The wave - good choice?

colleenr

Earning My Ears
I got a reservation at the wave but was wondering if it's a good choice. It's for two adults and a 5 and 2 year old. I'm looking for a place with good lamb for my husband. Please tell me ur opinions. TIA

The Wave isn't known for its children's menu but they do offer the usual suspects so the children will probably be happy. Its wonderful for adults with some really tasty food.

We stay at Bay Lake / Contemporary and have almost always been disappointed by The Wave. But the dinner menu is their strongest.

Be Our Guest has rack of lamb - less expensive than The Wave & you can greet The Beast.

BlueZoo has far better food than The Wave and they have a Lamb Dish - hay smoked….

Traveling with a 2 y.o. - convenience is the most important factor.

BlueZoo has far better food than The Wave and they have a Lamb Dish - hay smoked….

I would rather dine at bluezoo than The Wave, but to be fair, bluezoo is a Signature dining establishment that costs a lot more.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Got questions about DVC?
★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★
in the DVC Forums has the answers to your questions about the Disney Vacation Club.

I would rather dine at bluezoo than The Wave, but to be fair, bluezoo is a Signature dining establishment that costs a lot more.

Got questions about DVC?
★ ☆ ★ THE DVC INFORMATION CENTER ★ ☆ ★
in the DVC Forums has the answers to your questions about the Disney Vacation Club.
I agree.

But we enjoy Be Our Guest - and the prices / quality relation for dinner at BoG is excellent!

I really loved our dinner at The Wave this past trip. It was a very pleasant surprise.

I really like the wave. It's just kind of fresh, contemporary American food.

Our Ratings of The Wave (Breakfast Buffet): (*rev 3/9/2015*)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a
NOTE1: This is a new location for a breakfast buffet. The Wave buffet has significantly
increased its variety, and now is very much worth the visit. At just under $20 per adult,
it is extremely reasonable for a WDW buffet. For breakfast, it is probably the best-kept
dining secret. it has Mickey waffles and delicious sweet potato pancakes. They use local
fresh fruit and vegetables. For those with a smaller appetite, one can do the usual ala
carte breakfast menu.
The eatery doesn't exude "Disney", but atmosphere is pleasant.
NOTE2: Another EXCELLENT breakfast buffet choice is Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. Either
Wave or Trail's End are great values, especially considering the other breakfast prices
at WDW.

Our Ratings of Wave Lunch & Dinner: (*rev 4/14/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Lump Crab-Florida Rock Shrimp Cake
. . . entrée:.. Lamb Shank, Pork Tenderloin
. . . dessert:. Trio Dessert(s)
NOTE1: On the check-in level of Contemporary, past Front Desk, then left. The dining
entrées are a bit overpriced; service can be spotty, and food quality was only average.
Unfortunately, nothing to write home about or that demands a second visit. One problem
is food doesn't always come out as ordered, or hot. The restaurant is a quiet place to
eat as it doesn't seem to draw the loud kids or uncouth adults. To us, it is an OK place
to eat dinner, but nothing that rates a rave. The menu has American-type dishes versus
something abstract or exotic. We thought Lamb Shank and locally-sourced Pork Tenderloin
were very good, but were displeased with Oven Roasted Chicken and Beef Tenderloin. Trio
Desserts, with three samples on same plate, are pretty tasty. The good side is that the
bar is comforting and welcoming; a nice place to throw a few back. The eatery doesn't
exude "Disney", but atmosphere is pleasant.
NOTE2: Although mediocre for dinner, the breakfast buffet is one of WDW's best kept
secrets for both price and quality, the other being Trails End in Fort Wilderness.

We love The Wave for all meals especially the breakfast buffet. For dinner their fish is always very good (and fresh). I don't agree with some of the other comments. We have never been disappointed other than them not having the "Mickey Bread Pudding" on the buffet the last time we were there. Food has always been good quality and reasonable (especially in comparison to Blue Zoo which is very expensive).

My dd always loved the kids pizza at The Wave because they make it fresh. (she still loves it even at 17):love:

Feel free to check out my reviews of the Wave-you can scroll to the bottom of the dinner review and click the links to the breakfast and lunch reviews. Even though they do change their menu many items are still the same other than fish which changes by season.

http://disneydiningreviews.com/wave-dinner-review-2.htm

Our Ratings of The Wave (Breakfast Buffet): (*rev 3/9/2015*)

NOTE1: This is a new location for a breakfast buffet. The Wave buffet has significantly
increased its variety, and now is very much worth the visit. At just under $20 per adult,
it is extremely reasonable for a WDW buffet. For breakfast, it is probably the best-kept
dining secret. it has Mickey waffles and delicious sweet potato pancakes. They use local
fresh fruit and vegetables. For those with a smaller appetite, one can do the usual ala
carte breakfast menu.
The eatery doesn't exude "Disney", but atmosphere is pleasant.
NOTE2: Another EXCELLENT breakfast buffet choice is Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. Either
Wave or Trail's End are great values, especially considering the other breakfast prices
at WDW.
It's been a two years since I did the Wave breakfast buffet, and now it is bigger? Might need to stop on by again instead of the al a carte. We just did Trails End and found it to be a pretty nice value as mentioned.

For the OP. We are fans of the Wave. Have only done breakfast and lunch however. Food is fresh and you get to come to the Contemporary, which is fun for kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter