The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Last year, we rented a cabana next to the zero entry portion of the pirate pool at Tower 6. That was a great location. There are other cabanas at that pool near the poolslide, too.

That sounds ideal. I hate the idea of being so far away from the pool that I can't see my kid swimming, but I also don't want to be out in the sun all day. Thanks for your help. Do you know if the cabana rates are the same, or do they fluctuate? Also, do you think I should book ahead of time, or can I wait until we're down there to rent one? It would be pointless to rent a cabana on a rainy day. Thanks again!

The rates do fluctuate by season and day of the week. I am sure the availability depends on when you are going. Last year, we were there for spring break the first week of April and we wanted two cabanas for multiple days, so I reserved in advance. You can call the activity desk in Tower 6 to inquire about rates and availability. You can reserve it but don't pay for it until the day you use it.

It is good to have all the comforts of home while on vacation.
But it can be very relaxing to unplug too.
:surfweb:

I agree. I made the hubby tell work that they could not contact him for any reason when we took our 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii last year (Wyndham's Waikiki Beachwalk was AWESOME). They had a full year's warning. But it was fun to upload pics at night and post them to FB. We were also able to check the weather and research places we wanted to go. Work has done a major staff redux though, and I don't think I can make that happen this trip. Gonna try hard, but if he has to be on, he has to be on. They will at least wait until we're out of the parks (I still remember being on a bus tour of London England when we were living overseas and him having to explain to some idiot that he was on a bus with 30 other tourists and his small children, and whatever it was could wait until after dinner).

The rates do fluctuate by season and day of the week. I am sure the availability depends on when you are going. Last year, we were there for spring break the first week of April and we wanted two cabanas for multiple days, so I reserved in advance. You can call the activity desk in Tower 6 to inquire about rates and availability. You can reserve it but don't pay for it until the day you use it.

We are going last week of April/first week of May, so I don't think it should be too busy, but who knows these days. It used to be that everyone's kids had the same holidays, now they're all over the place. I think I'm going to chance it and wait until we are down there. I'm not sure I understand the different pricing for different days of the week. Everyone is on holiday (I'm assuming) and every day is the weekend when on vacation. LOL Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

For people with the timeshare, a question for my mom if I may.

On her brochure it says she's limited to 6 attraction tickets using points per visit. Does this mean per person or for the entirety of the trip regardless of number of guests.

Thanks!

Just made our final payment for ten nights in a 3br over April break. Can't wait!

Does anyone know what they are currently offering if you do their timeshare tour? Not that we will do it, but curious what the enticement is currently.

For the Person who asked about places to eat....there are a couple pool bars to get food along with a place to get pizza. There is also a small gift shop market place for things like milk. Bonnet Creek is also attached to the Wyndham hotel which has several restaurants there as well. It is also a very close drive to the Boardwalk area which has shops and restaurants.

BYOUNG...we usually use myresortnetwork.com and get great deals through the owners there. VRBO is fine as well.

Are there any good places to eat at WBC

We have never eaten at the resort, though I intend for the boys to try out their pizza place in June while hubby and I are at Emeril. :cutie:

I would absolutely not recommend getting any grocery-type items from the store unless you have absolutely zero choice. Last trip, we did have to buy some "food" at the gift shop (waaaay too long for all of us to walk to the pizza in the monsoon rain). It was very cheap frozen dinners (Michelina's, I think) at 3x the cost of same from grocery store. We were at the end of our stay and had used up the few dinner foods we had purchased. This time I'll make sure we have bread and peanut butter for emergencies.

The pizza is decent. We had lunch at the pool bar one day over in the hotel; that was fine. The upper-end restaurant (deep blu) in the hotel is supposed to be very good, but we ended up not making it over. There are also several great places in the Hilton/Waldorf just across the street.

BYOUNG...we usually use myresortnetwork.com and get great deals through the owners there. VRBO is fine as well.
When you go through somewhere like myresortnetwork.com, how do you typically pay?

Forgive the novice question. But, that describes me in this case.

Thanks!

GuyfromGulfport...when using myresortnetwork, I have used PayPal. This time we are renting from same person as last two times so I actually sent a check.

We will be staying at BC in August, this will be our third time. The first time was great, the second time (last August) our room STUNK, the wifi was spotty and the fridge/freezer hardly worked. I had to throw out all of our food because it was barely cool. We put bottles of water in the freezer and it took a full 24 hours for them to actually be frozen.

So we are hoping for a better experience this time around. I have a few questions, in case anyone can answer... First, on our first trip they offered to sell us Disney tickets at a really low rate. Do they still do this? Secondly, I was thinking of buying a new stroller from Amazon or Target with free shipping and sending it directly to the hotel, so it's one less thing we have to bring down on the plane. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering what would happen if I ship it and it arrives a few days before we do? Will they hold it until we arrive?

Sorry to hear your last visit wasn't as good as it should be. We have stayed 6 times and never had an issue with the room. Last year we were in room 666 and were a little worried, I don't know why but it was perfect. Didn't hear a sound. It was funny but everytime we gave our room number at the bar or something, people looked horrified. Anyway, yes you can have items delivered and ok if they arrive early. We are in UK and my husband always orders stuff from US sites before we go and usually waiting for us when we get there.

We will be there in August again this year for 21 nights, cant wait.

Have fun.

To my fellow WBC folks... we will have our own car (rental) and are planning a few meals at Downtown Disney, as well as a trip to BBB! Can anyone who's been there recently comment on the traffic in that area, please??? I've read a lot of conflicting reports on traffic at DD. I know they've opened the new parking garage and that the weekends are worse, but if some folks could please let me (and others reading this thread) know what their take was on the traffic in that area at different times of the day/week, I'd really appreciate it. TIA

We are going last week of April/first week of May, so I don't think it should be too busy, but who knows these days. It used to be that everyone's kids had the same holidays, now they're all over the place. I think I'm going to chance it and wait until we are down there. I'm not sure I understand the different pricing for different days of the week. Everyone is on holiday (I'm assuming) and every day is the weekend when on vacation. LOL Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

We'll be there the same time, April 28th - May 7th.

We'll be there the same time, April 28th - May 7th.

There's a few people on here going down for the end of April. When I was a kid, my parents always took us to Florida in April/May and this year is a special occasion, so we are really looking forward to this trip. Am I right in assuming you're daughter doesn't know about this trip? Ours doesn't either and it's killing me not to be able to share our plans with her.

For people with the timeshare, a question for my mom if I may.

On her brochure it says she's limited to 6 attraction tickets using points per visit. Does this mean per person or for the entirety of the trip regardless of number of guests.

Thanks!
I don't have it in front of me because it's my parents timeshare, but I think it's per trip. That being said I don't think it's a good value for the points unless they're points earned from using the credit card. I wouldn't use my vacation points for tickets.

We just got back from a five day stay at Bonnet Creek. It was great. We loved our 2 bd deluxe in Tower 4. We did not make any room requests and we ended up on the ground floor unfortunately. But it was so convenient. We were seconds away from the pool, hot tub, and lazy river, and seconds away from the car. Our kids were asleep before any fireworks, so the lack of view wasn't an issue. Our patio was parking lot adjacent, however, and that wasn't so great. But the room was very nice and very quiet. And it was chilly last week so we didn't care about spending time on the patio.

I checked in alone ran past the "parking pass" counter, and they never even called us. Housekeeping was awesome - brought us a portable crib and high chair within minutes and more coffee whenever we asked. The customer service was excellent. We found a hot tub that wasn't "hot," just warm and kid friendly, which they loved. They also loved the jacuzzi tub in our room.

We got our rental from an individual on myresortnetwork.com. I had no reviews to go on, only email contact, and paid in full up front, but she was completely legit and there was never an issue with our reservation. I contacted all of the well known renters (Ken, etc), she had the best price. PM me if you want her name.

The location to the parks was great too, you are actually on Disney property. We are not Disney fanatics (esp. my husband), but I would love to stay at BC again if we ever go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter