The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Go through their high pressure sales spiel and I bet they'll let you park a 747 here.
That's funny.

Just be forewarned people that the Timeshare Sales Spiel is completely, 100% dependent on YOU...not the resort. How do you avoid it?
1. Only 1 spouse goes to check-in. The other must stay in the car or simply not go into the main lobby for this brief first stop.
2. Do not go to the Parking Desk. It is not required because the room key opens the gate to the resort and you get that at check-in
3. If you fail at Step 1 and 2 because you were not thinking, tell them you are not traveling with your spouse.`
4. Unplug the room phone.

This will solve any and all attempts to attend a timeshare spiel.

Fishing at Port Orleans? How and where...never been there but am very interested in this...thanks.
Fishing at POR is questionable at best. I did it with DD only because I had a required 2 hours conference call from work during our trip. It was cane pole fishing and there was really nothing there. The small area is kind of sectioned off.

Remember, this is FL. If there is water, there are bass, bream, blue gills, etc almost everywhere. Disney does not allow fishing anywhere on property unless it is done by Disney. I sure know I wanted to cast a few around resorts just before dawn. I am sure if you go out there early, the worst they will do is tell you no. However, it is a pretty hefty fine if caught fishing without a license. No license is necessary with Disney fishing though since it is considered a charter.

Got a quote for 7 nights in May for a 2 bedroom presidential at 1600. Is that a good price? We've always stayed at a Disney resort but not that my daughter is older I want more space!
Fishing at Port Orleans? How and where...never been there but am very interested in this...thanks.

They have pole fishing at a fishing hole on Ol' Man Island at POR. I believe it was $16/half hr for a family of up to six people, including poles, bait and washcloths to keep clean. My son caught a fish right away and then the rest of us got nothing, but that was priceless, we've done a lot of fishing and he's never caught anything. It was also nice, peaceful downtime and we hopped on the boat afterward.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether or not there is a fitness room at WBC and if so, is there a scale? I think I saw a fitness room but didn't pay much attention since I run outdoors most of the time. However, I'm in a weight challenge for the next several months and weigh in day for April hits right during our trip, so I will need to find a scale that I can use and snap a pic of.

There is a fitness room, but not sure if there is a scale. I would call them. You could also check with the hotel building.

Hi there, I've just started digging into this thread and trying to figure out all there is to know about this resort. We haven't been to disney in a few years and haven't been to this resort. We will be traveling with our 3 boys ages 9, 14, and 16. The 14 year old has POTS and this is our first attempt at Disney since he got sick. He has a lot of pain and fatigue. The plan is to take it slow, maybe only go to parks every other day for shortened days and convince him to use a wheel chair. My question is where would be a good location for being close to a drop off point if we either use a taxi or uber or rent a car and drop him off and close to the most stuff for the rest of us to do or him if he feels up to it. The oldest just wants to golf and mini golf but that looks a little far from lazy rivers, main area, etc. I need help getting the lay of the land. Thanks!

The resort is really compact and it won't take long to walk anywhere.

If you have a car, you can pickup / dropoff right in front of whatever tower you are staying at if you can't find a close enough spot.

As to where taxis drop off, I have seen them at the main building, tower 6 and the hotel, thus it can't be more than a 5-10 minute walk depending on where you are.

Uber can pick you up right at your tower. We do this numerous times every trip. You just have to call or text the driver once he accepts your trip and tell him which tower. The app will only let you select the main address.

That's funny.

Just be forewarned people that the Timeshare Sales Spiel is completely, 100% dependent on YOU...not the resort. How do you avoid it?
1. Only 1 spouse goes to check-in. The other must stay in the car or simply not go into the main lobby for this brief first stop.
2. Do not go to the Parking Desk. It is not required because the room key opens the gate to the resort and you get that at check-in
3. If you fail at Step 1 and 2 because you were not thinking, tell them you are not traveling with your spouse.`

excellent. simple as that. i did same and i was in and out with my room keys in about 5-7 minutes.

That's funny.

This is what we do, but it hasn't mattered whether or not I check in on my own, we just don't go to the desk and we unplug the phone. I wonder if housekeeping ends up plugging in a lot of phones that people forget to plug back in!

Thank you! Which of the 2 (by tower 6 or between tower 2 and 3) is the bigger slide? Better for bigger kids?

Also, do any of the pools have snack bars?

That's what I was thinking when I came back to check the response. lol
In all honesty though, when at Disney do Disney. I would try to play one of the Disney courses. I have not been on one, but stayed at SSR. Walked the fairways and greens (when no one was playing). Very nice course.

Which tower(s) have a view of Epcot, and how can you get that? Do you have to request in advance?
Thanks!

My understanding is that Wyndham takes no requests in advance. Everything is "day of", first come first serve based on inventory turn over that day. The person I rented through the first time there said to get there early, check-in with requirements, and get the room assigned even if you have to wait. Once it was off inventory, it could not be reassigned. We knew nothing and just asked for a nice view. We were given a room overlooking the parking garage. No big deal because we do not spend time on the balcony. Then, all of a sudden, it sounded like bombs going off. Yep, fireworks galore from our balcony. It was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter