The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Anyone have any tips on how to request a nice room? We stayed here once before, during a slow season, and even though we got there a couple hours before check in and the property didn't seem full, they said they couldn't give us a room with a view. In fact, we got a view of the parking lot:-(. That was a Friday check in though, and I think I read somewhere that the majority of people do Sat to Sat, so you have more options if you are checking in Saturday. This time we are going PEAK season and checking in Saturday. I will be in Orlando staying at a different hotel the night before, so I can be at WBC at 9am and at least request a good room, but not sure if it will help. Also, this time we are getting a 3BR 2BA. Does anyone know if that can still be in any building or are they only in certain buildings?

Thanks

Anyone have any tips on how to request a nice room? We stayed here once before, during a slow season, and even though we got there a couple hours before check in and the property didn't seem full, they said they couldn't give us a room with a view. In fact, we got a view of the parking lot:-(. That was a Friday check in though, and I think I read somewhere that the majority of people do Sat to Sat, so you have more options if you are checking in Saturday. This time we are going PEAK season and checking in Saturday. I will be in Orlando staying at a different hotel the night before, so I can be at WBC at 9am and at least request a good room, but not sure if it will help. Also, this time we are getting a 3BR 2BA. Does anyone know if that can still be in any building or are they only in certain buildings?

Thanks

I always ask for a specific building and a high floor and have been accommodated. I did not ask for a specific view though. I just smile a lot and tell the person checking us in how excited we are to be there again:-)

There's a few people on here going down for the end of April. When I was a kid, my parents always took us to Florida in April/May and this year is a special occasion, so we are really looking forward to this trip. Am I right in assuming you're daughter doesn't know about this trip? Ours doesn't either and it's killing me not to be able to share our plans with her.

Nope, she has no clue. Our plan right now is to put her (and our 2yr old) in the car and tell her we're visiting friends in Alabama. She thinks Florida is too far to drive to, so she'll have no idea. As of right now I'm not sure how we'll tell her where we are or where we're going. I'm giddy with excitement every time I think about it. Sometimes I just want to scream "We're going to Disney" in the middle of a random conversation. But I've been keeping the secret for at least a year now, I can hold it another 2 months. :)

Hi WBC experts,
I have been researching an off site stay for over a month now. Naturally, as a disboards member WBC was the first location I checked into. I sent requests through vacation upgrades and vacation strategies and unfortunately, neither had availability. So, I moved on to looking at private house rentals. However, yesterday I came across Farrell vacation rentals and they quoted me $149/night in a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek. That seemed a bit high to me. What do you think? Is this a reputable company and is this a decent price? Everyone here seems to love WBC (hence the name of the thread
; )) but we have never stayed off site as a family. ..would love to hear thoughts from the WBC "veterans"!
Thanks! !

-Kelly

Hi WBC experts,
I have been researching an off site stay for over a month now. Naturally, as a disboards member WBC was the first location I checked into. I sent requests through vacation upgrades and vacation strategies and unfortunately, neither had availability. So, I moved on to looking at private house rentals. However, yesterday I came across Farrell vacation rentals and they quoted me $149/night in a 2 BR at Bonnet Creek. That seemed a bit high to me. What do you think? Is this a reputable company and is this a decent price? Everyone here seems to love WBC (hence the name of the thread
; )) but we have never stayed off site as a family. ..would love to hear thoughts from the WBC "veterans"!
Thanks! !

-Kelly

Farrel Vacation Rentals is legitimate. Many here have rented from them. $149/nt. seems a bit high but it depends on when you're thinking of going.

Hi WBC experts,
Thanks! !

-Kelly

We have stayed both onsite and offsite. We have stayed at WBC and our last trip we rented a private home. I have loved all of my trips because they all have been different. This year's trip we are returning to WBC and I have to say I can't wait to go back. We loved how much room we had here, loved the atmosphere, loved the different pools to choose from and loved how it felt onsite even though the resort is not Disney. I'd say the price given to you is reasonable if he has availability that the others don't have. We booked with Vacation Upgrades for this trip. When we vacation, we love to spread out, the kids love having their own rooms, and the pools at this resort are great. You definitely won't be disappointed staying offsite if you stay at WBC.

We have stayed both onsite and offsite. We have stayed at WBC and our last trip we rented a private home. I have loved all of my trips because they all have been different. This year's trip we are returning to WBC and I have to say I can't wait to go back. We loved how much room we had here, loved the atmosphere, loved the different pools to choose from and loved how it felt onsite even though the resort is not Disney. I'd say the price given to you is reasonable if he has availability that the others don't have. We booked with Vacation Upgrades for this trip. When we vacation, we love to spread out, the kids love having their own rooms, and the pools at this resort are great. You definitely won't be disappointed staying offsite if you stay at WBC.

Farrel Vacation Rentals is legitimate. Many here have rented from them. $149/nt. seems a bit high but it depends on when you're thinking of going.

Thanks for the responses. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something more back today. Still waiting :( Our dates are April 21-28 so didn't think that was considered a "prime" time but every time seems popular for WBC!

For what it's worth, the lowest quote I got was $116/night during peak season from an individual on myresortnetwork.com. The quotes from VS and VU were much higher for the same period.

Thanks for the responses. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that I hear something more back today. Still waiting :( Our dates are April 21-28 so didn't think that was considered a "prime" time but every time seems popular for WBC!

We are staying at the end of April and we got our 2 bedroom deluxe for just over $100/night. I didn't think there would be a problem getting a unit at that time of the year either. :( We booked through VS as we had used them previously. Have you checked ebay? I've heard a number of people use that site or VRBO is popular too. Not sure where you've looked.

I'm using Michael Sullivan this year. He quoted me $850 for 7 nights for a 2 bedroom for the week of Memorial Day, which I thought was a really good deal. Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy didn't have any 2 bedrooms available for us, only 1 bedroom presidentials (not what I wanted--no second bathroom). Michael was recommended to me by a good friend who has used him before. You can find him by googling his name, along with Wyndham.

I'm using Michael Sullivan this year. He quoted me $850 for 7 nights for a 2 bedroom for the week of Memorial Day, which I thought was a really good deal. Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy didn't have any 2 bedrooms available for us, only 1 bedroom presidentials (not what I wanted--no second bathroom). Michael was recommended to me by a good friend who has used him before. You can find him by googling his name, along with Wyndham.
I'm emailing with him now. Couldn't find a lot of feedback (positive or negative) about him but he's been very prompt and responsive via email so far. Not having much luck with my dates, however. Fingers crossed!;)

Welcome to Part 4 of The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread!

Hat tip to all those who started these threads and kept them going:
Lisa0620, SparKeLLy, vettechick99, donaldduck352, Disfan15, Cdn Gal, and many more!

Here are the links to the old threads (I highly recommend reading at least the first post on each):

Part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937

Part 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Here are the links to some other useful threads:

Bonnet Creek Photos
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3155751

I've personally stayed at WBC twice and will be staying there again in July 2015. My family and I love it!

Here is some general information about the resort (copied from the previous threads - thanks again!):

Address:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Map View
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46103273&postcount=3524

What/Where is Bonnet Creek?
Bonnet Creek Resort is a 70-acre area located in the southeast corner of Walt Disney World. It is not owned by Disney, but is bordered on three sides by Disney-owned land. The entrance is located just east of the entrance to Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort. The concept was to set up a cluster of luxury hotels. There is currently a Wyndham timeshare resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the focus of this thread), the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek complex, and an 18 hole golf course.

How do I make a reservation at Bonnet Creek?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort. You can rent units from Wyndham timeshare owners. People on this thread have had luck with rentals from ebay, through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, through Vacation Strategy www.vacationstrategy.com, Farrell's Vacations, and others.

The best price is available when you book within 60 days of your trip. If you make a reservation through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, he will automatically check at the 60-day point if there is still availability and rebook you at the lower rate.

Vacation Strategy has an excellent cancellation policy (which is why I've used them personally).

You can also reserve online through Wyndham, but if you reserve through Wyndham, you will be paying much more than what you would pay renting from an owner.
wyndhambonnetcreek.com or call: 800-610-9558

Is there a parking fee at the resort?
Parking is free at Bonnet Creek but you will have to pay to park at the theme parks.

Is there a shuttle from the airport to the resort?
No, a rental car is recommended.

Can we walk to the Caribbean Beach Resort and use their transportation?
No, although the resorts are next to each other, there is no safe walking path between them.

Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to the parks and Downtown Disney?
Yes, there is a shuttle. It used to be free, but now there is a charge for it. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. If you use the ‘Search This Thread’ feature there are several shuttle schedules posted on this thread and the old ones. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car.

What is included with the units?
A kitchen with full sized appliances, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, TV and DVD in the living room, TV’s in each bedroom (flat screens only in the newer buildings.)

The closet of the master bedroom contains a wall safe, which might fit a smaller laptop.

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Is there daily maid service?
No. You can request a cleaning during your stay for a fee, but it is not otherwise provided. You are expected to wash your own towels during your stay. (There are towels provided at the pool for swimming.) There will be instructions in the unit for check out day: you are asked to strip the beds, put all the linens in the bathroom and empty your trash into the hallway chute.

Are the pools heated?
Yes, except the kiddie pools near the main building have been reported as not being heated.

Are there towels at the pool?
Yes. Pick up and drop off right at the poolside.

Is there Internet and what is the cost?
There is now free wifi available in the rooms.

How to get wifi at the resort
After you check-in you will recieve a small booklet. In there will provide you with the wifi password.

Will you have to attend a timeshare tour?
No. After you check in, you will be asked to visit another desk to pick up your parking pass. They will ask you some questions which you can choose to answer or not. You will be asked to sign up for a tour. I have declined each trip and never been asked again.

How can I buy into Bonnet Creek/Wyndham properties?
Check out the tug groups at www.tug2.com. Also, there has been some chatter on this thread about points and fees. Read throughout or check out the random posts on pages 13-16.

How to avoid timeshare people
I skipped the "Parking Desk" on both trips and never had any problems. Alternatively, go to the timeshare desk they will ask you some questions. Just tell them that your spouse isn't with you and/or mark the lowest income box on their form.

Activities
There are activities going on everyday at the resort. There should be an activity schedule posted in each building. Also there are kid activities at the Grand's pool at around 12 pm. They get a special treat after the activity at the Grand hotel.

Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort
Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel Bar at the Grand pool Gift shop in the main building and more!

Requesting rooms, views, etc.
You can request a lot of things at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can request tower, view, floor(low, middle, high), etc. They are under no obligation to honor your requests, but it doesn't hurt to ask!
Has anyone booked off ebsy and had success?

I'm emailing with him now. Couldn't find a lot of feedback (positive or negative) about him but he's been very prompt and responsive via email so far. Not having much luck with my dates, however. Fingers crossed!;)
We're you able to book directly and gave confirmation? It said they gave 24 hours?

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows what to expect from the Tower Six refurb this year? What do they typically do?

We're booked just post re-opening in early December. Is there any prescident of refurbishment not completing on time? It's a thought that's crossed my mind, hopefully a veteran here can put me at ease!

We're you able to book directly and gave confirmation? It said they gave 24 hours?
He is first trying to secure the dates. It is my understanding that the resort confirmation will come later.

It sounds like he may have to piece together multiple reservations in order to cover all my dates. He said it wouldn't be a problem at the resort as long as we're staying in the same room category. Does this sound right, everyone?

Also, he mentioned that WBC takes a $150 refundable security deposit upon check in. I wasn't aware of this. Typical? ?

Thanks again all! !

He is first trying to secure the dates. It is my understanding that the resort confirmation will come later.

It sounds like he may have to piece together multiple reservations in order to cover all my dates. He said it wouldn't be a problem at the resort as long as we're staying in the same room category. Does this sound right, everyone?

Also, he mentioned that WBC takes a $150 refundable security deposit upon check in. I wasn't aware of this. Typical? ?

Thanks again all! !

My Sun-Fri reservation was actually two overlapping reservations that they combined when I checked in. It wasn't a problem. And yes, BC places a $150 hold against your credit card that goes away when you check out. No one mentioned this to me, but I saw it as a pending transaction on my credit card activity. The charge didn't actually go through on my card.

And will we have time to use the pools etc- we are checking in on Sunday night and gave weekday select passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts