The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are ready to book at Bonnet Creek. Can someone compare Ken Price vs. Vacation Strategy?
Thanks

Rates differ for various reasons. I have never rented from vacation strategy but I have heard good things. This will be my 6th rental from Ken price and unless there was a crazy difference, I will always go with him. I don't even worry about anything. For me, even if the difference was a couple hundred bucks I would still use them just for the convenience, and customer service. THe only way to find out if to call and ask for a quote. He will get right back to youl

I am looking to surprise my family with a trip in late February (the week after President's Day/Week) as it will be school vacation week in New Hampshire and we might be able to catch a spring training game if we're lucky. Our APs also won't have expired by this point and it would be nice to get in one last trip before they do.

We generally stay on site but we might want to take a trip over to Universal and staying at any of the Disney hotels requires two rooms to squeeze everyone in. Since people seem to like Wyndham Bonnet Creek so much, I thought I would look into it and rent a minivan to drive everyone around.

I got a quote for a 2BR from VS for about $162 a night and a 3BR for about $222 a night. I see that if I wait until the 60 day booking window with vacationupgrades.com that I might be able to get the 2BR for $120 a night, it just makes me nervous to wait that long before reserving accommodations. Booking now with them would put me in at a rate of $200 a night. So it's possible that vacationupgrades could save me about $40 a night or be more expensive by $40 a night depending on availability at the 60 day window

When booking with VS, I can lock in the reservation with a deposit of $300 and they want the difference about 2-4 weeks before check in from what I've read. How does booking with vacationupgrades work?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I am looking to surprise my family with a trip in late February (the week after President's Day/Week) as it will be school vacation week in New Hampshire and we might be able to catch a spring training game if we're lucky. Our APs also won't have expired by this point and it would be nice to get in one last trip before they do.

We generally stay on site but we might want to take a trip over to Universal and staying at any of the Disney hotels requires two rooms to squeeze everyone in. Since people seem to like Wyndham Bonnet Creek so much, I thought I would look into it and rent a minivan to drive everyone around.

I got a quote for a 2BR from VS for about $162 a night and a 3BR for about $222 a night. I see that if I wait until the 60 day booking window with vacationupgrades.com that I might be able to get the 2BR for $120 a night, it just makes me nervous to wait that long before reserving accommodations. Booking now with them would put me in at a rate of $200 a night. So it's possible that vacationupgrades could save me about $40 a night or be more expensive by $40 a night depending on availability at the 60 day window

When booking with VS, I can lock in the reservation with a deposit of $300 and they want the difference about 2-4 weeks before check in from what I've read. How does booking with vacationupgrades work?

Thanks for any help in advance!

With Ken at Vacation upgrades, you can book at the regualar rate and then if he can rebook you at the 60 day mark he lowers your price. He works very hard to rebook. I would tell him when you want to go and see what he thinks he can do. He has an excellent sense of the possibility of being able to rebook. This is my 4th trip thru him. All three times (January/February/August and he was able to rebook) However, BC is getting very popular!

Has anyone heard of Vacation Strategies Membership "Club"? VS seems to have a separate membership club that allows access to some of the Disney Vacation Club resorts for really really cheap. I got an ad in my Facebook feed from them yesterday, and now I am very interested.

They post new deals on Mondays, and it appears the Disney resorts are not there this week. Just as an example, they had the Wilderness 1 bedroom for 7 nights at around $980. Animal Kingdom Lodge 1 BR was closer to $1300 for 7 nights in July. Before I bother calling, I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this. There is no pricing on their site.

Here is a link to their club site:

vacationstrategyclub.com

Has anyone heard of Vacation Strategies Membership "Club"? VS seems to have a separate membership club that allows access to some of the Disney Vacation Club resorts for really really cheap. I got an ad in my Facebook feed from them yesterday, and now I am very interested.

They post new deals on Mondays, and it appears the Disney resorts are not there this week. Just as an example, they had the Wilderness 1 bedroom for 7 nights at around $980. Animal Kingdom Lodge 1 BR was closer to $1300 for 7 nights in July. Before I bother calling, I wanted to know if anyone else is seeing this. There is no pricing on their site.

vacationstrategyclub.com
I got an email last week from VS with the link. THe prices were crazy good but I couldn't take advantage of any.

Tower 6 was highly recommended to me. We are booked in a 2 bdr standard. Does Tower 6 have these units high floor, firework view? Or are there only presidential units above floor 10?

I got an email last week from VS with the link. THe prices were crazy good but I couldn't take advantage of any.

Oops I meant to double quote, but this will do. I also got the email and they did look great. They were somewhat last minute deals I believe? I didn't look that closely b/c I'm not able to just book something last minute but I wish I could!

We do not have cone filter coffee pot at home. I hope I can find a small package of cone filters at store.

I'm with you - I honestly didn't even know something like that existed! I'm sure you will be able to pick some up at the local stores. I know that there are a few nearby.

Oops I meant to double quote, but this will do. I also got the email and they did look great. They were somewhat last minute deals I believe? I didn't look that closely b/c I'm not able to just book something last minute but I wish I could!

If anyone knows the price, please post! There were good deals, unless it's several hundred to "join" their club.

Hi, am planning another trip to Disney and will be in a 1 bedroom at WBC. I've stayed before, but was in a 2 bedroom unit. Does the 1 bedroom unit have a jacuzzi type tub.

Since you've stayed in a 2bdrm, The 1bdrm should be pretty easy for you to mentally picture since the layout is virtually identical.

to 'turn' a 2bdrm unit into the 1bdrm, First you would put a wall by the main entrance door to the unit which would completely remove the mini-hall which contains the 2nd bdrm and bathroom, and the washer/dryer closet.

Then you will add a door to the wall "behind/next" to the kitchen Table that creates a 2nd door into the master bathroom (the Toilet/shower/sink part of the bathroom). Next to this door on the dining room side is where the Washer/Dryer closet has been added.

Outside of the deletion of the 2nd bedroom hallway and the addition of the 2nd door to the bathroom from the common area, The layout between a 1bdrm and 2bdrm unit are exactly the same.

Tower 6 was highly recommended to me. We are booked in a 2 bdr standard. Does Tower 6 have these units high floor, firework view? Or are there only presidential units above floor 10?

Sorry, Tower 6 floor 10 and above are exclusively Presidential style units.

Because of the building location and orentiation, i don't believe it's possible to have a deluxe room w/ a fireworks view within this building.

We are staying in my aunts timeshare at Wyndham bonnet creek June 2-9. We have a 3 bedroom deluxe. We going with another family. We are excited! I've heard many nice things about the resort!!

We are going to Disney the last week in August. Got two quotes for Bonnet Creek. One from Ken Price and one from VS. Pros and coins please. I am leaning towards Ken Price. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

cruisinpan567 said:
We are going to Disney the last week in August. Got two quotes for Bonnet Creek. One from Ken Price and one from VS. Pros and coins please. I am leaning towards Ken Price. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

I meant cons not coins. Lol

Thanks

All I can say is we had a very positive experience with Ken and Denise. They even emailed me their home phone number so I could ask questions.

Robbi said:
All I can say is we had a very positive experience with Ken and Denise. They even emailed me their home phone number so I could ask questions.

I just sent in my name, #, and address into Ken Price. So far that is the way I am leaning. Still could use some more pros and cons.

Thanks

vacationstrategyclub.com

thanks for posting, I am very interested in this option. I have been thinking about renting points for our next trip, but really do not want the hassle.

I just sent in my name, #, and address into Ken Price. So far that is the way I am leaning. Still could use some more pros and cons.

Thanks

I have rented through Ken and Denise 3 times and have been really pleased with price and service.:thumbsup2

And I LOVE BONNET CREEK !!pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter