option.

Just remember that the living space in a 2BR deluxe is rather smaller than the LR space in a presidential 2BR. I believe the floor plan above is a 2BR deluxe. Having stayed in one of those 2x, the space is tighter than it looks on the floor plan. Even in the presidential, though, the space is not well separated, as shown below.

FP_BonnetCreek_2B-Pres.gif

That was my experience with ALAMO

*$4.00 a day ~ only on days ~ that a toll road was driven*

Good to know, we are also renting with Alamo. I don't mind paying the $4, but I was reading crazy amounts, like $20 a day for the entire length of your rental.

I'm here now and the 3 bedroom presidential is amazing! I love this whole resort. Only bad thing is the water pressure; it's terrible.

I'm so excited. I won an auction today on SkyAuction for $599 (+$20 fee) for a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the last week of August! We were debating between All Star Music regular room for $800, Marriott Residence Inn 2 bed/2 bath for $1100, other skyauction options, renting DVC points or using all of our Marriott Points for Grand Vista. With 2 girls in their early 20s, the 2 bathrooms are essential! And getting the condo at Bonnet Creek was cheaper than the All Stars!

I'm ok giving up the 60 day FP+ opportunity by not staying on site. We've never done Mine Train (well, I have but the family hasn't), so the extra time might have helped with that. But we can just try at park opening or closing or some of the other strategies. And Anna & Elsa FP+ are not essential since the girls are older. But it would have been fun since they played Anna & Elsa for Halloween.

ry%3D480

I've been reading along with this threads for years. I've always wanted to try out WBC but never have - up until now!!

Maggie

We will be staying at WBC in November 2015. We got a 1 BR and a 2 BR with my RCi points. Will it be easier to steer clear of the timeshare people if I say I already own RCI? Or should I not even mention that and just run away! ;)

We will be staying at WBC in November 2015. We got a 1 BR and a 2 BR with my RCi points. Will it be easier to steer clear of the timeshare people if I say I already own RCI? Or should I not even mention that and just run away! ;)

Here's my foolproof plan to avoid the timeshare upsell: when I'm at the parking desk, I tell them I just lost my job.

Last edited:
Hello Bonnet Creekers,
We are thinking of staying here for the first time for 5 or so days the week after the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend. I am wondering how far in advance we should get some quotes or book the room, Not sure what size room we will need yet as some of the people are still on the fence this far out. We are staying on property for the race weekend, so this would be a sunday/monday to friday res for a 2-3 bedroom most likely. Any helpful advice on timelines is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Will also be there at the same time! As an owner I booked a few months ago. At the time there were not many 2-3 bedrooms left from what I could find. I would definitely book it as soon as you can.

I'm ok giving up the 60 day FP+ opportunity by not staying on site. We've never done Mine Train (well, I have but the family hasn't), so the extra time might have helped with that. But we can just try at park opening or closing or some of the other strategies. And Anna & Elsa FP+ are not essential since the girls are older. But it would have been fun since they played Anna & Elsa for

I had no trouble getting a FP for Mine Train at 30 days out. I couldn't get A&E though. I got a 8am ADR at BOG, ate breakfast before the park opened, then was able to be 4th in line to see them. Well worth the overpriced breakfast!

Can anyone comment on the ResortNet2 rollout here? We'll have a party of 6 in a 2 br deluxe, and I bought a travel router to circumvent the device limit. The router can rebroadcast a wireless signal. I'm wondering about the pricing structure. Is there a "premium" level wifi for two devices, and, if so, how much per day/week is it. Thanks!

I had no trouble getting a FP for Mine Train at 30 days out. I couldn't get A&E though. I got a 8am ADR at BOG, ate breakfast before the park opened, then was able to be 4th in line to see them. Well worth the overpriced breakfast!
I'm staying Bonnet Creek for the first time this summer and just got to make my first fast pass after midnight last night and everyone I looked at was for late afternoon with the summer crowds and on site people being able to book them 60 days out, but at least I got some. My question is since I made the fast passes online do I just show my ticket or band. I read that when you use the in park kiosks you get a little ticket to show at the ride. Do you have to print off the page and show it? I'm not sure I'm liking these fast passes because you have to know which park you'll be at for that day an dyou can only make the reservations for one park but up to three attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!