The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Disfan15, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohionola

ohionola Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if infants (less than 2) have to pay for the shuttle.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jenny_nichole

jenny_nichole Mouseketeer

Hi all,

We discovered WBC last year when we stayed for 12 nights in May and absolutely loved it. (Thanks for the tip disboards!) We went last minute and combined 2 fantastic deals on ebay. (5N in 3BR presidential and 7N in 3BR deluxe)

We are planning a trip to Orlando from 11/6-13/2013. (I am running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon! :))

Here's my dilemma:
    I have a quote from VS for $625 2BR deluxe or $899 2 BR presidential for the week. Should I hold out until the last minute in hopes of getting a better deal through ebay? :hourglass Or is this a pretty decent price from this time of year and would it be worth the peace of mind having our room booked?

Still debating whether to go deluxe or presidential too...loved them both...really liked Tower 6, but wonder if we would like to experience a different tower too.

Thanks,
    Jennifer

4. jenny_nichole

Another question:

I've read on here that you can no longer make room requests ahead of time. But can you try to arrive early and request a tower/view upon check-in?

:) Jennifer

5. Calirya

Calirya Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Thank you!

6. Calirya

Calirya Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

I called and asked this. I was told it just depends what is available at the time. We're due to arrive in early and was told it just depends. The woman I talked to AT the resort wasnt a big help. Just kept saying thats the new policy and there are no exceptions. By the end of the call I was like whatever!

7. cinderellamom123

cinderellamom123 Mouseketeer

Hey Jennifer, I have to ask you. We are staying 2 weeks. One of the weeks we have the option for a free upgrade from a 2br deluxe to a 2 bedroom presidential. Did you feel that it would be worth it for the free upgrade to move in mid stay. I know it will be a pain. Is the difference in the room worth the move in your opinion?

8. jenny_nichole

Hmmm....packing is a pain, but I think I would go for it. The presidentials are really nice. :) You would be trading some precious vacation time to pack/unpack for a really nice room in a great location(tower 6). If you don't want to interrupt your day or park time though, you may want to stick with the deluxe room, which is still really nice.

HTH-Jennifer

9. nifferearly

nifferearly Mouseketeer

I want to report on a good customer service experience with Vacation Strategy. My cousin and her family are going to WDW 5/11-5/18. Several months ago, we checked on availability on both 2 and 3 bedroom condos at BC through VS. I contacted them to book a 3 BR and there was confusion on the part of their rep (Fabian) and he confirmed availablity for a 2BR. Then he changed it to a 3BR Presidential but the last night wasn't available. While I was trying to email him to get this resolved, he called my cousin directly and pressured her into booking the 6 night reservation in a Presidential (so more money for 1 less night than originally quoted). I contacted the owner, Humaira, and she read our emails and agreed that there was confusion and apologized if Fabian pressured my cousin. She offered to guarantee me 6 nights in a 3BR Deluxe (possibly a Pres) and would get them in either a 2BR or 3BR for the last night at the original price quoted. I decided not to argue that we'd be overpaying if that last night ended up in a 2BR since they already got a great price ($799) and I'd rather have them move within the resort than check into a separate hotel entirely for the last night.

About 2 weeks ago, I called BC and confirmed the reservation. They had her in a 3BR Pres but only for 6 nights. I contacted Fabian and he immediately replied that she would definitely have a 2BR but they were trying to still get a 3BR for the entire week and would book the last night in her name today. After being slightly stressed about this for the last two weeks, I'm happy to report that BC just confirmed 7 nights in a 3BR Presidential :banana:

After a rocky start, I would definitely book with VS again and will recommend them to others. The owner was very concerned about me having a positive experience and I really appreciate their extra effort to get my family in the same unit all week.

10. Protaras76

Protaras76 Earning My Ears

According to their website under 3's are free :)

11. Protaras76

Protaras76 Earning My Ears

According to their website under 3's are free :)

12. lolobug

lolobug DIS Veteran

Can anyone comment on their experience with the shuttle service?

13. ohionola

ohionola Mouseketeer

We used it in February before the charge. We found it wasn't as crazy as the Disney buses but crowded at times. Times were good but last bus from the parks was sometimes before the park closed.

14. cruisinpan567

cruisinpan567 Mouseketeer

We are ready to book at Bonnet Creek. Can someone compare Ken Price vs. Vacation Strategy?
    Thanks

15. chekhovgirl

chekhovgirl Mouseketeer

If you read back a couple of pages, people have recently been posting their experience with the two. We have reserved with VS because it was quoted $220 less than the quote we received from Ken and we're already going at an expensive time, so I'll save what I can get! I've talked to VS on the phone and they were very helpful and prompt. I don't anticipate a problem, but this is our first time booking/staying at BC.

16. tammyroo

tammyroo Mouseketeer

We are headed to WBC this week and I have one question...

Do the coffee pots take basket style filters or cone style?

17. SYDCOLEMOM

SYDCOLEMOM Mouseketeer

The filters are cone style

18. Travellerman

Travellerman Mouseketeer

Hi, am planning another trip to Disney and will be in a 1 bedroom at WBC. I've stayed before, but was in a 2 bedroom unit. Does the 1 bedroom unit have a jacuzzi type tub.

19. carlbarry

carlbarry DIS Veteran

Yes! It is in a room between the bathroom and the bedroom, and has the Jacuzzi and a sink.

20. 4mykidz127

4mykidz127 Earning My Ears

We are booked thru VS the 4th thru the 12th. We booked back in Jan and my sister just checked with Ken to get the 60 day out rate and was told that he was all booked up thru July. He did have the last week in June available.

21. disneyfreak7

disneyfreak7 DIS Veteran

are the filters and coffee provided in a 2 bdr for entire stay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.