• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wave.....wow! :)

fivedisfans

Earning My Ears
We were there this past week and got a somewhat last-minute dinner reservation at The Wave....of American Flavors at the Contemporary. It ended up being our favorite meal of the trip! Both the food and the service were outstanding. And since the dress code is "theme park attire" we walked in wearing just that, what we would typically wear for a day in the parks and felt like we fit right in, as everyone else was dressed like we were (I don't ever bring dressy clothes to Disney....I know people do, but that's just my personal preference). In fact at one point our teenage son looked around the place worriedly and said something like, should we be dressed better? And I replied we are absolutely fine, just look around at what every other guest is wearing. :) We felt it was the best of both worlds---excellent quality food and service away from the bustle of the parks, but relaxed and comfortable at the same time. Just wanted to share our experience!

The Wave has been our "break from MK" lunch spot since it opened. We have also had breakfast a few times. We have never had a bad meal. We are finely working in a dinner in October and I am looking forward to it!

Id love to hear what you ordered and enjoyed! We have a reservation in December and it's been several years since we last ate at the Wave. Entree recommendations? Sides? Desserts? Drinks? Thanks.

OP thank you SO MUCH. I have this on my list to add when my ressie window opens next week. We were adding it, and now are looking forward to it.

Me and my two boys ate there this past Saturday. I agree, its a hidden gem. Excellent dinner. I had the jerk spiced pork chop, my sons had the fettuccine carbonara and pork tenderloin. All excellent dishes and service was great. It wasn't highly themed, but it was an excellent dinner.

I had breakfast there about two weeks ago and the food and service was very good. My favorite part, though, was how quiet it was. After being bombarded by noise at the parks, on the rides, and at other restaurants, it was blissfully quiet in there. It was incredibly refreshing.

I keep thinking about going there for breakfast...would people recommend it?
I had a good breakfast at The Wave. There is a buffet option (which I chose), as well as a regular menu to choose from if buffets aren't your thing. The buffet selection wasn't huge, but I enjoyed what they had and managed to try a bunch of different things. Service was good and my waitress was friendly. There is more space in there between tables than some other Disney restaurants, so it doesn't feel like you're just being crammed into a space, but it was also not at all crowded, so that helped as well. I've mentioned it before in a couple of places, but it was the quietest restaurant I've been to at Disney. Normally I wouldn't bother mentioning it, but there is such a stark contrast in the noise level at the Wave compared with anywhere else that it's almost impossible not to notice. Overall, I would recommend it. As a breakfast spot, I would still choose Boma over Wave, but the Wave is in no way a bad choice.

Honestly my mom and I hated it. You pay more than even usual for a Disney meal (which is already high) and got about half the meal. We weren't happy and swore never to go back

We really like The Wave we've had the filet and the pork tenderloin. Both were very good, as was the service. The bread service is really good, also! We're taking my sister and her husband there in October before we surprise them with a WISHES cruise...can't wait!!!,

Glad to read these reviews. Dh and I are going next month. Just wondering where is it exactly located. I dont know if we will go there by the studios bus or take the monorail from the MK. Havent finalized our early park plans yet.

Anyone have any apps they enjoyed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter