The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can add is my experience for the trip I took this past November. I contacted both Ken and vacation strategies. Both were very prompt and efficient, but in the end, VS was $400 cheaper than Ken for the same unit, same time.

To me it was a no brainer to save $400, but that's just me. Had no problems at all with VS and we enjoyed our stay at BC very much.

June will be our first time at WBC, always stayed on site. There will be 7 of us in 2 bdr. Now the awkward question.....do we have to supple our own toilet paper? I know housekeeping is an extra charge, but is the toilet paper replenished?:confused3

When you check in to your condo there will be a spare roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. That has usually been enough for us. Not sure what happens after two rolls but I would think you could call housekeeping and request more toilet paper. I sometimes pick up a 4 pack when we go to the grocery store since I like a particular brand of TP.
You will also have several packages of soap for dishwasher - you can request more of them. You can also request more soap for the washing machine. They do not have dryer sheets so I always bring some with me. I prefer to use the PUREX combination sheets that have washing machine soap, dryer sheet and static sheets all in one that is not a liquid so it will not spill in your suitcase.

When you check in to your condo there will be a spare roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. That has usually been enough for us. Not sure what happens after two rolls but I would think you could call housekeeping and request more toilet paper. I sometimes pick up a 4 pack when we go to the grocery store since I like a particular brand of TP.
You will also have several packages of soap for dishwasher - you can request more of them. You can also request more soap for the washing machine. They do not have dryer sheets so I always bring some with me. I prefer to use the PUREX combination sheets that have washing machine soap, dryer sheet and static sheets all in one that is not a liquid so it will not spill in your suitcase.

FWIW,

I think I've read that those PUREX combination sheets have been discontinued and are no longer available.

FWIW,

I think I've read that those PUREX combination sheets have been discontinued and are no longer available.

Correct; the Purex web site says they are no longer available. However, it is still sold on Amazon. There were reports that they sometimes left an oily residue on white fabric.

I'm sure that will not be enough for the 7 of us for 10 days. hehe.

The housekeeper gave us more toilet paper.

Zoebear said:
I have rented through Ken and Denise 3 times and have been really pleased with price and service.:thumbsup2

And I LOVE BONNET CREEK !!pixiedust:

I called and talked to Ken last night. Had a good feeling with the conversation. We decided to go with him SO EXCITED! Can't wait for our vacation.

We're just back from a week at WBC. We had a great time, once we got past the issues at check-in. We had a two-bedroom unit in Tower 4 with a gorgeous view of the lake and pools. Our unit was not recently refurbished, but everything was very clean. Only issue was with the hot water in the second bathroom. It took forever for the water to get hot, and then it would go cold in the middle of a shower. Parking was also very tight around Tower 4. Sometimes we had to use the garage. I received a call a day or two after check-in, reminding me that I had to pick up my parking pass, so I guess they are keeping track of who gets them. I went down to get mine, got the usual timeshare spiel, politely turned down their invitation to breakfast, then lost my pass so I never did use it. The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained, pools were fairly warm even during the cooler weather we had at the beginning of the week. We had a great week and are sure to return!

I called and talked to Ken last night. Had a good feeling with the conversation. We decided to go with him SO EXCITED! Can't wait for our vacation.

I booked with him last year for the same reason. I feel totally confident that he'll still be around by the time my trip rolls around! Just booked again for next Easter. I get the feeling that he'd be very fair if I last minute problem came up.

Hi everyone! I have enjoyed reading through these threads! I booked with timesharemall (derik) a few weeks ago. I received prompt response saying he would send me the confirmation document with in the next couple of days. I did not receive it and I have messaged him on Ebay and he hasn't gotten back to me. :confused3 Any ideas? Any good stories using him?

Thanks in advance!

Just got back from a 5 night stay. Glad to have found this website; I was burnt out on Disney but now I want to go back.

I booked from ebay (Puffcaptain). Paid $575 for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom in Tower 4; floor 12; with a view of Epcot Fireworks. Price was total; no additional taxes or fees.

WBC is beautiful, very clean, nicely laid out. Made breakfast 3X and Dinner 1X (used their outdoor grills, which don't get very hot; probably a safety thing. Too many flies out by grills to eat there though).

Only tried to use jacuzzi tub in the room once, on day four out of five and it didn't work. :( Otherwise no actual complaints. Toiletries provided were sufficient for two of us, room was spotless when we arrived and kitchen is very well stocked with utensils and supplies. Only thing I would suggest WBC add is a bottle of spray cleaner to help keep things tidy (Like Windex, etc).

Washer and Dryer + Dishwasher in room was like a vacation revolution to me. How did I vacation before these amenities?

I opted to go for the Resort Presentation (Timeshare Sales Pitch). Was told it is 90 minutes. YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST start managing that 90 minutes from the start or you will play games for half a day. I am a good time manager and can be very firm while still being polite. The total pitch was 105 minutes + 15 minutes waiting in line to get $125 Amex gift card. I look at it like this; I spent two hours on a non-Disney morning and effectively reduced my rate to $450 for 5 nights. It is not mandatory to go, and they did not contact me afterwards, hound me, call the room, etc. Some of the tactics they use are less than savory, so if you get your feelings hurt easily don't go. But that stuff doesn't phase me and to me it was worth the minor hassle.

The few complaints listed here were really all the bad that there was to mention. The rest was great. Great proximity to parks, all the comforts of home (and then some). Close to Downtown Disney which is a nice place to go at night. We sampled 3 of the pool areas and all were clean and well maintained. We ordered food from Bar 1521 and it too was good.

I will probably never buy a timeshare, but buying time slots from other owners worked out very well for me in this situation and overall it's a very nice property. With the $125 Amex gift card my effective rate was $90 per night full stop; no additional fees or taxes. Can't beat it.

We did not use the shuttle when we went to the park. For $4 more per couple we could just drive ourselves and not be held to any schedule either rushing for or waiting for a shuttle to arrive. People have different opinions and priorities, that is just my line of thought.

Parking garage was very close to tower 4; had to use it when we got back late one night. No big deal and nice not to have car broiling in sun the next day when we went out.

Overall would rate as 4 out of 5; upscale, comfortable, plenty for kids and adults to do to relax and enjoy themselves. Get the bugs under control at the grilling areas (and next time a working jacuzzi tub would be nice) but overall very happy and looking forward to returning. I could never stay at a Disney Value resort again after staying at WBC.

Just got back from a 5 night stay. Glad to have found this website; I was burnt out on Disney but now I want to go back.

I booked from ebay (Puffcaptain). Paid $575 for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom in Tower 4; floor 12; with a view of Epcot Fireworks. Price was total; no additional taxes or fees.

WBC is beautiful, very clean, nicely laid out. Made breakfast 3X and Dinner 1X (used their outdoor grills, which don't get very hot; probably a safety thing. Too many flies out by grills to eat there though).

Only tried to use jacuzzi tub in the room once, on day four out of five and it didn't work. :( Otherwise no actual complaints. Toiletries provided were sufficient for two of us, room was spotless when we arrived and kitchen is very well stocked with utensils and supplies. Only thing I would suggest WBC add is a bottle of spray cleaner to help keep things tidy (Like Windex, etc).

Washer and Dryer + Dishwasher in room was like a vacation revolution to me. How did I vacation before these amenities?

I opted to go for the Resort Presentation (Timeshare Sales Pitch). Was told it is 90 minutes. YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST start managing that 90 minutes from the start or you will play games for half a day. I am a good time manager and can be very firm while still being polite. The total pitch was 105 minutes + 15 minutes waiting in line to get $125 Amex gift card. I look at it like this; I spent two hours on a non-Disney morning and effectively reduced my rate to $450 for 5 nights. It is not mandatory to go, and they did not contact me afterwards, hound me, call the room, etc. Some of the tactics they use are less than savory, so if you get your feelings hurt easily don't go. But that stuff doesn't phase me and to me it was worth the minor hassle.

The few complaints listed here were really all the bad that there was to mention. The rest was great. Great proximity to parks, all the comforts of home (and then some). Close to Downtown Disney which is a nice place to go at night. We sampled 3 of the pool areas and all were clean and well maintained. We ordered food from Bar 1521 and it too was good.

I will probably never buy a timeshare, but buying time slots from other owners worked out very well for me in this situation and overall it's a very nice property. With the $125 Amex gift card my effective rate was $90 per night full stop; no additional fees or taxes. Can't beat it.

We did not use the shuttle when we went to the park. For $4 more per couple we could just drive ourselves and not be held to any schedule either rushing for or waiting for a shuttle to arrive. People have different opinions and priorities, that is just my line of thought.

Parking garage was very close to tower 4; had to use it when we got back late one night. No big deal and nice not to have car broiling in sun the next day when we went out.

Overall would rate as 4 out of 5; upscale, comfortable, plenty for kids and adults to do to relax and enjoy themselves. Get the bugs under control at the grilling areas (and next time a working jacuzzi tub would be nice) but overall very happy and looking forward to returning. I could never stay at a Disney Value resort again after staying at WBC.

Thanks for the review.

FWIW, i've found everytime I've gone and the in room Jacuzzi doesn't want to start, that it's often simply a case of the breaker being tripped. Simply opening the breaker box (located behind the door to the master bedroom), finding the jacuzzi breaker, and resetting it, has always fixed the Jacuzzi tub jets for me.

Thanks for the review.

FWIW, i've found everytime I've gone and the in room Jacuzzi doesn't want to start, that it's often simply a case of the breaker being tripped. Simply opening the breaker box (located behind the door to the master bedroom), finding the jacuzzi breaker, and resetting it, has always fixed the Jacuzzi tub jets for me.

Thanks for the tip. Makes perfect sense to me. I noticed later on that the tub still was wet meaning the automatic dryer never kicked on, so yeah probably a tripped breaker. I was so toasted from a day of pounding pavement at Epcot that I was just glad to be in a large tub with hot water.

I'm back cruising ebay and there are some really good deals for WBC. $260 for 4 nights (this weekend though; I don't think my boss would care for that). And a 6 night stay in October for $550.

I live only 2.5 hours away, so it makes a nice getaway without dealing with airfare, rental car, etc. I may use it the next time for more non-Disney adventures like Kennedy Space Center and Universal.

How does WBC compare to other Wyndham resorts in the area? What are the differences between Bonnet Creek and Star Island for example?

Hi, we will be staying at WBC later this month and I have perused these threads and have a couple of questions I didnt see asked before.

1) If we are going to have visitors while we are at the WBC, and they may stay overnight, what do we do about parking for them? I have seen where it looks like I need to get a parking pass (although others say no?) for my party since we are the ones staying at the WBC, but I am wondering what visitors may need to get (or not get).

2) Has anyone gotten a massage anywhere near WBC that you would recommend?

Thanks and counting the days!!!

Thanks for the tip. Makes perfect sense to me. I noticed later on that the tub still was wet meaning the automatic dryer never kicked on, so yeah probably a tripped breaker. I was so toasted from a day of pounding pavement at Epcot that I was just glad to be in a large tub with hot water.

I'm back cruising ebay and there are some really good deals for WBC. $260 for 4 nights (this weekend though; I don't think my boss would care for that). And a 6 night stay in October for $550.

I live only 2.5 hours away, so it makes a nice getaway without dealing with airfare, rental car, etc. I may use it the next time for more non-Disney adventures like Kennedy Space Center and Universal.

How does WBC compare to other Wyndham resorts in the area? What are the differences between Bonnet Creek and Star Island for example?

It's hard for me to comment on the different resorts in the area since honestly, I've only ever stayed at the Bonnet Creek resort. From what I've heard though, some of the other ones in the area are REALLY nice, and some people actually prefer some of the other ones (Star Island / Cypress Palms) since they are a bit smaller and more "intimate". www.wyndhamvacationresorts.com is the website for the time share system, and I Believe you can look up some of the other resorts to see pictures and get some details on them. (I'm honestly not sure how much is hidden behind the owner login though).

I have stayed at some other Wyndham Properties though. Earlier this year I spent just under a week at the Old Town Alexandria resort and LOVED it. I'll also be spending a long weekend at the Atlanta City Skyline Towers resort t the end of the month, and what I'm seeing so far I'm liking it too. I'd honestly be surprised if the quality of accomodations at the other Orlando Area resorts had any significant quality differences from other resorts in the system. (If anything, I might expect the other Orlando Area resorts to be in better shape since they aren't as large and popular with renters, so you'll end up with more owners who will treat the property with respect)

Hi, we will be staying at WBC later this month and I have perused these threads and have a couple of questions I didnt see asked before.

1) If we are going to have visitors while we are at the WBC, and they may stay overnight, what do we do about parking for them? I have seen where it looks like I need to get a parking pass (although others say no?) for my party since we are the ones staying at the WBC, but I am wondering what visitors may need to get (or not get).

2) Has anyone gotten a massage anywhere near WBC that you would recommend?

Thanks and counting the days!!!

1. If it's a single night, I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to be safe though, you can always request multiple parking passes when you get yours. I've had friends join me for a couple nights before when I've been down and I've just requested extra parking passes when I get my pass so that I can give it to them to put in their car while they visit.

2. I haven't gotten one, but I know that the Wyndham Grande which opened last year has a nice full service spa on the property. I know Massages were on the menu of services offered. I'd thnk it would have a couple advantages since it's onsite so you won't have to drive anyplace.... and it's part of the nice hotel, so it's not going to be a potentially shady place you might find in some other offsite stand alone locations.

There's also Spas located at the SwalPhin, Coronado Beach Resort, and Grand Floridian (assuming it's reopened at the time of your visit due to the DVC construction).

Agree with everything! Our jacuzzi has always worked and we never used the grills. After 15 years of Disney World trips, this is the only place for us now!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kleldridge said:
Agree with everything! Our jacuzzi has always worked and we never used the grills. After 15 years of Disney World trips, this is the only place for us now!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That makes me feel good about my choice to abandon our usual disney hotel commitment. Staying at wbc for 1st time sunday! So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter